[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*blocks your path*

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 13

File: wjym1i.jpg (202KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
wjym1i.jpg
202KB, 1536x1152px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>375857672
>SOMETHING SPECIAL
>>
Out of my way, worst addition to the Halo franchise
>>
>>375857830
>HMMMMM
>>
>>375857830
>that isn't Prometheans
>>
File: cm6.png (873KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cm6.png
873KB, 1920x1080px
>blocks your screen and movement
>>
>>375858201
Holy shit this was so annoying
>>
>>375858040
I liked the crawlers. The rest of them are shit.
>>
>>375858040
This doesn't even count as the Halo franchise.
>>
Is there anything more comfy than Halo 3 campaign with bros?
>>
>>375858315
>thinking a hyper-advanced civilization would create a machine in the form of an organic quadruped

There's nothing unique about it or any Promethean. Even Sentinels had an innovate design not seen elsewhere.
>>
>>375859832
I meant that they were alright combat-wise.
>>
>>375858040
That's not Halo
>>
File: CiuWj9cXAAEcORC.jpg (95KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
CiuWj9cXAAEcORC.jpg
95KB, 600x677px
> Team Slayer
> Rush to Hydra launcher, get triple kill at start of game
> Guy TKs me because he wants it
> Immediately gets killed
> Other people literally TKing because they're not happy with the BR they spawned with
> We get crushed

> CTF
> No one plays defense
> They can't play offense either
> No one gets in the rocket hog
> Even when I'm the one driving
> Everyone is rushing power weapons they don't know how to use
> We lose unless I stay in the base with and SMG and my dick stapled to the wall

> KotH
> No one plays defense
> No one is pushing the objective
> Everyone is rushing power weapons they don't know how to use
> We win because I camp every objective

> Assault
> Чтo eбaть ты пpocтo чepтoвcки гoвopилa oбo мнe, мaлeнькaя cyкa? Я тeбe зкaжy, я зaкoнчил вepшинy мoeгo клacca в BДB, и я пpинимaл yчacтиe в мнoгoчиcлeнных ceкpeтных peйдoв нa Aль-Кaидoй, и y мeня ecть бoлee 300 пoдтвepждeнных yбийcтв. Я тpeниpoвaлcя в пapижcкoм вoйны, и я cвepхy cнaйпep в цeлых poccийcких вoopyжeнных cил. Bы ничтo для мeня, нo тoлькo дpyгaя цeль.
> I sincerely have no idea what the fuck they're trying to do

Is there any Halo game with a halfway decent playerbase?
>>
>>375861278
>Expecting coherency when the player base is literally children who like shooting aliens and bright colour visuals
>>
>>375857672
>>375858040
Oh for fucks sake what has happened to this once great series that used to be my favorite of all time?

Oh god... ;_;
>>
>>375857672
The only fun Brute enemies to fight.
>>
>>375861278
Halo Online is pretty good but usually only like 20 people on at a time.
Which is why it's good.
>>
>>375861278
>Playing Halo 5
Found the problem.
>>
File: Halo worst enemies.png (3MB, 1916x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Halo worst enemies.png
3MB, 1916x1012px
>>375858040
The Knights are great in Halo 5 and the crawlers are fine in general. It's the Soldiers who need to fuck off immediatly.
>>
>>375864487
There's literally nothing wrong with that, better than 4/Reach at least.
>>
>>375865804
It's entirely online-only, the BTB maps are garbage and the playlists don't offer as much as they could. Where the fuck is my CTF playlist? That's pretty wrong in my opinion.
>>
>2017
>still no halo 3 pc
Why microsoft hate me? do they hate money?
>>
>>375858125
>>375858040
>>375862373
I don't get the hate for the promethians. They aren't that interesting but they aren't that bad, either.

Crawlers are basically a hybrid between grunts and skirmishers/drones, Watchers are actually really fucking cool with their assist and grenade reppeling stuff, and knights, while often just big damage sponges, do have some neat stuff like their zig zag teleport dash.

If 343 worked on fleshing out the unqiue elements they had, like the water giving sheilds and revviving and throwing nades back and the knights zig zag dash stuff, and gave them all more unqiue abilities, I think they could be really engaging.

