[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i just started my first playthough on this game and after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 12

File: header.jpg?t=1478088013.jpg (52KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1478088013.jpg
52KB, 460x215px
so i just started my first playthough on this game and after around 10 hours of playtime, boy is this game tedious?
>traveling around the map to find a noble
>running from stronger enemies
>companions fighting each other
>missions take hours to finish
i just joined a faction and i cant even bother to ask some noble to fight with me
i have 61 troops with me and dont know how to progress now that my faction is in peace with almost everyone
share your tips here anons
>>
>>375907570
>share your tips here anons
100% swadian knights
>>
>>375907570
Git gud
Find the Lord that wants you to collect taxes
Do that then keep the taxes. Its good seed money
Do all the tourneys
>>
>>375907570
Every faction has a lord that wants to make war with someone.
Just find him and go battling.
>>
>>375907570
>boy is this game tedious?
Why do teenagers think trying to convey their stupid spoiled tone on the internet is ok?
>>
>>375907761
what about the relation with the lord himself?

>>375907826
does it affect honour? should i care about it?
>>
>>375908162
boy is this anon triggered?
>>
>>375907570
find a lord that is unhappy with the peace and destabilise the region by raiding villages for him
>>
>>375908272
Oh you can pay him anytime.
Once you get the cash the mission is complete.
If you never meet him again you never have to pay. Though once I get on my feet and a nice income I usually seek him out
>>
>share your tips here anons
Play multiplayer and enjoy fighting people who can actually fight back, instead of playing the shitty shallow open world singleplayer minigame.
>>
>>375907570
Download the diplomacy mod
>>
I've played hundreds of hours of this and still don't know how to get past the point where the king doesn't quite want to give you a fief yet but you need cash for all your guys
>realm not at war
>raid villages
>several 100+ armies immediately descend upon you
>>
>>375908514
*dickplomacy
>>
>>375907570
Have some horses in your inventory, they remove some of the speed penalty from trade goods and food. Does not work for carried weapons and armor.

A good trick for horses is to buy lame horses and have them heal to normal in your inventory.
>>
>>375907570
Do what the anons here said (except maybe keeping tax money for yourself, you get an okay amount even if you give the lord what he wants)
Do some trading; buy what's cheap in a region (from time to time you'll find villages selling stuff for dirt cheap) and sell it in a city where it's in demand.
When you feel like you've gotten to know the game, start modding it. Diplomacy or Dickplomacy (check /mbg/) are good vanilla+ experiences, check out Floris if you want even more changes (ignore the memes, it's good unless you're autistic and care about armors from different time periods being in the same mod). Other great mods are The Last Days, AD1257, Viking Conquest (costs money), Gekokujo/Gekonewer and Swediah Mayo
>>
>>375908681
The way I usually make money after the tax thing when I can afford troops.
Is to pick a nation to hate on and raid all their villages and sell the stuff. Rinse and repeat
>>
>>375909108
This guy here >>375908637
How do you prevent all hell coming down on you in the 24 hours or however long it takes to raid?
>>
>>375909108
dont you lose honour from raiding villages? also one of my companion keep complaining when i raid a village
>>
>>375909238
tell them to shut the heck up or their village is next
>>
>>375907570
Get blunt weapons or start finding and recruiting man-hunters or whatever the hell that faction in the snow is. Vagiers or something I think they have a bunch of blunt weapons as well.

Then start slaving. Slave like no tomorrow. You'll roll in the money. That's how I play anyway.
>>
The game is tedious. That's why it's made for patricians
>>
File: glory to butterlord.gif (3MB, 588x339px) Image search: [Google]
glory to butterlord.gif
3MB, 588x339px
>>375907570
Develop autism
>>
>>375909195
Scouts around sometimes you do get caught though
>>375909238
You do a little but you just do things to mitigate that like tourneys and stuff.

