[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NOMIRRORS: The Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Who here is hoping for a decent Systemshock/Bioshock/Dishonored hybrid game? Glad I got a key for $35, because it aint worth no $60 in it's current state. The fact that it's namesake game from eleven years ago has mirrors, while in the future every mirror is a sheet of fucking brushed steel really burns my ass. Anyone hoping CPY takes a crack at it, if they really figured out Denuvo V4?
>>
>mirrors turn a $35 game into a $60 one
Ok, OP.
>>
>>375870386
It really confuses me. The game still has cool fucking portals tech as seen by the fake window in your apartment when you smash it still showing the city in the unsmashed parts.

But they couldnt adapt that into fucking mirrors?
>>
>>375870782
Thats only one of many things that bother me about the game, but it's a glaring omission that's downright unforgivable. Every "real game footage" trailer features morgan looking at his red eye in the mirror, and then when you actually play, it's a big fat NOPE. The game fell short in a lot of regards, and that's only the stuff we know about in the gameplay shown sofar on youtube. I really wanted it to be good.
>>
>>375871139
Having working mirrors is a lot of work, on top of having to render the scene twice, you have to make an actual character model and give it animations that don't look retarded.
Old games could get away with it because they looked like shit but it's a lot more work now if you don't want it to look retarded, and with next to no pay-off.
>>
File: Paranoia2 - 3.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Paranoia2 - 3.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>375870386
>free game made on goldsource -motherfucking Half Life 1 engine (!)- by some drunken russians has working mirrors

How can devs of multi million dollar projects which use the most modern technology and game engines sleep at night?
>>
>>375871648
It really breaks immersion though. I bet they won't even make an excuse for it. If games like original prey and escape from butcher bay could pull it off 10-11 years ago, they could have taken the time to do it today.
>>
>>375871139
>glaring omission
>mirrors
You are everything I hate about gaming culture.
>>
File: nr2hy.jpg (20KB, 480x344px) Image search: [Google]
nr2hy.jpg
20KB, 480x344px
>>375872093
>devs blatantly lie to you in trailers to bullshit you into thinking game will be technical masterpiece
>anon is the bad guy
>>
>>375870989
They could've. But you're not allowed to see yourself.
>>
File: 1461968410329.jpg (23KB, 318x307px) Image search: [Google]
1461968410329.jpg
23KB, 318x307px
>>375872012
Paranoia is so good.
>>
>>375872017
kys immersion fag
>>
>>375872017
>butcher bay
Oh fuck anon I loved how the animations were mirrored perfectly in that game! Do you or anyone have that webm i've seen on here of it?
>>
People complained about the exact same thing when DOOM (2016) came out, it's amazing.
>>
>>375872949
They even went through the effort of animating your player character as seen on shadows
>>
>>375873593
Doom actually has reflective surfaces though, doesnt it??

I dont recall any bathrooms in Doom anyways
>>
>>375874207
Yup, and you can see your feet if you look down too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.