[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys excited for Prey™ (2017)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 25

File: 238442132.png (48KB, 772x473px) Image search: [Google]
238442132.png
48KB, 772x473px
You guys excited for Prey™ (2017)?
>>
bethesda is absolute cancer
>>
it says right fucking there if they didn't challenge it they could have lost their trademark.
>>
>>375900337
Pete?
>>
how the fuck can you trademark a single common word?

can I make a quick indie game called "The" and then trademark it and then sue thousands for copyright infringements??
>>
>>375900161
This

The Prey demo was fun though, it'll be a nice bargain bin game in the future
>>
>>375900337
That's not how trademarks work. It's complete bullshit.
>>
>>375900376
Didn't Candy Crush Saga try to do this with the word Saga?
>>
>>375900376
would you like to have 35 different games with the exact same name "Prey"?

That's why, you fucking retard.
>>
File: 1373399517324.jpg (15KB, 390x382px) Image search: [Google]
1373399517324.jpg
15KB, 390x382px
>>375900161
The story of the original Prey's devs tells is enough to tell me that some crazy nerd shooting up Bethesda's office is justified
>>
>>375900453
Yeah.

Despite being a burger, I fucking cannot stand how much sway companies get in this day and age. They overstep far too much and aggressively "protect" things that aren't theirs. It's trash.
>>
Look, bethesda, like virtually every large corporation, is a bunch of assholes. But in this case, its pretty obvious this is a trademark law issue, rather than malevolence of the company itself.

>>375900376
You don't trademark a word, you trademark a name of a product. It's actually mainly done in what is assumed to be the interest of the customer, so that people can't be fooled into accidentally buying the wrong product due to similarity of names.
If two products have too similar names and there is what the court figures to be a risk of confusion one of them has to change their label. Since that usually comes with a bunch of financial problems and marketing losses, every company is going to attempt and protect their name.
>>
>>375900053
>That's how trademark law works

No it isn't, you stupid fucks. You only lose your trademark if your unique thing becomes the common phrase. Like Kleenex. Another game having Prey in the name isn't going to cause you to lose your trademark for the Prey franchise. It isn't going to confuse anyone, thinking that Prey for the Gods is a game in the Prey franchise. What you were worried about was lost sales for a stupidly paranoid reason, so you abused US copyright and trademark laws AGAIN to bully a company.

>>375900337
Except it doesn't work like that. You have to have precedent for getting it taken away. The trademark office isn't just going to look at two similar named games and go 'welp, no trademark for you'. If no one brings it up, then the trademark holds. The reason that things like Q-tip and Kleenex lost their trademark is because they became confused with what they actually were and it went to court. No one is going to get confused the Prey and Prey to the Gods are the same thing, not when there is more then enough information to show that they aren't.
>>
>>375900053
there is nothing wrong with this
>>
>>375900053
Remember that time they were gunning for Notch and Penny Arcade's vaporware game "Scrolls"? Nothing new.

Law is a farce. Just throw money at these petty legal disputes until they solve themselves through bullshit.
>>
>>375900337
Only saying that to cover their asses, they wouldn't have lost it over a name like that. They're just sociopaths.
>>
>>375900556
Prey for the Gods shill, fuck off. Don't listen to him.
>>
File: 1383867625531.jpg (20KB, 403x395px) Image search: [Google]
1383867625531.jpg
20KB, 403x395px
>>375900161
>trademark fucking prey
>fucks up fallout series
>fucks up elder scrolls
>fucks up doom (no mods)
>fucks up quake (shitty fucking champions)
>people STILL support this shit company

fucking cancerous company
>>
File: 1432036738634.jpg (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1432036738634.jpg
50KB, 408x439px
>>375900525
>Bethesda was so impressed with Human Head's Prey 2 that they tried to completely crush them just so they could be bought.
>>
>>375900556
I wonder if you'll realize that the logic you used to state your case is the exact reason why you're wrong.

I'm gonna sit in this thread for a bit and see you argue more.
>>
Bitmap Brothers should've sued too

Fucking piece of shit indie devs thinking they can ride their wave
>>
>>375900053
This is literally what they did with that scrolls game isn't it?
>>
>>375900053
Yeah. Demo was fun, worried about performance issues though.
>>
>>375900525
Yeah, except, and this might completely surprise you, but it's also entirely possible - in fact very likely - that Human Head are lying through their teeth. Would not be the first time that happened.

Big corporations are assholes, but that does not mean that developers can't be complete fucking twats as well.
>>
>>375900827
Alright I'll bite the bait, what possible reason would there be for a dev that had a working demo of their game to completely shit the bed during the development so hard that Bethesda went from completely impressed to no longer supporting the project?
>>
>>375900827
spotted you, hines
>>
>>375900827
Are we really going to take Bethesda's, "Throne of Lies," word over some one else here?
>>
>>375900949
>what possible reason
Total and utter incompetence of that developer? You never heard of cases where developers shat the bed just because they did not know what they are doing?
I should remind you that we are talking about a studio that never made a good game, however did make two with some of the biggest hypes in industry history which were proven to be absolute piles of steaming dogshit. After Prey 2 did not work out for Arcane, their further work consists of secondary work on Brink and level design and combat ballancing for fucking Bioshock Infinite. This is a studio that has made millions of people think their previous games - Rune and Prey - to be the best things ever in their demos, only to reveal that the actual game is nearly unplayably bad.

They are MASTERS of big promises, showcasing technology, and utter inability to actually design a good fucking game.

Their story does not make sense either. They claim that they have been slowly "bled" by Bethesda. However, we know they have been given TWO separate increases in budged and dead-line postpones in a row, and one clean start. Why the FUCK would bethesda waste more money on a studio that A) never has made a good game before and B) they want to take over.

I don't doubt that Bethesda is capable of doing pretty nasty things. But Human Heads were a bunch of completely dishnonest and utterly incompetend cunts. There is absolutely no reason to assume that anything they proclaimed was true. And this is further undelined by the fact that the ONLY actual gameplay materials we have seen: the ONE staged, scripted gameplay footage they showed off after FIVE YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT, looked like SHIT.

