[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most uncomfortable controller ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

Most uncomfortable controller ever
>>
No.
Xbox pad and Dreamcast pad were much worse.
>>
>>375891343

It's honestly my favourite controller of all time.

What do you find uncomfortable about it anon?
>>
>>375891343
I played through most of WW HD on my brothers Wii U, was actually way more comfortable than I though it would be. Not optimal by any means but better than I expected.
>>
Didn't Nintendo get rid of the TV control functionality? Why did Nintendo think that was a good idea in the first place? Anyone even use it?
>>
>>375891436
Hands feel too far apart
>>
>>375891436

Not the OP, but I hate the placement of the triggers. It's the worst I've ever seen.

I don't think it's the worst controller I've ever used (I owned a Saturn with the US controllers back in the day), but it does hurt my hands after about 15 minutes of gameplay.
>>
>>375891436
Not him but I find it uncomfortable because I have large hands, and whereas most other controllers your fingers can wrap nicely around the grips, the gamepad is basically a slate. Your fingers can't wrap around, they just lay awkwardly on the flat of the backside
>>
>>375891512
>Didn't Nintendo get rid of the TV control functionality?
No?
pressing it brings up TV remote controls, since the gamepad has infrared and support for almost every TV imaginable.
>>
>>375891512
I did. I used it to turn on, chage input, etc on an old crt that a friend gave me but it didn't have a controller.
>>
>>375891436
Its just so much wider than every other controller, it feels weird to hold
>>
Gamepad was a godsend after dealing with the Wiimote.

The N64, Original Xbox Huge controller, and Wii controllers were all worse. Only major issue I had with it was the location of the right analog stick and how prone the sticks were to getting fucked up.
>>
File: satcontth.jpg (37KB, 617x321px) Image search: [Google]
satcontth.jpg
37KB, 617x321px
>>375891343
>pretty much everything made before the NES
>pretty much everything made by Sega
>the original Xbox controller
>Atari Jaguar
>Philips CD-i
>>
>>375891737
Nah the Wii remote and N64 are better
>>
>>375891583

Weird. I find it uncomfortable because I have small Trump handlets and I can't reach the face buttons and the triggers simultaneously without hurting my fingers.

I wonder if the gamepad only works for a specific size of hand.
>>
>>375891608
>>375891512

I was wrong, it was some feature called TVii they got rid of.
>>
>>375891343
Try using an Atari Jaguar controlller and you'll really know what it's like to use an uncomfortable controller.
>>
I hated the Atari Jaguar one more.
>>
File: 1493666255090.gif (198KB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493666255090.gif
198KB, 275x200px
Maybe my hands are accidentally just the right size but it's the coziest controller I've ever held, a personal favorite.
>>
Feels more comfortable than it looks, but still far from being as comfortable as most modern controllers.

Honestly though I'd still choose it over dualshock controllers, I hate those sensitive analog sticks and never got used to them.
>>
>>375891583
>>375891819

I've got pretty average hands and yeah I find it to be spot on.

I find the width feels super comfortable as I do have pretty broad shoulders, nothing is a stretch to reach, button placement all feels spot on and I like the mass of the whole thing.

Interestingly I find the right stick placement/buttons on the Wii U pro controller to be awkward as fuck.
>>
>>375892120
>Interestingly I find the right stick placement/buttons on the Wii U pro controller to be awkward as fuck.
That is pretty bizarre. I consider the Wii U Pro controller to be basically perfect, at least as far as ergonomics are concerned. The lack of analog triggers is really its only fault
>>
I have small hands and fat, stubby fingers, and the joycon is the comfiest control i ever had
>>
File: Wii_-U_Gamepad_backside.jpg (121KB, 1200x620px) Image search: [Google]
Wii_-U_Gamepad_backside.jpg
121KB, 1200x620px
The weight is perfectly balanced and the ergonomics allow you to hold the controller for hours without any sort of cramping or fatigue.

I am finding it hard to believe that people have actually used the controller so I'll post this picture of the back because most of you seem to think it's a flat brick for some reason.
>>
>>375892254
Nah that really isn't true my hands start to ache after a an hour or so of using it
>>
>>375891762
But the Saturn 3D controller is so comfy
>>
>>375891343
Did someone say uncomfortable?
>>
>>375891412
>Dreamcast
Beat me to it. To this day, the only controller that actually made my hands ache.
>>
File: 5f00f79fd547af60.jpg (12KB, 580x246px) Image search: [Google]
5f00f79fd547af60.jpg
12KB, 580x246px
>>375892335
I've never experienced fatique with the tablet. Had some cramps with the Pro controller though. Also PS4 controller irritates after a few hours because the grips have a weird bulbus silhouette to it that makes it awkward to hold after a while.

