[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has a video game company ever hurt you on a spiritual level?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: LOL.png (170KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.png
170KB, 500x500px
Has a video game company ever hurt you on a spiritual level?
>>
i want some fucking sources now
>>
>>375880875
The worst nintendo franchises together forming the worst crossover of all time
>>
So basically Pokemon Conquest?
>>
>>375880964
Don't have it on hand but originally they were just going to do basically Fire Emblem with FE characters in a Pokemon setting, but Pokemon Conquest was in production already and did the same shit with the characters that appear in Nobunaga's Ambition, so they decided against it.
>>
>>375881081

>Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE was the brainchild of Nintendo producer Kaori Ando, who voiced her wish to make a Fire Emblem crossover to fellow producer Hitoshi Yamagami in 2010. Ando's initial vision was for a collaboration between the Fire Emblem and Pokémon series, but this was rejected as a similar collaboration was being developed in the form of Pokémon Conquest. Ando redrafted her proposal and submitted it a week later as a crossover between Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei.[17]

Literally this.
>>
was it going to be a sequel to Pokemon Conquest?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Conquest
because that game was pretty fun.
>>
>>375881081
That's literally what canned the crossover funnily enough
>>
>>375881081
Yeah but better because Fire Emblem characters instead of slant eye niggas with names I can't remember.
>>
File: 1479140374846.jpg (140KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1479140374846.jpg
140KB, 1280x720px
>>375881128
>>375881152
Pokemon X Fire Emblem would have been way better than Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition and nobody can deny it
>>
>>375881152
>it took only a week to convert a Fire Emblem x Pokemon Crossover draft to a Fire Emblem x SMT Crossover

Goes to show how similar SMT is to Pokemon on a gameplay level, disregarding the persuasion tactics you could use on demons vs Pokemon's more simplistic "use stronger balls and deal abit of damage" system.
>>
>>375881374
Except we didn't get an actual Fire Emblem x SMT game after all so who the fuck knows what was actually in that proposal.
>>
>>375881374

All JRPG's are the fucking same. More news at eleven.
>>
https://youtu.be/51CO2fwJjgI
>>
Besides Mario and Donkey Kong games, what other Nintendo Crossover games (bar Smash Bros) exist?

>>375881432
From a gameplay perspective, we got an FE spinoff featuring SMT gameplay design minus the demon bargaining.

>>375881459
Not necessarily.
>>
>>375881552
>From a gameplay perspective, we got an FE spinoff featuring SMT gameplay design minus the demon bargaining.
It plays nothing like a Fire Emblem game, though.

Even fucking Gaiden is more of a Fire Emblem game than #FE.
>>
>>375881552
It was really Persona X Fire Emblem, not SMT X Fire Emblem, especially with those character loyalty mission things
>>
>>375881552
The Legendary Starfy 3 had a whole world dedicated to a Wario Land crossover, since the WL4 team really liked the Starfy games.
>>
>>375881629
It's a spinoff, doesn't need to be exactly like an FE game.

Like i also said, the gameplay was heavily SMT inspired while also keeping FE elements such as weapon triangle and class upgrades.
>>
>>375880875
Sun/Moon permanently ruined all forms of competitive battling thanks to their incessant need to make each new generation of Pokemon as a whole stronger than the last.

Not to mention that most of the new designs were disgustingly bad, and the game itself was tediously dull and even easier than X/Y.
>>
>>375882064
Good, competitive Pokemon is a soulless number cruncher with RNG. It's fucking garbage and so are the people who do it.
>>
>>375881152
In reality it's because GF wouldn't allow IS to make the Pokemon fuckable.
>>
>>375882156
Maybe in OU and Ubers, but other tiers we're fine. You could even manage to be creative in OU, if you were good.

But now, everything is almost exclusively dominated by gen 7 Pokemon, or dedicated to countering them.
>>
>>375882064
>easier than XY

How? SM is still retard easy and I agree about it being dull as fuck but I don't understand how you'd find XY harder unless you've just gotten better at the games since then.
>>
>>375881495
i never understood why they made some random stupid story line instead of just going around catching pokemon and things like it...and why they have just one attack
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.