[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gotyay/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (463KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
463KB, 1920x1200px
Best game of all time?
>>
not by a fucking long shot
>>
>>375907607
It's easily the best Far Cry game, and pretty underrated as a whole.

But calling it gotyay is retarded
>>
>>375907607
>malaria: the game
>>
>>375907607
Far Cry 3 was better.
>>
>>375907607
Far Cry 4 was better
>>
>>375907607
What's with all those Far Cry 2 threads lately?
>>
>>375907607
>bulletsponge enemies
>fucking malaria
>infinitely respawning enemies in outposts
>enemy patrol every minute
>weapons jam every two minutes
>everything looks murky and brown-ish

Definitely one of the most tedious games of all time.
>>
>>375907607
>Best game of all time?

No not really, but I do like it faaaar more than the other Farcry games. Shame no one tried to ripoff the better parts of the game ( ie the map )
>>
>>375908431
>survival

>>375908686
>>bulletsponge enemies
armour and challenge
>>fucking malaria
survival
>>infinitely respawning enemies in outposts
reinforcements, challenge, on-edge. are you telling me stuff like the original Ninja Gaiden aren't among the best games ever made because of (not despite) their spawning mechanisms?
>>enemy patrol every minute
elite forces, challenge.
>>weapons jam every two minutes
it's a total shit-show for weapons in that environment, survival.
>>everything looks murky and brown-ish
swamp safari.

>>375907680
>>375907739
>>375908458
>>375908551
>>375908657
>>375908831
why?
>>
I think Far Cry 2 is up there as one of the most tedious, boring games I've ever fucking played.

What the fuck were they thinking with the malaria management? And that shitty buddy system "hey man, I'll help make your mission only slightly easier but afterwards you have to come help me in a massive fire fight where I will most likely fucking die." I really can't think of anything fun about the game, Far Cry 3 was much better despite the annoying protagonist.
>>
>>375907607
Anyone know if this game is hard or not? I want to play an FPS from that gen that will take some investment to 1CC.
>>
>>375909918
>most tedious, boring games I've ever fucking played
You would have said this about 'Gaiden if you were gaming back in the 80s.

>What the fuck were they thinking with the malaria management?
Intense survival mechanics.

>And that shitty buddy system "hey man, I'll help make your mission only slightly easier but afterwards you have to come help me in a massive fire fight where I will most likely fucking die."
Clearly a combination of providing even more intense challenge and stress upon the player, along with psychological manipulation (just read peoples' stories on here of their futile attempts to find their buddies once lost).

>I really can't think of anything fun about the game, Far Cry 3 was much better despite the annoying protagonist.
Don't know what to say to this, 2 and 3 have completely different target audiences and goals, but thanks for representing 3s.
>>
>>375909503
What do you mean by survival? There is nothing remotely challenging about grinding a few missions to get malaria pills and pressing x not to die when the screen turns yellow, it's just busywork and due to the open world nature it's bound to happen in the middle of an intense firefight, resulting in a frustrating death. Same goes for weapon jamming, pressing a button to watch the same unjamming animation for the 32nd time is not challenging, nor is it a survival mechanic. Ninja Gaiden had great enemy, environment and combo variations, Far Cry 2 has you shooting the same niggers in the same savanna with various weapons, all of which are prone to jamming. The fire spreading mechanic was the only interesting aspect of combat. There is nothing on-edge about shooting niggers while you're driving through the same outpost for the seventh time, it's just busywork preventing you from reaching your destination.

It was an interesting concept, having the entire environment work against the player, but it was horribly executed.
>>
>>375907739
objectively this
>>
>>375907739
>>375910368
I think Far Cry is formally superior to Far Cry 2 since it's probably the most perfect (mostly) linear FPS that can be made. Far Cry 2 is better simply because it's a superior genre, open-world FPS, but it has the potential to be topped.
>>
I never had a problem with malaria, because I made sure to do the medicine missions when they came up.

I almost never had a problem with guns jamming, because I swapped out at the safehouse regularly.

I enjoyed gunning down respawning outposts.

The map was outstanding & the ambience spot-on.

The gunplay was decent for console shooters at the time & running out of ammo in the middle of a firefight, picking up a rusty gun & having it immediately jam was tense & fun.

Playing both sides against the middle, the meaningless political differences, power grabbing & outright corruption felt compelling.

Remind me why I'm supposed to dislike this game again?
Remind me why I traded it in?
>>
>>375908686
>bulletsponge
what? I remember them dying quickly even on Insane or whatever the highest difficulty was. Aiming for the head also helps
>>
>>375907607
>ubishit
haha. no
>>
>>375910325
>There is nothing on-edge about shooting niggers while you're driving through the same outpost for the seventh time, it's just busywork preventing you from reaching your destination.
Just sneak past them. Fuck cars.
>>
>>375907607
Nope, but the best fc game without doubt, even with its flaws.
For me, it got second best atmosphere in vidya after stalker though.
>>
>>375907607
A criminal narcissist who has been reading Nietzsche books for 10+ years said it so it must be true, right?
>>
>>375907607
if stealth wasn't garbage then definitely in the top 3
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.