[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one should I get? GPD Win or Raspberry Pi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: r-pi vs gpd win.jpg (234KB, 1405x560px) Image search: [Google]
r-pi vs gpd win.jpg
234KB, 1405x560px
Which one should I get the most enjoyment out of in terms of not only games/emulation but also other pc tasks?
>>
>>375907849
what the fuck kind of retarded question is this?
Do you also wonder whether you should buy a bicycle or a skateboard? Yes, they can both take you from point a to point b but they are still fundamentally different things.
>>
Raspberry Pi obviously.
>>
>>375908891
Then recommend which one is better if you happen to have experience with both. That's the bloody question.
>>
>>375909090
Why? Please justify.
>>
>>375908891
> fundamentally different things

What kind of retarded comment is this? No shit anon, that's why I'm asking which one people on /v/ prefer.
>>
>>375910132
Rasperry pi is slower and you´ll run into problems emulating ps1 / n64 and newer consoles (the latest pi version handles an ok amount of ps1 relatively well but it´s not perfect)
You´ll also obviously have more games to play on a windows based system.

The pi really isn´t intended for gaming. It´s a tinkering platform to develop on or host personal servers.
>>
File: Nintendo-Switch-010.jpg (157KB, 1087x725px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Switch-010.jpg
157KB, 1087x725px
>>375907849
neither
>>
>>375910561
So you're saying this thing can play virtually every old PC game ever made and emulate a massive amount of other games?
>>
>>375910458

"Well, /v/, which one is better? This bicycle or this chocolate cake? Answer!"
>>
>>375910561
Only if the console is hacked. Don't misunderstand me I already own a Switch purely for Zelda. But there is nothing really to play after that. OP wants a emulator box where he can play everything up to gamecube generation. The Switch isn't going to provide that without hacking.
>>
GPD win is overpriced garbage.
>>
>>375910624
What a retarded analogy.

The GPD win and Raspberry Pi both fall into the category of mini PCs. A comparison can be made between the two. It's not comparing apples to oranges.
>>
>>375907849
What is the most powerful machine for the least amount of money you can buy?

Like the absolute best bang for your buck machine. Is it the raspberry pi or is there a machine with even better performance/price ratio?

I don't ask this on /g/ because they will just spout some memes and throw their biases around.
>>
>>375910772
>The GPD win and Raspberry Pi both fall into the category of mini PCs.

Apples and oranges are both fruit. Comparing them is retarded because they're not remotely similar fruit and don't compete with each other. Your thread is retarded. You are retarded.
>>
>>375910724
Well there's not much around that's like it

Best you can do is get an 10 inch laptop or 2 in 1 which are almost double the size
>>
>>375907849
Are you some sort of confused shill or what? Those two things aren't comparable. They run different operating systems. What are these other tasks you speak of?
>>
>>375910815
Define performance. Do you mean raw computational performance, or performance as in ability to run games well?
>>
>>375911013
both.

independently from each other of course (2 answers).
>>
between a shitty palmtop and ARM based SJW emulator station i'd take a fucking desktop PC
>>
>>375907849
>GPDWin
Just buy a $50 windows tablet for fuck sake. t peddle shit chink useless crap here
>RPI
Good emulation but I if you're making an emu cabinet or something, go for cheap PCs because they are better. Get an old PC with good single core CPU performance with a 750ti and you're good unless you also want to emulate ps3/wiiU
>>
>>375911102
>SJW emulator station
The boogeyman knows no bounds. They're in muh videogames, muh Internet, and yes.... even in muh emulators
>>
>>375910893
They are similar enough to draw a comparison between the two, you autist. The "apples to oranges" idiom is just a saying. You can compare apples and oranges as fruit you know.

Are you saying it's impossible to compare say a PS4 to a 3DS because they aren't at least 90% similar to each other?
>>
>>375911072
If games, then it's a console, they are sold underpriced for their performance and the games are well optimized. But you can't do any computations on them. For computations it depends on a particular task, some tasks are better done on graphics cards, or even ASICs, like bitcoin mining, other work better on regular CPUs.
>>
option 3, be an adult and buy a real PC
>>
>>375910507
The RPi is actually pretty shit for most personal serving tasks. As long as everything runs in memory it's all good, for example it makes for a really mean Mumble/TS3 platform, but whenever you need storage it all falls apart. The four USB ports and the NIC are all served by a single lane of USB 2.0, so that 480 Mbit/s has to be shared between your USB drives and actually putting that data out to the network, and while the SD card does avoid that by running off its own bus, it's still just an SD card.
>>
>>375910608
no, I'm saying it's better than that
>>
Raspberry Pi if you just want to emulate old games and have no cash, or just get a laptop with HDMI out and plug in a 360 controller.

