[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's time to talk about the greatest RPG of all time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: goatrpg.jpg (135KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
goatrpg.jpg
135KB, 1920x1080px
It's time to talk about the greatest RPG of all time
>>
good controls, no xxx yyy xxx. but graphics will make you sucked
>>
Average BOTWcuck won't make it past the first bandit camp
>>
>>375916119

>no xxx yyy xxx

what?
>>
only germanfags and poorslavs consider this the best RPG of all time.
>>
>>375916006
So where do I start with Gothic? I have both games from GoG, so are there any patches I need to install before I begin?

>>375916930
>what?
No button-mashing gameplay, I believe.
>>
>>375918052

Gothic 1
>>
>>375918184
>Gothic 1
...thanks, anon.
Are there any patches I need to install before I start playing?
>>
>>375918680

probably I didn't though myself
>>
>>375918052
Gothic 1 is comfy but kind of shit t b h. Very generic, tiny, and badly designed. You should only play it if you care about the plot, a lot of characters transition to the second game, and you eventually return to the colony in Gothic 2. If you don't give a fuck about the story, jump straight into Gothic 2 which is a real masterpiece
>>
>>375916006
I know I'm kinda asking to be shitstormed but... Any chance to play it decently with a gamepad?
>>
File: psst.png (260KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
psst.png
260KB, 380x380px
>>375918680
1) gothic1_playerkit-1.08k.exe
2) Gothic1_PlayerKit-2.8.exe
3) G1Classic-SystemPack-1.7.exe
Enjoy proper widescreen/FOV, unlimited frames per second, G2 controls (LMB = action, RMB = jumpan) and custom draw distance (I set it to x2 of original, works fine).
>>
>>375919903
I played through both Gothic 1 and 2 recently with a gamepad using an xpadder profile I made it works fine just torrent xpadder and map the keys to your liking
>>
>>375921175
Oh, and you also need gothic1-1.08k-patch.exe before all that but ONLY if you're using Steam version.
Run the game once after you installed errything and change these lines in SystemPack.ini:
NewFOVformula=1 (no more disfigured models)
DrawDistanceMultiplier=2
OutDoorPortalDistanceMultiplier=2
InDoorPortalDistanceMultiplier=2
WoodPortalDistanceMultiplier=2
(drawing distance, setting it to higher than that will most likely screw up your graphics)
DisableLOD=1 (errything will look fully detailed even in distance, don't use if playing on complete toaster).
That's about it.
>>
File: thumbsup.jpg (25KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
thumbsup.jpg
25KB, 301x267px
>>375919572
Thanks anon, I'll give it a go - I'm no stranger to playing unintuitive/average games for comfiness, so I'll start with the first one and see how I go.

>>375921175
>>375922339
Thanks anon! I've been meaning to play them for forever, so it's good to be able to get this sort of info first. Much appreciated, the both of you.
>>
File: cat2.jpg (38KB, 418x467px) Image search: [Google]
cat2.jpg
38KB, 418x467px
>>375923413
np bro enjoy
>>
>>375923413
Remember NOT to play Night of the Raven the first time around unless you want your anus to bleed profusely
>>
>>375924256
There's literally no point in playing vanilla G2, NoTR has more quests, fixes bugs, etc.
It's definitely harder, especially if you wanna be a spellcaster, but it's the good kind of hard.
>>
>>375925121
NOTR is absolutely guaranteed to wreck the beginner, and not in a fun Dark Souls-sy way, but in a holy-fuck-I-screwed-my-character-beyond-repair-after-30-hours-of-playing
>>
>>375925505
>I-screwed-my-character-beyond-repair-after-30-hours-of-playing
How would you do that? Especially if at least you played G1 before (and you definitely should because the game kind of assumes you did and doesn't explain shit).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.