But this thing is a beauty. I could easily go 12 hours no issues as I did for quite some time in 2014
>>
>>375891512
They didn't get rid of it I use it literally every single time I play

>turn on pad
>quick menu selection
>tv button to change to proper input
>never once have to look for a controller
>>
>>375892226

I find I can't cleanly hit the X and A button without pushing the right thumbstick a lot of the time, I also think there's a bit of a muscle memory problem from fuck tons of PS2/PS3/Xbox/360 use.
>>
>>375891343
Does the vita count? I get hand cramps from using it. Awful stick placement. Sony shit isn't designed for people with big hands.
>>
>>375892569

You and me both anon, but I can accept that different sized hands would make a pretty significant difference.

The real question though, is there anyone on the planet that can use a PSP GO for more than 5 minutes without insane cramps?
>>
>>375891343
So the controller is bad because you fucking neckbeards have fat hands?
lmao
>>
>>375891436
not OP

Too big and bulky, top and bottom triggers are way too far apart. Buttons and joysticks don't lie along the rotation of your thumb as well as other controllers making you reposition your hands to switch between the two.
>>
>>375891343
I don't get it, did you mean to post something else? The XBox controller maybe?
>>
>>375892587
>bit of a muscle memory problem from fuck tons of PS2/PS3/Xbox/360 use.
I definitely experienced that but I think I adjusted to it quickly. It helps that the default buttons for most Nintendo games are A+X, which are right in between B+Y and the R-stick, just as the A+X buttons are right in between B+Y and the R-Stick on the 360 as well (only mirrored)
>>
>>375892718
If they can then they must be a legal midget or a 7 year old

That being said, when I was a kid holding psp after a while would cramp my hands and I lost the cover for the stick so that made it even worse
>>
>let's make the thumb sticks ABOVE the buttons, that won't be awkward at all

it deserved to flop
>>
>>375891343
it's honestly not that bad. i prefer it over the pro controller because the pro controller is the same shit as xbox
>>
File: IMG_20170503_220334933.jpg (157KB, 798x938px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170503_220334933.jpg
157KB, 798x938px
>>375892254
This is remarkably difficult to photograph so it may not appear like I'm holding it naturally but this is basically the idea. The slight bump on the back side of the gamepad isn't enough. If I was 12 then maybe I could grip that and be good with it but my fingers are just dangling here, and it's uncomfortable over prolonged periods for them to be that way.

The natural position for the hand is in a curved state. That's why just about every modern controller has handles. Your hands naturally grip.

You cannot grip the gamepad unless you're a manlet.
>>
>>375893064
t. hooked index finger
>>
File: 123.jpg (84KB, 1676x943px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
84KB, 1676x943px
>>375891343
even if you don't like it it's impossible to be the most uncomfortable when the switch exists
>>
File: terminator.jpg (34KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
terminator.jpg
34KB, 450x600px
>>375891343
>>
>>375893268

You have very long, slender fingers anon.

Post dick.
>>
>>375893524
Maybe some other day
>>
>>375894089

I bet it's at least 8 inches.
>>
>>375894234
>I bet it's at least 8 inches.
8 inches deep in your mom.
>>
>>375894358

Hot.
>>
>>375893318
Jesus.
>>
>>375893318
t. faggot who played both versions of botw here
fucking muscle memory when it comes to opening the menus, it's awkward as hell moving my right thumb to plus on Switch when my brain thinks there's an analog stick in the way, moving the camera is worse too
>>
>>375891343
The NES, SNES, Genesis, and Saturn controllers are worse. But yeah, the game pad isn't very good.
>>
>>375896301
my biggest problem with that is hitting the fucking camera button when I'm trying to find the - button on the pro controller

they made a huge mistake putting those right next to each other and not having a large distinction between how they feel
>>
>>375891343
I always thought it was pretty comfortable
The only issue I had with it is how it looks, and the fact that the screen is such a tiny proportion of the size as a whole. Especially given it was billed as "tablet-style" so frequently.
>>
>>375891412
>the Duke
>uncomfortable

Anon I get that your identity is hidden so feel free discuss a wide variety of topics but some opinions are so shit you should still have some shame
>>
I actually thought it ended up being much better than I expected. I initially had issues with the face buttons though, because for the past decade or so the only controller I use is a 360 controller on my computer.
>>
You have to be the biggest bitch in the world to get cramps from holding a fucking controller!
>>
>>375891412
>>375891737
>>375892915
>All these people shitting on the Duke

The duke is a super comfortable controller.
Try it before talking shit about it
>>
>>375892254
it technically works better than you'd think a tablet controller would, but it still sucks. my problem is it's too wide and there's no good place to put my arms when i'm in my recliner because it has the armrests in the way. so i'm sitting in an awkward position and inevitably my arms start falling asleep after not too long
>>
>>375897306
>>375897708
Xbox controller is legitimately one of the worst ever made.
Objectively.
>>
>>375897708
Got a friend who used the duke on her PC. Got her an Elite controller for her birthday, and she hasn't touched the duke since.

She got me the limited edition Nier Automata OST (every version of every song, including hacking - takes up 4 disks) and the steelbook edition of Persona 5.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.