The GPD Win is cool and all, but the price isn't justified by it and I see reviews about it overheating all the time.
>>
>>375911339
>retards still think everyone doesn't already have a gaming pc
>>
>>375911339
I have one, now I want one that I can take on the go/easily move it around my home
>>
ITT: OP is a sheeple idiot that can't come to his own conclusions on the most blatantly obvious decisions
>>
>>375910561
But The Switch dont run Overwatch
>>
>>375911390
good
>>
>>375911387
May as well just shut down 4chan entirely. Don't want any "sheeple" anons engaging in discussion, listening to other people's opinions to help form or change their own opinions.
>>
>>375911243
>Are you saying it's impossible to compare say a PS4 to a 3DS because they aren't at least 90% similar to each other?

Comparing PS4 to 3DS would be extremely fucking stupid, yes. They have literally nothing in common than that they are some kind of devices that play games. Nobody fucking wants to buy "some kind of a device that plays games", they want to buy a specific kind of thing, with a specific price point, technology level, form factor, etc.
>>
for the cost of a gpd you may as well just get a real laptop
>>
>>375911390

Nobody who isn't a shitter wants to play Overwatch.

Then again, nobody who isn't a shitter wants a Switch either.
>>
>>375911540
you sound like a real hit at parties
>>
>>375911486
You can bloody compare a PS4 to a 3DS
PS4: Home console, has games like bloodborne, Persona 5, Uncharted

3DS: Handheld, dual screen, has games like Monster Hunter, Zelda, SMTIV

>literally nothing in common than playing games

That's all the similarities you need to make a comparison.

>People want to buy a specific thing

Exactly, and a comparison between two devices that share similar functions will help with one's purchasing decision on the device with the unique features that the consumer wants.
>>
The tiny dpad on the WIN makes it completely worthless.
>>
>>375911390
GPD can? It'd have to be like 20 FPS on low settings and low resolution
>>
GPD Win is a decent concept that arrived before the hardware to really support it.

Raspberry Pi is incredibly useful and makes for a decent tiny desktop, a great retro console, and an awesome home server.
>>
>>375907849
If you've the money, get the Win. Pi is meant to be a hobbyist tinkering gadget, the Win is just a laptop, but smaller and with game controls.
>>
raspberry pi is the gayest name. pick the other one
>>
>>375912159
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt-JvpdJBi0
>>
File: lol.jpg (375KB, 800x1897px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
375KB, 800x1897px
>>375907849
>>
How good is the GPD? What GPS do you think I would be able to get from the following games:
>Morrowind
>Oblivion
>Skyrim
>Dark Souls
?
>>
>>375910561
>less powerfull than a PI
>>
>>375913851
Fucking autocorrect. I meant FPS
>>
>>375907849
Get the open Pandora fool
>>
>>375914149
Dumbest suggestion in this thread.
>>
>>375913851
Just check on youtube, there's plenty of benchmark videos for all the games you mentioned.

>>375914149
That thing has been surpassed by the most basic GPD device years ago.

This thread is meaningless, just reaserch on your own OP
>>
>>375907849
RPi is pretty fun thing if you like messing with computers and know or want to learn Linux.
You should really check RetroPie for emulation. It's user friendly, supports lots of emulators and got a pretty decent UI.
I'm using RPi1 for old DOS games and Steam streaming and it definitely worth 35$.
>>
This thread is stupid.
>>
You can buy a Windows 10 tablet with better specs for around $300. Holy crap dude, the GPD Win is overpriced rubbish.
>>
the DS looking thing if you want ease of use
the *pi if you want to tinker, and possibly make your own handheld fuckery
>>
>>375916197
The win has far less products produced. Economy of scale works in the tablet's favor.
Besides a tablet is not as portable and lacks the tactile input unless you attach a controller to it making it even less portable. Can't slide that fuckhuge tablet in your pocket.
But considering OP has raspberry pi as an option I'd assume portability is not his first concern, so I would agree with you there in terms of price/performance.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.