So yeah. Bethesda pulled the plugs because Human Head could not make the game work. That is the FAR more likely explanation of what happened.
>>
>>375900827
>this fucking guy again
Anon why are you in every Prey thread saying the same shit?
>>
>>375901218
Yep. Definitely over Human Head. A company whose entire carrier was based EXCLUSIVELY on lying to their customers. Making completely misleading demos was their speciality.
>>
>>375900053
HOLY SHIT

IM GONNE TRADEMARK "of" AND GET MILLIONS
>>
File: gun.png (323KB, 429x445px) Image search: [Google]
gun.png
323KB, 429x445px
>>375901225
Maybe your idea could have worked if it weren't for the fact that you're talking about the idea of the makers of Elder Scrolls and modern Fallout having some kind of bullshit quality standard for these devs
Plus "level design and combat balancing for fucking Bioshock Infinite", yeah the game is fucking mediocre but considering how much praise it got seems like it wasn't awful enough for a publisher to decide to pull funding
>>
Creative exercise: Make up a video game title containing both "Prey" and "Scrolls", and say what genre it would be.
>>
>>375900554
There are people that specifically trademark common words in attempt to jew as much money as possible. Rupert Murdoch did this with the word Sky and continues to this day to harass anyone who uses the name Sky.

When you get big, the costs of seeking legal action become nothing which is a fundamental concept in the power of the wealthy.
>>
I'm confused. Is Prey cancelled?
>>
>>375901482
First of all, the don't confuse Bethesda Development and Bethesda/Zenimax the publisher. Second of all, they made game I might personally hate with passion, but those games were exactly and precisely what the market wanted. Third: they also published Dishonored, Doom and Wolfenstein New Order, decent if not good games. And they took a lot of risks, Dishonored in particular was an interesting, but very risky project and Arcane seemed to be very happy with the treatment they got.

So yeah. They are a big corporaration, not philantropists. These companies are kinda assholes by default. But NOTHING that Human Head ever done or said makes sense or suggests that they are really the victims here. Human Heads story does not add up. It actually does not make any sense what so ever. And Human Head are NOTORIOUS liers on top of being a completely incompetent developer.

Why the fuck would I belive a story about evil corporation being cartoonishly evil and literally burning their own money by millions just to do something purely cartoonishly evil coming from guys who are habitual liers? The fuck? The story that Human Head presents makes no sense even if we know that Bethesda is a bunch of greedy fucks. In fact - precisely because we know that Beth is greedy as fuck is why we know their story, which implies Bethesda losing millions of dollars just to engage in completely pointless vendeta against HH, actually makes zero sense.
>>
>>375901738
I'm confused too. Did they rename Prey to Prey to the Gods only to then cancel it??
>>
>>375901738
Prey is still getting released, Bethesda harassed a game dev into dropping their game name of "Prey for the Gods"
>>
>>375901738
No. The "Prey for the Gods" kickstarter game has to change name.
>>
>>375901812
now how did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>375901812
I think so anon.
>>
>>375900453
I mean I can kind of get this considering every single hackjob clone game on the store that uses kind of similar sounding titles to get people to download their games
>>
>>375901738
>>375901812
>>375901896
English sure is hard
>>
>>375901738
it comes out tomorrow.

some indie shit no one has ever heard of was also trying to put out a game called Prey but Bethesda put the kibosh on and said no eats for free.

/v/'s just mad because BETHESDA BIG PICK ON INDIE SMALL
>>
>>375900523
We already have had a Prey and would have had a Prey 2, Bethesda is choosing a weird point to call the "Diluting Trademark" game.
>>
>>375901957
Absolutely doesn't apply in this instance. Candy Crush Saga was used as a weapon against Banner Saga, which has zero relation to anything.
>>
>>375902049
Fuck off Todd
>>
The people who defend this bewilder me. It really opens your eyes as to why the US is so shit if all the wage slaves defend giant companies this hard.

Prey and Prey for the Gods are two totally different fucking names. How was this even allowed to happen.
>>
>>375900161
Yeah, they have the money to be that way though. They are corporate as fuck, probably have nice team of lawyers sitting around looking for people to fuck with. Company I work for is the same way.
>>
>Go after Notch because of the word "Scrolls"
>Go after Cheat Engine because of the logo
>Now this
What the fuck, Bethesda?
>>
>>375902095
Actually it's called "Making a paper return on investment". Basically, they have done it in order to shut up shareholders who are asking "why the fuck did we spend several million dollars on an IP and never saw a dollar in return?"
It does not make sense to us, but it's pretty much an unavoidable consequence of the inherently kinda fucked up model of share-holded company. It's literally just to justify the IP purchase (and in consequence, allow for future IP aquisition) to people who don't know anything about the industry, but still have a financial sway about the company.
>>
>>375902212
money
>>
>>375900053
top kek, they are pulling sky media levels of bullshit. fuck them.
>>
>>375902212
The courts would never actually side with Bethesda on this, and they know it. They also know that indie devs can't afford the legal fees. It's cheaper to fold and let the big company walk over you.
>>
>>375902049
They got some pretty decent hype for being a SotC clone, and now they're going to have to hope they don't lose a following with the name

>Bethesda isn't being a bunch of nitpicky faggots
>>
>>375902246
(((Bethesda)))
>>
now watch no one buy prey and they blame denuvo
>>
>>375902246

Man fuck them, Cheat engine community is all broken up now, all the tables are hosted on some dodgy site.

Cheathappens now made a clone program called Cosmos that can use cheat engine tables.
>>
>>375900554
Bullshit, otherwise King would have gotten away with trademarking the word Saga. Don't defend this absolute bullshit
>>
this reminds me of something I remember hearing quite a few years ago
that some well known chocolate making company tried to trademark the fucking colour purple or something
>>
>>375901798
>Why the fuck would I belive a story about evil corporation being cartoonishly evil and literally burning their own money by millions just to do something purely cartoonishly evil coming from guys who are habitual liers?
Because this happened in the same time frame Bethesda/Zenimax was buying up developers.
>>
>>375902275
How does wasting money on lawyers, to harass a tiny crowd funded studio, over a game that isn't even going to release in the same year, let alone season as one of your own games that has a massively different name - making a return on investment?