>>375865662
>No Halo 2 jackals
>>
>>375866134
>It's entirely online-only
So? Lack of offline function sucks but it doesn't hurt the online aspect and modes.

>the BTB maps are garbage
Aesthetically wise yes. As for gameplay they're fine, magnum starts would be better though.

>playlists don't offer as much as they could
Ranked, social, salyer, team, FFA, BTB, warzone, infection, action sack, etc. What's missing? A CTF-only playlist? Yeah like that has worked in the past games.
>>
>>375865804
>5 better than reach
Fuck off.
>>
>>375866403
fuck off 343 shill
>>
>>375866310
Have you tried eldewrito?
>>
>>375857672
>charges you
>drop the grav lift down and he gets stuck in the little roof part under the walkway
>does nothing
heh
>>
File: Dat feel.png (93KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
Dat feel.png
93KB, 500x599px
>>375859812
>tfw all your bros have wives and kids and can't play halo anymore
>>
>>375858040
Not canon
>>
File: 212.jpg (35KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
212.jpg
35KB, 426x341px
>>375866776
>brb wife aggro
>brb wife aggro
>brb wife aggro x1000000 times infinite
I feel for them every day when they tell me to never get married, sounds frustraiting.
>>
How many people are playing H5? Is thre a king of the hill mode??

I was just playing infection 5 months ago.
>>
File: 1428617384545.jpg (37KB, 442x386px) Image search: [Google]
1428617384545.jpg
37KB, 442x386px
>>375866418
>Dismissing complete lack of offline and local play as irrelevant
Hello, shill. I really don't like to accuse people of being shills, but how the fuck can anyone but a paid shill defend the stripping out of standard game modes and features?

Yes, a lack of local play does impact the online play, it means there are fewer people playing the game consistently and fewer people that will stay interested in the game over a long period of time, it means fewer custom maps and game types being created.

>Yeah like that has worked in the past games.
Yeah, it fucking did.

The reason Halo 5 sold like garbage compared to every other game is because it doesn't play like Halo and was missing half the shit people expected it to have, like fucking multiplyayer and co-op that's not online-only with one local player max. Also found it telling that MS both took months and months to give out actual post-launch sales numbers and hid the online population.

The game also just doesn't play like Halo. More weapons on the map and removal of loadouts were steps in the right direction, but they then took several back the other way. Map layout and movement mean fuck-all most of the time due to the sprint and thruster pack, ADS replacing scopes on the appropriate weapons was completely and 100% unnecessary, as was changing the default control scheme, armor customization is locked to sets and is huge step down, REQ micro-purchases exist, I could go on.

It both felt like a half-finished game with all the features it lacks and like it just wasn't Halo due to how much it seems to borrow from other recent shooters in an attempt to ape their audiences. I really, really got the feeling the intent behind this game was a genuine attempt at appealing to a larger audience as opposed to actually listening to their own fanbase.

I won't even get fucking started on the Marvel-movie and campaign full of quips and tensionless spectacle, there are not enough characters in a single post.
>>
>>375867067
Can't tell because MS hid the numbers a good year and a half ago to hide how few people are actually playing. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding games but I doubt there's more than a few thousand playing at any given time.
>>
>>375861278
>Hydra launcher

wat
>>
>>375867739
best estimates are between 10,000-15,000
>>
>>375866660
You fags that call everybody who isn't blindly shitting on 343 in every post shills are worse then 343 themselves at this point
>>
>>375867739
>>375868151
When I played infection a few months ago, I could hardly find lobbies in the morning till 12 pm. And I'm playing in Europe.

It was possible by selecting "expanded" but that's just bad.
>>
>>375868167
>Beloved franchise gets raped by new developers
>older fans complain
>STFU 343 ARE GODS PRASE BARVO

fuck off 343 shill
>>
>>375868167
>blindly
There's nothing blind about it, 343 butchered the series. Even if they somehow managed to make a real halo game gameplay-wise tomorrow afternoon they wouldn't be able to redeem themselves, because they also shit all over the lore and universe. They would literally have to trash everything they've made since they took over the series like Disney did with the Star Wars EU, and then start completely fresh in order to not deserve to be shit on in every thread.
>>
>>375867665
Halo 5 could have been the best halo game and it still would have sold poorly. lack of splitscreen is a factor, but the bigger factor is just lack of market domiance, distrust of 343, and nobody owning xbones

> because it doesn't play like Halo

It returns to even starts. How else do/can you define what "playing like Halo" is? Is Halo 2 "not halo" because it added duel wielding and vehicle hijacking?

