[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who/what got you into gaming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 990.gif (324KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
990.gif
324KB, 500x363px
Who/what got you into gaming?
>>
>>375867742
Brother and friends.
>>
>>375867742
>dad bought me a NES when i was little
>played it all the time
And that was that, I guess
>>
Two things:

>Played Joust at a pizza place when I was young. First game I ever played and it got me interested.

>Dad bought me a Sega Genesis with Sonic 2 in the early 90s.
>>
>>375867742

My older brother got me into it when i was very young and i continued from there
>>
>>375867742
Got a Gameboy and Pokemon for one of my earliest birthdays
>>
My dad showed me train ticoon
I fucking love trains
>>
>>375867742
I've literally been playing video games as long as I can remember, so I don't even know.
>>
File: wishbook.jpg (548KB, 665x899px) Image search: [Google]
wishbook.jpg
548KB, 665x899px
>>375867742
Parents played in arcades.

They bought the Nintendo in 1989 since it had come down in price, and getting two games included was a huge boon.

I was five at the time.
>>
>>375867742
seeing Archon( a battle chess game) on an apple or amiga computer when I was 2, as well as exposure to one of those tabletop home light-up knock-off games (pic related) without even having batteries in it.

I don't have memories of playing either, and I was born in '82 so it's not like I reincarnated with any knowledge of video games from a past life; I just knew I had to be all about them.

I didn't get to actually play video games until 4-5, on Atari, NES, and Commodore 64, but it was always love at first sight.
>>
>>375867742
I had played video games but never really got into them.

Then I played pic related and my life was ruined.

If it wasn't for system shock 2 I might have made something of my life.
>>
>>375869796
this hits me in the fucking feels so hard. I know I saw this in print as a kid and lusted over all of it. I saved up the money for a U-Force, but no store ever carried it in my area. Almost bought Ultima with the money, but the Kay-Bee only had Exodus, not Quest of the Avatar, so I settled for two cheaper games instead, 8 Eyes and Solstice. Better than nothing I guess. Didn't own a QotA cart until I was in my twenties, it was worth the wait.
>>
>>375867742
Mỹ parents getting me a NES. Don't remember why. It was their biggest mistake because I'm their biggest disappointment and a wizard now
>>
>>375870282
>Solstice

I wound up buying it later. Fucking impossible, but that Title Screen was worth the cost of admission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_gObHt1uZA
>>
>>375867742
Dad was a creep, enough so that the other parents wouldn't let their kids play with me because they were so scared of him. He bought me a nintendo 64 to keep myself occupied and distracted from the soul-crushing social isolation. Been playing ever since.
>>
my dad let me play one of the kinds quests game, can't remember which one

ryoko is best girl
>>
>>375870854
I actually beat it as a kid legit. It took me 6 years, but it happened. The payoff was pretty underwhelming, all potions maxed and permanent with no goals anymore, but I felt pretty good for solving the garden areas and getting through that shitty maze area where you drop like 5 screens and then its a 10x10 area of blue cave square rooms with no features and doors going every which way

Always wanted to try Equinox but never did, even as a ROM
>>
File: moltar.jpg (16KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
moltar.jpg
16KB, 308x308px
>parents played arcade games
>had old crappy computer, hand-me-down NES
>eventually get sega genesis
>skating rink down the street had a decent selection of cabs (got me into fighting games)
>my small elementary (that was a few minutes away as well) would do end of the year field trips to the skating rink for every grade
>never skated, just stomped kids at fighting games and got called a 'cheater'
>bigger arcade in nearby city had newer fighting games that I'd go and play

Pretty much that. I still love arcade style games and fighting games.
>>
my next door neighbor had crash bandicoot for the playstation. i loved it, but my mom bought me plug n' play games. finally in first grade, i got a ds
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.