[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who got burned more SMTfags or FEfags?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 540
Thread images: 75

File: FE.png (2MB, 1846x2639px) Image search: [Google]
FE.png
2MB, 1846x2639px
Who got burned more SMTfags or FEfags?
>>
>>375878812
neither because nobody played it
>>
It's a pretty good smt version of FE.
>>
>>375878812
Wait, did this ever come out?
>>
>>375878812
SMT, I guess. FE at least got to see some of their characters in-game.
>>
File: #FE.jpg (286KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
#FE.jpg
286KB, 1280x720px
>>375878812
FE, it can be excused as another MegTen universe with new characters.

I liked the game, but it could have been better, 7.5/10
>>
>>375878812
>One of the best combat systems based around SMT
>Bunch of Fire Emblem references for hardcore fans only
Only people who lost are people who lost their shit over the english version
>>
>>375879238
And people who expected a generic crossover of the 2 ips based on the announcement.
>>
It's SMT with Fire Emblem characters being Personas.

The Fire Emblem characters are in Tokyo because people's talent has power and it is being used to revive the Shadow Dragon.

It's vibrant and focused around idol culture because they work for a talent agency.
>>
It's a pretty __fun game anon, and I'm a long time SMT fan.
>>
The game treats the FE references better than the SMT ones.
>go in expecting SMT
>get persona
>>
>>375879794
>>get persona
I have no idea how fucking ANYBODY could get this out of the game, it is absolutely NOTHING like Persona. There is no time management shit at all, the game is 90% dungeon crawling. You get dropped into a dungeon within 5 minutes of starting the game. It is the absolute polar opposite of Persona.
It's as close to mainline in terms of gameplay as DDS, the only even REMOTELY similar to Persona is the setting, and even then there is no mention of school at all.
>>
>>375879998
Strange Journey actually in terms of gameplay
>>
>>375880085
Last I checked it's not a first person dungeon crawler. It's DDS gameplay with a much better version of SJ's battle system.
>>
>>375880171
Oh that what you meant.
Good way of describing it.
>>
>>375878812
Nintendo needed to do two things with this game to make it a semi-success:

1. Be upfront about the idolshit from the very beginning, no badly translated concept trailer that promises a super serious SMT x FE game.

2. Delay the game for the Switch, a Switch version of this game would have sold so much more.
>>
Can we just say no one wins with that game?
FE fans had a few things going for it. Like Tiki and other characters. SMT however is just nonexistent outside of having kind of a battle system but honestly you could have just had it in any other JRPG and people wouldn't have second guessed.
>>
it sold better in America than Japan
why burger why
>>
>>375880750
You are literally the only one in the thread that thinks that. The game was oozing with both franchises. Sorry you just wanted your shitty Project X Zone knockoff.
>>
>tfw at least 20% of the game is watching the session animations
>>
>>375878812
SMTfags by a long shot.
>>
File: bask.gif (496KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
bask.gif
496KB, 500x373px
>>375879238
>bunch of fire emblem references for hardcore fans
>literally everything is from boring as fuck Archanea that everyone and their mother played
Yeah, real hardcore.
>>
>>375881030
>smtfags get a game that is for all intents and purposes another just another smt spinoff
nah man
>>
>>375881015
lying fuck, have you played a smt game
>>
>>375880889
That's just retail outlets too. It doesn't count digital sales.
>>
>>375878812
>Who got burned more SMTfags or FEfags?

everyone
>>
>>375880889
Wiiufags REALLY wanted something to play.
>>
>>375880750
>Can we just say no one wins with that game?
Of course we can't because regardless of the theme it was an extremely solid RPG.
>>
>>375879238
What makes the combat system so good? I didn't get that far in the game because it was taking so long to get interesting
>>
The gameplay was all right but the story and writing was much, MUCH worse than the worst SMT and Persona stories
>>
>>375879113
>Wait, did this ever come out?

yeah. Like June of last year
>>
外人がメガテンファンとかFEファンぶってるのってギャグなんかな
>>
>>375881762
マジやで
本気で自分たちのが詳しいと思ってるからな
かなり笑える
>>
I enjoyed it as a bizzare MegaTen entry, but I'm just not into FE very much so pretty much any references went over my head besides recognizing character and skill names.
>>
>>375878812
FEfags. At least it has a Persona-esque gameplay. FE is limited to fucking cameos.
>>
>>375881873
>Persona-esque gameplay
Opinion immediately discarded.
>>
#FE is not Persona related if not at all. A bunch of retards in this thread.
>>
>>375881762
>>375881841
>Want to learn Nip
>Feel to old to learn
2-3 years to be able to just play basic games is just too much for me.
>>
>>375881949
like it of not the fighting system screams typical casual SMT but a bit better. The atmosphere is pretty much a persona game for children. Fire emblem has next to nothing.

Still a pretty good game though.
>>
>>375881873
>FE is limited to cameos
Did you even played the game or what? The game is full of FE references on top everything the game is a close to a modern-ish JRPG Shadow dragon.
>>
>>375878812
I liked it. And the ones who got burned more were censorfags
>>
>>375882248
>The atmosphere is pretty much a persona game for children
spoken like someone who has no idea what he is talking about
if anything it was more FE than SMT
>>
>>375882071
Did you honestly expect a board predominantly filled with dedicated Sony brand warriors played a game on the Wii U birthed from two fairly niche series that was not well received from either fanbase?
Basically they just went
>SMT with a kawaii girl?
>must be persona!
>>
>>375882071
Nobody is saying that it's a sequel or even the same serie. It's just more like a persona game than an olg-gen SMT or a FE.
>>
FE is for children
>>
>>375882248
>like it of not the fighting system screams typical casual SMT but a bit better.
I'll agree it's better than standard press turn but that doesn't really have anything to do with Persona
>The atmosphere is pretty much a persona game for children.
Persona? Not even. For kids? I can maybe give you that. When you look at it objectively it's more like a mainline game with lower stakes, what with it being about an imminent apocalypse threatening Tokyo. It just doesn't take itself overly seriously, which I think owes to it being partly FE in the era of Fates and Awakening.
Anyway you should probably delete that other post, anon.
>>
>>375882406
Except it's not in any sense? It's very much like a mainline SMT and FE in gameplay, which is what matters
>>
>>375882349
>full of FE references
Hence what I just said.
I'll give you that saying cameo was a bit too much but the gameplay still has absolutely nothing to do with FE. You could replace all FE references with other things and it would still work fine.
>>
>>375882406
Have you actually played a single SMT, Persona or FE game?
>>
>>375882406
Gameplay is a tweaked SJ demon coop, and the game itself plays more like DDS than anything. Only thing common with persona is how buffs expire aside that they have nothing in common.
>>
>>375882672
>but the gameplay still has absolutely nothing to do with FE.
Eh it uses some FE cues in that specific weapon types do better against different enemies and radiant skills are somewhat similar to FE skills in function.
>>
it's not the most deep RPG ever, but it's a fascinating blend of SMT gameplay with a Persona-ish character emphasis and only tie-ins to Fire Emblem. It's actually really only loosely Fire Emblem (which is why I enjoyed it more). Honestly, if it was an idol Persona game /v/ would be in love with it.

you can also get it for free by hacking a Wii U or waiting until Dolphin plays it well I guess. you get lewd costumes with that too. i need to finish this game actually. it's a bit lightweight tho and i'm replaying nocturne rn.
>>
>>375882702
The 3 of them, although not all older SMT. But it looks like
> The atmosphere is pretty much
the word atmosphere was gloriously interpreted as "being the same game as".
>>
File: 1492626517370.png (84KB, 302x406px) Image search: [Google]
1492626517370.png
84KB, 302x406px
>>375882672
The game uses VAs from the old ass FE ova, most plot references SD not mention to the final boss being Medeus itself for the fucks sake, skills and weapons are mostly from FE. Not mention to the Fire Emblem itself is the Fire Emblem theme.

The actual game is more FE jerk than anything, it have little to do with SMT aside the gameplay and some minor references. It's a FE game made by Fatlus.
>>
If I hate fire emblem will I like this game?
>>
>>375879998
Because it's atmosphere and look is all Persona
>>
If there was ever proof that /v/ doesn't play the games they're talking about this thread is it.
>>
>>375883132
>more FE jerk than anything
That's probably the problem here, to me it's more like windows-dressing than anything else and the core of it is the gameplay
>>
>>375883264
fire emblem characters are the jojo stands for your characters in this game. i haven't gotten that far but that's all the fire emblem i recognize.
>>
>>375883283
It's nothing like Persona. If you had touched a Persona game you would be able to tell that they don't have any similarities in atmosphere or general tone.
>>
>>375883381
>stands
>persona

>no one went with the obvious Shaman King connection
>>
>>375883381
I hate the RNG stat growths from FE, is that part of it?
>>
>>375883485
No.
>>
>>375883283
>>375883382
the atmosphere and look is nothing like Persona, but the emphasis on characters is very much Persona. you even get special missions for them.

>>375883461
haven't seen shaman king

>>375883485
it's all SMT-lite gameplay. You fight against monsters and abuse element weakness and then can do flashy combos. That's really as deep as the game goes. play on hard and you'll have a challenge tho.
>>
>>375878812
I'm a SMTfag and a FEfag and I still thoroughly enjoyed this game.

In the end it was a decent game, had decent dungeon crawling and a decent battle system. I'd give it a 7/10 or 7.5/10. It gets a lot more shit than it deserves because it ended up not being a true crossover like what was originally advertised.

I would play a sequel that works out the kinks.
>>
>>375879330
>expect SMT x Fire Emblem
>get persona
Wow
>>
>>375883581
Too bad most of the special missions are pretty crappy.
>>
>>375883581
The only game I've ever played from Atlus that I like is Radiant Historia.
I guess I should play it since I have a Wii U and it's basically a paperweight.
>>
>>375883581
>haven't seen shaman king
Long explanation short Shamans can take spirits and put them into weapons.
>>
>>375883635
More like diet persona really.
>>
File: 1490522326218.jpg (7KB, 261x203px) Image search: [Google]
1490522326218.jpg
7KB, 261x203px
>>375878812
>tfw it got a sequel
>mfw sequel's localized version had all of the female characters wear hijab.
In all seriousness, why did the censorhip went over the fucking top on the first game.
>>
>>375883382
>it's nothing like Persona
Oh please, you can very obviously tell the devs looked over constantly to the P5 devs in the office next door for stuff to put in their game too.
>same Tokyo setting
>same texting system
>similar type of dungeon design
>switching out party members
>buffs work like they do in Persona and not SMT
>the FE characters are basically the characters' Personas and level up and learn skills the same exact way
>>
>>375881136
All but If, some several times. Have YOU?
>>
>>375883750
Eh it has more depth than modern persona games so it's more like diet SMT.
>>
>>375878812
>great gameplay, dungeon design, and stylish like all Atlus games
>evrything else is shit
Why. You had something so good and ruin it with the dumbest cast of all time.
>>
>>375883757
because seeing swimsuits is traumatizing for children, just like seeing people modeling in them.
>>
>>375881032
>Archanea that everyone and their mother played
Is this backwards land? Most of the "fans" of the series haven't touched anything not officially translated.
>>
>>375879238
>Only people who lost are people who lost their shit over the english version
This, I've seen pedos that haven't played played a single FE or SMT game flip their shit over the gravure loss like their sales mattered.
>>
>>375883757
It didn't. Very little was changed, /v/ just blew it out of proportion. Like you are right now.
>>
>>375883978
>pedos
>all the girls are 18 or older
Full retard
>>
>>375883757
The entire thing was done in half arsed manner. They changed like 2 outfits and some dungeon textures, but aside that the game looks pretty damn same.