At this point, I feel like the same shit bungie introduced in 2 and 3 could have been introduced in 4, 5, or 6and people would shit on it for "not being halo", or stuff from 4 or 5 could have been in 2 or 3 and nobody would have cared.

You need to have an actual arguement why something doesn't mesh with halo's gameplay or makes it worse or breaks a core tenant of the series.

> Map layout and movement mean fuck-all most of the time due to the sprint and thruster pack,
This would be a valid point if it were true, but it's not. Maps in Halo 5 have more skilljumps and hidden pathways throughout the map then any prior Halo game. I still prefer CE and 2's maps by a big margin, but there's an absurd amount of unorthodox ways to get around maps that can only be done by chaining the new movmeent abilities well.

>ADS replacing scopes on the appropriate weapons was completely and 100% unnecessary,
I agree, but it's visual only, I don't think it's a big deal, and giving it to autos and other weapons is a postive step for weapon balance when the series has traditionally only had 1 or 2 guns outside of power weapons be useful. The weapon balance in general in 5 is fantastic, easily the best in the series, only CE comes close.

In general, I feel like most of 5's changes are in line with the core of what I enjoy about Halo and making it better: the movement abilities allow for more advanced movement tech and vertacality in map design, which is always something Halo has had as a core tenant but has lacked relative to other arena shooters.
>>
>>375867067
>>375867739
One of the biggest Halo players/streamers just jumped ship to Destiny because of how ded Halo 5 is. That should tell you everything you need to know.
>>
>>375866662
Is it good? does it have vehicles?
>>
>>375858040
These mother fuckers make Master Chief look like a manlet.
>>
The problem of the Halo franchise are 1. console cycle and 2. sequels every 2-3 years.

The playerbase gets torn apart every few years. Put these games on PC for god's sake. It would be the skill fps on PC per se.
>>
>>375868782
They shat over the ongoing events in the universe, yes: they can't further the main plotline of the series to save their lives. but the EU and lore in general is just as good as it was under bungie, all of the recent novel releases since they intially fucked up with the kilo 5 books have been fall of reach tier or better.

>>375868412
I am an older fan you cuck, I garuntee you I've been a fan of the series longer then you. I'm not denying 343 has fucked up, they have, a hell of a lot.

But when somebody tries to make an actual legimate point and disscuss trying to improve something they did that has potential and you just shit all over the place and scream SHILL off the top of your lungs because they dared implyied 343 did anything other then pure garbage you aren't helping.

I've been a fan of the series for 16 years and i've seen how other fans react to it and how devs respond. As far as I can tell, the people who bitch and whine at everything 343 does, even when they do something right, are just as big a problem as 343 apologists at this point.

Halo's current issue is a fractured fanbase, too many people, even among the old fans, want different things out of the series. When fags like you come and bitch and moan at EVERYTHING instead of just the things they do wrong and praising the things they do right, it gives them the wrong idea, and that's how we have this shit happen like how 343 just announced they;d be dumbing down the stories based on fan feedback, when the actual problem with 4 and 5's stories wasn't complexity, it was their incompetent storytelling.

>>375869214
>The playerbase gets torn apart every few years.
Exactly, we have the same fucking problem Sonic does.
>>
>>375868412
>Beloved franchise gets raped by new developers
Not him but Bungie raped it after Halo 3. 343's sins were raping it further and not fixing Bungie's mistakes.
>>
>>375869001
Yes and Yes.
>>
>>375869214
>The playerbase gets torn apart every few years
There's a solution to that
1. stop turning Halo into COD (Halo Reach and Halo 4)
2. Stop sidelining Chief in mainline games
3. Stop lore dumping in the games
>>
>>375868821
Even starts was a step in the right direction, but this like ADS, thruster pack, infinite sprint, changing the control scheme, highlighting all the weapons on the map, etc. were steps back in the wrong direction.

