[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You've all seen an image like this. A guide for approximating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 9PGer.jpg (736KB, 2077x1112px) Image search: [Google]
9PGer.jpg
736KB, 2077x1112px
You've all seen an image like this. A guide for approximating circles in cube-based building games like Minecraft. It's alright enough once you get up to like 15... but it makes certain assumptions:

1. The only shape available are regular cubes.

2. The cubes must be placed aligned in a fixed grid pattern.

So. If you remove these two restrictions, adding sloped blocks and arbitrary block dimensions and allowing arbitrary alignment, what's the best way to approximate a circle then? What's the equivalent of this image for a game like Avorion?
>>
ask Microsoft support
>>
autism
>>
With arbitrary block dimensions, you would use infinitely small blocks to get a circle with a perfect resolution.
>>
File: 1484367321129.jpg (4KB, 114x113px) Image search: [Google]
1484367321129.jpg
4KB, 114x113px
>>375874474
>see this image only applicable with grid based construction for circle approximation?
>turns out it's not strictly applicable anymore if you use if for non-grid-based constructions!
Thanks for the tip, bub.
>>
I'm pretty sure tat specific ressource you're asking for does not exist on the internet.
You're gonna have to think this through yourself. You could start by making a circle with anti-aliasing on in any image editing software and zooming in to see how each pixel looks like.
>>
Did you seriously just make a thread about circles
>>
>>375874474
just draw a circle. are you retarded or something?
>>
One simple solution would be to cut the dimension of the blocks by some factor, multiplying the "radius" used for the purposes of the Minecraft chart, thus making the result smoother. There's a limit placed on this solution by the game; once the blocks get small enough they become too fragile for a warship.

>>375874646
What I'm asking cannot be done in Minecraft. Why would they know?

>>375874769
>>375875005
I may have to apply weaponized autism and brute force something by trying different stuff and eyeball it

>>375874983
I'm asking if there's an equivalent for non-grid based constructions

>>375875025
I seriously did
>>
File: circle.jpg (140KB, 660x1305px) Image search: [Google]
circle.jpg
140KB, 660x1305px
>>375875238
>I'm asking if there's an equivalent for non-grid based constructions

I'm sure you have little idea how these things actually work but here's an appoximation

Circles in games are usually just polygons. If you're dead set on using cubes for some dumb reason then just face them like this.
>>
>>375874474
For a circle, it'd just be:
>Figure out how big you want it and place a guideline made of blocks/whatever the game supports from the center-point out, these are radius lines, you want either 4 or 8 of them
>Do identical curves from each radius line to the next
And you're done.
>>
>>375874474

> Things would be different, if they were different!

No shit, sherlock.
>>
File: 3.png (159KB, 472x357px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
159KB, 472x357px
>try to make circle/360 degrees arch in hammer 2007
>every brush is connected to the next
>try to cut it in half so I have two semicircles
>it just subdivides them but they're still stuck to each other
>wind up either making 90 degree arches and smashing them together or something like >>375875929 with an assload of angled brushes in a big box to cut down on visleaves
god damn I hate me some translation of 2D drawings and designs into 3D
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.