And there is a patch for it, bitching about it now is moot point.
>>
>>375883834
In terms of gameplay? Eh, I guess so.
>>375883871
This is how I felt too. When it comes to the dungeon designs and battles, the game did fine, but in terms of story and character interactions and stuff like that it did terribly. I was so put off by the ending I didn't bother going back for another run through.
>>
>>375884034
No you're just down playing it because youre a drone.
>It's okay when Nintendo panders to SJWs!
>>
>>375883891
Shadow Dragon and Awakening, both officially translated Akaenia games, are the only games with plot relevance in #FE
>>
>>375883824
>switching out party members
Not something in Persona games. That is an SMT feature that P5 has as an optional bonus.

>>the FE characters are basically the characters' Personas and level up and learn skills the same exact way
No, they are more like demons, considering literally all of them have many different forms with their own stats, strengths/weaknesses, and skills to learn.
>>
Hard to say considering both series have heavy waifu shit, but I think FE fags are more accepting of it

I mean just look at Awakening and Fates
If you want to go further, look at how much waifushit is in FE Heroes and the fact that there's a fucking thread about it every other hour on this board by people eating that shit up
>>
>>375883824
Not him but to realise the majority of that can be attributed to SMT in general right?
I mean are you really going so far as to say the location is the same when every SMT game has been in the same location?
Not to mention the battle system is far more SMT than anything else. I'm fact the buffs might just be the only similar factor.
>>
>>375884154
>they are more like demons
That is a really huge stretch.
>>375884160
>Not to mention the battle system is far more SMT than anything else
It has most in common with Strange Journey than any other SMT and SJ's combat is not the same. It's also considered worse than Press-Turn by most fans and I agree with them. It's only made worse in #FE because session attacks are unskippable and waste so much of your time.
>>
File: 1493846273532.png (403KB, 613x611px) Image search: [Google]
1493846273532.png
403KB, 613x611px
>>375878812
Nobody would be caught dead trying to play an emulation of that game.
>>
>>375884123
>shadow dragon selling well and being well-liked by the general public

I have some bad news for you.
>>
File: 1491613240871.png (844KB, 1224x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1491613240871.png
844KB, 1224x1074px
>>375884158
>FE fags are more accepting of it
Yes anon, go ahead, Try speak about #FE on /feg/ or even some /v/ FE thread. I dare ya.
>>
>>375884113
No, I'm not. They changed gravure modeling to pop culture modeling for a chapter, which didn't change the story at all. A boss and an outfit were barely covered up, and only in the FMV, not the actual gameplay. And lastly, a wedding dress was given an undersuit that made it look more like a pop idol outfit. The bikini is still in every other instance of it (both the actual beach shoot scene and the attack that uses said scene), Tsubasa's sundress is more revealing than the wedding dress ever was, and Ayaha's sexy slave outfit was the most revealing thing in the game, totally untouched.
>>
>>375884303
>It's also considered worse than Press-Turn by most fans
What.
You're literally the only one who has ever said that it is worse than press turn.
>>
>>375884428
>They changed gravure modeling to pop culture modeling for a chapter
Why did they even do that though?
And don't give me that "English audiences don't get it" shit.
They didn't even TRY to make this game appeal to English audiences. It has no English dub.
>>
>>375884303
>That is a really huge stretch.
Explain. The function very, very much like them, as I explained. Matador, Claiomh Solais, Ragnel, and Iron Sword are all wastly different in appearance, weakness/resistance set, strength, and skills taught, and all forms require mirage essences to fuse into said forms. There is even "demon" negotiation in the Arena.
>>
>>375884303
>It's also considered worse than Press-Turn by most fans and I agree with them
Most fans usually say that sessions are better than press turn both because it's quick and that it presents a tough but fair style of gameplay because you're susceptible to it yourself.

I guarantee that you're just here to shitpost now.
>>
>>375884595
>Why did they even do that though?
Fuck if I know. But that doesn't make it "over the top", just some tidbits here and there that make little sense, especially since there were much more revealing things left in, and none of the dialogue was changed outside of a single line joke about Tsubasa's modeling outfit because it was changed already.
>>
>>375884595
The entire game is reliant on Japanese culture. To be more specific, entertainment industry in general.

If you pay attention, the game have really good VAs, Avex got behind it, a big ass record company, they also hired a idol group to also do the choreography.

Not mention that it got concerts and songs to backup the entire thing, #FE was there to promote VAs, avex got what they wanted, and Ninty/Atlus got the money.

NoA said that they could dub the entire game but it would take another year... And they took 8 months to localize that damn thing.
>>
>>375883757
I find them actually rewriting a big chunk of the script for the second chapter and re-recording the lines with the original VA's to line up pretty impressive. Not that it should've happened.
>>
>>375884879
Well that's nice but I don't see what it has to do with my question
>>
>>375884956
Gravure modelling isn't that known outside of japan.

They changed to normal modelling, which is a proper localization and makes sense. However the rest was NoA being a bunch of fucktards.
>>
This was hands down my favorite game of 2016 but I get people being butthurt about it.
>>
>>375885036
Wouldn't the closest we could get for the west be swimsuit modeling? Or am I wrong?
>>
>>375884939
>rewriting a big chunk of the script for the second chapter
They didn't though. The lines re-recorded were simply the change of gravure modeling to regular modeling, and the line mentioned in >>375884817. This is how people think worse of the game. Because people who haven't played it like you lie about it all the time.
>>
>>375885109
Yes, but they made a photo shoot on the streets. Makes a bit of sense in context.
>>
>>375885110
It makes much more sense for Tsubasa to be embarrassed over getting photographed in a bikini vs getting photographed in some dumb Hannah Montana outfit
>>
>>375885079
I'm just mad it felt so lukewarm when I finished playing it. For me it was a 6/10.
>>
>>375885109
Sort of, but swimsuit modeling tends to be just for advertising swimsuits (outside of actual seedy stuff like JUGGS, SI, and Playboy). In both versions of the game, the guy is a legit artist who is upset that nobody takes him seriously. Then here comes this bimbo chick who he was told was an up-and-comer, and she is too dopey and klutzy to do anything right. He gets understandably frustrated.
>>375885219
She wasn't flustered by the outfit, though. She was flustered because she is socially inept, she was terrible at posing, acting, and taking direction, and she had to do all of that in front of a camera. The woman has freakouts about SHAKING PEOPLE'S HANDS. The outfit was never an issue.
>>
>>375885219
Embarrassment is still embarrassment anon. It still conveys the same message.
>>
>>375884460
>>375884657
I think this is proof that you #FEfags don't even visit other SMT threads because almost everyone has always stated they dislike SJ's combat system more than Press Turn and #FE is SJ combat + Persona buffs + unskippable cutscenes that waste 30 seconds of your time.
>>
>>375884039
Not referring to the game, referring to the tards I saw throwing a huge shitfit over it despite not playing a single title in either series.

They thought they were high school girls, they're the full retards here mang.
>>
>>375885110
Yeah it's all basically the same shit but they do have to go over it again. Still more effort than you'd expect.
>>
>>375885396
Ah I see. At least they managed to correctly convey the guy being an artist, I definitely picked up that vibe from him.
>>
>>375878812
I liked it, the changes were a little annoying tho.

Ok, very annoying.
>>
>>375885504
>high school girls
>pedo
dumb burgers
>>
>>375885537
There is a patch, and anyone with a half brain played it in moonrunes
>>
>>375885472
>because almost everyone has always stated
Almost everyone equating to just you? Because #FE rarely comes up in an SMT thread and when it does it gets praise for the session system. What threads are you talking about exactly?
>>
>>375885619
I didn't care enough to patch it so I just played it as is. It's still a good game.
>>
>>375883485
I don't know what those other anons are smoking, yes the game has RNG growths. It's a FE game made by the Strange Journey team so it's only natural it's like that.
>>
>>375885619
Funny enough, I patched it after dumping my own backup, then changed it back when I realized the patch was pointless. I wanted Hee Ho Mart back. Hee Haw Mart can stay with the nips.
>>
>>375885753
Actually FE like growths.

Class do affect the growths.
>>
>>375884595
Are you asking why they covered them up? Cultural differences. You can get away with gore in the west but not lewd, in Japan gore is bad but lewd is fine.

Gravure = camwhoring, don't try to sugarcoat it. And even if you don't agree with that, good luck getting anyone that isn't a goddamn weeaboo to see it that way.
>>
TMS FE# is cool, try to deny it
>>
>>375885753
>I don't know what those other anons are smoking
They're not smoking anything, #FEfags have always been known to embellish or outright lie about certain aspects of the game to make it seem good to people.

>uh uh, demon negotiation IS in #FE cause, uh, uh, uh, you talk to an enemy and make choices in one small segment of the game
>>
>>375885875
No need for hostility, anon.
>>
>>375885861
>You can get away with gore in the west but not lewd, in Japan gore is bad but lewd is fine.
Wrong.
Japans rating board is more strict than ours so if it didn't get an adult rating there it isn't getting on here
>good luck getting anyone that isn't a goddamn weeaboo to see it that way.
Good luck getting anyone who isn't a weeabo to buy this fucking game in the first place, don't kid yourself
>>
>>375885753
He's talking about how in FE you could gain a level and all your stats go up, reset, gain the same level and only get a 1+ to one stat.
#FE doesn't have that.
>>
>>375885875
But it is in that small section of the game. How is it not? Unlike P5, they even ask for a chunk of life or items or money sometimes. It was clearly just a little nod, but it was there, and it was useful.
>>
>>375884595
Maiko, the boss is a former gravure model.

She assigns 17 year old Tsubasa and 16 year old Elly to go take pictures in bikinis to be put in magazines people buy to fap.

Euopean countries (Germany and Australia) have been heavily cracking down on depictions of underage girls in sexual situations and refusing classification.