No, ADS is not just a visual change, weapons like the BR barely zoom at all when compared to past games and you have the gun taking up 20% of your screen. It would have been fine for guns that had nothing like autos, but again It just feels like they changed it for the sake of changing it, that they did it simply because it would look more like other popular shooters and that would grab more players.

It also doesn't "feel" like Halo because map movement and layout don't mean as much, I have a get out of jail free card for just about everything. I don't have to be as deliberate with anything I do because I can just run away or boost into cover. Just saying "lol that's wrong" isn't really an argument. Its not about wanting a lack of advanced movement, its that the way in which it was implemented in Halo 5, and by extension 4 and even Reach, does not mesh well with how the games have traditionally played or been structured. again having those movement options generally don't allow you to access parts of the map, they're used to get around quickly and that doesn't fit well with how the games played, it does not facilitate deliberate map movement or knowledge.
>>
>>375869340
>cuck
>garuntee
>legimate
>implyied

fuck off 343 shill
>>
>>375869565
>stop turning Halo into COD (Halo Reach and Halo 4)
You forgot Halo 5
>>
>>375869340
>Halo's current issue is a fractured fanbase, too many people, even among the old fans, want different things out of the series
I'd still buy and play them if they hadn't cut splitscreen. That was the deal-breaker. Change the gameplay, I can deal with that even if I don't like it as much, but when you start removing core features and game modes your game isn't worth buying anymore. Halo 5's MP and co-op are effectively behind a paywall and will be 100% unplayable when servers are gone, I refuse to give MS any money for that level of bullshit.
>>
>>375869837
That too
>>
thread ded
>>
>>375870168
Don't worry about that, split screen is coming back in Halo 6 and beyond.
>>
>>375871965
Oh I know, it just furthers the point that it was an important feature and that 343/MS either didn't know what their audience wanted or just didn't care.

I still have problems with the campaign too, the opening scene was a fucking Marvel movie, I felt absolutely no tension for any of the characters as they flew around effortlessly and slaughtered enemies like they were nothing while delivering "witty" quips. It both felt like it was taking itself too seriously and was utterly ridiculous at the same time, it was odd and I hated it.
>>
File: Oh shit I'm sorry.jpg (6KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
Oh shit I'm sorry.jpg
6KB, 270x186px
>>375857672
>>
>>375872434
>Oh I know, it just furthers the point that it was an important feature and that 343/MS either didn't know what their audience wanted or just didn't care.
The campaign was a clear showing of that. I was so pissed when Frank stated that they were surprise that people only wanted to play the Master Chief in the campaign. like Halo 2 or each never happened. I was like, are they fucking retarded, I'm sure they remembered the backlash those games got for that. It was like how they used Halo Reach's mp for Halo CEA over the original mp. 343 are stupid.
>>
>>375872862
>like Halo 2 or each never happened
Even with Halo 2 you still played most of the campaign as Chief, and while people may not have liked Arbiter's levels that much he was a very well-liked character because they spent time developing him in the game and you got to know him a little bit.

343 just expected everyone to know and like Locke and the other new characters when we had spent next to no time with them and had no reason to care about them. And then of course the cutscenes in which we see them flying around like fucking Iron Man are nothing but pure spectacle devoid of any tension so that doesn't help either.
>>
>>375872862
*Reach
Jesus
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-23-23-36-21.jpg (194KB, 768x615px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-23-23-36-21.jpg
194KB, 768x615px
>tfw we'll never get a Halo game that shows what happens after the Reach legendary ending
>>
>>375866403
There is such an astronomical amount of interesting lore that there was absolutely no fucking reason for something like the prometheans to happen. They're boring and uncreative. 343 is also bent on making MC into a human with feelings and a conscience even though that was the exact opposite purpose of the S2 program. Then they make him almost lose to Locke while he could easily have just smashed his fucking head in.