PFTG isn't even remotely like Prey: The generic-ing, so it makes no sense to waste money attacking them.
It just reeks of Bethesda's legal team being bored and absolute dog cunts.
>>
>>375902401
Milka, I think they own one CMYK mix of the color purple.
>>
>>375902326
Whilst it is a SOTC clone in concept and theme, it will supposedly have a bit more flesh to the gameplay and story, which is something I feel SOTC would have benefitted from.

It's the evolution of the genre.
>>
>>375902380
Fuck cheathappens though, they're cunts.

MrAntiFun is great though.
>>
>>375902380
>all the tables are hosted on some dodgy site.

its a simple forum anon. cheat engine tables are simple text files that anyone can examine, it's not like you're downloading game.ct.vbs.dll.lostboy.exe. but it is really retarded the original forums were splintered because the guy was duped into thinking he was going get arrested and go to pound me in the ass prison instead of just changing the logo to literally anything else.
>>
>>375902246
Wait, what happened with Cheat Engine?
>>
I enjoyed 2006 Prey more than anything Bethesda has developed the past 6 years. Skyrim was alright.
>>
>>375902687

maybe he had other "things" on his PC thats why he was so nervous about it. He really gave himself away he should listened to the people on the forum that hosting "scripts" is not fucking illegal in any manner.

Maybe he had CP and Bestiality shit on his PC, we should call the FBI on him.
>>
>>375902486
You see, the thing your forgetting is that the Law is not written to benefit anyone but Lawyers.
>>
>>375900053
Wow, bethesda is cancer
>>
>>375900337
>the Bethesda lawyer says right fucking there if they didn't challenge it they could have lost their trademark.
ftfy
Do you trust lawyers, anon? Especially corporate lawyers?
>>
cheat engine was fucked up because the ESA came after the guy because people were using it in cash shop games and devs were too lazy to implement basic detection or use vac
>>
>>375902469
>Because this happened in the same time frame Bethesda/Zenimax was buying up developers.
Except the rest of the studios Zenimax bought at the time were on the brink of bankcrupcy and voluteered the aquisition? Because what Human Head claims is that the whole project was a fucking ploy to bleed them out (hillarious, because the studio was fucking pennyless before Bethesda hired them to resume work on Prey 2) and forcefully aquire them. Except that makes negative sense.

ID and Arkane were literally ready to file for bankrupcy when Bethesda bought them. And they were bought BEFORE they were given greenlights for their major projects (Dishonored and that awful Fallout-Meets-Borderlands game ID shat out before they got their shit together and made New Order).

While Bethesda was aquiring developers, nothing suggests nothing suggests that they would do what Human Heads claim they have done. Neither does it actually make sense.

And again, go through the story carefully. Human Head, habitual liers that have repeatedly claimed that they are making the most amazing games in the universe (only to eventually prove that the games are unplayably bad) are now saying that the title they had been working on for nearly six years without having anything to show for it was not released and not become the best game ever SOLELY because Bethesda wanted their AMAZING FUCKING TALENTS SO MUCH that they were willing to set up a five-years-long and million-dollars expensive con.

Just listen to the story. It's fucking pathetic. After completely failing to deliver on a deal they made with Bethesda, surely Bethesda wanted the studio so badly they would set up a several years long cons there. Amazing logic.

"Hey, these developers we had invested millions of dollars into promised the game to be done by 2011, and now it's 2012 and they had STILL NOT PRODUCED a playable prototype yet... we NEED THEM. THEY ARE SO AMAZING, WE NEED TO AQUIRE THEM, NO MATTER WHAT IT COSTS!"
Yep.
>>
>>375902872
Law is written to benefit people with the money to hire lobbyists.
>>
>>375902716
They had a similar logo to some Bethesda.
>>
>>375902872
But why would Bethesda waste that money when the only people with anything to fain was their lawyers and their opponent's lawyers.
>>
>>375902971
>ID and Arkane were literally ready to file for bankrupcy when Bethesda bought them
[citation needed]
>>
So whats prey for the gods new title?
>>
>>375903829
Shadow of the Colossus 2
>>
>>375901424
The problem is that shit like this only works if you have more money to throw at the courts than the opposition. That's literally how trademark rights work. You don't have to win, you don't have to be right, you just have to tie up the other guy in court until he can no longer afford his legal fees and is forced to settle. That's why the guy who trademarked "edge" is a laughing stock while Bethesda does exactly the same thing but they're successful every time they do it.

The legal system is utterly broken.
>>
>>375900447
Yes. It is. If you don't make an effort to uphold your trademark, you can lose it in US law.
Why do people on this board like talking out of their ass?
>>
>>375903612

It's well known that id was supposed to be acquired by Activision but the deal fell through for some reason and that put id in a really bad spot. This is not exactly information you have to scour the internet to discover, it was common knowledge.
>>
>>375903612
Arcane had two mildly succesful and three failed projects by the time Beth approached them. The last financial injection they got was Dark Messiah, which despite its cult following was deemed fairly unsuccesful by sheer sale numbers. That was in 2006, mind you. The Templar project and the Episode 3 they worked on with Valve, both being in development for at least a year and a half each, were ultimately canceled, and since neither had an official publisher, that means all of the money for the development was paid for from Arkane's reserve.

That means the company was running on reserves since 2006 with small break and purely assistant role on Bioshock 2, having two failed and one in-mid-of-production projects. If you know anything about how financing in game development works, you'd realize what that ment: the studio was bleeding badly. They had been already doing pre-production on Dishonored since 2008, but they failed to secure a budget for it - until 2010, when Bethesda agreed to buy them out and in return fully fund Dishonored.

