[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 5

What went wrong
>>
Definitely not the optional arts or styles that you don't have to use. My biggest complaint is not having g-rank, and the deviant grind. I still got 1k hours out of it. Really hope XX comes out for the west
>>
>>375855563
lack of g-rank, thats it. the complaints over arts and styles are just tryhard bitching over something thats optional.
>>
File: azurebolt.jpg (50KB, 690x414px) Image search: [Google]
azurebolt.jpg
50KB, 690x414px
>>375855563
They decided to frontier your shit up in the next game
>>
styles and hunting skills

which are useless, not fun and just waste time and money instead of adding more content
>>
>>375855563
G version wasn't localized.
>>
>>375855563
Over the top anime stylization and stupid shit like supers.
>>
>>375855563
It was a direct downgrade from 4U, the game is still good tho, but it is just not better than 4U.
>>
Hammer Hitbox feels smaller.
>>
>>375855563
Not as good as 4U
>>
>>375857073
Styles are literally more content, though. The default moveset that's been in since the first game is still present.

I don't understand complaining about extras when they're not REMOVING content to make room for it. You can say the new farm is shit compared to the MHF2 or MH3 farms, or the fact that a shitton of monsters are missing from a game meant to be a celebration of all of the games, or the glowing balance issues with certain weapons when they've had 3 games to get HBGs and slime weapons under control. But complaining about hunting styles/arts when they're completely optional is fucking nonsense.

I bet you're one of the dumb cunts who insists that underwater fuckery is a core mechanic of the series.
>>
>>375857276
The super dodge is completely fine. All of the other stuff is pants-on-head retarded though, especially since 90% of the listed hunter skills are just "Hammer Smash v2, v3, v4" and shit.
>>
>What went wrong
Being on handheld.
>>
File: IMG_1554.png (28KB, 499x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1554.png
28KB, 499x322px
>People complaining about styles and arts

Why though? They haven't removed anything from the combat since underwater, and unless you're playing aerial style they've even toned down mounting from 4U

Complaining about optional combat depth is like complaining that waffles have a choice of syrup instead of just maple
>>
My biggest problem with it was the environments they chose to bring back. Until you actually beat the main game, you're stuck with some of the most forgettable areas from the entire MH series. Add to it, bringing back some of the most broken/annoying monsters. The environment and monster variety gets better after the main story (or if get through online stuff quickly) but it's just such a slog to go through some of the most boring areas in the entire series.

Some of the styles also felt pretty broken. Fucking Aerial Switch Axe was hilarious. You just roll around until you start bouncing on monsters, trapping them into a near stunlock till you get to mount them. Once I tried Aerial style out on Swaxe it was a struggle to go back to the normal version since it's just objectively more powerful. Some of the styles really needed balancing.

Still fun. Hope the next MH entry is better and builds upon all these experimental things they've been doing. Or at least bring back the free hunt mechanic from MH3U. That shit was fun and I miss it.
>>
>>375858337
>depth
locking a weapons gimmick behind some arbitrary action and having a DO 10 BILLION DAMAGE button every 3 minutes it not depth
>>
>>375855563
They keep trying to hamfist a story and locking important stuff behind completing the single player campaign. Just give my centralized SINGLE hubworld and let me fucking hunt with friends.
>>
>>375855563
not on next/current gen consoles especially not on ps4
>>
>>375855563
Nothing, it was a solid addition to the series.
>>
>>375858453
>a DO 10 BILLION DAMAGE button every 3 minutes
Hunter arts literally don't even do that much damage and the only time they're viable is when the monster's either knocked down or trapped.

If you're going to complain about ANYTHING being casualized, look at the fucking continuing trend of monsters having massively reduced HP with each iteration of the game. MHG is to MH3 what MH3 was to MHFU. I cannot remember a single instance in MHG where it took longer than 15 minutes to kill something, even when I was trying it for the first time.
>>
File: 1467164386018.jpg (254KB, 555x765px) Image search: [Google]
1467164386018.jpg
254KB, 555x765px
>>375855563
Not enough Guildmarm
>>
Deviant tickets, Hellblade Powder, and fucking over armor skills super hard, even compared to 4U's High Rank you barely had any options.
>>
>>375857786
I found the Super Dodge to be a fucking detriment against monsters with strings of attacks like Zinogre's paw slams, if you dodge the first you HAVE to run away instead of just dodging through all three hits normally and countering after.
>>
>>375859148
I don't get how waifushitters are even attached to monhun where the girls are like 30 pixels tall.
>>
30 fps lock
>>
>>375859347
>I don't get how hazubandoshitters are even attached to pokemon where the monsters are not even human

silly doodle
>>
XX is real fun though. G-rank helps much more than you think.

>>375859148
Also this.
>>
File: Guildmarm_009.jpg (356KB, 551x852px) Image search: [Google]
Guildmarm_009.jpg
356KB, 551x852px
>>375859347
Love knows no limitations
>>
DUDE ANIME LOL
DUDE FLYING THROUGH THE AIR SPAMMING ATTACKS AGAINST HELPLESS MONSTERS IS AWESOME XD
INFINITE COMBOS ARE DA BEST XD
sums up MHG
>>
>>375855563
ruined chargeblade
adept style too op
too many gathering quests
>>
>>375855864
Except whether you use them or not a vast amount of time and effort went into them and took from adding other shit in the game.

"Lol don't use them" is not a fucking valid argument. If they didn't have this entire mechanic then it's time, effort and resources that could have went towards something entirely different and better (or worse)
>>
>>375859490
I don't get that either.