I would rather have a game about Johnson during Contact Harvest than what they're doing now because even killing insurrectionists would be more interesting.
>>
Is there any way to port halo 3, odst and reach campaign to the pc version of the russian halo3?
>>
>>375874872
Look at he bright side, Locke and Osiris are on the chopping block because Brian Reed got fired from 343 and can no longer protect his Spartan IVs.
>>
>>375875086
*the
Get it together dammit!
>>
>>375874872
>almost lose to Locke
That fucking fight triggered me so much.
>>
>>375874926
Na but you can play ghetto ass Halo Custom edish mods that are actually pretty cool
>>
>>375868913

Isn't Destiny dead as well?
>>
>>375858040
The Warden, Forerunners, and the Knights make Space Marines look like manlets.
>>
File: file.png (118KB, 1228x352px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
118KB, 1228x352px
>>375875380
Not even remotely
>>
>>375875380
It's been dead for a long time. I actually loved year 1 and even early year 2 but it got stale fast, especially with the microtransaction shit they pulled.
>>
>>375868913
>One of the biggest Halo players/streamers just jumped ship to Destiny because of how ded Halo 5 is
Not a fan of 343 but I knew Bungiefags were beaten wives. after Bungie's post Halo 3 games I vowed to never buy a Bungie game again because I knew it was going to get worse.
>>
>>375858268
Loading screens would have been too.
>>
>>375875380
destiny always had strong core gameplay which helped it stay afloat while they sorted their shit.
>>
>>375873916
>reach legendary ending

good one
>>
>>375876204
I hope Destiny 2 improves the gameplay though, it feels too floaty and slow, slower than Halo Reach, even
>>
>>375876478
Floaty sure, but it is far faster than any Halo game in pretty much every way.
>>
>>375876128
Why is Reach so divisive? People seem to either love or hate it, don't see many just calling it alright. I was falling out of console gaymen at the time and didn't get around to playing Reach.
>>
>>375877294
some people are just incapable of getting good
>>
>>375876204
It was online-only Halo with half the features and content and a tacked-on PSO hub. Absolutely no reason why Destiny had to be online and single-player only. Even the traditional MP was single-screen and online only. The game was built for co-op.
>>
>>375877294
The only major criticism I had were the armor abilities which in hindsight are fucking nothing compared to what we have now. They were trying to appeal to fps players outside of Halo which triggered every loyal fan to some extent. I still loved it to death, I think I was a reclaimer.
>>
>>375877294
Its my least favorite game but its not bad at all. Worst maps, worst selection of weapons but I had fun with forge and local custom games.
>>
>>375870168
And as somebody who greatly cares about historical preservation, it pisses me off too, but that's sort of an intrinsically seperate metric from "are the actual in game mechanics good or not".

>>375874872
I don't necessarily mind trying to further cheif's character and break out of his S2 conditoning, but 343 did a fucking awful job of that in Halo 4 and 5. It disgusts me to see how much people outside of /v/ sucks 4's dick just because of MUH FEELS when none of it makes logical sense, even if you know the books.

But then /v/ is just as bad as those places, just with blind rage instead of dick sucking, as this asshat shows: >>375869748 >>375868412 >>375866660

>>375877294
It introduced a good amount of controversial features. Equipment from halo 3 was modified into reusable armor abilities that you could pick on spawn like a loadout. This, obviously, broke even starts, though I never minded it much in that capacity, it's not like 4 where you actually had a CoD style loadout. One of the armor abilities in particular gave you temporary incivnbility at the cost of not being able to move, which people felt was a crutch for bad players and slowed the game down.

A lot of people also hated reticule bloom on precision weapons, but I don't really get the complaint myself since it's still less random then 3's bullshit spread on everything that you couldn't mitigiate at all. The maps were also pretty shit in MP.

I really liked reach though.

>>375877813
People always say that armor abilities in reach were them codifying it or whatever but they really only barely even have a tangential similarity to CoD loadouts, I really think it was more just an evolution of equipment and I don't think other shooters inspired the feature much.

Obviously, 4 loadouts on the other hand are obviously borrowed from CoD.