This isn't some Japanese boobie game but THE summer 2016 Wii U title for Nintendo. The swimsuit shoot is turned into a general modeling shoot and they are given alternate outfits. Some of the other general covering up may have been done before they decided just to make Tsubasa 18 but even in development of the Japanese version Kiria got a pair of pants for a Karaoke machine deal.
>>
>>375886071
Don't bother replying. He always comes into SMT threads to shitpost about #FE.
It won't lead anywhere if you try to talk sense to him.
>>
File: CktoMXrXAAEbOfh.jpg (102KB, 1200x543px) Image search: [Google]
CktoMXrXAAEbOfh.jpg
102KB, 1200x543px
>>375885861
*I will agree though that censoring this wedding dress was retarded and looks dumb, why bother censoring her chest if they don't erase the skin tight shading
>>
>>375885989
But... that's exactly what #FE is like?
>>
>>375886292
It's not anon.
>>
>>375886205
My problem is that the outfits were pretty fucking lame. Only Elly's is slightly okay.
>>
>>375886071
Because some of them say it as if it's an entire full feature in the game and not just a small nod.

Same exact thing as people claiming demon fusion is in #FE because you fuse to make new weapons. It's just reaching to try to seem cool to SMTfags. Like they're little children that want big SMT daddy's approval.
>>
>>375886205
>This isn't some Japanese boobie game but THE summer 2016 Wii U title for Nintendo
It was fine in Japan so it should be fine here.
>b-b-but muh pure American traditional values
If you cared about that you wouldn't own this game or be on this site
>>
File: gravure-Idols-part1-02.jpg (797KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gravure-Idols-part1-02.jpg
797KB, 1800x1200px
>>375884595
If you try to look at it from any outside western perspective, the entire situation is a bit fucked. In the Japanese version of the game, Tsubasa is still apprehensive about being made into a gravure model, because she just wanted to be an idol. She's pressured into it, and as you find out, the photographer really wants to force people into these shoots for his own gratification.

Ultimately your way in dealing with it isn't to confront the photographer, but to appease him. You force your moe-as-fuck, airheaded high schooler who just wants to sing cute songs to do gravure modeling, pic related.

Unlike every other chapter which is an uplifting after-school message about friendship, family, individuality, and so on, this one just shits on the idea that you can make it as an idol without doing erotic photoshoots, and that you can't avoid that even if you don't want to do it.

At least with fashion modeling, it's less grimy than sexual exploitation and is just plain image.
>>
>SMT4A, P5, Conquest and Echoes all BTFOed KowaSHITai
>Tharjafag AKA OpKowashitaifag is on suicide watch
>>
File: 1492805406944.png (527KB, 683x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492805406944.png
527KB, 683x720px
>>375886375
Thats actually a feature in old games and Raidou games.
>>
>>375886413
America isn't banning games. Europe is. A banned game means $0 for Nintendo. They changed it.
>>
>>375886524
Europe should do their own localization then
>>
>>375886504
But it's still not demon fusion in the sense that people mean. That's my point. You're stretching the truth if you claim "yes fusion is in the game."
>>
>>375886475
>SMT4A, Conquest
Absolutely not.
>>
>>375886524
>America isn't banning games
America is the one dealing with the localisation all of their volition. Were it a European only release with them handling it at most you would have had changed ages.
>>
>>375886472
>If you try to look at it from any outside western perspectiv
This is an invalid argument since they couldn't even bother to give the game an English fin
>>
>>375886592
They do, but #FE localization was handled by Fatlus and NoA.

The entire long ass bitching is moot point.

Fatal Frame got changed because Aussies, and NoE handled the localization.
>>
File: DokiDokiMajoShinpan.jpg (41KB, 250x230px) Image search: [Google]
DokiDokiMajoShinpan.jpg
41KB, 250x230px
>>375885976
>Japans rating board is more strict than ours
>loli ecchi game
>C

yeah ok
>>
>>375886661
>two games that have very good gameplay
>"absolutely not"
What did he meme by this?
>>
>>375886661
Absolutely yes though, go back to bitching on your twitter and spamming P5 spoilers.
>>
>>375886694
Still doesn't excuse the changes they made.
>>
>>375886697
>ds
this was before japs understood the concept of shame and started cracking down on lolicon
>>
>>375886205
>This isn't some Japanese boobie game but THE summer 2016 Wii U title for Nintendo.
This isn't a Splatoon thread.
>>
>>375886697
>loli
>tits
That don't look like no loli to me.
>>
It was a really good game. The only people that got burned are the ones that hyped themselves up on image boards thinking they were getting Project X Zone with SMT and FE.
>>
>Though this cubemap texture may be used in some way, its file name is "20131110032555". This can be read as 2013/11/10 03:25:55, giving it a date of November 10, 2013 based on the date formatting used in placeholder images. This is the earliest timestamp for a file left in the game. For perspective, the "Shin Megami Tensei × Fire Emblem" teaser trailer was released on January 23, 2013 and the finalized "Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE" reveal trailer was released on April 1, 2015.
>>
>>375886674
What? They localized the game, it's pretty clear the english version of TMS is meant for english-speaking countries it was released in.

Unlike everything else that transferred over pretty much 1:1, erotic modeling being mandatory for teenage pop stars really doesn't fit the mood or message it's trying to convey, because that's something we don't experience or otherwise has a massively different context and implication than what they're trying to present in the japanese version.
>>
>>375886071
Is one thing that some friendly mirages are willing to give stuff in a sidequest, but is another thing convice a demon who is trying to kill you to join you/give you money, knowing that one minor screw up will bring its wrath on you with its friends.
>>
>>375886960
>draw a loli
>slap huge tits on it and call it not a loli
wow that sure is a matured adult woman anon
>>
>>375887017
>They localized the game, it's pretty clear the english version of TMS is meant for english-speaking countries it was released in.
No they didn't. You don't get to use this argument when they couldn't even be arsed to put in an English dub. They didn't even subtitle the battle quotes. They couldn't give two shits about making this game for the English audience until it came to the evil male gaze and then it's suddenly a huge deal. Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>375878929
I think this mostly true. I've played almost every single SMT game. #FE has been purchased and sitting on my shelf since release and I just haven't played it yet.
>>
File: 1492644382956.png (88KB, 200x299px) Image search: [Google]
1492644382956.png
88KB, 200x299px
>>375887017
>They localized the game, it's pretty clear the english version of TMS is meant for english-speaking countries it was released in.

No and...NO.

While the translation itself it's pretty good, the changes were utter retarded, the game lack of battle subtitles and in general the whole thing was handled by retards that did zero marketing.
>>
>>375887304
Aside from the gameplay and dungeons, you ain't missing much.
>>
I will never understand why they choose the idolshit theme.

Its not related to megaten or fire emblem. holy shit.
>>
>>375887342
It's hard to insert subtitles where there weren't any to begin with.
>>
>>375887342
>lack of battle subtitles
To be fair, this is common in a lot of games with dual audio, not just #FE. Localization teams just don't want to put in the extra effort to add in text for battle lines.
>>
>>375887208
So you're just being retarded then. I guess they made the north american english version of the game so that it could be imported to Japan on a region locked console.

Be mad about the quality if you want, but you are overexaggerating to such a retarded fucking degree it kills your credibility with it.
>>
>>375887430
The worst part is that they don't really do too much with it in terms of story.
>>
>>375887430
I bet when Nintendo came to them they insisted that the game be aimed at teenagers and talked about their vision for Fire Emblem to be THE teen rated Nintendo series.
>>
>>375887486
No, they did such a half-assed job putting it in English that I will never buy this "they censored it because English audiences don't like girls modeling" crap. It's a copout argument.
>>
>>375887605
But horny teenagers want to fuck tharja or camilla using boob armors, not watch male idols sing.
>>
>>375887728
I don't think Atlus knew how to do reserved sexy.
>>
>>375887605
>Given the setting, music is a key part of the game. What was it like working with Avex Group on music for the game? What suggestions did they have to match music with the game’s theme?

ST: The entertainment industry being the background to this title, we did not match the music to the game, but matched the game to the music from Avex. That is why we asked a producer who is in charge of many popular artists to create the music by using songwriters who are actively writing hit songs in Japan, in the same way that they actually provide top artists. A voice actor said that the recording of songs is different, that they take longer, with more detailed instructions.

>Nintendo
>Begging anyone.
They don't beg they demand, and if they don't do kiss good bye.

Also Nintendo and Atlus had very little input in the game aside being a yes man and managing the damn thing, Avex was behind it.

And FE games are rated T you fucktard.
>>
File: get smote.png (50KB, 300x348px) Image search: [Google]
get smote.png
50KB, 300x348px
>>375887430
I hate idolshit with a passion, but I bit the bullet and ended up enjoying the story regardless of the idolshit, it's most likely nintendo or IS not wanting FE to be associated with killing God and they didn't realize that until they actually made the promotional material public
>>
File: smtxfefly.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smtxfefly.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
I want to protect this retard.
>>
>>375887920
I have to ask Anon, what did you find enjoyable about the story? I found it awful. I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just legitimately curious.
>>
>>375887920
>not wanting FE to be associated with killing God
They've killed a few gods in FE as it so that's clearly not the case.
>>
>>375888057
did you do the supports? you missed out on character development if you didn't
>>
>>375887304
Nice job wasting your money and shelf space.
>>
>>375887920
Ike killed a fucking god.

And NoA helped to promote SMT4. I really hate that kind of shitty arguments.
>>
>>375887304
I downloaded it and haven't touched it.
>>
>>375888194
I did do them, and those felt half-assed to me as well. Well, if Tiki=Waifu was in it, then it became a lot more entertaining because I found her more interesting than most of the main cast.
>>
File: tsubasAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (50KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tsubasAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
50KB, 500x375px
>>375888057
Not him, but the characters were all pretty enjoyable. I liked seeing more of any of them.
>>
>>375886919
Splatoon came out in 15 dingus
>>
File: 02.jpg (79KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
79KB, 854x480px
>>375888372
They are pretty cool if you pay attention to them or do their quests.

