[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has Nintendo shot their load early? >Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: pane1.jpg (18KB, 460x200px) Image search: [Google]
pane1.jpg
18KB, 460x200px
Has Nintendo shot their load early?
>Zelda, Mario Kart, Splatoon, 3D Mario, Xenoblade, and a new IP all in the first nine months
And it's not even E3 yet. What other big titles do they have for the rest of the Switch's lifespan?
>>
m-muh Metroid...

Anyway, I think we'll likely see a new Zelda in a few years considering most of BOTW's development was for the Wii U.

We'll probably get some kind of new Dong at some point too. Smash is a no brainer.
>>
File: 1489386496111.png (63KB, 688x758px) Image search: [Google]
1489386496111.png
63KB, 688x758px
>Another Mario game
>>
>>375868095
pokemon, animal crossing, smash, donkey kong, 2D mario, luigi's mansion, and apparently a bunch of new ips
>>
>>375868095
>Shot their load early
>he considers getting 1 game every few months a lot
>>
>>375868095
It's just precum until Pokémon comes out.
>>
File: a1ffaaf120035bc-822x617.jpg (24KB, 822x617px) Image search: [Google]
a1ffaaf120035bc-822x617.jpg
24KB, 822x617px
Nintendo shot something early alright
>>
I'm thinking 2018 will se their slightly lesser IPs that still pull in fans. Kirby, Animal Crossing, Fire emblem, etc. etc. with some more crossovers. 2019 is probably remasters and bottom of the barrels. If they make it to 2020?? A lot of IPs every one has forgotten about. i expect at least one new IP, ports, and obscure title a year though. Better get my Kid Icarus Uprising Sequel before 2020 too.
>>
>>375868808
Also also, I feel this could be a generation where nintendo does a lot of spin-off's and crossovers that the wii u started to see. Feels that way with how they're getting out major IPs year one. or maybe they'll just do traditionally handheld titles.
>>
Is this nigga serious
>>
The investors will start flocking, then the third party...be patient...
>>
>>375868808
Animal Crossing is absolutely on par with the biggest hitters in terms of sales. I'll give you Kirby and Fire Emblem, im fact we already know the latter is coming next year.
>>
Shitposters sure are getting desperate these days.
>>
>>375868095
>actually wanting to play Splatoon or a mario kart rehash
>>
>>375868808
Animal Crossing is an A-tier franchise.
>>
Nintendo needed to lead with a strong Zelda and Mario game to get the Switch going. They only needed to show the Switch is attractive, unlike their mentality for the Wii U where they believed the hype from the Wii would carry over.
What will really decide Nintendo's fate is how much marketing they put forth for 3rd party titles and if they will sell well
>muh 3rd party meme
Nintendo is losing the ability to keep a console afloat entirely on their games alone and the Wii U was proof of that. Meanwhile the Vita still sells strong (in Japan) entirely thanks to 3rd party support and 0 support from Sony.
>>
>>375869778
What third party games can they actually get realistically besides Monster Hunter?
>>
>>375868095
Would you prefer it took longer to come out with the same games???
>>
>>375870312
Dragon Quest games, FF7 remake
Portable weeb stuff like a new Ys game or SMT games
>>
>>375870312
Future third parties will be aimed to the switch
>>
>>375868095
>Zelda, WiiU port, expansion sold as new game, TBA mario, TBA misc

One decent game, some WiiU ports, and (currently) vaporware is "shooting their load early?" That's hilarious.
>>
>>375870312
Providing Nintendo doesn't piss third-parties off in the meantime (a bit much to ask since it's Nintendo and all), the Switch could very well be the new Vita -- the new home for all the little ultra-weeb third-party titles that didn't have enough budget or graphics to justify a dedicated investment for the big home box-top consoles.
>>
>>375869778
Doesn't seem to be selling that strongly.
>>
>>375869767
>>375869090
I mean it more of in a way that Animal Crossing probably won't attract casuals / people that haven't already tried the series unlike Mario/BOTW that can get anyone interested by name alone.
>>
>>375868645
Hopefully you for being retarded enough to let that happen.
>>
>>375868095
Hopefully they'll bring back Warioware, instead of relying on their low-effort tech demo "1-2-Switch" as the console's premier party game. (Of course, there will inevitably be another Mario Party, but that's more of a crapshoot.)

And frankly, I think they'd be stupid not to put a Nintendogs title on the system. People loved that shit, and come on,
>hybrid console, can dock it at home or take it as a portable
>virtual dog lives at home, but you can take it for a "walk"
>>
File: 1484333028717.jpg (404KB, 1412x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1484333028717.jpg
404KB, 1412x1330px
>>375871432
>"It's not that good you guys!"
>>
>>375868095
>Zelda and Mario Kart
Ports of games that were already out/ coming out
>Splatoon 2
Yup
>Xenoblade 2
A Jap game that will do ok for what a jap game is expected to do, maybe a little better for game hungry switch owners
>3D Mario
Good holiday title
>New IP
Arms? I think it will do ok, but won't be amazing

No, they haven't blown their load at all, there are still lots of fan favs they can bring as well as any new stuff they got on the way.
>>
>multiplats and rereleases
lel better hope nintendo has something better
>>
Metroid
Animal crossing
Another Zelda
Pikmin 4
Monster Hunter
New ips
New smash
Xenoblade x2
>>
File: df.jpg (871KB, 893x1190px) Image search: [Google]
df.jpg
871KB, 893x1190px
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.