[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kickstarter has never launched a good ga-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-06-HD.png (367KB, 763x430px) Image search: [Google]
Shantae-Half-Genie-Hero-06-HD.png
367KB, 763x430px
Kickstarter has never launched a good ga-
>>
>>375904025
>pic unrelated
>>
>>375904025
It was pretty good. Too short. So they released a hard mode which is artificial length. But it's a metroidvadian so most of the length is meant to come from speedrunning... Cept I'm not austitic enough to want to do that.
>>
Is it just me, or anyone else think Shantaes hard mode is bullshit?
>>
Maybe in 9 years when the game is finished.
>>
>>375904025
But this game was terrible. All other Shantae games are great I finished most of them in one sitting but this one I couldn't play 1 hour without getting bored.
>>
>>375904078
but the pic cut off him off from finishing his sentence...
>>
File: 1483348519941.png (154KB, 572x572px) Image search: [Google]
1483348519941.png
154KB, 572x572px
>>375904025

maybe once they release Risky mode.

>Risky mode will be based off of Shantae's Pirate's Curse gameplay
>The Pirate gameplay was so much better than shantae's Genie magic gameplay has ever been
>Wayforward will never just make games for Risky with said pirate gameplay

mad
>>
>>375904025
>one year later
>only "DLC" is hardmode

I don't even have anything to add to this
>>
File: Risky Unamused.png (3MB, 2796x6734px) Image search: [Google]
Risky Unamused.png
3MB, 2796x6734px
>>375906501
We can only hope.
>>
>>375906501
Can't wait till 2019 so we can play it.
>>
>>375906160
complete bullshit, it drained all the fun out of the game for me, the fucking crabs kill you in one hit for crying out loud
>>
problem with shantae is the devs were too busy masturbating to make a good game

just play shovel knight if you want kickstarter platforming
>>
They have. It was called Shovel Knight. Shantae has always been subpar.
>make horizontal platforming segments
>don't playtest and give the player the bat power up before them
Like come the fuck on that's abysmal.
>>
Personally I prefer Shovel Knight to Shantae, but oddly I think Shantae's gameplay over the years has actually felt more retro to play, even for HGH.

Her constant yet somewhat aimless hunt for items and dungeons reminds me a lot of games like Faxanadu, Clash at Demonhead, and Simon's Quest. I do get some satisfaction from that gameplay style, even though some other people don't.

I'm not even sure I really get Megaman vibes from Shovel Knight anymore. It's grown so much into its own thing now, and I think that's cool.
>>
>>375909579
The bat is slow and defenseless and can only move completely horizontally. If there's a useful place to use the bat, congratulations for finding it.
>>
I wasn't disappointed. I gave them, what, $15? I love the Shantae series so that's more than reasonable. If it was $60 or something I'd be a little upset, but for a $15 PS Vita platformer it did great.
>>
>>375911743
Nigger I platinumed the game the areas in the second half of the desert after the tower climb and the horror themed place I can't remember the name to can be skipped completely with it. It's even worse in the horror place because there isn't anything optional to grab in that segment so it's a straight shot to the end. Wayforwards designers are just bad. Should I even bring up the spider transformation that's used in 3 areas at the most?
>>
>>375904025
>Kickstarter has never launched a good ga-
>Kickstarter has never launched a good game
You forgot to finish one word
FTFY
>>
Oh man, I loved that game

Some of the most fun I've had in ages. It's just such a good time.

The music is pretty great too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovk4ygEzMCI

>>375911886
It kind of felt like the spider dance was like a kickstarter backer reward that wasn't properly part of the game until way late into development
>>
>>375909201
>>375909579
>>375911239
Incoming really stupid question, you've been warned:

So, I've played Shovel Knight a long time ago and uninstalled it (for unknown reasons). I've heard that there's now two new campaigns for Plague Knight and Specter Knight.
I know there's other campaigns coming out too for the rest of the Knights, but is it worth reinstalling right now and playing through the two new campaigns?
>>
>>375912015
>Some of the most fun I've had in ages. It's just such a good time.
I say this about pretty much every Shantae and Senran Kagura game I get to play. They're such nice positive gaming experiences and always leave me feeling happy.

And yet for some reason I keep coming back to Monster Hunter and end up feeling nothing but rage and upset at the end of the day.
>>
>>375912107
The DLC is fantastic. It's literally like playing two sequels that share some assets.
They play so differently from base Shovel Knight. Specter Knight's levels are completely new too, they even have new music.

They're only working on one more new campaign for King Knight and then they're done.
>>
>>375912487
>They're only working on one more new campaign for King Knight and then they're done.

Ah, you're right. I haven't checked the Kickstarter goals in ages, so I thought the last goal was a campaign mode for all the Knights.
Alright, I'll play through the campaigns later today. Thanks.
>>
>>375912608
>I'll play through the campaigns later today.
What, both of them? You better have the whole day free.
>>
>>375912779
Well, most of the day free, but I guess I exaggerated there. Hopefully most of the first campaign.
>>
>>375912835
They're fairly lengthy, and that's assuming you don't die a ton. They're not brutally difficult but not a cake walk either, especially Plague Knight
>>
>>375913060
I found Plague easier of the two, honestly. Those projectiles break down bosses pretty easily.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.