But for the fucks sake barry is annoying as fuck near mamori.
>>
>>375888139
>>375888269
>OC Donut Steel is the same as Yahweh
I really don't understand this, I have to admit there was a lot less butthurt from the religious over the final boss of IVA outside of that one guy that was asspained about krishna
>>
>>375888372
>>375888467
Funnily I think the only characters I found remotely interesting were Tohma,Elly, and Maiko. Barry would get some laughs from me, but his obsession with Mamori quickly wore out its welcome.
>>
>>375888582
this, mamori was easily the worst character in the game to the point where she dragged barry down with her, even elenora was better and I can't stand tomboys
>>
>>375886475
>Tharjafag AKA OpKowashitaifag
lol tharjafag is DEFINITELY not OPKfag
>>
>>375888467
Did they seriously use the wrong form of there?
>>
>>375887430
I still remember the shills saying it'd be the fucking Madoka of video games or some shit.
>>
>>375888713
>People using proper english on a damn messenger app

Any game that have that kind of thing is going have intentional typos, also she is drunk.
>>
>>375888713
was drunk for halfoft h e game
>>
>>375888713
It's too obvious to be anything other than intentional.
>>
>>375888691
>Barry becomes annoying when around Mamori
>somehow this is Mamori's fault
Am I missing something here?
>>
>>375878812
FE fans, as this game is practically Persona 4.5. While SMT fans didn't get their Aleph/Hector game, it still greatly resembles a loosely related SMT property really closely..
>>
>>375888925
actually, yes, remove mamori or any lolishit character from the game, barry is fixed
>>
>>375888691
Shouldn't it be the other way around?
>>
>>375889082
>lolishit
Oh okay, you're just a redditor.
>>
>>375889107
>elenorafags exist
are you an ohyafag too?
>>375889131
>I don't have an argument so I'll just call them reddit
>>
File: 1482094629041.jpg (98KB, 854x477px) Image search: [Google]
1482094629041.jpg
98KB, 854x477px
>>375889008
>>
I bought this game, hacked my wii u, dumped my own copy, and applied the restoration patch to it. Now my copy of the disc is useless because I play it off of the SD card.
I regret purchasing it and wish I just pirated it.
>>
>>375889304
You're retarded.
Either you buy the game or you hack not both.
>>
>>375889241
Not really. I mean I liked Elly, but I feel like most of the cast, she was underutilized. I was just confused how Mamori drags Barry down, when it came off the other way around for me.
>>
File: cemu never ever.png (33KB, 949x102px) Image search: [Google]
cemu never ever.png
33KB, 949x102px
cemu when?
>>
>>375889489
>implying they're going to bother with anything after BoTW
>>
File: 1486001621253.jpg (81KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1486001621253.jpg
81KB, 800x450px
>>375888713
Aye.

This cake have some alcohol.
>>
>nobody posted Tsubasa's lolposting
>>
File: Finds a Way.jpg (489KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Finds a Way.jpg
489KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>375890047
This guy's little adventure made me laugh. I kinda wish things had worked out for him. It's weird how the NPCs seemed a lot more interesting sometimes.
>>
>>375889654
>#ugh
treehouse is fully responsible for this
>>
>>375878812
I would say Fe considering almost nothing in it resembles fire emblem in the slightest.
>>
File: 9elj69jpq1txlyjvo1_500.jpg (82KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
9elj69jpq1txlyjvo1_500.jpg
82KB, 500x375px
>>375890216
Itsuki itself is quite boring. But everyone else have their moments. Tsubasa shitposting on not Line is quite amusing sometimes.
>>
File: 1351468481278.jpg (265KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1351468481278.jpg
265KB, 400x400px
>>375889241
>>elenorafags exist
>are you an ohyafag too?
Fucking fight me right now mate
holy shit I'm seething
>>
>>375890394
Touma's support chain was easily my favorite one
>>
>>375890394
I concede that they do. But it wasn't enough to win me over. Except for Tohma, I guess it's just because I enjoy stuff like Kamen Rider. Now Itsuki, holy shit, how the fuck did they make him so unbelievably bland. I was legitimately mad at all the praise and shit he gets in sidequests,the main story, and the end of the game.
>>
>>375889654
I wish Persona 5's texting was at least as good as this.
>>
File: 1484682138154m.jpg (78KB, 1024x565px) Image search: [Google]
1484682138154m.jpg
78KB, 1024x565px
>>375890492
Yashiro is also pretty good.

Also, its not like anyone noticed but Tsubasa is voiced by Same VA as Rem.
>>
File: idolshit.jpg (254KB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
idolshit.jpg
254KB, 986x1378px
>>375878812
Beats me, not really a Fire Emblem fan. But not even Persona is as degenerate as this idolshit.
>>
File: get smoked (futaba).png (176KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
get smoked (futaba).png
176KB, 512x512px
>>375890569
who would win in a shitposty argument? Tsubasa or Futaba? I'd say Futaba for having experience with 2chan

>>375890603
His was where he'd take roles he wasn't used to right? I remember one of them he was a sentai villain and it required Touma's to be at a certain point I think
>>
>>375890972
That was his yeah. Their combo attack is actually pretty fun to watch.
>>
>>375878812
Shin Megami X FE was the reason I bought the WiiU. But then again what did I expect from the WiiU.
>>
>>375891059
Splatoon was the reason I bought a wii U, and I have no regrets, I have even less regrets getting a switch with all the good shit on the pipeline
>>
>>375890972
P5 shitposting feels forced. #FE is more amusing and develop the characters a bit.
>>
File: GO TO BED.png (41KB, 250x273px) Image search: [Google]
GO TO BED.png
41KB, 250x273px
>>375891225
sure thing morgana
>>
>>375891059
What the fuck about it made you buy the game? How did the trailer draw you in?
>>
>>375878812
FEfags by far. SMTfags got the best Persona game to date. Awakeningfags also made out like bandits with their kusoge characters plastered all over everything. Fans of actual FE got completely fucked with zero representation.
>>
>>375891409
>Shadow Dragon isn't real FE
>>
>>375891476
Correct.
>>
File: 1484335841139.jpg (36KB, 548x535px) Image search: [Google]
1484335841139.jpg
36KB, 548x535px
>>375891409
>Shadow dragon isn't representation.
>>
File: one with the bait.jpg (23KB, 600x552px) Image search: [Google]
one with the bait.jpg
23KB, 600x552px
>>375891524
>>
File: 54689891_p0.jpg (670KB, 800x1098px) Image search: [Google]
54689891_p0.jpg
670KB, 800x1098px
This will never going be scanned.
>>
>>375878812
I did, when I found out nobody bought the game. Fuck you all, it's a fantastic game. We could have had Nintendo's own Persona series, but you assholes had to go full fucking autistic instead.
>>
>>375891818
>waahhhh why don't you like what I like
>>
>>375891818
They'll rerelease it on Switch and it'll sell like hotcakes, don't worry.
>>
>>375891818
>it's a fantastic game
It really isn't and I believe you only convince yourself it's so good because you saw how much hate it got online and want to be contrarian and feel special.
>>
>>375891661
wait, that's a doujin cover?

now i'm even sadder
>>
>>375891409
>zero representation outside of awakening
>most FE cameos are from FE1/3/11/12 and Ilyana
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Anzu_Store_Tokyo_owner.jpg (106KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Anzu_Store_Tokyo_owner.jpg
106KB, 800x450px
>>375892114
Also Cath.
>>
>>375892114
>naming 11 and 12, which are remakes, just to make it seem like there's more FEs it uses than it actually does
>mentioning Illyana when her cameo is so insignificant it might as well not even exist
This is what I mean by #FEfags always stretching the truth. ALWAYS. YOUR TINY FANBASE IS A BUNCH OF PATHOLOGICAL LIARS. SEEK HELP.
>>
>>375892442
>hurr this doesn't count because I said so
Congrats anon you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>375892605
Seek help. Your obsession with making this game look good to others on an Anonymous imageboard is not healthy.
>>
File: 58256512_p0_master1200.jpg (533KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
58256512_p0_master1200.jpg
533KB, 707x1000px
>>375892056
There is also this one.

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=58256512
>>
>>375891914
It's more like why are you hating on something for stupid reasons instead of giving it a chance.

>>375891936
I can only hope.

>>375892009
No, it really is. The gameplay is really dynamic, the characters are a lot of fun, and the music is great.
>>
File: 48.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
48.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>375888713
She is alcoholic bitch.
>>
>>375892674
What obsession? You tried talking about shit you don't even and got corrected by me. Marth's games got the most representation with some Tellius and Elibe thrown in too.
>>
>>375892769
Not that Anon, but you're like the polar opposite of me. I found the gameplay fine, but the characters seemed mostly bland outside of a few moments in their character stories and the music didn't leave any lasting impressions on me at all.
>>
>>375892442
Congrats retard. The post above you disproves your point.
>>
>>375892009
So I take it you think it's bad solely because of the whole idol thing like everyone else, right?
Because most SMT fans give it's battle system praise and unlike say Persona that's where the majority of the game lies
>>
>>375892986
>most SMT fans give its battle system praise
No they don't, you can keep saying this all you like but it doesn't make it true. It has SJ's battle system and most SMT fans consider SJ's combat inferior to press turn. Talk to actual SMT fans and not your little #FE circlejerk.
>>
Why did it have to be idolshit.
Idolshit has nothing to do with FE or SMT.
Making this game an idolshit game was the biggest mistake they made by far because they killed a bunch of potential fans just by having an aesthetic and theme completely separated from what those fans were expecting. It felt more like it was pandering to the kind of people who buy Neptunia rather than the people who enjoy FE or SMT.
>>
>>375892891
>>375892972
Don't reply to him. He lives to shitpost about this game.

At this point I think he's just an anti shill who didn't get the memo.
>>
>>375893082
>Idolshit has nothing to do with FE or SMT.
the game is filled with false gods (idols)
>>
>>375893159
Oh look, yet another massive stretch to make it seem like #FE is like SMT. What a surprise.
>>
Post Tsubasa
>>
>>375893078
>It has SJ's battle system and most SMT fans consider SJ's combat inferior to press turn.
Press turn usually being considered the lowest of the low excluding persona. That said have you even played SJ? It doesn't play the way you think it does
>>
>>375893159
That is the biggest fucking stretch I've ever heard.
And even then, there's a way to present an idea like that that doesn't make it look like a Compile Heart game.
>>
File: 1491699560483.png (647KB, 850x1202px) Image search: [Google]
1491699560483.png
647KB, 850x1202px
>>375893304
No
>>
>>375893078
>It has SJ's battle system
Want to know how I know you haven't played #FE or SJ?
>>
>>375893373
>there's a way to present an idea like that that doesn't make it look like a Compile Heart game.
have you even played anything by Compile Heart? SMT#FE is the second coming of Christ compared to anything shat out by the neptunia factory
>>
>>375890216
>I kinda wish things had worked out for him.
Didn't he get all three girls in the end?
>>
>>375893312
>Press turn usually being considered the lowest of the low
Are you confusing Press Turn with Smirk? What SMT fan has ever said Press Turn is bad?
>>375893439
>hit a weakness
>party members follow up with an attack for extra damage
>no press turns, just normal turn order
That's the same exact description for both games. They're made by the same exact team too. Are you being retarded on purpose?
>>
>>375893373
I'm 100% sure that one #FE song PV cost more than 10 nep games.
>>
>>375893439
I don't think you played it.
>>
>>375893082
the idolshit wasn't the problem, revealing the existence of an SMT x FE game way too early was the problem. We had that Misleading trailer, then two years of silence, then all of a sudden BOOM! KOWASHITAI!

if they revealed the game after it was through the conception stage, the game would probably have had a better reception
>>
>>375893586
>What SMT fan has ever said Press Turn is bad?
Is your exposure to the SMT fanbase only through these #FE threads?
>>
>>375893502
>>375893609
I'm talking in terms of design and aesthetics, not gameplay. It's the way the characters are designed and the whole look of the game. It looks like a shitty JRPG that's trying to sell itself on fanservice more than anything else, and the idol theme really does not help matters. Whether or not that's actually the case is irrelevant, because that's the impression the game has on me. I can't speak for other anons, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the biggest reason so many people were disappointed and turned off by the game; the character designs and the whole aesthetic of the game feels like it belongs to some cheap JRPG rather than a crossover between two juggernaut, long-running, well loved franchises
>>
>>375893558
Can't remember, I don't think he did though
>>
>Playing SMTxFE on Permanent Death mode
>Alice shows up
>She knows Die for Me

You will never know this horror.
>>
>>375893758
You've got me here thinking that your exposure to the SMT fanbase is plain nonexistent if you think Press Turn is hated or #FE is praised. Protip: They don't care about #FE period. Whenever the game was brought up on /smtg/ you'd always get told to fuck off to /feg/
>>
>>375893374
it kills me that i still havent been able to finish drawing this
>>
>>375893801
I think the aesthetic matches the atmosphere very well actually. The music and how battles play out complement that as well. Whether you like the package or not obviously depends on whether you can tolerate idol culture or not.