As for ID, they had not released a game since 2005, and their last batch of games were largely failures (Quake IV and Quake Mobile), and the studio actually announced they are going to re-focus on developing DS ports around 2007, at which time they were owned by Activision, who simply refused to continue funding them since the clusterfuck of Doom3 and Quake 4 in 2005/2006.
>>
>>375904584
You can't do that if your trademark is just a generic word. If it was something that only refers to one thing, like "Doritos" or whatever, it works that way. But if you trademark "wind" it doesn't mean that everything with "wind" in it suddenly threatens your trademark.
>>
IP law is the biggest cancer in the west, and it's why fucking China of all places has completely demolished them in terms of hardware now that Moore's law is dead.
>>
>Bethesda lawyers are in this thread
>>
>>375900453
>>375900376
Bethesda also has a trademark on Scrolls
>>
>>375904738
>that id was supposed to be acquired by Activision
ID was Aquired by Activision since 1997 you genuius. That year, Activision bought a major share cut of the company, and proceeded to publish all their following games up till Doom 3, at which point Activision decided to starve them to death because they (arguably quite correctly) figured out the studio is worthless at that point.
>>
>>375900053
>Have a bad day
>Goto church to pray
>The lawyers show up
>>
File: 1492794120819.jpg (72KB, 640x765px) Image search: [Google]
1492794120819.jpg
72KB, 640x765px
Can someone gove me a quick rundown on why #Prey #2017 will be shit ?
>>
>>375900376
There was a guy who trademarked the word "Edge" and got into dispute with EA over Mirrors Edge
>>
I was about to just quote part of that anons post back at him but this is fine.
>>
File: disgusted-by-semen.png (302KB, 547x373px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-by-semen.png
302KB, 547x373px
>>375900053
changed their name to praey for the gods
why not just change it pray for the gods
>>
>>375904759
>>375902971

As a fellow old guy, your message and efforts of educating these new fucks will gone in vain. Nevertheless, you get A+ for the effort.
>>
>>375904961
>prey
>pray

did i miss something ? can you stop sucking dicks and read carefully ?
>>
It's like that time they sued Notch over the name Scrolls. And, no, like everyone already said ITT, that's not hot trademarks work. Bethesda lawyers are just mega trolls and this is well known within the industry.
>>
>Bethesda raping another old franchise
It's going to have RPG elements, isn't it?
>>
>>375904961
>Be minister
>One of your parishioners dies
>On sign outside you have "Our prayers are with Parishioner's family"
>Bethesda sues you and forces the closure of your church
>Go home
>Browse the internet in misery
>Terrorist attacks in Europe
>People around the world set their statuses to "Praying for Europe baka"
>Bethesda sues the entire internet
>Decide to watch tv instead, maybe an animal documentary
>Partway through documentary lawyers are running through the savannah
>They surround the zebras and issue them subpoenas for infringing on Bethesda's copyright
>>
>tfw there will never be a bounty hunter in space game
>>
>>375900053
Jesus if bethesda/ zenimax spent half the time suing people making games we coulda had a new TES by now.
>>
>>375905216
>Prey
>Prey to the gods

Damn their lawyers need to stop sucking dicks and read carefully.
>>
>>375905007
Sure

Reason #1: Bethesda
>>
Didn't ZeniMax sue Scrolls because it was close to Elder Scrolls? That's like Ubisoft suing EA because Crysis is close to FarCry
>>
File: 1487830938829.png (470KB, 790x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487830938829.png
470KB, 790x720px
>>375900053
Justice has been served. They shouldn't copy people.
>>
>>375902971
MachineGames did New Order and Old Blood, not id.
>>
Its funny, the only people i can recall that are this anal about trademark names are Bethesda and Tim Langdell.
>>
File: Notchbants.png (23KB, 600x213px) Image search: [Google]
Notchbants.png
23KB, 600x213px
>>375905435
Yes, Notch made a not so passive aggressive post about it
>>
>It's a /v/ doesn't understand trademark law episode
le fugg buthisda amirite nu begas 2 wen?
>>
>>375905007
>Scrapped unique hub based bounty hunter game on an Alien space station for generic low scifi shooter.
>Enemies are literally shapeshifting blobs.
>Weapons are reported to be "eh".
>Boring plot.
>Absolutely no connection to the original universe.
>>
File: 1461846104171.jpg (47KB, 468x484px) Image search: [Google]
1461846104171.jpg
47KB, 468x484px
>>375905617
>>
>>375900053
>dude, let's piss off even more people with the prey franchise
>>
>>375900789
This game had some sick music
>>
>see a Prey video in my sidebar
>thumbnail looks like a still of an animated short, seems pretty stylish
>click on it
>it's just a two minute long clip of the devs running through all of the boring, samey weapons before the video "glitches out" and ends

Don't clickbait me in your fucking Youtube thumbnails, you fucking cunts. I thought it was gonna be something like the Dead Space animations, but nope, it's just Bethesda taking a warm shit in my mouth as they explore the world of video game guns that were already boring and tired ten years ago.
>>
>>375900701
To be fair Bethesda can only be accountable for two of those. The others are ZeniMax.
>>
>>375904907

No.

Activision was a major shareholder but not the majority share holder and did not have ownership of the company, although they were in a position to secure themselves the publishing rights. In the mid 2000s Activision was looking to buy out the rest of the shareholders, who were made up of various id executives and founders, but the deal went wrong and Activision decided to cut id loose.
>>
>>375900053
wait, so no game can have the word prey in it now?
>>
>>375905348
>Damn their lawyers need to stop sucking dicks and read carefully.

From what i heard, US lawyers love sucking dick the most as long there is money, i mean don't all lawyers do ?
>>
>>375906095
You can only use the word Prey if you have more money than Bethesda so you can beat their horseshit in court without going bankrupt.

Same with the word Scrolls.
>>
Speaking of crappy mainstream shooters I recently got a desire to play Bioshock Infinite, although I really just wanted to fap to Elizabeth. I'm surprised though because I'm actually really enjoying it this time, aside from the writing. Were we too hard on Elizabeths game?
>>
>>375900053
I would rename "Pray for the Gods"
>>
>>375900447
it is though. you lose a mark if competitors can demonstrate that it has become "genericized" (cf. kleenex) or if you can't prove you've tried to defend it in court
>>
>>375904819
you're wrong, and you're doubling down

try harder
>>
File: no.png (168KB, 304x262px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
168KB, 304x262px
>>375902971
>Rune
>Prey
>unplayably bad
>>
>>375906305
Not an argument.
>>
>>375906209
It was a play on words.
"Pray for the Gods" is like "Pray to God(s)" in an archaic syntax - it's only a play on words and makes sense in the context of the game if it's "Prey".
>>
>>375905007
The only thing that bugs me is that instead of making a functional/perhaps even better playing version of what Human Head Studios did, they opted to make not-System Shock.

