[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do indie devs specifically hate the Steam refund system so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: ind.jpg (138KB, 825x659px) Image search: [Google]
ind.jpg
138KB, 825x659px
Why do indie devs specifically hate the Steam refund system so much?
>>
>>375864247
because you can finish their game under 2 hours
>>
>>375864439
FPBP
>>
>>375864247
They make shitty 1 hour long games and then complain about it.
>>
>>375864589
hey man, some games are cheap and worth a nut for under two hours. just because you hate "indie devs" and feel they're entitled doesn't mean that games can't be incredibly short, while also being deserving of payment.
>>
>>375864247
Because they make shitty walking simulators that can be finished in less time than most demos and expect people to pay for that shit.
>>
>>375864723
And how much is your 1-hour game worth?
>>
>>375864723
well then just dont refund the game if you liked it or put some replayability in your game a few little bonus extras are enough to make some people replay a game more than once
>>
>developer telling players to violate Steam's TOS

Oh boy this is going to work out well for them.
>>
> >1 hour game
>25 bucks
>>
File: 1492619487437.jpg (207KB, 600x730px) Image search: [Google]
1492619487437.jpg
207KB, 600x730px
>>375864589
Nothing inherently wrong with one hour games. I could blast through OWH in 20 minutes and still go back for more, it's that good.
>>
>>375864247
Serious quesiton: Why did it even get to the point that people needed to refund this game en masse? You can watch 3 mins of gameplay and tell the game is awful. It looks like its on part with games from the early 00s mechanically and the graphics are like 7 years dated.
>>
>>375865279
To be more specific, they're 1 hour long with no replay value, as they're usually walking simulators following a straight path.
>>
>>375865279
>comparing a game meant to be replayable with a game that's just naturally short and has no incentive to play through again
We know short games can be worth it, genius, but when so many big budget and "cinematic" games have absolutely NO replayability whatsoever the price tag compared to the amount of playtime suddenly becomes much more important.
>>
>>375865487
why not make them longer? or put puzzles in them ?

OH WAIT THAT TAKES ACTUAL WORK I FORGOT
>>
>>375864723
You don't refund games you liked, retard.
>>
>>375864439
HOW CAN KUSOGE DEVS EVEN RECOVER
>>
>>375865141
Valve know better than anyone they need to adapt to fit how people are consuming products.
>>
>>375864247
Because they think their games are art and they think artists should be rich.
>>
>>375864247
Because being able to refund a product you're not happy with is the law in most countries, and indie devs (being usually only interested in making a quick buck) love to churn out shitty titles that don't deliver.

A true indy dev is someone like Toady (Dwarf Fortress) or Steve (Aurora 4x) that does it for free because they want to. The rest are just jews.
>>
>>375865141

The Devs for Hotline Miami let Australians pirate their game because it was banned in Australia, Devolver Digital was fine with that as well.

Some game publishers and developers are cool guys.
>>
>>375865381
>It looks like its on part with games from the early 00s mechanically
So it's superior to any game released in the last 7 years? Shit guess I'm getting this.
>>
>>375866024
Artists are either starving or dead, and only then is their art worth anything when they are dead. My favorite thing to come out of my dad's mouth
>>
File: eddie-munster.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
eddie-munster.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
maybe they should make a GOOD game and people won't refund it
>>
>>375864247
Why the fuck are they so salty? It's like they want people to not buy their shitty game.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.