My biggest turn off is how this game was first advertised as "SMT x FE". They should've just announced it as "Nintendo x ATLUS" instead of giving us false expectations and pulling the rug out underneath us.
>>
>>375893962
>Whether you like the package or not obviously depends on whether you can tolerate idol culture or not.
That's exactly the issue.
If they wanted to make an idol JRPG, they should've just made an idol JRPG. Why attach that aesthetic to a crossover between two things completely unrelated to idols? Just make it a completely separate game.
Even calling it a Nintendo x ATLUS game would have still had a ton of people disappointed for much the same reasons. Those two companies don't deal in idolshit, so churning out an overdesigned fanservicey idol game would catch a lot of people off guard.
>>
>>375894142
Read >>375887870 and >>375886996

There was never a SMT X FE.
>>
>>375883132
barneyfag pls
>>
>>375883132
>>375894238
https://derpibooru.org/301917
>>
>>375886697
Literally /our game/.
>>
>>375893910
>using /smtg/ as an example
>who like SJ
Not my conversation to say it but your logic don't add up boy.
>>
>>375880548
I don't think that would've helped that much, to be honest. The tone of the game is a fucking 180 compared to SMT, it doesn't attract the same kind of people who love idolshit. It's a game which doesn't really have a market, Persona fans are turned off by the lack of any time management system, SMT fans are turned off by the idolshit, idolshitters are turned off by the fact that it has actual gameplay, FE fans are turned off by the modern setting. It tried to be a game for everyone, which made it a game nobody likes
>>
>>375894493
You can like SJ and still think its combat is weaker than the other games, anon. And I think that's the case, most people praise SJ for its plot and characters and alignments and crazy dungeon layouts that scream "fuck you, you're here forever" , not the combat.
>>
>>375894216
That's still not the point anon.
They attached Fire Emblem and SMT elements to a JRPG about idols with a matching aesthetic.
Why?
Why not save those elements for a different game and just make a JRPG about idols that has nothing to do with those series? They alienated a lot of the people that would otherwise be pulled in to the game borrowing from those two series. You can blame how they advertised it, but I think it was a stupid move to make the collaboration between the two an idol-themed JRPG in the first place. It's a game that doesn't appeal to the people it should have been appealing to and tries to appeal to a completely different audience instead, and this is the result.
>>
>>375894665
you have the awakening audience that cares more about romancing characters than the actual game to blame for that
>>
>>375894629
Problem being that the last thing anyone every complains about when it comes to SJ is the battle system anon.
Do you honestly think they would like a game if 90% of the gameplay was trash?
>>
>>375894820
And the funny part is, #FE fails on that front too
>>
It was more Persona 3 with a dash of FE.

I really really hated how slow the battles would be.

Sessions should of had the option to be sped up.
>>
>>375894930
It's passable and playable but not good when compared to the other games is what I'm trying to get at.
>>
>>375894938
>I really really hated how slow the battles would be.
They're short as fuck though bar bosses. Sessions only made things faster.
>>
Now that this thread is dead I can end it with "Raindrop Memories is the best song in the game"

Raindrop Memories is the best song in the game
>>
>>375890047
Whoa, I know they're all based around real places and shit, but that's like 1:1 exactly the same layout as the station square in P5. Did they literally use the same map? Not even saying that in a derogatory way to either game, but it's just interesting.
>>
>>375894938
>It was more Persona 3 with a dash of FE.
The funny thing about all the peoples saying it was like Persona is that if they actually just made a Persona-like game with a dash of FE and dropped the stupid idol thing people would have fucking loved that game.
>>
>>375895097
That's not Black Rain.
>>
File: 1493693695453.png (214KB, 315x352px) Image search: [Google]
1493693695453.png
214KB, 315x352px
>>375895240
Have ever been in japan? Or played other games?

That is common as fuck location.
>>
File: neverever.jpg (39KB, 256x384px) Image search: [Google]
neverever.jpg
39KB, 256x384px
>>375895240
It really makes you think isnt it?
>>
>>375895097
Thats not dream catcher.
>>
>>375895240
are you surprised when Times Square looks the same in every game too?
>>
>>375895240
Dude, why wouldn't the same place look the same if they're both making an accurate representation?
>>
File: IMG_7288.jpg (100KB, 644x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7288.jpg
100KB, 644x1024px
Bloom Palace ni youkoso!
>>
>>375895736
She's probably the only character I still remember clearly from the game, honestly.
>>
File: image.jpg (351KB, 1242x1242px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
351KB, 1242x1242px
Never 4get
>>
>>375891353
Not him, but I bought the console and game on launch week after watching gameplay videos.
>>
>>375896160
Forneus was too good for this world
>>
>>375896160
DECARABIA WAITED SO LONG ;_;
>>
File: 1366839040110.jpg (35KB, 332x248px) Image search: [Google]
1366839040110.jpg
35KB, 332x248px
>Take an RPG series that focuses on religious themes and dark tones
>Mix it with a series about war
>Get an Idolshit game
>>
>>375896883
To be fair, Awakening was already doing away with the whole war aspect and making it more about waifus, so it's not as far off as you think for FE.
>>
>>375896883
>war in the entertainment industry
>false idols
I mean, why not I guess.
>>
File: 21615156456.jpg (1MB, 1280x1396px) Image search: [Google]
21615156456.jpg
1MB, 1280x1396px
Who will win in a fair fight?
>>
>>375896985
Define fair.
>>
File: 1491523276074.png (47KB, 180x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491523276074.png
47KB, 180x240px
>>375896985
Explain further.

Because #FE cast have much bullshit as Potter kun.
>>
File: 1482478662399.jpg (231KB, 542x537px) Image search: [Google]
1482478662399.jpg
231KB, 542x537px
>>375896985
>P5 cast has guns
>#FE cast just has medieval weapons
Just shoot them all in the head lmao
>>
>>375896985
>Les Fantomes, a Tarachino Film
who would watch it?
>>
>>375897137
Arrows, and only one that have weakness is Tsubasa.

Mamori alone can tank hueg ass sessions in late game.
>>
>>375896985
dude if any of the #FE cast hit a weak point they all get a hit, the P5 team would be gone in two turns max
>>
File: 1456567276261.jpg (166KB, 1017x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1456567276261.jpg
166KB, 1017x1019px
>>375897137
>P5 cast has guns
Yeah, toy guns.
>>
>>375897224
Sessions get cancelled if they get blocked somehow.

And they get a lot of resistances later on.
>>
>>375897195
Every human is weak to a bullet in the head.
>>375897240
Their guns are real if their enemy believes they are real. And since they get fake guns that look like real guns, the #FE characters would think they're real and would thus be able to get hurt by them.
>>
>>375897316
that's only if they are in the cognitive world
>>
>>375897167
I just want Atlus to go full Shyamalan and merge them, even for one spin-off, like PQ or some shit.
>>
File: 1492540220490.jpg (255KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492540220490.jpg
255KB, 1280x720px
>>375897316
#FE cast have their own share of bullshit, So P5, but going by just gameplay factors, They could plow P5 cast easy.
>>
>>375897357
For the sake of a fair fight, they'd have to be in a world where both their abilities are able to be utilized to the fullest. So it'd be a combination of the cognitive world in P5 with the Mirage world.
>>
>>375897316
>Every human
What about human-mirage hybrids?
>>
>>375879238
Someone said this plays like a mixture of Strange Journey and Digital Devil Saga, how accurate is that because that sounds rad as fuck.
>>
>>375896985
>Itsuki can give one extra turn to everyone and one of his attacks makes the target susceptible to anything
huh
>>
>>375897167
We got halfway there.
>>
>>375897632
It's a lot like Strange Journey but it's nothing like Digital Devil Saga apart from having set party members instead of demons. And even then, that has more in common with Persona than DDS since they have a set skill list like in Persona while in DDS you can customize characters with Mantras.
>>
>>375897632
It's hard to explain.
All you need to know is the battle system is good except for the animations
>>
>>375897632
Watch gameplay.
>>
>>375897632
its very DDSish. I don't know where people get the idea that it plays like SJ though.
>>
>>375897860
Session system works a bit like Demon coop. Hit some weakness get session, so enemies with you. Sessions stop when hit some limit or hit a null/repel/drain
>>
>>375897749
Dude on what planet is the gameplay like SJ? It's not even first person.
>>
>>375897632
Pretty accurate, DDS dungeon crawling and set party with an amped up version of the SJ battle system.
>>
>>375897374
Will Heat and Chie get along?
>>
>>375897374
There is almost nothing I would want more than this.
>>
>>375898546
What does first person have to do with it? It has the same exact weakness mechanics and was made by the same team, you'd have to be blind to not see the similarities.
>>375898593
Again, it has more in common with Persona than DDS. You even hit enemies to engage battle the same way as in P3 and P4 while in DDS, it was random encounters. I said this before, but to me it seems pretty obvious that there was some back and forth between the #FE dev team and Persona 5 dev team to share game ideas because there are a lot of similarities.
>>
>>375898608
Why don't we have a DDS outfit DLC for P5?
>>
File: 1493429866437.png (165KB, 400x362px) Image search: [Google]
1493429866437.png
165KB, 400x362px
>>375898742
>. You even hit enemies to engage battle the same way as in P3 and P4

You hit the enemies just Like SMT4, you dumb faggot. There is no proper random encounters like old games. #FE staff is same as DeSu staff to boot.