It can make good money so you won't have to do it too often. Sometimes you get the thirst though
>>
>>375907570
its a grind at the beginning until you can start taking castles on your own then you just need to go around conquering and take over castles then build up a large army you leave in your castle then leave your faction and become a king yourself.
then use your saved up army to start taking land. it may get expensive so find one faction to use and abuse, for me it always the north people, not the nordic group but the other to the north east.
use their villages for stealing resources to sell for money and then fund your war as you conquer everything.
when you marry a lady marry one who is in a family with a lot of lords so you know which lords you want in your own personal faction.
also pick lords you want to get money out of so you can take them prisoner constantly and abuse them for ransom money.

you are still in the early grind of the game were you need to build up honour, renown, leadership points so you can become a king with power
>>
The list of heroes you could either pick all or avoid all
>Bunduk
>Deshavi
>Klethi
>Jeremus
>Ymira
>Katrin
>Marnid
>Nizar

Use blunt weapons early on to make easy money off prisoners until you can find a better source of income, specifically by owning a town. Towns get you an income of a good 5000 sometimes 10,000 if you take care of the neighboring villages.
>>
>>375907570
If you are working under a king, NEVER let yourself be made marshall. Anything that goes wrong while you are the marshall reduces your standing with the king and makes you less likely to be given any lands.

Also, pick a faction that has units you like, I always go for the Norse myself.
Then, pick a village that should be fairly safe from invasions, and start doing quests in that village.
The higher your standing with a village the more and better units you can recruit from it.
>>
>>375909195
>Find realm that is at war with another faction other than your
>Go towards the closest village they have to this enemy kingdom's borders
>Raid what may remain from the other faction raiding
>NPCs will keep playing chicken with each other near the village you are sacking

This one only really works in some cases, mostly if you have a small army that is fast enough to hit the borders as soon as war breaks out with the other faction. My best advice would be to raid with at least a hundred troops.

>Go to isolated village with no major towns or lords around it
>Raid
>The local lord and his paltry army with more often than not balk at your 100 strong and avoid fighting back
>You can loot the same village immediately after it recovers, netting an easy 2-4k Denars, while also fucking with that area's troops.

Plus, if the villages are insular enough then you don't have to worry about them hating you.
>>
>>375909858
>Plus, if the villages are insular enough then you don't have to worry about them hating you.
Most of the time I don't care about village relations outside of the realm I work for anyway, cause I don't like mixing troops
>>
>>375907570
pick a mod instead of vanilla
>>
>>375909634
>NEVER let yourself be made marshall
Expect when you're about to become independent. Weaken your faction by assembling an army and then do nothing so the enemies take your factions lands.
>>
>>375907570
When you get reasonably good, but kinda tired of the game at like 50 hours, take a look at the mods.

Floris is a good general overhaul mod; I'd recommend you at least get the TweakMB tool; so you can crank up the quest rewards a little to reduce the tedium and other quality of life fixes.

If you don't have a complete toaster, you'll also want to find the Battle Sizer tool which is great, I play on size 300 myself and it's much better than the vanilla max (GPU is R9 280)
>>
>>375910084
I haven't played this game in ages, isn't it better to start your own realm in a castle that you took from your nation's enemies and bring all the guys who like you along?
>>
>>375909961
>Not having Rhodok Sargeants and Sharpshooters to man your
>Not having Swadian Knights to harass the enemy until they slam into your wall of Huscarls