Around the same time both a System Shock 1 remake and System Shock 3 were announced, even.

Dishonored proved they can play with good mechanics and movement, Prey 2 in its initial form should've been a cinch for them.

I'm kinda sore about it because ultimately, nuPrey, as good as it is, didn't carry that idea of a really fucking alien place you were going through. Original Prey had an alien as hell half organic half metallic hellhole with fucking sphincter doors and vagina walls that served as teleporters for the enemy and Prey 2 was going to be nothing but aliens except the main character and maybe Tommy from the first game at some point.

Not going to see a game like either again any time soon.
>>
>>375906329
That is what they were. They were absolute, complete dogshit. Some of the worst games I've ever played, actually. Prey was at least not broken, even if it was insane pile of shit, Rune - on top of being insanely bad game mechanically, was also an absolute and complete technical mess of bugs and basic technical ineptitude.
>>
>>375906372
The concept of being a Bounty hunter on an Alien world is thrown around so often, with so much push and desire behind it (think of the 1313 hype train) that it's just so weird that companies continually quash the idea in favour of the blandest setting possible.
>>
>>375906445
How many games you played? 10?
>>
>>375900053
Time to make my new game Prey Scrolls
>>
>>375901225
>we are talking about a studio that never made a good game
>Rune
>Prey
>Dead man's hand
Pete, please. You are drunk.
>>
>>375906372

But Human Head's Prey 2 was not going to be Prey 1 either.

Did you see the footage of the game? It looked like a generic sci-fi shooter, nothing imaginative at all. People are holding on to this idea that it was going to be this amazing open world RPG/bounty hunting game but we never really saw anything beyond a CG trailer and some bland linear shooter gameplay.

Apparently everyone knows the game they barely even saw, much less ever played, was going to be one of the greatest games ever made and the basis for this knowledge seems to be purely "Bethesda cancelled it and I hate Bethesda so it must have been brilliant".
>>
>>375906480
Thousands, I'd wager. It is true that I learned to spot absolute travesties these days, so I generally avoid those that are obviously not worth time anymore. But still yet. Even in todays era of really bland, shallow and unimaginative AAA products, looking back at those shitpiles makes me shiver. We make bland and stupid games today, but those games... those games were just tragedies. Like: people going out of their fucking WAY to make the game as bad as humanly possible.

>>375906542
I did not play Dead Mans Hand, I'll admit that. Going from how utterly forgot the game was and rather devastatingly bad reviews, the fact that it's a pure console shooter with four weapons in total and the fact that the only new idea in it is that you play poker between levels makes me assume that yeah... that looks like Human Head level of quality all right.
>>
>>375906364

Fuck off to your cultist hideout, you balding, irrational cucknadian
>>
>>375905007
>>375905682
Poor performance and massive input lag on PS4 demo. They say they'll fix that, but after Dishonored 2 I don't believe them
>>
>>375906740
You have some stupidly high standarts even for /v/. Prey and Rune are not amazing by any means, but they are not "unplayable bad", mediocre at worst.
>>
>>375906662
It carried the idea of being trapped in an alien place and having to make due well while changing the scenario entirely.

It's a sound execution on what people probably DO wish happened to FEAR where every game covered a different sort of occurrence instead of all focusing on Alma, all the while still carrying the general gameplay most people flocked to FEAR for.

nuPrey, IIRC, was a completely different title they had Arkane slap the name onto after they let go of Human Head Studios. It doesn't fit, and I'm willing to bet whatever idea they had for the name originally does. It shows Bethesda's callous attitude to a T considering they probably did it to reassure investors that Prey was no longer canned, or was going to return some investment. But that's what you get when you have a company run by lawyers.

I can't speak to much about how much the gameplay demo and original announcement trailer would've translated to actual gameplay but I was excited for it nonetheless. And let's be fucking honest here, as much as you fucking act like every game needs to be revolutionary, some of the best shooters are just damn good shooters. Doom, FEAR, Quake, they all got by with good, balanced combat and tight map design. If Human Head could pull off a pseudo good map flow with the jump boots and pseudo-parkour it probably would've been a selling point, like Mirror's Edge but with shooting.

As it stands I gotta play Titanfall 2 for my fix of something that plays like that and it's fucking amazing at it.
>>
>>375906749
Not an argument.
>>
>>375900337
Trademark? On the word "Prey"? Are they gonna sue every piece of media with that noun attached to the title? Copyright laws has become retarded.
>>
>>375907179
They did the same thing with "Scrolls".
>>
>>375905640
P4tG has been in development for a long time, and has gotten quite a bit of publicity. Bethesda's attorneys wait until it's like a week from release to file the suit.

Now why is this? If they were concerned about Trademark dilution (kek) they had over a YEAR to issue warning shots. Why wait until the company is so close to release that they'll be forced to fold/pay licensing fees because they don't have time to mount an opposition before release day?

Because they know they'll lose. They know the courts won't have it and they're hoping to win/settle on time crunch alone because a small developer can't afford to wage war with them.

It's scummy business, plain and simple. Dilution ain't got shit to do with it.
>>
>>375907239
Fucking kikes. Corporations really need to be taken down a notch.
>>
>>375906662
I don't think people think it was going to be this epic game that blows every other out of the water. At least for me, it was at least going to be interesting, even if flawed. If I want System Shock, I'll just play System Shock. Besides back then Prey 2 would've been difficult to make but nowadays I see the foundation in place. Mirror's Edge and Dying Light showed how the parkour, more organic chases can work, something like Witcher 3 for the open-world quest system.
I don't hate Arkane for this since I'm guessing they were working on their own thing and Bethesda stepped in to say "that's cool and all but now it's called Prey" without letting them argue against it. Beth's response to the whole deal upsets me more than anything else. As if they don't want to acknowledge neither Prey 1 or 2, as if Human Head is an ex-girlfriend they refuse to talk about.
>>
>>375905640
We understand corporations are using said law to make ludicrous claims, you goddamned retard.
>>
File: 16920596749_01859f30ce_o.jpg (1MB, 2020x1975px) Image search: [Google]
16920596749_01859f30ce_o.jpg
1MB, 2020x1975px
Fun fact: Donald Trump's brother is president of Zenimax.
>>
>>375902971
>ID and Arkane were literally ready to file for bankrupcy when Bethesda bought them.
Because of Bethesda themselves, they willingly put retarded milestones on their projects on top of delaying their money injection towards the dev, that's when Zenimax comes in and offers a loan to the devs to cover the costs between milestones and ultimately completely buy them out because the loans keeps increasing. It's extremely effective against developers that can only develop one big game at a time.

