[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Pontiff.jpg (50KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Pontiff.jpg
50KB, 640x360px
Did people really have problems with Pontiff Sulyvahn? I beat him in 3 times, mostly because I had some problems when he split up, but most people I talk to rank him among the harder bosses in the game.

I found the Demon King and Nameless King way, way harder.

Also, is the DLC worth it? I still haven't bought any of it because life and other games got in the way.
>>
>DLC
It's the best areas but they aren't huge.
>>
>>375911835
I had massive problems with Pontiff the first time I faced him. Hell I had problems with most bosses the first time I got to them because I played a pure Sorc
>>
I don't recall anyone ever saying they had trouble with sulyvahn. He only took me two attempts.
>>
>>375911835
I didn't really have much of an issue with him, hardest one for me was probably nameless King. Actually had a lot of problems with the crystal wizard boss early on too, no idea why
>>
>Demon King hard
>Sullyvahn easy
Contrarian much?
>>
I couldnt beat any of the bosses by myself except for soul of cinder, oceiros and curse rotted greatwood.
>>
It just felt like a DPS race to me, just wail on him as much as you can, take hits, heal, wail some more, and that's it.

The first time I died maybe twice and the 3 times since then I've beat him on my first try.
>>
>>375911835
issue most people have with him is they don't parry and he has several moves that look similar but have different roll timings

if you cant kill the clone while its spawning then that phase can be an issue otherwise its easier than the first one

>Also, is the DLC worth it?
first one is short and only has 2 bosses but has probably one of the hardest bosses in the game and gives you access to the pvp arena

second dlc is longer but the first half is eh

the bosses are much better, one of them is a pvp battle and the last guy is 10/10 in style points

each dlc contains around 3 slabs
>>
>>375911835
>Demon King
Really?

It sounds like you use shields from your ranking. People who don't use shields AND don't know how to parry will struggle with Pontiff since his attacks are timed so differently to other bosses.

Same thing with Gundyr 2: Electric Boogaloo, as soon as you parry he becomes easy as fuck.
>>
>>375913986
>and the last guy is 10/10 in style points
maybe if you never fought artorias or maria.
And in a game where the legion isn't a boss.
>>
>>375914132
>maria.
In a game where Gerhman aka video game kino exists, you chose Maria as the stylish boss fight?

Shit taste. Pleb tier. Sad.
>>
>>375911835
The only hard bosses without DLCs are Twin Princess and Oceiros.
>>
>>375914237

You think another Artorias clone was stylish?
You think you have any room to condescend?

Did you also think "Damage Sponge Dragon #3" was "stylish" as well?
>>
File: 1484163845303.jpg (9KB, 220x200px) Image search: [Google]
1484163845303.jpg
9KB, 220x200px
>>375914262
>Oceiros
>>
>>375911835
3 times is having problems, really
more than 10 is when you realize you suck
first or second try is the regular way to do bossfights
>>
I had problems with Dragon Armor more than anything. Crystal Sage is bullshit if you're a caster. Oceiros does random flail charge shit that can be tricky, but he's squishy.

And Demon King, are you shitting me?? if you have any type of ranged anything you can just shoot him to death safely or are you talking about getting to him?
>>
>>375914262
>Oceiros
I've beaten DSIII three times and not once has Oceiros given me trouble, am I missing something or did I just git gud?
>>
>>375914358
>Artorias clone
Alright I'm now genuinely curious. How the fuck did you reach that conclusion? They both stand on 2 legs?

They're nothing alike you fucking brain damaged sperglord.

Maria is more like Artorias. She succumbs to the Abyss I MEAN BLOODTINGE which buffs her attacks despite being the thing she hated most in life.

Kill yourself.

You are so fucking stupid it's actually unreal. You completely lack awareness. How the fuck did you even type that sentence out without thinking "actually, I'm fucking stupid and should stop typing".
>>
>>375914502
He's regarded as one of the easiest bosses in the game, I think the other anon was just retarded.
>>
>>375914672
could be he didn't level up hp and was getting killed by the instant charge
>>
>>375914568

>nothing alike
>both based on Guts from Berserk
>both throw an NPC creature at you in the cutscene
>both have big swords
>both to acrobatic flips and charges and tornado sword spins
>both their souls provide greatswords with flip-around heavy attacks

yeah, totally "nothing alike"
>>
>>375914978
>both have big swords
>provide greatswords
Are you actually retarded?

Forget our conversation, you're too stupid to make a comparison and I see that now, but I'm concerned about you. Have you been diagnosed with anything? Do you have a history of head injury? You should book an appointment with your GP, there's something wrong with you, I'm not shitposting, I really do think you need help.
>>
>>375915174
Have you just not played the Ds1 DLC or something?
>>
>>375914448
>And Demon King, are you shitting me??
Not OP but I had much more problems with Demon King than with Pontiff as well. Maybe because fuck ranged. Sword and board is the way to go
>>
>>375911835
>I beat him in 3 times
Past, present, and future?
>>
>>375914978
Gerhman has a scythe, not a sword, did you even play the game?
>>
Pontiff kicked my ass really hard at first but then I tried blocking instead of rolling and it only took a few tries.
>>
>>375914978
>>both throw an NPC creature at you in the cutscene
What? Gehrman doesn't throw anything at you. Also he uses a scythe and a gun, not a greatsword. He doesn't flip. There are no boss souls in this game. Did you even play Bloodborne? Are you a self-inserting PC fag that watched half a lets play?
>>
>>375915218
Yes, you clearly didn't play Bloodborne though lmao.
>>
>>375915174
>>375915350
>>375915506
>>375915573
Nice reading comprehension pcponies. Gg
>>
>>375915786
I think Gehrman damaged your brain in that cutscene where he throws the monster at you :^)
>>
>>375915786
Talking about Gael?
>>
First time bed of chaos is harder than 90% of these normie "bosses"
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.