You are sprouting shit from you keyboard.
>>
It's a SMT game with references to FE. So I guess FE got burned. Good game though.
>>
>>375898872
>You hit the enemies just Like SMT4
Nice try to make #FE seem like SMT yet again, babby. Persona did it first.
>>
>>375898742
Both of those replies are to me, are you basing the similarity to SJ on the battle system alone or something? Literally every other part of the game is different. It's not like Persona either because 90% of the game isn't spent doing VN shit, and regardless of whatever other similarities might be there the dungeon design alone sets it apart from Persona games except for 5. It plays much more like SMTIII and IV or, again, DDS. Your only real point is hitting enemies in the overworld but mainline has that now too. I don't doubt there is P5 influence, because it's retarded to think otherwise, but that doesn't mean the game is closer to Persona than it is to other megaten games.
>>
>>375898872
>#FE staff is same as DeSu staff to boot
That's the worst part. They had the perfect team to make an SMTxFE crossover SRPG but instead decided to make this garbage instead. And you can't say it would have sold like shit like Project X Zone because it already sold like shit as it is now anyway.
>>
>>375898608
>no dungeon that Demi drag Marie through with Dante from the devil may cry series.
>>
>>375878812
This game was actually good. Gave me a run for my money multiple times on hard mode. Kiria is best girl.
>>
>>375899165
How's the dungeon design? I'm actually considering picking this up after reading through this thread.
>>
>>375899287
Also the music is god tier but I'm into that idol stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUTy0SFAZF4

>>375899335
Nothing mindbreaking but you get some decent layouts later on in the game.
>>
>>375899335
Not quite as good as P5 but better than most other 3D megaten games.
>>
>>375899165
>It's not like Persona either because 90% of the game isn't spent doing VN shit
People always say this as a positive but it's not like #FE replaces the VN shit with anything of substance either. #FE's town is boring as fuck and the character sidequests that supposedly replace social links just amount to backtracking to previous dungeons. It's not worthy of that praise if it doesn't do anything good either.
>>
File: IMG_6729.jpg (461KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6729.jpg
461KB, 800x900px
>>375899287
>not Tiki-chan
>>
>>375899404
I enjoyed the character interactions, reason enough to do the side stuff. Not to mention a couple of them had hard bosses to get through. The game is short but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
>>
>>375898593
>DDS dungeon crawling
Are we talking tedious like the Sun from DDS2?
>>
>>375899404
The point is that it throws you into dungeons, which are an afterthought in Persona games. The life sim bullshit is replaced with dungeon crawling. P5 balances it better than prior Persona games but #FE's approach of not having it at all is fucking refreshing.
>>
how is there so little porn
>>
>>375899513
>The game is short
Why do I have 88 hours clocked in my first playthrough then?
>>
>>375899576
Because you probably read at the level of an African child if it took you that long.
>>
>>375899550
There's only one dungeon in #FE I'd call tedious and even it really wasn't that bad.
>>
>>375899576
Devs said around 40h, which is kinda true if you don't do that much.
Going for 100% of course takes time.
>>
>>375899565
Literal definition of niche.
>>
>>375899404
The replacement is actually playing the game anon.
>>
>>375899442
It's not like the game has any bad girls.

>>375899576
You probably did all the worthless shit required to 100%. I only did the main story and all major sidequests, plus a couple normal quests from NPCs.
>>
>>375899704
Apparently to you, it's just a matter of "if it doesn't do it like Persona, it's good."

Any GOOD JRPG in general has fun side things to do in their towns, #FE has nothing of the sort. There's dungeons, there's shops to buy things for said dungeons, and there's your character sidequests. That's it. It's fucking dull.
>>
>>375899704
Also on the worst selling system of the generation at the end of its lifespan, it's a miracle this game sold ten copies.
>>
>>375899817
Whoops meant to reply to >>375899651
>>
>>375899814
>Any GOOD JRPG in general has fun side things to do in their towns
Etrian Odyssey.
I rest my case.
>>
>>375899916
EO has boner inducing shopkeepers though.
>>
>>375899916
EO is purposefully designed to play and feel like old Wizardry RPGs though. I mean more like the difference between FF7 having the Gold Saucer and FF13 having fucking nothing but hallways and shops in between hallways.
>>
>>375899814
>Any GOOD JRPG in general has fun side things to do in their towns
You'd be surprised at how many RPGs just have towns as restock and upgrade stations. Also Persona flooding the game with text instead of legitimate gameplay is worse from any standpoint.
>>
>>375899814
#FE town is basically just a hub to get to the action. A JRPG doesn't need towns filled with interesting stuff to be good.
>>
File: image001.jpg (334KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
334KB, 640x426px
>>375899817
The game was made to promote VAs. Nintendo and Atlus never lost a single penny into the game. Mostly because they know how to budget and Avex were the ones behind the VAs and Songs.

They made the money out of merch, CDs are expensive as the game is and it sold a lot of concert tickets. Avex said that they got happy with results. Also the game sold like 300k global. A lot of games sell less than this and make profit.
>>
File: persona4_dungeon.jpg (26KB, 468x265px) Image search: [Google]
persona4_dungeon.jpg
26KB, 468x265px
>>375900151
>Also Persona flooding the game with text instead of legitimate gameplay is worse from any standpoint.
Wrong, the entire strength and focus is on the characters and story. I'd rather read text then go through one hundred floors of pic related.
>>
>>375899916
That's a dungeon crawler
>>
>>375900151
>>375900157
Considering there's only one town in the entire game, I don't think it's very wrong to expect some fun things to do in it instead of just being a restock station. Maybe if #FE was an adventure taking place over multiple locations like other RPGs, it'd be okay.
>>
>>375900039
#FE was is a crossover between two series that are primarily gameplay focused with character interactions usually being an afterthought, with the exception of more recent entries on the part of FE and a particularly popular spinoff on the part of SMT. I can get why someone might expect the social aspects to be a main focus but surely you can understand why they aren't.
>>
>>375900270
Does that mean SMT sucks because you can only explore Tokyo?
Or that SJ sucks because your "hubtown" is a tank?
>>
File: ed7fcbc88761ef420ede25d8c0142e1c.jpg (709KB, 1280x904px) Image search: [Google]
ed7fcbc88761ef420ede25d8c0142e1c.jpg
709KB, 1280x904px
>>375900270
It just sounds like you want different things from your games, that's fine.
>>
>>375900270
>Considering there's only one town in the entire game, I don't think it's very wrong to expect some fun things to do in it instead of just being a restock station.
It's an RPG not Wario Ware.
>>
>>375900264
All MegaTen games are also dungeon crawlers, TMS included.
>>
>>375900346
>Does that mean SMT sucks because you can only explore Tokyo?
Tokyo is massive in SMT games and sprawls multiple smaller towns, how is that the same?
>Or that SJ sucks because your "hubtown" is a tank?
SJ works more like EO and again, EO is different.
>>
>>375900361
Does this game have L E W D costumes?
>>
>>375878812
Every one except for weebs. Weebs won. Everyone else lost.
>>
>>375900419
No! Only cute!*

*Said cute is less revealing in the west
>>
>>375900419
Yes. Some censored in NA/EU, but there's an uncensor patch.
>>
>>375900228
>the entire strength and focus is on the characters and story.
Yeah and you're supposed to be playing a video game not a novel.
>I'd rather read text then go through one hundred floors of pic related.
That's because the level design of persona took a straight nosedive when 3 rolled along. Hell general gameplay went to shit too.
>>
File: P5.jpg (390KB, 759x951px) Image search: [Google]
P5.jpg
390KB, 759x951px
>>375900539
>That's because the level design of persona took a straight nosedive when 3 rolled along. Hell general gameplay went to shit too.
Good thing they patched that up for some GOAT gameplay then.
>>
>>375900419
No, and NoA censorship is utter retarded mostly because outfits aren't that .... lewd.

The close thing that gets lewd is Maiko. as >>375899723

Kiria got changed before the release.
>>
File: nothing personnel kid.jpg (419KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nothing personnel kid.jpg
419KB, 1280x720px
>Stubborn dickhead turns out to be best bro
>>
>>375900585
If by GOAT you mean the same shit again only with twice the cutscenes and meaningless prattle than usual then I guess?
>>
>>375900674
Don't be a nigger, P5's dungeons are godly.
>>
>>375900709
>P5's dungeons are godly.
In comparison to 3 and 4.
In general it's still very poor.
>>
>>375900653
That's not Touma, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>375900781
The Casino is actually really good though, it also has a Nocturne reference which makes it even better.
The only poor one is the Space Ship.
>>
Putting aside being mad that it isn't the cool crossover you wanted, and putting aside the annoyance of censored costumes, is it actually a bad RPG?
>>
>>375900709
Calling Futaba's godly might be a stretch.
Mementos are still as awful as the previous entries.
I'll give you the rest, Kamoshida palace was pretty good for a first dungeon.
>>
>>375900829
The space ship would be cool as fuck if it wasn't so god damn impossible to do in one go. I hated it the most but it's probably one of the better dungeons in P5.
>>
File: phantom-todd.jpg (666KB, 2696x4044px) Image search: [Google]
phantom-todd.jpg
666KB, 2696x4044px
>>375900848
Not as good as Skyrim.
>>
>>375900848
As a game it's pretty great and it's not really bogged down by prattle.
>>
>>375900709
They're too linear for my taste.
>>
>>375900848
Not by a long shot. It's Atlus we're talking about here, anon.
>>
>>375900848
It's a solid RPG. Gives a good challenge on hard if you don't grind.
>>
Itsuki being such a Gary Stu was the best part.
>>
>>375900865
The first part of Futaba's was pretty good and it picked up again at the end, it wasn't that bad.
>>
>>375900848
>Atlus
>Bad games
>>
File: 1487345961915.jpg (87KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487345961915.jpg
87KB, 800x450px
>>375901025
Well, He is, but at same time he is a supporting protag and kinda admits that he is quite there.
>>
>>375900904
It would've been better if they actually made the airlock sections actual puzzles instead of linearly guiding you through them all.
>>
File: 250px-Cubivorebox.jpg (27KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Cubivorebox.jpg
27KB, 250x355px
>>375901050
>>
File: ronde.png (2MB, 1151x988px) Image search: [Google]
ronde.png
2MB, 1151x988px
>>375901050
rondou happened, I didn't think a bad game without anything going for it by atlus was possible before finding about it either, it sucked so hard it killed the Majin Tensei series, closest thing to it now is DeSU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yT6avnWhio
>>
>>375901104
Did we do the same puzzles? I'm still not sure how I managed to figure out the last one, it was retardedly difficult.
>>
>>375901031
I'll give you the first part but the last part was just as bad as the middle
And it's not because of Anubis everywhere, but how linear it was.
>>
>>375901262
Did it ever occur to you that you might just be retarded?