It happened with ID, Arkane, they tried to do it with Obsidian and Microsoft tried the same shit with Scalebound as their trojan with Platinum but they managed to push through because Activision and CyGames gave them new projects and thus new money incomes.
>>
>>375906961
>mediocre at worst.
No. Uncharted is mediocre. Mediocre means forgetable, average, not insulting or offensive, just not particularly good either.

Both Prey and Rune were games littlered by such insanely bad design decisions that even somebody with ZERO understanding of basic game design will say "are you fucking kidding me?!"
I'd like to remind you the that Rune was one of those games that had massive, insanely boring repetetive maze-like levels where you could easily not even notice you are accidentally backtracking instead of going forward, and it had door levels for often nearly invisible doors on the other side of the level that would not show you what they opened, AND due to bugs frequently did not open ANYTHING AT ALL making you wondering the fucking level for hours only to discover the problem is not just shit level design and lack basic communication, but technical incompetence that just forces you to restart the bloody game all over again.
I'd like to remind you that it takes about six hours of INSANELY BAD platforming and fighting crabs and worms in a hideous clasutrophobic cave before first humanoid enemy even appears in a game that was supposed to be ALL ABOUT SWORDFIGHTING?!
I'd like to remind you that despite it's selling point being "you can use anything as weapon, even parts of your enemies", HP bloat on enemies makes anything but the one highest damage weapon on a level literally absolutely useless?

I'd like to remind you that Prey did not punish player for dying.
I'd like to remind you that it featured "vehicle sections" with vehicles that moved slower protagonists on foot and having you traverse MASSIVE open areas in them.
I'd like to remind you that somebody through THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8Nl1qo6o4I is a good idea.

No, those games were not mediocre. They were EXCEPTIONALLY bad.
>>
File: semen3.jpg (25KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
semen3.jpg
25KB, 340x255px
>>375905170
>he confused Id with Machine games
>he thinks Doom 3 came in 2005
>he thinks that Id was aquired in XXI century
>le all Human Head Studios games were unplayable bad meme
>>
>>375900337
>it says right fucking there if they didn't challenge it they could have lost their trademark.

Bullshit. It's Scrolls all over again. Remember that little debacle? When Bethesda claimed with a straight face that the Minecraft fatass calling his game "Scrolls" was too close to The Elder Scrolls?
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>375907382
>>
>>375907382
Look at those soulless, malicious, greedy little eyes and the tits on the other one.
>>
>>375900053
Fuck Bethesda.
>>
>>375907382
Being on the board of directors isn't the same as being the president.
>>
>>375907403
Bethesda did not cooperate and/or fund any Arkane or ID games before the aquisition you god damn idiot! Jesus you people are fucking brain-damaged. Is it actually impossible for you to double-check basic data?

God dammit your hate boner is fucking sad and making you into a fucking monkeys.

ID was starved because Activision did not approve any new project for them since 2005 and because EA, original publisher of Rage, pulled out of the project because it was a bloated mess.

Arkane did not actually work for Zenimax until 2010. They were aquired, and only THEN got approval for fucking Dishonored. How the FUCK would Bethesda put "retarded milestones" on project THEY WERE NOT FINANCING YOU GOD FUCKING DAMN FUCKING IDIOTS.
>>
>>375900053
>someone tries to register one word trademark
>Bethesda sues them; we can't let him have that because we'd lose our two word trademark
>someone tries to register two word trademark
>Bethesda sues them; we can't let him have that because we'd lose our one word trademark
yes
thank you bethesda
>>
>>375907382
Bullshit.
>>
>>375907382
Robert Altman is the current CEO.
Fun fact: he endorsed Hillary in the campaign. That must make the board of directors meetings awkward.
>>
>>375900525
what's the story?
>>
I seriously hope Arkane never makes a game again
>>
>>375908303
>this one buttblasted faggot that keeps making threads shitting on Prey

I'm not sure why you whine anyway, the bountyhunter shit was just a concept and a mediocre one at that. This is a lot more interesting.
>>
>>375905107
he got fucking trashed though. Once ea had enough of his shit. one of the few cases where ea did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>375900827
sup' peter. Working overtime?
>>
>>375908454
You could wait a bit longer and get System Shock remaster or System Shock 3.
Then again, the Prey name was slapped on whatever Arkane was working on before so I can't blame them. Maybe if this Prey is successful they can try their hand on the whole bounty thing.
>>
>>375908801
>was slapped on whatever Arkane was working on before so I can't blame them.
It was not. Arkane were asked to make a Prey game, because Bethesda REALLY needed to show to their investors that the Prey IP they bought is in some way rentable. Arkane answered with a hearthy "NO FUCKING WAY, WE ARE NOT TOUCHING THAT PILE OF SHIT WITH A TEN FOOT POLE."

So began a long discussion and negotiation between Bethesda and Arkane, in which Bethesda was trying to convince and bribe Arkane into accepting the task, which ended up with Bethesda basically saying:
"Look, all we need is for you to take the name. You can do what ever you want. Complete creative freedom. You said you wanted to make a System Shock game before, right? So why don't you do that! You can make that System Shock game you always wanted! All we ask of you is to please, please name the game Prey. That is all we need."

And at that point Arkane (still reluctantly) agreed and started drafting first design documents. Actual production started only over two years later.