It only gets bad if you mix three kinds of more.
>>
>>375909961
I personally like troop miscgenation.
>>
>>375910023
Vanilla isn't a mod moron
>>
What country is the easiest to "solo"?
I remember having a lot of fun with the Arabs and they couldn't really touch my army apart from the occasional mamluke.
>>
>>375910481
Horsefuckers are in general the best if you just want to stack one type of troop and not worry about tactics
Swadians are like more heavily armored Mamelukes
Khergits are horse archer assholes that no one can ever catch
>>
Who here /pendor/? Having a lot of money troubles after founding my own kingdom despite owning two cities and a castle, and hoping for a good way to become profitable without having to disband all my troops
>>
>>375910573
Who are the horsefuckers?
>>
>>375907570
>missions take hours to finish
Nigger are you walking around the map without ctrl+space?
>>
>>375910146
Does Floris and TweakMB disable achievements?
>>
>>375910678
Swadians, Sarranids, and Khergits
The rest of my post was about the different types of horsefuckers, not factions that are separate from horsefuckers, you silly willy
>>
>>375910769
I see, I see.
Also, not sure if I made it clear but I meant solo as in take on the country by yourself as a foreign invader, not playing as them.
>>
File: file.png (433KB, 952x451px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
433KB, 952x451px
>>375910754
Who knows / cares?

That said, I don't think they do; I have sometimes still gotten achievements, and I never play vanilla
>>
>>375910481
If you're besieging, use rhodok or vaegir archers against khergit forts. All khergit archers are mounted and don't do as well in a seige because they don't have the mobility so you can just hold your troops under the ladder and mow them down
>>
>>375910891
My bad
Horsefucker nations are still the best to recruit troops from though
>>
>>375910915
I find it fun to have some extra goals I can do and build my characters around.
>>
>>375907570
Test
>>
File: necromancy.webm (3MB, 890x500px) Image search: [Google]
necromancy.webm
3MB, 890x500px
>>
>>375911052
mod name?
>>
>>375910891
Vaegirs or Rhodok desu. Just make sure they're already at war with someone else before you join in.
>>
File: webm.webm (3MB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
webm.webm
3MB, 800x480px
>>
Should I get the game wih the DLCs? (Napoleon and the Vikings) or just the base game
>>
>>375910891
make sure you have a lot of right to rule or you're going to get shit on by every other nation at once
>>
fight forest bandits and tundra bandits
move on to sea raiders
move on to khergit raiders or whatever they're called, i forget
move on to attacking lords
Once you're ransoming lords and attacking whatever comes near you spend some money on opening shops in some popular and well fortified cities within an amicable or even friendly kingdom

sooner or later someone will invite you to join a kingdom rival to the objects of your hate

when you get your first parcel of land it will piss off some people, most of all the previous owner of the land
In between campaigns go around and do missions for those lords to get them back on your side and rid yourself of enemies, if you ever become marshall the more lords that like you the more turn up for your campaigns

At feasts, introduce yourself to absolutely everyone there and pick up inane missions if you feel like it

Don't bother assaulting castles or cities on your own unless the king really really really fucking likes you, and you need favour from a lot of lords also, the king will reflect with his subjects on who deserves the newly acquired land the most, and being the man who initiated the siege only goes a small way, most of the decision making comes down to popularity.

Once you have a city or castle to stash your troops in, a few profitable businesses and the king's love you're basically beyond reproach and can do literally whatever you like for the rest of the game, as long as your parent kingdom remains intact
>>
>>375911139
Watch out for rhodock crossbows. They will one shot
>>
>>375911126
http://www.moddb.com/mods/chronicles-of-might-and-magic
>>
>>375911230
napoleon is only multiplayer and vikings is more of the same exept more tedious because of ships.
>>
File: bonerlord gif.gif (365KB, 149x115px) Image search: [Google]
bonerlord gif.gif
365KB, 149x115px
WHEN
>>
>>375911320
fug, dead mod
>>
>>375911404
TURKEY PLS GIB
>>
File: satan.jpg (27KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
satan.jpg
27KB, 700x394px
>>375911404
Delayed for censorship.
>>
>>375907570
in short
start trading shit all around the map
beat the shit outta random bandits for easy exp
i you feel like ready for bigger conflicts get a mercenary contract for faction you like, as a merc you get a nice flow of cash, don't swear loyalty till you have enough exp or money, being merc is far more stable early-mid game
>>
File: 1486992384864.jpg (85KB, 483x368px) Image search: [Google]
1486992384864.jpg
85KB, 483x368px
>>
>>375911293
>opening shops in some popular and well fortified cities
Isn't that like the least efficient way to invest money? I thought it was all about building mills and shit in villages
>>
>>375908637
>I've played hundreds of hours of this and still don't know how to get past the point where the king doesn't quite want to give you a fief yet but you need cash for all your guys

