[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Squad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IED bike.webm (3MB, 1066x600px) Image search: [Google]
IED bike.webm
3MB, 1066x600px
Anyone here played v9.4?
They added mortars and ieds and other stuff.
>>
I honestly feel like mortars have ruined the game in multiple ways. I'll probably be taking a break from the game until the community finally gets the idea that having 9 people sitting 800m away from the objective isn't such a good idea or they finally add dragging to wounded teammates.
>>
>>375891617
There very rarely is more than one FOB doing mortars, you can get about 2 minutes of firing mortars with one full LOGI resupply, meaning that a player has to constantly do logistic runs.

The killradius on mortars isn't even that high and you can hear them coming, I have only died once to a mortar so far.

They are not that bad and add another dynamic to the game.
>>
>>375893235
>There very rarely is more than one FOB doing mortars
I wish this was the case in the games I've joined.

>meaning that a player has to constantly do logistic runs.
This is one of the other problems I have with them, they tie up a logi truck doing nothing but bringing ammo to a FOB at best, and at worst you have both of them supplying ammo either to the same FOB or to different ones. It's so hard trying to get a squad who has control of the logi to push it forward and supply FOBs on the frontline because they don't want to run out of ammo for their precious mortars or potentially lose their truck.

>I have only died once to a mortar so far.
The problem arises when playing as a medic though, you're only given two choices right now:
1) Run out and heal the person who got killed by a mortar and most likely get killed when the second volley comes in
or
2) Leave them out there until the enemy decides to shell someplace else, they run out of ammo or their infantry start pushing in so they stop firing.
Both of these are pretty bad options, and that's why I can't wait for the ability to drag wounded teammates. Number 1 is bad for obvious reasons, and number 2 is as well because most of the time people will just give up if you take too long to revive them, or if the enemy is already pushing in then reviving them still runs the risk of getting killed because you'll be out in the open while doing it since that's usually where people get killed by mortar fire.

>add another dynamic to the game.
They do, but I don't feel like they've been worked out well enough amongst the people using them. Too many people wanting to try their hand at raining death from above means too few people playing the objectives.
>>
>>375894181
They were not a problem in PR, they won't be in Squad, they are just a new novelty and people will go back to normal, with maybe 3-4 people dedicated to fire support.
>>
>Jihad jeeping

Into the trash it goes
>>
File: gary.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gary.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>375894632
>he doesn't know the joy of Suicide Trucks as a game mechanic
>>
>>375895184
pr seemed to be a lot more fun than squad is. what the fuck happened?
>>
>>375895747
I disagree, I enjoy Squad much more, it just needs polish
>>
>>375897079
nobody wants to dick around in squad, the game is slow and boring. no more civilians, crazy amounts of shotshell grenade launchers or anything else fun and the maps are too big so you wind up running forever to be shot by some kid miles away.
>>
>>375891332
I like the feeling of mortars, being under siege while mortar shells drop all around you is something quite memorable, but they're not as strong as I thought. IEDs and mines are good too, especially the former.
Also, I really like that they finally nerfed Heavy Anti-tank.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.