So Prey is not something Arkane was working before: they got the task to make a Prey game, and only then came up with the idea for a System Shock like thing.
>>
>>375910369
Source?
>>
>>375910541
Leaked internal Arkane correspondence from
May 2013. It was quite a fun time, because at the time the emails leaked, NOBODY belived the leaks, because the whole story sounded so absurd. Actually very few people really paid attention to these leaks until they were confirmed year and a half later.
>>
>>375900337
How the fuck can you lose a word to bench of Indie devs just because they used said word?

How many games have Saga or Hearts? What about Doom?
>>
File: 1481555200518.jpg (103KB, 650x484px) Image search: [Google]
1481555200518.jpg
103KB, 650x484px
>>375908235
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKw_VUuZjCE
>>
>>375911036
Get out of here bit.
>>
>>375900827
Bethesda have done just as shitty things to many companies. Don't forget what they did to steal the Fallout IP, and how they tried their best to sabotage New Vegas and avoid paying them.
>>
>>375900453
>Didn't Candy Crush Saga try to do this with the word Saga?

which lead them to try and sue the Banner Stream Saga people
>>
File: 1461595612494.jpg (70KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
1461595612494.jpg
70KB, 260x400px
>name my indie game DOOM
>what could go wrong?
>>
What's Nu-Prey like anyway? From what I can tell it's a Dead Space knockoff.
>>
>>375900827

Listen here, lil' pete, Bethesda is the industry standard in incompetent developers, so no the shutting down of Prey 2 had nothing to do with the developer's incompetence
>>
>>375911223
Bethesda doing bad things at certain points does not mean EVERYTHING EVER is Bethesda's fault. That is my problem. We all know Bethesda is a bunch of dicks. That is not surprising. But that does not actually excuse us being a complete fucking retards and letting ourselves being manipulated by some OTHER FUCKING CUNTS, just because we all need to circlejerk how much we dislike Bethesda.

The story that Human Head presented is a LIE. It does not matter that Bethesda has done fucking awful shit many times, it's a lie this time. And it's a fucking annoying lie to, which spawned a fuckton of other lies about the company (viz people seriously thinking Bethesda coerced Arkane and ID into joining it as well - even more obvious and blatant lies that you morons keep falling for).

And that is what pisses me off. In blind, stupid rage and desperate need to break the world into simple, black-and-white moral stories about ultimate evil and ultimate good, you morons are letting yourselves being completely manipulated.

Bethesda are cunts.
Human Head are even bigger cunts. And they are exploiting you being stupid, lying openly to you, and you fuckers are buying it because they need to exact their petty revenge on a company that did not let them shit on their head.
>>
No, and i just joined the /r/ prey discord asking the very same question and was banned within 10 seconds. what faggots.
>>
>>375911358
Thing is no one knows or cares about Prey.

EVERYONE knows Doom (unless you're a games journalist).
>>
>>375911435
Jesus you people are so fucking dumb it actually physically hurts. How the fuck do you manage not kill yourself in the morning while trying to get out of bad.
There is NO EXCUSE for a grown-up man to be this fucking dumb. Get your shit together, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>375911496
In the US you need to dispute trademarks.

Same thing happened when Marvel sued City of Heroes.
Trademark laws are stupid.
>>
Jesus fucking christ bethesda is next level shitbag. It's one fucking word in an entire sentence for a title.

People need to stop giving them fucking money.
>>
>>375911512

>call a company that has not managed to release a product that functioned on release even once in the last decade an incompetent company
>IDIOT!!! STUPID!!!! YOU ARE NOT SMART!!!!! I SMART, YOU IDIOT!!!

Now I can see how you and your company have deteriorated to this point. Skyrim isn't even an RPG. It's barely even a game, and with the amount of freezing that the game suffered at release, it is barely even a picture.
>>
zenimax is scum. betheshit is dead to me after skyrim and fo4
>>
>>375911758
Dude... you can't even make a difference between a publisher and a developer. Yes. You are dumb. You are so insanely, painfully dumb it completely blows me away.
>>
>>375908049
>Robert Altman

Robert A. Altman. The name you posted is someone else. You don't loose the triangle in the middle.
>>
>>375911459
>does not mean EVERYTHING EVER is Bethesda's fault.
No, it just means everything shitty involving Bethesda IS their fault
>>
>>375912024
>No, it just means everything shitty involving Bethesda IS their fault
Except when it's not. Like when they are dealing with even bigger cunts than they are.

Because the point is not about circlejerking how much we hate bethesda, but actually understanding what really happened.

But clearly, you fucking sad pieces of shit are literally unable or completely disinterested in that. And that is a problem, because that makes you idiots incredibly fucking easy to manipulate.
>>
>>375907854
>>375907634
>>375907478

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media#Corporate_governance
>>
>>375902095
Well after Prey and Prey they have decided to enforce their trade mark for the fututre game Prey and another unrelated game, Prey
>>
IIRC Bethesda doesn't even own the Prey IP. Can you trademark something that isn't yours?
>>
>>375911605
>In the US you need to dispute trademarks.
>Trademark laws are stupid.

No, not really.

The point of trademarks is a guarantee of origin for the consumer. There are certain obligations that come with a claim to monopolize words and symbols within given contexts, it's not just given to you and you sit back and do what you want. That's not to say this isn't an egregious example of trademark dispute but honestly, if you aren't even going to attempt to protect your trademark then you don't deserve it because you are simply failing it's purpose.
>>
>>375912108
>even bigger cunts than they are.
Unless you are talking about EA, Activision, or non vidya there is no one else who is a bigger cunt than them
>>
>>375900053
They're lying, he's lying. Prey and prey for the gods are two vastly different ideas. They would not have loss any trademark.
>>
>>375900453
No, "candy"
>>
>>375912592
>Prey and prey for the gods are two vastly different ideas. They would not have loss any trademark.

Trademark has nothing to do with ideas. It's not copyright. Trademark applies to goods and services and one of those goods and services is video games. He's not lying because there IS a risk in losing your trademark if you fail to enforce it within the applicable areas.
>>
>>375912520
Yeah... pure evil. Like, by definition. Evil, after all needs to be measured by absolute scale of our simple teleological principles of history. Not by actual actions and events that transpired. Bethesda is evil because is how the world SHOULD BE. We don't need to actually understand what happened, we don't need to understand particularities or pay attention to the world. All we need is to know how things are supposed to be. Bethesda is evil. They are supposed to be evil. We have should have absolute faith in that and that is all we will ever need to make our way through this industry.

