[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: which is better.jpg (429KB, 1384x906px) Image search: [Google]
which is better.jpg
429KB, 1384x906px
>>
>>375860613
P5 is fine but Nocturne is more replayable (whole party can be customized and no dating sim parts)
>>
I went to play nocturne immediately after finishing ng on p5.
Liking the atmosphere and focus on the demons, but boy am I feeling how much they improved the combat and fusion in the persona series.
>>
P5
30% gameplay
70%VN shit

Nocturne
95%gameplay
5%unskippable cutscenes
Also no handholding
>>
as much as i like nocturne i honestly think P5 is a better game overall
>>
>>375860732
>tfw cant romance pixie and take her on dates to ginza or the park
why live tbqh my lad?
>>
>>375860613

OP WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

WHERE ARE THE AIR RAID SIRENS GET THE FUCKING SIRENS
>>
>>375861661
this might be crazy, but people can like persona and smt
>>
>>375860613
eh the problem with the SMT series is they were always behind the times even when a new installment came out. P5 actually feels like a current-gen game that won't be dated in a few years.

I still love Nocturne, DDS, etc. but with Persona 5 it finally feels like they hit the sweet spot
>>
>>375860613
>witch is better: the original game series or the old spin off game
P5 of course lol
>>
>>375860613
Tough question. P5 is easily the best Persona has ever been but it's still a tad on the easy side compared to mainline and the dungeons, while improved, still aren't as complex.

Nocturne on the other hand, does feel dated now especially with fusion mechanics being so much improved in recent games.

I think it's a tie honestly.
>>
>>375860613
Devil Summoner 1
>>
>>375862845
>P5 is easily the best Persona has ever been
your opinion is wrong
>>
>>375862845
as complex you mean full of annoying dead ends and infinite random encounters?
>>
>>375862980
No Persona game has ever had gameplay as good as 5. You can argue story and characters all you want, but the gameplay part is objective.
>>
Nocturne is more challenging, but P5 has better core gameplay, story, and level design.

Definitely P5, but Nocturne is still a good game that has aged pretty well.
>>
>>375863123
I agree. But I could also argue story and characters is far more important than QOL improvements.
>>
>>375863113
The only problem is that it uses the old random encounter system of old JRPGs. There's nothing wrong with the dungeon layouts themselves. Nocturne remake with field encounters like Persona, IV, and IVA when?
>>
>>375863123
Don't forget level design. P5's level design is a MASSIVE improvement from the hallway simulators that were 3 and 4.
>>
>>375860613
P5

P5 is far from perfect, but I also don't have a boner for the SMT gameplay like the rest of the retards in the fanbase
>>
P5 has too much text and Nocturne has too much nothing between plot events.
>>
>>375863415
>Nocturne has too much nothing between plot events.
Good.
>>
I'll never understand the appeal of Nocturne. Story bits are what keep me motivated to keep playing in turn based games. The combat in Nocturne is really fun, but it needs something to keep you interested every now and then, which is doesn't.
>>
>>375863235
Christ getting jumped by demons when Im halfway across the wastes or when im going between shops really freys my nerves, especially when there hasnt been a save point in ages.
>>
>>375863235
The encounters mechanic on P5 are way better than SMTIV
>>
>>375863529
Dante
>>
>>375863529
I liked wondering around and seeing a completely desolate world. With the only real company being demons.

Yeah you can say Nocturne has no story (Or too little to be more clear). But I don't mind.
>>
>>375863702
Agreed, I hate the encounters in SMTIV, they can just jump at you off camera and the camera is shit in IV because you can't zoom out.

Thankfully Apocalypse fixed that.
>>
>>375863692
Walking through the world map without knowing the right directions is suffering on SMT
>>
>>375860613
Well, only one of those game can be played without feeling like a pedo, so, yeah, I'll go wif Nocturne.
>>
>>375862980
>your opinion is wrong
Exactly, he forgot about Persona Q.
>>
>>375863279
they even have the hallway simulator as a side thing

how the fuck can they even improve with p6?
>>
Kalpa dungeons hare like 5 times harder than anything in P5
>>
>>375863990
>17 year old romances
>pedophilia

Americans are retarded
>>
>>375863692
>>375863970
>not using estoma

Encounters are only a problem if you're undereleveled
>>
>>375863526
>Muh minimalism

Yes, gameplay is the most important aspect, but Nocturne has too many empty hallways where nothing happens. It's not exciting and challenging
>>
>>375860613
Both are good.
>>
>>375864482
It's possible to like story based games and games with little to no story.

Extremism is for fags.
>>
>>375864482
Yet it's puzzles are definitely more interesting than repeated shit P5 is

>DUDE PICTURE PUZZLES X3
>>
>>375860613
They each have their own good points
If one does better in one field, than the other does better in another

It'd be more fair to compare nocturne to other mainline smt games and persona to it's own series
persona is no longer considered to be a spin off so comparing to something that handles things majorly different isn't really just
>>
>>375864828
Persona wasn't a spin off ever since P1 according to Atlus JP

It's a subseries within the MegaTen franchise, but SMT and Persona are independent branches
>>
>>375864918
>spinoff
>subseries

what the hell is the difference?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.