>>375877884
>worst selection of weapons
Explain your shit opinion please
>>
File: halo-CE-1.jpg (117KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
halo-CE-1.jpg
117KB, 1024x768px
>>375877294
Because Reach ruined Halo. People only care about it because it has a bunch of Halo 3 custom games on it.
>worst maps in the franchise
>generic military shooter#431 artstyle/color palette
>single player was boring as shit with levels copy and pasted straight from the multiplayer
>forced dark atmosphere, obviously pandering to the cod audience
>core gameplay is completely different from previous installments
>vehicles are weaker than wet paper
>went back to halo 2's horrible system of one gun above all, this same gun being a primary that everyone carry's (2-BR Reach-DMR)
>soundtrack is still good albeit sounds nothing like previous games and is a bit generic

Reach is the most overrated pile of shit on this website
>>
>>375858040
These guys are so annoying to fight. Why did 343 think annoying enemies would be fun?
>>
>>375878014
cry some more 343 shill, Bonnie Ross will never fuck you.
>>
>>375878168
I can agree with most of this but
>forced dark atmosphere
What sort of atmosphere do you expect from a game where the planet is getting glassed and you're all being slaughtered?
>>
>>375878014
>Explain your shit opinion please
All anyone used was the DMR and I just didn't like the selection of weapons in general. Again it was a fine game and I liked it, its just my least-favorite Halo game. I don't love it or hate it.
>>
>>375878490
It was to appease the GoW and CoD audiences. Reach should have never been a Halo game in the first place.
>MUH DEATH
>MUH HOPELESSNESS
Halo was never supposed to be like this. Sure the novels are dark but the games have always been reasonably bright. Reach just comes off as Halo's edgy phase. ODST did the whole dark atmosphere much better as it was never about death and hopelessness. It still had those epic halo set pieces and quirky cheesy characters.
>>
>>375878168
Most of your post is either true but is exaggerated or just is bullshit, but this in particular I'm baffled at

>went back to halo 2's horrible system of one gun above all, this same gun being a primary that everyone carry's (2-BR Reach-DMR)

Nigger you what, Reach's non precision weapon guns were way more useful then 3's were. Reach has the best balanced sandbox in the series after CE and 5. There are barely any clone guns and aside from the plamsa repeater, every gun is actually decent in the role it's intended to be used in, even the plasma pistol actually get kills on it's own if you have a good trigger finger

>>375878497
I guess see the above then.

>AR can actually hit shit past 5 feet, can outright be used out to medium range in bursts
>Plasma pistol is actually not useless on it's own
>Needler even better then it was in 3
>Shotgun got another range boost
>Plasma rifle amazing at stripping shields, almost CE tier
>Focus rifle provides a interesting alernative long range weapon to the UNSC sniper with it's own niche
>Plasma launcher is an amazing charge up anti vehicle and infanry covie counterpart to the spartan laser
>grenade launcher is fantastic
>cocnusion rifle is a better brute shot

I could go on, Reach easily has either my favorite or second favorite (behind 5) sandbox in the series. The DMR is the best, sure, but it's not as mandatory to do well with as the BR was in 2 or 3/.
>>
>>375857672

Halo went to shit after Bungie sold the franchise. Haven't played any of the new games actually
>>
>>375878761
Why shouldn't the halo games be allowed to do that sort of thing, especially in a spinoff? Halo has a tone of potential in different ones and entirely different genres. It'd be a waste to not explore them.

Certainly better then milking MC's and Cortana's story till the end of time
>>
>>375878868
You are legimately missing out on 5's MP if you can deal with the no splitscreen, IMO it's the best the series has had since 2, might even be tied with 2 IMO.

Campaign is dogshit though.
>>
>>375878761
Reach was also a spinoff game. I would never support that sort of storytelling in the main game but everyone also knew the outcome from the beginning. It had less to do with muh depression and more about spartans' sense of duty and staying behind to fuck shit up even though they knew they were all going to die anyway. I think they could've done a better job with some of the missions but I still liked it.
>>
File: 1229637107498.png (114KB, 293x279px) Image search: [Google]
1229637107498.png
114KB, 293x279px
*teleports to destination*
>>
>>375878980
>You are legimately missing out on 5's MP if you can deal with the no splitscreen
No, he's not. It doesn't play like Halo. It has ADS instead of scopes, different controls, kill time is way faster, you can just sprint everywhere, weapons are all highlighted, etc.