You people are fucking. Pathetic. You don't even know why you are angry at Bethesda. It does not matter what they do or what they don't. It only matters that you can all agree and religiously circlejerk how you hate them. Real actions, real events don't matter. Dogmas do.

This is why I fucking despise you people so much. Because this is some really, really fucked up shit, a really fucked up way of viewing the world. And it's not OK just because accidentally, it just so happens that Bethesda ARE assholes. Because that this point, that is actually completely coincidental.
>>
>>375911429
Dead Space is a Resident Evil knockoff
>>
>>375912780
They wouldn't have lost anything because these are two separate, distinct entities with no relation to each other. Now they're going to lose something because of the backlash for making the 'poor indy' change their name that they've been working on before prey was announced.
>>
>>375912383
That's so fucking flawed, though. Especially when you get shit like games being named "Prey" or people getting sued over calling their game "Scroll" because those are common as fuck words. It's like if they started trademarking the word Retribution or Resurrection. These are common game titles, for christ sake.
>>
>>375912901
>They wouldn't have lost anything because these are two separate, distinct entities with no relation to each other

That's not the way trademark works. They are both video games, THAT is how trademark works.
>>
>>375911358
DoomRL had to rename itself to DRL after existing for at least half a decade. Fuck disclaimers about not being related to id software or anyone who owns the Doom IP.

I'm sorry, Human Head Hater Guy, but I absolutely believe Human Head was the one who got fucked over. Simply because it's too fucking often that a developer gets fucked over by the publisher. With Bethesda being this sue-happy, tending to grab companies whenever they can, they're pretty fucking evil.
>>
>>375912794
Resident Evil is a Alone in the Dark knockoff.
>>
>>375912901
Exactly, but the problem is even though it's clear to everyone involved how stupid that is the law is set up in such a manner that they have to move. You know when people say the system isn't fair? Well the system actually isn't fair.
>>
>>375913005
> noun 1. a symbol, word, or words legally registered or established by use as representing a company or product.
>>
File: 1492194551420.png (356KB, 599x510px) Image search: [Google]
1492194551420.png
356KB, 599x510px
>>375911036
>We'll never get RDR in Space
Fuck you Beth. Fuck you.
>>
How about no?
>>
>>375913140
I'll never understand why companies are afraid of bounty hunter games
>>
>>375913046
It's not the law, it's abuse of loopholes. Hines is lying through his teeth.
>>
File: 1489119077600.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1489119077600.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>Americans
>>
>>375900053
>for the G*ds
>plural

Dev deserves it.
>>
>>375913046
>>375913338
I should also mention, looholes and money.
>>
>>375912782
Go to bed Todd
>>
>>375913423
There is no more proof that monotheism is correct than there is for polytheism.
>>
>>375913567
One makes logical sense the other doesn't.
>>
>>375913106

You have absolutely no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

There are currently multiple Prey trademarks registered in America. One is for beauty products, another is for clothing, another is for supplements and another is for video games. These different trademarks are all owned by different companies and the trademarks only apply within the limited scope of their registration. Bethesda cannot, for example, claim trademark infringement against the company that registered the trademark for clothing because they don't own Prey within the context of clothing and the same is true vice versa.

You know what's really funny. This "poor indie dev" actually registered "Prey for the Gods" as a trademark and then abandoned it. The foolishly exposed themselves.
>>
File: 1456904687508.jpg (71KB, 599x571px) Image search: [Google]
1456904687508.jpg
71KB, 599x571px
>>375913591
>implying either of them make sense
>>
File: AbeOik6.jpg (3KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
AbeOik6.jpg
3KB, 160x160px
>>375913591
>>
>>375913721
The word(s) "Prey" legal represent Bethesda. The word(s) "Prey To The Gods" legal represet the other guy. A single overlap does not mean their trade.ark is in question. No, you are the one who has no idea what you're speaking of. If they had money, they would have won their case and not fold to Bethesda.
>>
>>375913809
>>375913856
Not going to waste my time educating you, but do yourself a favor and read Thomas Aquina.

>tfw you're to intelligent to read books
>>
>>375900701
>>fucks up fallout series
fallout was never better
>>fucks up elder scrolls
fallout was never better
>>fucks up doom (no mods)
fallout was never better
>>fucks up quake (shitty fucking champions)
quake was always m eehxcept quake 2 ost and q3
>>people STILL support this shit company
i'm and i will
>>
>>375912931
Blame early Hollywood for going full Chinese rip off and selling films with titles intended to gain audiences based on the popularity of well received films.

Pretty much all current IP, copyright, and trademark laws stem from either fighting 1920s to 1940s Hollywood or from that era of Hollywood trying to ensure eternal control of something.
>>
>>375914050
>A single overlap does not mean their trade.ark is in question.

That's up to the courts to decide, not you.

You're right in that they probably would have won against Bethesda but that doesn't change the fact that you don't understand how trademark law works. The fact is if Bethesda did show absolutely no interest in enforcing their trademark within the sphere of video games it IS true that they risk losing the trademark as a result.
>>
File: 1477277986701.png (29KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
1477277986701.png
29KB, 250x226px
>>375914189
>tfw to intelligent to read a medieval brainlet's ramblings on things he's to primitive too understand
>>
>>375913591
True, a single male god makes no sense.
>>
>>375914732
>male

Just because hebrew lacks the the appropriate words to describe his lack of sexuality doesn't mean G*d is male in the way we normally understand.
>>
>>375906206
My main conplaint was the fact that it was generic as hell and the story was pretty bad, it probably didnt help that the people you were arguing with at the time were calling it the citizen kane of gaming.
>>
>>375911358
This would be more along the lines of naming your game meet your doom and then you getting told to change the name because people might confuse it for a doom game.
>>
Gears of War and God of War. How come there was no dispute of the word 'of War'.
Thread posts: 228
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.