This is a joke right?
>>
>>375907570
i usually just do tournaments until my groups big enough to fight battles
>>
File: 1427565905698.jpg (307KB, 984x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1427565905698.jpg
307KB, 984x1380px
>>
>>375911404
never until their current sultan gives the ok
>>
>>375911718
I should have said, I don't know how to reliably get past that point
>too big to catch any bandits
>too small to take on lords
>raiding gets you fucked by the enemy lords
Once you've done enough to get a fief the snowballing starts, but just before that is just the hell of doing stupid missions for stupid lords all day
>>
>>375911798
For me the issue is with expanding that one fief. Like after I get to that point nothing ever really expands for me.
>>
>>375911856
Build shit in the village for infinite dosh
Recruit a shitload of mans
Help your marshal conquer shit
>>
>>375911797
So not until all western dogs have their soldiers HP and damage reduced by 10%.
>>
>>375911798
sea riders are slow as fuck farm them for juicy exp and drops
if you can't take your average 100 troops-lord with say 60 on your own git gud
>>
>>375911915
>starting village is in a shit location and always gets raided unless I spend all my time there, building something takes like 5 in game hours
>I conquer shit that the king gifts to someone else

I mean, I don't really mind too much since I've never been that into managing cities and what have you, but I don't think I've ever gotten past owning more than a fief and a castle.
>>
File: evolution.jpg (18KB, 231x254px) Image search: [Google]
evolution.jpg
18KB, 231x254px
>He doesn't play with full damage taken
>>
>>375907668
This. 60 swadian knights can take on any army unless they also have 60 swadian knights
>>
>>375912069
And then you win with 10 knights left and it takes 4 hours to train a new batch of troops
>>
File: aaaaa.png (589KB, 487x570px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaa.png
589KB, 487x570px
>playing female because why not, never done it before
>look through lords
>only lord that has some power that isn't married it this ugly fuck

Fucking Bulba man.
>>
>>375911701
People will go out of their way to raid your village because you're an upstart lord, acquiring new villages is tricky because of the aforementioned rules relating to how new land is assigned to existing lords. Cities are tough to take and you can take an active role in defending the ones where you have businesses, the added bonus of defending cities is that the good lords of that kingdom will like you more for doing it, especially if they fight alongside you in the battle.

Having several good shops is actually one of the best ways of having a consistent, protected income.
>>
>>375912179
I guess I'll try that next time
What's the most profitable option to invest into in cities?
>>
>>375912409
Depends on the city, just ask the guildmaster every option and remember the highest weekly profit figure he gives you, then go with that. Its a good idea to periodically check in and see if something else might be better to swap to.
>>
>>375912157
>Tfw the only ladies that look good have asshole fathers who hate me
>>
>>375912409
>next time
Also, even the most expensive shops only have a startup cost of around 10 grand if I remember correctly.

You can win a single tournament and dump most of your winnings into some shops, if you're struggling with becoming a landowner it is a simple enough task to recover and become prosperous, your soldiers may leave if you don't pay em but you only lose your stores if the kingdom/city they're in ends up hating you, or if the city changes hands to a kingdom that hates you.