Its fine for what it is but its not Halo. And no splitscreen means you're forced to pay another $60 to play it at all, can't just have friends over for custom games or LAN, you need a paid sub. Not hard to see why its the least-popular game in the series, the developers just shit the fucking bed and tried to push for the esports shooter/CoD crowd and they didn't bite and it won't have the same longevity with more casual players because its online-only.
>>
>>375877294
There was a lot to why fans including myself never liked it.
>terrible campaign
>mediocre to terrible levels
>terrible story
>terrible character development
>canon inconsistencies with Halo 1-3
>a lot of negative gameplay changes
>bloom
>armor abilities
>lower jump height
>slow base movement
>broken melee
>no bleed through
>fucked up health system
>weak vehicles
>no power ups on maps
>terrible maps
>campaign and multiplayer sharing maps
>Forge maps
>muted colors
>sub 20 fps
>motion blur
>film grain

The game felt off for a Halo game.
>>
>>375878805
And yet with all those changes nobody used anything but the DMR and maybe a power weapon. Shit was utterly broken and made the game a literal wall hugging simulator. Play on any BTB map and you'll know what I'm talking about. 5 shotting people across maps like Spire and Hemorrage. Or how it completely shredded vehicles doing around 75% of a banshees health with 1 clip. You are fucking blind if you ignore this.
>plasma pistol
>ever useless
Plasma pill was always great and just because you ignored it in 3 and CE doesn't mean it was bad. It always had the capability to 100-0 people.
>>Shotgun got another range boost
Unneeded, shotgun was already great in 3 but in Reach alongside the DMR and Sniper it was bonkers op. It doesn't feel great to play against especially when the enemy can sprint/evade to you at extreme speed followed by the inevitable one shot.
>Focus rifle provides a interesting alernative long range weapon to the UNSC sniper with it's own niche
Interesting sure but it was by far and large the worse weapon in the game. I don't know how bungie blindly ignored how great the sentinel rifle was in 3 and instead shat out that horrible weapon which is basically the same.
>Plasma launcher is an amazing charge up anti vehicle and infanry covie counterpart to the spartan laser
Auto locking was never a great idea. Reduces skill ceiling to the game by a lot, a good change from 2 to 3 was the removal of the rocket launchers auto aim. Vehicles are meant to be and only to be taken down with by highly contested weapon that atleast require some skill ie: Spartan Lazer.
>grenade launcher is fantastic
Agreed
>concusion rifle is a better brute shot
It's actually weaker than it was in 3. Reduced from power weapon to sub-power.

Reach did one thing good and that was firefight and armor customization, although armor went from reasonably difficult to extremely challenging to receive. To grindy shit.
>>
>>375879470
Forgot
>art style aesthetic change for a more realistic game
>>
I got a fucking double kill in rocket race how come i didnt get recon? You can get kills in rocket race and yet I did it somehow.
>>
>>375878761
>the flood

???
>>
>>375879775
Sure they were dark but the game didn't shove them in your face for the whole experience like Reach does with it's generic war campaign. Flood were a nice change of pace and never felt unwelcomed. Reach just hamfists the overused military darkness in your face the whole way through.
>>
>>375879447
It's not ADS, it's zoom that just looks like ADS.

>Descope
>doesn't slow your movement
>You don't need to use it to use your weapons past 5 feet

it's fucking zoom.

Also, regarding the "it doesn't play like Halo", see >>375868821

>It returns to even starts. How else do/can you define what "playing like Halo" is? Is Halo 2 "not halo" because it added duel wielding and vehicle hijacking?
>At this point, I feel like the same shit bungie introduced in 2 and 3 could have been introduced in 4, 5, or 6and people would shit on it for "not being halo", or stuff from 4 or 5 could have been in 2 or 3 and nobody would have cared.
>You need to have an actual arguement why something doesn't mesh with halo's gameplay or makes it worse or breaks a core tenant of the series.

