[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus niggering CHRIST this is fun. Are there any other first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

Jesus niggering CHRIST this is fun.

Are there any other first person rogue likes with this much fun? Only Delver comes to mind.
>>
>>375899348
Ziggurat
>>
>>375899348

Is there a story to this, OP? Is it a game that can be finished?
>>
>>375899348
Bunker Punks.
>>
>>375899348
Does delver have a lot of items? My problem with these kinds of games is the lack of variety in comparison to games like binding of isaac
>>
>>375899428
Ziggurat is basically a 2D roguelike in first person. It's trash.
>>
>>375899348
Ziggurat was bretty gud
>>
>>375899348
It's entertaining, but it's too easy. It doesn't take much effort to get through each pyramid with nothing more than the starting pistol. Only the bosses will end up giving you any trouble. There's no much challenge in the room-to-room combat, there's no reward for clearing rooms, and there's minimal exploration. The only reason to clear rooms is to get gold which isn't something that's useful for the current run. Granted you may find a gun or a scroll, they don't help much since, like I said, the game is easily completed with the basic weapons.

That being said, the movement feels fluid and the shooting is solid despite being fairly lacking on player feedback. My only problem is with the meat-into-gold scroll which completely makes the current run not worth continuing at all. It ends it right there.
>>
I love that you can go fast. Just wish it was your default speed but then some of their platforming sections would need redoing
>>
>>375899348
>Are there any other first person rogue likes
No, because they aren't Rogue-likes
>>
>>375900019
It's actually basically a slow Hexen/Heretic with random shitty upgrades thrown at you. That makes it better than 50% of the games made nowadays, despite it being shit.
>>
>>375899348
Its only fun for Streamers
I really hate this stupid Twitch integration thing that is becoming popular among what could have been good indie games
If you don't stream and don't have at least a half decent sized viewer number than the game is just a shitty FPS with horrible gun sounds and looks
>>
shit on me for it all you want, paranautical activity is great fun for 20 minutes at a time.

something I can sink hours into though, tower of guns. It's easy, so maybe not as roguelike as some would prefer, and it has carryover unlocks, but it's great fun and very therapeutic, until you've dumped about 150 hours, at which point you'll have seen most of the map setups (a detriment of not being procedurally generated I guess) and the game definitely gets a lot more boring.
>>
File: e2qe1i4eK1.gif (46KB, 500x468px)
e2qe1i4eK1.gif
46KB, 500x468px
>>375900363
>mfw getting the scroll that turns sprint speed into default speed
>>
>>375900543
Tower of Guns is damn near perfect and some of the bosses will kick your ass if you don't get good with all the weapons. The final boss takes some serious effort if you didn't get any good upgrades or got gimped. It's doable, but you're going to have to put the work in. Loved that fucking game.
>>
sage for rude bump
>>
>>375899785
>Ziggurat
yes it can be, im on the 3/3rd pyramid.
>>
File: doomrl-2.png (80KB, 640x400px)
doomrl-2.png
80KB, 640x400px
>>375900458
>Implying there aren't first-person roguelikes
>>
>>375899348
>being forced to die just to upgrade and get further
>rouge legacy 2.9

no thank, I don't play trash
>>
>>375900019
I liked it. It's fun.
>>
>>375901769
What the fuck is this my man
>>
>>375905545
That looks like DoomRL but that nigger put it in first person and now it looks like absolute ass.
>>
Is this better or worse than ziggurat?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.