The first few times I make good money, I almost always get some shops before I start spending money on gear, the guaranteed income is fantastic for early game traction.
>>
man, imagine how easy is vanilla is PoP gets easy after some time
>>
Does Warband have a simulated economy?
As in, does the economy of villages go up every time a peasant squad moves to the nearby city without being butchered by bandits? Do caravans making their way to the city change prices and availability of stocks?
>>
>>375912973
nope
>>
>>375912973
Yes, actually. The more caravans and peasant parties survive, the more available goods there will be and prosperity will be up. Compare Dhirim (which is always either passed around, plagued with bandits or raided constantly) to a remote city like Veluca and you'll see that Veluca is much richer because it's safer.
>>
>>375912973
Yes

>When trade flows, goods will be available and affordable, the population of a center will be healthy and energetic, and migrants will flock from the nearby regions. The center will produce more, consume more, and be able to contribute more in taxes to their lords. When trade dries up, towns and villages will see their workers flee to seek work elsewhere, and economic activity will drift to a stand-still. Thus, it is in the interests of rulers to protect trade routes from the hazards of war and banditry.

http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Economy
>>
>>375911798
Highly recommended to have pathfinding on yourself and on your companion. Also from what I heard your inventory weight affects map speed and it helps to have horses in inventory so they lessen the weight penalty.
>>
>some lord ask me to get a noble prisnoner from other faction
>spent my time looking for small sized lord's army
>60 vs 90
>feel happy because i win and managed to get a lord as my prisnoer
>my faction is now in peace with the other faction

fuck this game man
>>
File: Harlaus's_Secret_Stash.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Harlaus's_Secret_Stash.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>375912973
you can fuck up a kingdom's economy through killing caravans and looting villages

the villages and towns are affected by hostile actions
>>
>>375913561
ewwwww, a horse archer
>>
now ive been invited to a feast, but when i get there there is no one but me
what a joke
>>
>>375910723
I hope to god thats the case
>>
>when a feast invitation lifts a siege
>when you are invited to a feast in a sieged castle
>when you get kidnapped on your way to a feast
>when a lord attacks you once the feast is over due to bad blood
>>
>>375910723
>>375913838
>find lord X
>lord X last seen *the other side of the map*
>get there
>lord X last seen *the other other side of the map*
>get there
>lord X last seen *the other other other side of the map*
>get there
>find out lord X has been imprisoned
>quest failed
>>
First install the Native mod because that shit be great

Get a decent amount of experience and soldiers, and a decent amount of cash, then pick some region to fuck in the face, preferably one at war.

You want them to be at war so all the lords are away while you raid their shit.

Use the money from selling loot to go to the Khergits and buy a shit load of spice.

Bring said spice back west and make insane profit.

I like taking a route that lets me pillage all the Sarranid's lands before swinging up and stuffing my inventory with spice before going to the Nords to clean their merchants out.
>>
>>375913969
Okay I take it back I hate when that gay shit happens (but it still shouldent take several irl hours)
>>
>>375913969
Stop at castles between here and there and ask people's wives, the wives know where everyone is but those bitches are pretty much always marooned in some shitty keep so its easy as fuck to swing by and get some info.

>quest starts
>spotted in X
>move to castle womanhold
>spotted in y
>I wonder if he's headed to z

Not perfect but better than nothing
>>
Is it better to conquer the whole map as a nation and then secede and beat your old nation, or just take over a castle and work your way from there?
>>
>>375914138
>Native mod
Native expansion?
>>
>steal cattles for a quest
>herd them around
>a fucking pain in the ass
>the cattles suddenly dissapeared
>>
Use peacetime to build economy.
Travel to all tournaments and win. Will also help you get good at combat.
Use your money to buy dyeworks in pretty much every city. Prioritize your faction's cities as you wont have access to a city if your at war with their factions.

Build relationships with the nobles. Prioritize your king above all.

Pursue marriage. Pick based on the standing of her father and/or brothers.

When wartime comes, capture a fort and ask your king (with whom you should have good relations) to award it to you as a fief.
>>
>>375912409
Dyeworks mostly. A few cities benefit more from ironworks but you'll be fine building only dyeworks.
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.