>>375901156
>Cubivore
>bad
>>
>>375901262
There were literally two switches that you could do out of order where it started looping you around.
>>
>>375878812
Neither, only retards who jumped the gun with their expectations over a trailer that simply mentioned the studios were collaborating.
>>
>Tease a game
>Say it has elements of FE and SMT
>Fans of both series hype it up to unimaginable levels
>Disappointed with results

It's a good game.
>>
>>375900397
Why can't TMS crawl then? Checkmate atheists.
>>
>>375901690
It can but only in reverse.
>>
>>375901690
Oh you
>>
>>375900945
And TMS's aren't? Even DDS's were too. Only Nocturne and SJ's weren't if we're counting contemporary SMTs.
>>
>>375895356
Not my favorite song but the dance was cool.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BfdwkGuDemU
Why is this the best song?
>>
>>375901949
TMS isn't SJ level but I'd say its dungeons are at least as good as Nocturne's.
>>
>>375902032
Stop huffing that glue man, nothing in TMS even comes close to the Tower of Kagutsuchi.
>>
>>375902091
>Tower of Kagutsuchi.
That dungeon sucks though, it and the White Temple are littered with random teleporters that rely solely on trial and error.
>>
>>375902091
>moraie sisters
you're right, the dungeons where you fought the four Devas and got the Masakados magatama was better
>>
>>375878812
This game was a nice surprise after the disappointing shitfest that was SMT4A

Certainly one of the most charismatic games Atlus has crapped out, I was never bored with it
>>
>>375903810
What a casual.
>>
File: 1474907147038.jpg (68KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1474907147038.jpg
68KB, 500x321px
>>375903810
>Apocalypse
>Disappointing
>>
File: hachiko-statue-1.png (2MB, 1556x1054px) Image search: [Google]
hachiko-statue-1.png
2MB, 1556x1054px
>>375895240
>Did they literally use the same map?
>>
>>375905417
what mmo is this? Looks pretty realistic, there are even niggers here
>>
File: hachiko-statue-2.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
hachiko-statue-2.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>
File: SMtxFE_Unknown_Character_Poster.jpg (54KB, 239x337px) Image search: [Google]
SMtxFE_Unknown_Character_Poster.jpg
54KB, 239x337px
needed more toku / 10
or be made only about toku
>>
File: Kiria.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kiria.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 1492652938970.png (251KB, 819x745px) Image search: [Google]
1492652938970.png
251KB, 819x745px
>>375878812
>he doesn't null all
>>
>>375878929
fpbp
>>
>>375906830
i played it you fag
>>
File: 1424223865335.jpg (57KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1424223865335.jpg
57KB, 500x501px
>99 other IPs.
>Probably just half of those played this shit.

I'm very happy this dumpster fire of a game bombed as hard as it did. Atlus probably didn't feel it since they whored themselves out for that Avex money, but at least they know that their audience doesn't give a single fuck about this kind of garbage.
>>
>>375908134
>being salesfag retard
50 people on chinese imageboard about taiwanese cartoons played nice niche game and enjoyed it, I'd say it's more than could be said for other niche titles
>>
>>375908134
Whored out games that plays well > the trash Persona has become
You're the reason the video game industry is going to shit.
>>
>>375878812
You talk like someone has played it
>>
>>375908134
Your say that but you can clearly see the time and effort that went into the game.
>>
>>375878812
People who like both.
>>
>>375909487
But I like both series and enjoyed the spinoff for what it is. A spinoff.
>>
>>375909642
>A spinoff.
that seems real hard concept to grasp for people who build cloud castle in their head after teaser which had shown literally nothing
>>
>>375909268

>Time and effort.

It's a scrapped Vita game half-assedly ported to the Wii U, complete with massive loading screens for literally every battle and menus that'll crash the game if you scroll too quickly sometimes.
>>
>>375910356
>complete with massive loading screens for literally every battle and menus that'll crash the game if you scroll too quickly sometimes
Is this the cemu experience?
>>
File: gsgsdg.jpg (36KB, 434x584px) Image search: [Google]
gsgsdg.jpg
36KB, 434x584px
has anyone tried it with Cemu?
>>
>tfw both Fire emblem fan and SMT fan
Appearantly they went with idolshit after the trailer showing crossover trailer which is dumb as fuck since people got hyped to see Hector and aleph duking it out and all the fan art that was made. I despise idolshit so even if the combat is decent it does not make up for everything else. Why settle and play a game with serviceable combat when the tone and everything else is garbage?
>>
>>375911360
>Appearantly they went with idolshit after the trailer showing crossover trailer which is dumb as fuck since people got hyped to see Hector and aleph duking it out and all the fan art that was made
Destroyed cloud castles of dreams are entirely your dumb fault tho.
>>
File: SMTxFE.webm (3MB, 791x441px) Image search: [Google]
SMTxFE.webm
3MB, 791x441px
>>375911617
>Destroyed cloud castles of dreams are entirely your dumb fault tho.

no,it's the fault of the devs for either:
1. Making that trailer in the first place
or
2. Not announcing soon after it came out that the crossover was scrapped and they were going down the idol cancer route.
>>
>>375911360
>people got hyped to see Hector and aleph duking it out and all the fan art that was made
Because https://youtu.be/OK5-EIzDtKo gave so much basis for speculation of that sort?
>>
>>375911724
>Not announcing soon after it came out that the crossover was scrapped
But it was never scrapped. Why would they announce that?
>>
File: 1458662095596.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458662095596.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Unironically loved #FE and all you fags are incapable of enjoying fun things.
>>
>>375911790
>But it was never scrapped.

except it was scrapped
>>
>>375911724
>1. Making that trailer in the first place
maybe bad idea, but considering amount of companies pulling out from Wii U after meh launch, they needed to announce something. Still your fault on building game of your dreams on literally nothing.
>2. Not announcing soon after it came out that the crossover was scrapped and they were going down the idol cancer route.
crossover wasn't scrapped. TMS is perfectly fine crossover. just isn't one you wanted, deal with it
>>375911823
who knew that SMT and FE fags can be such bunch of whiny faggots, really
>>
>>375911617
>>375911746
>le cloud castles meme
>What you were expecting an actual crossover then the trailer not only fucking shows both casts from both serous featuring an x ie a crossover?!?!

It is so fucking different from SMT and FE it is not even funny. Atlus fucked up by showing the trailer if they wanted to make a fe game show that do not show the cast of smt and fe together. I despise you people.

>>375911790
Yes it was. They decided to go the idolshit route AFTER the idea of a crossover/the trailer was announced. If you like idolshit that is fine. (You have shit taste but w.e) but don't fucking say it's the fans fault for making ideas when the trailer was the one thay gave everyone those idea.
>>
>>375911952
>TMS is perfectly fine crossover

I was reading the let's play. Where the fuck are the SMT characters interacting with FE characters?
>>
>>375911881
Why did they release a SMT x FE crossover game then?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eYf3OHqq9s
>>
>>375911987
>Why did they release a SMT x FE crossover game then?

except I see no crossover.
>>
I am convinced slowly that this board is filled with corporate cock suckers

>atlus dindu nuffin it's YOUR fault for making WILD assumptions that a trailer saying a crossover game would be a cross over game and not some random idol shit
>It has refrences to FE and a combat system like SMT (even though press turn is not here)
>>
>>375911969
>decided to go the idolshit route AFTER the idea of a crossover/the trailer was announced
Obviously. The game was in development hell and was even considered vaporware while Atlus tried to cross SMT worlds with FE or vice versa but instead created an entirely different world and just combined the battle systems. As a crossover and a spinoff, it does some new things while combining features from both series instead of trying to solely combine both series. Which is fundamentally a good thing.
>>
File: 1451274257192.jpg (2MB, 2000x3737px) Image search: [Google]
1451274257192.jpg
2MB, 2000x3737px
>>375912101
this image sums it up

aka "it's okay when Nintendo does it"
>>
>>375911969
>It is so fucking different from SMT and FE it is not even funny
Project x Zone different from every game franchise it included, so? It isn't a crossover game now?
>>375911985
>crossover MUST have characters from both franchises to work
that's usually the case, yeah. But I'd say it's not a must. Game blends a lot of FE and SMT stuff together that it becomes quite a crossover. If it was just references and not gameplay mechanics, I'd get your complain.
>>
>>375912203
>It's ok when the game is good
FTFY
>>
>>375912203
>Expecting anything out of a fucking slideshow
>>
>>375912163
It was not in devolment hell, they simply very shortly after the idea came out, changed it to idolshit

>>375912232
>game blends
I do not see anything relating to smt nor fe in this game what are you talking about? Atlus said them selves it's THEIR take onFE. Nothing to do with SMT thay got scraped. Wow jackfrost soda vending machines what a great cross over.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>375912324
>I do not see anything relating to smt nor fe in this game what are you talking about?
okay, I'm done wasting time on you.
if other anons are bored enough, they'll fill ya in.
>>
>>375912232
what SMT stuff?
>>
>>375912312
>show a trailer for a game
>has elements of the original
>such as collecting music notes
>game is about cars
>WOW WHY DID YOU EXPECT THIS GAME AND DID NOT HAVE THE FOR SIGHT FOR A CAR GAME

Why are #FE fans so cancer
>>
>>375879238

Come on now, SMT combat isn't that bad.
>>
>>375912203
fuck off Nuts and Bolts was a good game
>>
>>375912370
>has idol shit tikki
Sorry I forgot about that. Amazing basturdization

Where are the demons, are themes of smt? Law neuter chaos? YHVH, Lucifer etc? If for some reason you are into idolshit whatever but don't fucking say this game is a good crossover when it is not since atlus straight it up said, it is their take on FE.
>>
>>375912419
I was disappointed that none of the SMT characters showed up but you have to be stupid to expect the world from a slideslow with zero gameplay features and all it said was SMT x FE. They didn't even elaborate on what they were going to use from either property.
>>
>archanea only
>only character not from there is ilyana, who exemplifies the absolute worst of modern fire emblem
game is a waste
>>
Also refrences do not a cross over fucking make.

A KH type game where some protagonist goes into the world's of either SMT OR FE and uses demons or w.e with camoes from FE or SMT would have been much fucking better.
>>
>>375891661
Damn mate...
>>
>>375912554
>>375912554
Then they should have just showed the SMT X FE logo and that's it. Showing any characters or art, especially when they are from previous games, already sets some expectations for the mood and art of the new game.
>>
>>375912680
>show old artwork from old game
>NEW GAME WILL HAVE SAME ARTWORK GUYZ
>>
>>375912324
>simply very shortly after the idea came out
The teaser came out in 2013 and the idol trailer came out in 2015. There was literally 2 years of radio silence and the concept could've been dropped any time between, or even they were even considering the aesthetics shown in the teaser in the first place or were just lazy, slapping in already used sprite assets, which they did.
>>
>>375912554
After showing the cast of mainline and if..., they had a big as X then FE. No, I nor anyone else expecting a actual cross over game is dumb for expecting this. It was shown to be a cross over game and that what is was going to be originally but for whatever reason, made it into idolshit. The original intent of the trailer was to promote a crossover game and was why that promotion of SMT IV + Awakening and you get 30 bucks on the estop was a thing.