IMO, it feels closer to Halo 2 then 3 did in a lot of ways. The new movement mechanics are a a pretty big change, but for the better.

>>375879470
>shit campaign
>medicore to terrible levels

I've never understood this, and whwnever I ask people to explain I just get told "YOU JUST GO AROUND PUSHING BUTTONS as if going to a location and pushing a button to progress to the next objective is really any different from going to one location to the next in any mission in CE, 2, or 3

>>375879605
To be clear, I agree the DMR absolutely fucking shredded vehicles, but that's not really a matter of weapon balance with each other so much as it is with vehicle health. As far as it generally in BTB, it never seemed more centralizing then the BR was in 2/3 in BTB.

>Plasma pill was always great and just because you ignored it in 3 and CE doesn't mean it was bad. It always had the capability to 100-0 people.

In CE, sure, to this day CE has the best plasma pistol. But in 3, fuck no, Reach's PP is much better.

Also you conviently didn't respond to the AR being able to actually hit shit in reach
>>
Fuck you all I liked Reach.

The only legitimately bad thing was armor lock.
>>
>>375879995
I love reach too but, no, the maps were also dogshit, they are all correct about that as well.

People talk about how armor abilities fucked with map flow, but in reality they just helped make the map flow less fucking awful in reach because it was nonexistant to begin with
>>
>>375879605
>Vehicles are meant to be and only to be taken down with by highly contested weapon that atleast require some skill ie: Spartan Lazer.
Or pulling off something difficult like hijacking. Nothing more satisfying than baiting a player in a banshee to go for the close banshee bomb just for you to grav lift into a hijack.

To be clear, I agree the DMR absolutely fucking shredded vehicles, but that's not really a matter of weapon balance with each other so much as it is with vehicle health. As far as it generally in BTB, it never seemed more centralizing then the BR was in 2/3 in BTB.

Nonsense 3 did way with the shitty one rifle to rule them all balance that 2 had and it was a great change. Bungie somehow forgot how annoying it was to have to constantly go behind cover because some jackass across the map is 4-shotting you with a fucking primary weapon.
The problem with the DMR is that it is a RANGED PRIMARY that can 4-5 shot at almost all range. Vehicles wouldn't feel so weak if they weren't constantly being poked by things with massive damage from angles and directions they can't respond to. This is shitty weapon balance because it doesn't take into account the map or vehicle design.

Also you conviently didn't respond to the AR being able to actually hit shit in reach
It was stilll completely redundant if you had a DMR on you. AR is meant to be a close quarters weapon yet was outdamaged in cqc by a fucking ranged weapon. 9/10 DMR won against AR in cq, 2 suffered from this but 3 fixed this. Sure 3's AR had piss poor range, but it actually did do it's one job which was CQC and was the one time in the trilogy where it out damaged it's ranged counterpart in close range.
>>
>>375879950
>"YOU JUST GO AROUND PUSHING BUTTONS
That was one of the game's problems mixed with others such as constant forced firefight moments just shoved into the campaign, cock teases like the opening Tip of the Spear cutscene, enemy wildlife, Super Carrier, and Scarabs. Levels that feel like they were built with the stupid Armor Abilities in mind, enemy AI that can sometime kill you with cheap attacks like instant kill melee that is undodgeable, enemy vehicles that can somehow see through walls, terrible ally AI. Reach campaign was just terrible all around. The poor story and characters didn't help.
>>
>>375877294
Jetpack ruined map design.
>>
>>375879950
Its ADS.

It uses the left trigger and your gun takes up 30% of the fucking screen.

Even if I entertain your idea, it was still changed for no good fucking reason. It was changed to appeal to a younger player base, along with several other things already addressed. I would have been fine with it if it were just applied to autos that had nothing prior, but there was no fucking reason to change the scopes.

>IMO, it feels closer to Halo 2 then 3 did in a lot of ways
Couldn't possibly disagree more, it plays nothing like either of them. Even starts don't begin to make up for everything else the game does wrong.

Halo 2 and 3 also had offline custom games that added years of longevity to the games, so Halo 5 and its online-only MP could still go fuck itself even if it played exactly like Halo 2 or 3.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.