[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the risks of buying second-hand PS4 games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

What are the risks of buying second-hand PS4 games?
>>
Nothing at all. It's not as if they would have played them anyway...
>>
>>375906337
The previous owner came inside it.
>>
>>375906337
There's no risk except the disk itself being scratched, and ps4 disks are endurant as fuck.
>>
Asking this as I'm new to consoles
>>
Roaches
>>
there might be roaches in the cases
>>
Other than scratches, none.
On the other hand, all Nintendo switch cartridges have been licked at least once.
>>
Sallamalikhum and thank you for having me in the thread. And now my question:

Do discs of the PS4 easily do the scratch?

And thank you
>>
the risk is you might get a ps4 game
>>
>>375906337
>disc scratched
>box/cover damaged
>additional codes for extra content used
>sometimes online passess used

>>375906862
>Do discs of the PS4 easily do the scratch?
No, I've been playing EDF4.1 everyday since it was released, switching with different games. I've been switching the discs several times each day and no scratches so far.
>>
>>375909205
>additional codes for extra content used
>sometimes online passess used
umm, getting goty editions of LoU and Bloodborne. Any chance that these games have codes for something?
>>
Bugs. Lots and lots of bugs.

Never buy used goods.
>>
>>375906337
the risk of the owner forgetting to deactivate it. online purchases will be tied to the account that activated the PS4
>>
>>375909451
Nah, I think only one or two games used that anyway and this was dropped 2 or 3 years ago.

As for extra content it depends, but usually it's just some cosmetic stuff so I wouldn't worry that much.
>>
>>375909605
It was dropped when PS4 released and required plus for online play. Passes were only used on a few PS3 and vita games.
>>
>>375906337
Your dick losing a little girth
>>
Blu Ray discs are incredibly durable. Out of all my PS3 and ps4 games (including a shitload of pre-owned stuff I bought for super cheap) and they all work fine even discs from 2006 that had at least 3 owners.

Meanwhile Ps2 and Ps1 disks just stop working if they get scrated and a lot of preowned games I had for those systems just didn't work. Took me years to ever trust buying PS3 games pre-owned, but I took the plunge and never had a single issue.
>>
>>375906337
When a brand new PS4 BD-ROM is inserted into a PS4 for the first time, a key unique to the console is physically etched onto the disc marking it as used

Playing a used game with a key from different PS4 on your console would alert Sony's servers
At least that was Sony's original plan before they backpedaled after the Xbone game sharing backlash

The system is still in place though, and Sony can activate it any time should they desire it
>>
>>375906337
If you buy without a reference picture, you might get a non-standard case. I bought a bunch of games on Amazon when I got my PS4, and Dark Souls ended coming in this really ugly, red case with a generic font on the side. Think that DS Konami's Best image. And Jak and Daxter inexplicably shipped in a gold box with PLAYSTATION FAVORITOS and the box blurbs in Spanish. Game is fine and in English, but the package is apparently Mexican greatest hits or something. If you're an autistic collector-fag like myself, this might bother you.
>>
>>375910613
You forgot to mention rotational velocidensity.
>>
>>375906337
If you buy a goty edition you have to check if the dlc is on disc or a code, as codes are usually used already.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.