Fuck you
>>
>>375912470
>SMT combat isn't that bad
True, it's worse in 1, 2 and 4.
>>
>>375912730
That's fine and all, but the fucking trailer was shown to be a crossover. I clearly understand they fucking changed it but thay doest change the fact that we got bamboozled. To say the trailer did not imply a cross over is fucking dumb
>>
File: SMTxFE2.webm (2MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
SMTxFE2.webm
2MB, 854x480px
>>375912730
>There was literally 2 years of radio silence and the concept could've been dropped any time between

considering the final product, the concept was dropped
>>
>years go by
>salt still continues
I'd get if you wouldn't get any SMT/FE/Persona games meanwhile at all, but holy crap let it go already, the fuck is wrong with you people.
>>
>>375912847
That implies there was a concept to drop.
>>
File: namco vs capcom.jpg (86KB, 646x431px) Image search: [Google]
namco vs capcom.jpg
86KB, 646x431px
>>375912714
>show old characters from old game for new game
>"nope, not in the new game after all, GOT YA"
>>
>>375912889
>That implies there was a concept to drop.

there was a concept. A crossover between SMT and FE
>>
>>375912869
Because it was a good game and that's unacceptable for a game I didn't want.
>>
>>375912929
>using never released JP only game for example which you probably don't have a clue when and how it was announced.
if you have, plz scans, I like scans.
>>
>>375912976
But why are there SMT and FE in the finished product name?
>>
>>375913069
what SMT?
>>
>>375913105
TMS
>>
>>375913049
meant never released in west
>>
>>375912889
After the trailer was shown.
The trailer advertised the concept
Then got droped
It's a fucking scummy move and they should have told us hey we are canceling this amazing idea that can advertise for both niche franchises

Also in that case no one was building dream clouds or whatever.

>>375913069
#FE is just atlus making a fe game. That is it.
>>
>>375913020
>TMS
>good game

Nope. Story is shit, music and visuals are even worse, the combat is braindead "press y to highlight enemy weaknesses, hit enemy weakness with one of your skills, watch party members do their session attacks, repeat till they die", and the leveling progression is a joke "get weapon, master it, replace weapon, master the next weapon, continue doing this with every weapon till you reach the end".
>>
>>375913049
>projecting this hard
>>
>>375913180
>The trailer advertised the concept
>Then got droped
it wasn't tho, concept just wasn't finalized at that point cause it was at start of production phase
>It's a fucking scummy move and they should have told us hey we are canceling this amazing idea that can advertise for both niche franchises
they don't owe you shit for your shit fantasies
>>
A turn based fire emblem game, with 3d models of fe guys and demons and press turn would have been rad if atlus was going to make an fe game why not do that.
>>
>>375913180
>#FE is just atlus making a fe game
Why does it play nothing like the FE games?
>>
>>375913130
get a real argument next time
>>
>>375913384
>n-not argument
Every time.
>>
>>375899558
it's also not a persona game
>>
>>375913350
Beats me. But that Is what they said. I hate it to anon.

>>375913246
>just was not finalized
Then maybe they should not have shown the trailer since the trailer was straight out said hey its going to be a cross over, you god dam bootlicker.
>>
>>375913405
he said that the TMS is the SMT part of this "crossover"

how is it an argument?
>>
>>375913185
That's a minority opinion though.
>>
>>375913494
>niche game considered good by niche it was made for
water is wet
>>
>>375913494
TMS is a minority game.
>>
>>375913483
You see, if the developer had dropped the concept of making a SMT and FE crossover, they wouldn't put it in the title, now would they?
>>
>>375913453
>Then maybe they should not have shown the trailer since the trailer was straight out said hey its going to be a cross over, you god dam bootlicker.
it is a crossover
>he disagrees with me, that means he is a filthy shill and fanboy
change the record.
>>
>>375913543
It's some how more niche then a game franchise as controversial and hard to sell as SMT.
>>
>>375913601
so? game is decent enough so whatever how it sold. Only people mad at it is crybaby faggots who can't let it go
>>
>>375913596
>cross over
>No sighn of any theme characters or enemies from smt
You are a bootlicker if you think showing a trailer showing one thing and delivering something else is aok. Like with nuts and bolts. Atlus fucked up simple as that.
>>
>>375913543
But that doesn't make it a bad game now does it?
>>
>>375913701
can you see anyone criticize actual gameplay heavily here? I don't. Gameplay maybe not spectacular, but it's decent jRPG wise. Everything else is taste thing.
>>
>>375913701
It means the niche's opinion on the game is pointless since they are already biased towards liking it, no matter the quality. Debating them would be like debating a poster saying "I like TMS and everything in it".
>>
>>375913679
>game is decent
Why would I Wanna play a 80 game that is only decent?

Also I was simply making a remark that I found to be amusing. If they stuck to the original idea it would have been less niche and both franchises would also have been brought out of the wood works.

>crybaby faggots
Soon people here will defend ME3 ending.
>>
>>375913694
>You are a bootlicker if you think showing a trailer showing one thing and delivering something else is aok. Like with nuts and bolts. Atlus fucked up simple as that.
>trailer
it's a teaser without shown anything from game, even the concepts. Not a single sketch. Even Atlus new fantasy RPG shown more and it was just one character artwork.
If there was shown entirely other game and then changed dramatically then you'd be right. But you seem more like salty retard and nothing more.
>>
>>375913904
It was changed drasticly though idiot.

Where is the SMT? Atlus themselves said it was changed after the trailer.
>>
>>375913845
You are not forced to play this game as far I gather, when people don't want to play particular games, they don't play them and play other ones. Not that hard of a concept.
Or you are just mad that someone *GASP* can actually like this game DESPITE YOUR HATE TOWARDS IT?
THE HORROR, IT'S UNREAL.
THIS ABOMINATION HURTS YOUR POOR FEELINGS, OH NO.
yawn
>>
>>375913904
>b-b-but it's just a teaser
>teasing aspects of previous games you aren't going to put in the new game

That's not teasing. That's deliberately misinforming your audience to generate hype based on the reverence for the previous games of both franchises and I'm glad it backfired so hard.
>>
>>375913810
But that same logic could be applied to any JRPG that leaves japan. All of them are geared towards a niche outside of japan, with the size of the niche being a non-issue since the majority will still consider it shit.
>>
>>375912929
Namco X Capcom and Project X Zone fucking suck as video games though, while #FE is a good game.
>>
>>375914007
>Where is the SMT?
most gameplay mechanics, dungeons, items.
>It was changed drasticly though idiot.
point was that there was nothing to change
>>
>>375913845
>Soon people here will defend ME3 ending.

I thought they were after Andromeda came out
>>
>>375914059
>That's deliberately misinforming your audience to generate hype based on the reverence for the previous games of both franchises and I'm glad it backfired so hard.
>hey guys, we are at beginning stages making something related to this two franchises
>release games related to two franchises
>MISINFORMATION, I FEEL SCAMMED
>>
File: 1492990357450.png (2MB, 1193x2009px) Image search: [Google]
1492990357450.png
2MB, 1193x2009px
>>375914096
>this shit tastes
>>
>>375914007
>Atlus themselves said it was changed after the trailer.
It was changed from grid based FE gameplay to turn based SMT gameplay. Where have you read anything about the style of the game being changed?
>>
>>375914012
I don't care if some one likes this game or not.

I simply said why would I, me, myself, play a decent game? And that was not my original point, my point was that It some how sold less then games that are hard to market it it's kinda funny looking at it.

>>375914101
>gameplay
I do not see press turn
>dungeons
So now every game with a dungeon is a smt refrences/cross over
>items
Pretty fucking small

>>375914170
Game is nothing like SMT and only has a few refrences to FE AND FE in the name fuck off with this shit
>>
>>375914239
not that anon, but gameplay in PxZ was surely a bit mundane to say the least. Top tier character interaction tho. I miss Sanger and Frank in 2nd one...
>>
>>375914263
>to turn based SMT gameplay

that shit in Hashtag FE is SMT gameplay?
>>
>>375914263
>style has changed
If they wanted to make some idolshit, it would have been shown on the teaser.
Re fantasy wants to be medieval and they showed medieval stuff.
The trailer was a fucking lie
>>
>>375914386
Did I stutter?
>>
>>375914468
>If they wanted to make some idolshit, it would have been shown on the teaser
Or they had nothing yet to show of the game because development had started 2 months prior. They just slapped together some ready-to-go assets and called it a day.
>>
>>375914321
>I don't care if some one likes this game or not.
doesn't look like that after you go after any positive mention as mad dog
>my point was that It some how sold less then games that are hard to market it it's kinda funny looking at it.
so? Your point that you are dumb salesfag? okay than, saves me time.
>>
>>375914554
>>375914554
Yes it was a poor move that got everyone, fans from both franchises, to think it will be a real crossover. Hence all the fan art. No one in the right minds thought it would turn into idolshit.
>>
>>375914554
>it's okay if they deliberately misinformed their audience because they were lazy

TMSfags everyone.
>>
>>375914587
>making a humorous observation makes me a sale fag

Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>375914740
caring about sales period makes you a salesfag
>>
>>375914775
I don't care about the sales, other than from a schadenfreude perspective to see how their terrible teasing of a SMT x FE game completely backfired and resulted in poor sales for TMS.
>>
>>375914663
It literally informed of a creation of a crossover of the two series being in works. It was also considered a crossover by everyone - except those who found the setting unacceptable - including the developer.
>>
>>375914906
>I don't care about the sales
>I just point out and follow sales of games to shitpost
>but I reaaaaaally don't care about sales, trust me.
sure
>>
>>375914970
basically entire argument should've ended at this.
but it'd be too reasonable
>>
>>375914970
>>375914970
The only people I have seen to consider this a cross over are people who like this game.

Having items does not a crossover make
>>
>>375915012
>follow sales
>reading up on the horrible sales of TMS once is "following sales"
>being this retarded

The only following going on here is your buyer's remorse for a game you didn't actually want but had to gobble up due to your blind fanboyism for everything SMT and Nintendo.
>>
>>375915126
And if we have to call it a crossover it does such horrible job at it, people are arguing that it's not (which it is not a crossover)

>Muh jack dross vending machines
>>
>>375915131
too bad I have about triple games for PS3 and PS4 vs what I have for Wii and Wii U. But whatever will help you sleep at night.
>>
https://youtu.be/BNQ_I_QiJkU?t=51s

It will always hurt
Thread posts: 540
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.