[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGS3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: MGS3.png (711KB, 844x1032px) Image search: [Google]
MGS3.png
711KB, 844x1032px
So is the 3DS release the definitive version?
>>
>>375876668
Nope. Controls like a stiff piece of shit. Even stiffer than PW. It's also too easy with the ability to aim and move at the same time.
>>
>>375876668
The higher poly face is only during cutscenes. In-game it's some shiny shit that looks bad. Original release had almost no specular mapping except for certain objects like The Fury's suit and the bag on Snake's head during the torture scene, but the 3DS version has specular everywhere, everything is shiny to hide the crappy textures.
>>
If you don't care about audio quality or frame drops or resolution or multiplayer and snake vs monkeys
>>
>>375876668
No it runs live absolute ass and controls like shit also this >>375877292
>>
i kind of wish there was an option to be able to use the 3ds version's crouch walking in the hd collection
>>
Either the original Subsistence version emulated for content (They cut out a lot of stuff in later versions) or HD version for how easy it is to find and restoring the 60 FPS Framerate (Only negatives are some glitches and missing content from the subsistence version).

3DS version has crouchwalking, camo that you can get with pictures, and better cutscene faces but has absolutely shit framerate, areas that are far lower quality, and controls terribly even on the New 3DS/Circle Pad Pro. Its also missing a lot more of the subsistence stuff.

Vita version is playable and is the better of the two for porables, but does drop the framerate back down to 30 FPS. Great for replaying it, but not for your first time.
>>
>>375876668
Are we just going to ignore how terrible his hand looks on the 3DS one?
>>
>>375876668
>can crouch walk in the 3ds
>can see 3rd person while crawling through grass
Without a doubt the best version.
>>
I like how the Snake Eater intro plays right for the Vita port and nothing else. On the console HD collection, the audio is out of sync with the intro.
>>
>>375877581
>>375877292
Thank you for the quality posts, gentlemen. This might come off as sarcastic but it's not.
>>
The 3ds version runs at 20 fps max
That's fucking unplayable, and it gets even worse in cutscenes.
No idea why they thought it was good idea to port MGS3, MGS2 would have worked a lot better for the 3ds.
>>
>>375877909
>"but the texture on the finger is lowe quality than the original."
>>
>>375877909
The 3DS one's anti-aliasing is fucked everywhere anyways
>>
>>375876668
The best thing the 3DS version had was crouch walking.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.