[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game was surprisingly great

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: metro-2033-1.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
metro-2033-1.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
This game was surprisingly great
>>
>>375883317

You talking about the original version or the Redux?
>>
>>375883419
OG
>>
the only bad thing was the performance everything else is good
>>
>>375883317
The book is fantastic too. Never have felt myself be so immersed in a book. Even more so than playing the game.
>>
Metro 2033 is my favorite FPS. I didn't even mind the amoebas after my first playthrough.
Shame about Redux and how they fucked consumables.
>>
>>375883317
Metro redux with both games updated is such a treat. So complete, much wow
>>
>>375883419
>>375883881
I've been meaning to get around to playing this but I keep hearing this about the redux fucking the game up. What did they change to make it so bad?
>>
>>375883317
My first game that wasn't cod or halo or whatever. Replayed it like seven times since its release. as autistic as it sounds it's comfy and feels like home
>>
>>375883957
They made the graphics better, but in order to justify doing that cranked up the brightness and contrast. Gloomy and atmospheric s.t.a.l.k.e.r like levels now feel like a modern wolfenstein wannabe, when really it was the other way around (tno tried to be a metro really hard.)

Aside from that, waaaaay too easy. Even on the hardest difficulty it plays like normal on the original.
>>
>>375883957
Main thing they changed is how consumables work. In the original version you could hold you throwing knives in your hand and take careful aim. In the redux version it's a button you press and it instantly throws one. It's really awkward and annoying to use.
They also removed how armor interacts in combat. Like if you shot someone in the neck it would deal more damage than if you shot them in the heavy armor. In the original knives could also bounce off armor or not penetrate, but they removed that in redux as well.

If you wanna play Metro 2033 play the original first, and if you wanna play it again some years later play the redux version.
>>
File: 1469698589833.jpg (18KB, 284x339px) Image search: [Google]
1469698589833.jpg
18KB, 284x339px
>tfw when still waiting on Metro 2034 news
>>
>>375884124
Is there somewhere I can buy the original? I know they don't sell it on steam anymore or will I need to pirate it?
>>
>>375884214
No clue, just pirate it and buy the redux version if you really wanna support the devs.
>>
the mouse acceleration ruined metro for me.
>>
>>375884276
Yeah thats what I was thinking I just don't like pirating games unless I really have to or if its old.
>>
>>375883957
Its fine anon, for every feature "lost" others were improved. Definitely pick it up, its pretty cheap now and I doubt you'd regret it
>>
>>375884205
THQ and/or 4A Games said that there won't be a new game in 2017, but I'm pretty sure they have implied they're working on something.

The official website for the books hints at something other than a book is being worked on, some people think it's a movie. Who knows.

I think whoever bought out the property (Nordic games?) knew how popular it is, and I would be shocked personally if something didn't come out under the Metro name in the next few years

>>375883957
My biggest issue is that they changed the character models from gloomy, atmospheric ruskies that looked appropriately downtrodden and depressed, into colorful supersoldiers.

The new character models look good, but it really doesn't fit the hopeless and dark theme of Metro 2033. Plus they fucked with the lighting so every light source looks blue-ish and there's a fuckton of lens flair.

Also, the stealth is simplified drastically. Some people complain that it's easier, but really it's just simpler and more streamlined, and in my opinion not in a good way.
In the original Metro 2033 your watch had green, red, and yellow lights. Green meant you were hidden in the dark, yellow meant you were partially hidden, and red meant you were completely visible (also if all lights were off it meant you were totally hidden and wouldn't be seen). In the redux, you only have 1 blue light on your watch, if it's on you're in the light, if it's off you're in the shadow. This made it really stupid and eliminated any strategy or skill in moving around undetected. Instead of monitoring the three colors on your watch to see what areas of the room were safe, it's just "oops I walked a little too far into the light because there's no warning light to show where the light boundary is, now everyone in the room sees me and I have to reload the checkpoint".

Also they fucked up the ranger difficulty, specifically the HUD and not showing quicktime prompts in cutscenes, etc. I could go on but I'm at the character limit.
>>
>surprisingly
It's been a cult /v/ classic since release
>>
File: metreduxcompar2.png (634KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
metreduxcompar2.png
634KB, 1920x1080px
>>375883957
>>375885548

Here's a few examples of what I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV3xP8-4BRs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8aRC65oUn8

Everything just looks bright and colorful and shiny, which is okay for Metro: Last Lights more action heavy theme, but it's really out of place in Metro 2033. Plus, Metro 2033 Redux uses a lot of Last Light's textures and models, which not only doesn't makes sense in the story, but also if you are playing 2033 and LL back to back there wont be any visual progression from one game to the other and it will just look like more of the same.
>>
What happened to single player FPS? I feel like the only ones I liked between Crysis in 2007 and doom last year were this game and last light
>>
>>375886965
Call of Duty killed the genre
>>
>>375887757
are you trying to say cod1+uo didn't have a great single player
>>
>>375884124
Really? I never played the original metro and I would clear entire levels in the redux by rapidly planting knives in skulls, and I'm no master of precision.
>>
>>375887757
No?

Call of Duty itself went to shit but it only took AAA developers a few attempts to realize they can't satisfy CoD-kiddies with a non-CoD game.
>>
>>375887757
Esports did.
>>
>>375887757
>Call of Duty killed the genre

>Not blaming the audience

... you mean the same dumbshit kids that made Minecraft worth a Gorillion Dollars ruined the genre.

Same kids that watch lets plays and unwrapping videos and shit on youtube like it's the fucking gospel.
>>
>>375889752

Exactly

If it's not blatant lets play bait then it's not worth shit to them

A single player game is worthless if you can't make a 10 minute video of you over reacting to everything that happens and upload it with a thumbnail of you making a retarded O face
>>
>>375889752
Why

Why do kids today have such shit taste?

I'm only 22, I was a kid fairly goddamn recently. What happened?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.