[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

other RPGs that do this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 6634634.gif (2MB, 567x533px) Image search: [Google]
6634634.gif
2MB, 567x533px
Are there any RPGs that will let me make my whole party from the beginning of the game like DQ3?I started playing DQ3 recently and make my party after my friends and are DnD character patterns and put them in game.I know dragon;s dogma has something similar but is only limited to your chracter and your pawn and not the whole party.
>>
Dragon Quest 9
>>
Etrian Odyssey
>>
Final Fantasy (the first one)
>>
>>375883460
This was the norm for plenty of older RPGs.

Wizardry, Might & Magic, Realms of Arkania, ...

But also some newer RPGs like NWN2: Storm of Zehir, Knights of the Chalice, Conquistadors, Wasteland 2, ...
>>
>>375883460
Class of Heroes
>>
>>375883789
This. Actual, real rpgs do it all the time. Most jrpgs aren't actually rpgs and thus don't.
>>
>>375883460
Icewind Dale and there are ways to do it for Baldurs Gate 2, which I highly recommend.

All of the old Goldbox SSI games (D&D and Buck Rogers series, which are great).

Agreed with Etrian Odyssey, Wizardry (8 is the best) and Might and Magics (6-8 are great, I personally liked 10 but some people didn't).
>>
Dragon Quest IX has the mechanic, youre able to make your entire party from scratch after about an hour in. It's my favorite DQ game by far.

However I have trouble recommending it because there is HUGE amount of endgame content locked behind a download. The wifi services for DSi/DS games has been discontinued so its impossible to get them without AR codes.

If you're okay with that, the game is still an awesome RPG with an okay story, even without the DLC content, endgame grottoes are hours and hours of content.
>>
>>375883460
final fantasy legends
>>
Etrian Odyssey
>>
>>375883460
Icewind Dale

Pretty old CRPG, but if you're into DnD it should be perfect.
>>
>>375884821
Etrian Odyssey, as mentioned.
Divinity: Original Sin lets you customize the first two party members. After that you can pick two of four voiced recruits or pick some nondescript "hirelings".
>>
>>375884996
Yeah, Divinity: Original Sin just lets you customize the initial 2 members, but that's it.

The sequel that's coming soon bumps it up to 4 though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.