>>375859612
Monhun was always ridiculous. And if you were going to call bullshit at anime it should have been with the switch axe or mounting. You're in too deep to whine now.
>>
People say 4U is better for beginners when Gen is the easiest one in a long time.
>>
The deviant system was god awful no way in hell that I'm going to put so much effort into a single monster to get a single set that is slightly superior to a clowsuit.

I ignored the deviants because of the forced grinding, I only fight them just to see what they do but there is no real incentive for me, the clowsuit do the same and is not a fucking chore to get.
>>
>>375859748
>flying through the air preying on helpless monsters that can't even fight back anymore is "ridiculous"
no, it's just boring. MH should be slow paced, a hunter barely getting his GS off the ground instead of spinning around in the air infinitely like fucking Sora
>>
>they're not REMOVING content! it's perfect!
that's why they rehashed old areas yet again and only had like 5 new monsters right?
Capcom isn't even trying right now
>>
>>375860038
Look man, I started with MH1 on the ps2. But I had the crisis you're having back during Tri or some shit. That ship has sailed. FU is the last remotely grounded game and it still has the fucking gunlance.
>>
>>375859707
I could say the same about some of the weapons, yet i just don't use them instead of complaining
>>
>>375855931
this
>>
>>375860208
Very mature of you
>>
>>375860142
What part of nostalgia circlejerk game you don't understand? of course there will be returning areas and I was happy to see pokke again.
>>
>>375860208
The whole 3 weapons they've added in the past 6 games? Wow.
>>
>>375860142
That's honestly what most monhun fans want. I just want good combat, good monster and some areas to fight them in. The combat is like 99% of what makes the game decent.
>>
>>375857423
How so?
>>
>>375855931
I have a big problem with styles - and that's that they didn't balance them well enough for each weapon.
There's usually one style that loses something insignificant for a free power boost, while the others lose important stuff. If they made them more equal within a single weapon (even if you discount guild) then they'd be a lot better.
>>
>>375860691
>Worst graphics
>Lack of G rank
>No story
>No monster intros that worth a damn
>They locked lance on striker
>Inferior endgame
>Removed variants and add deviants (this would be great but the deviant system is ungodly bad)
>Monster HP reduction and easier compared to other MH games
>Shitting on leviatans
>New weapon upgrade system is straight up shit
>Armors require rare mats to upgrade so good luck finding 5 rare mats to max out a single set.
>>
>>375855563
Frontiershit.
Arbitrary deviants grind.
Frontiershit.
Skullfucking the cost/stat balance on weapon trees again like we're back in 3U (deviantshit is best of course but all weapons have a lot of options to either grind your ass off on Hypers or make a piss-easy bug/misc part weapon that has better stats anyway).
Frontiershit.
Hypers somehow being an even worse version of Frenzy (which wasn't bad) or Apex (which was cancer).
Frontiershit.
Ramping up monster movement, nonsensical animations (try to explain how the fuck half of Steve or Tama's animations make any fucking sense), moveset, AI crapshoot, etc to chase that "cuhrayzee" genre market without changing any of the fundamentals of the PLAYER abilities so you feel extremely limited and the game feels dated even when it was new.
Frontiershit.
Hunter Arts aren't inherently a bad thing but the lax timing of Adept style's dodges and the assumption of massive invulnerability from Absolute ____ arts gives rise to lazy enemy attack design/coding. Why put in the effort to design around the core gameplay mechanics when you can just create an out of place OH FUCK button and expect that to smooth everything over?
Frontiershit, etc.

Styles were a great idea but poorly implemented with movesets butchered and rearranged rather than overhauled into discrete, meaningful and purpose-driven unique movesets. You get shit like Aerial GS not being able to do a standing charge for literally no reason, or Striker SnS missing the backhop for literally no reason, or CB gaining a guardpoint on charged A in Adept that somehow isn't a guardpoint in any other style despite using the exact same animation, or SA gaining a sword morph during axe upswing that it arbitrarily cannot switch during with other styles, etc. On the whole, the problems are largely due to the inherent laziness and entirely arbitrary nature of the changes more than the concepts themselves.
>>
>>375861603
Damn... sounds pretty bad.
What went wrong with the upgrade system?
>>
>>375862324
It requires more grinding and more money than in previous games.
>>
>>375855864

Fuck G rank. We need Relic hunts. If this game had a G rank, your 1000 hours would have gone to the G rank version of Deviants anyway as you would have rushed through High Rank to get G rank gear.
>>
>>375862324
Weapon upgrade system is comparable, maybe even slightly improved in subtle ways compared to before.

Armor upgrades went to a sort of hybrid between the usual armor sphere system and Tri's rank-jump system that required materials. Later defense upgrades on most armor will require Hyper shit (usually obtained at a criminally low rate of about 1 fucking kibble per run despite the monster literally being made of the stuff, like if Scales were rare drops) and a Ruby or equivalent per piece of armor. This means that while initial costs for armor are somewhat down (don't really get any single pieces with rare requirements to forge) the actual long term cost is basically quintupled (each piece requiring a gem AND hyper materials rather than previously having 1 or 2 pieces requiring a gem and then everything just taking upgrade spheres).

Basically in addition to the Deviants being grindalicious for no reason other than fuck you, even basic armor got a similar treatment, again because fuck you.
>>
>>375862195
>Frontiershit
>most of the game is just recycled content
>>
>>375861603
>Caring about a story in MH
It was annoying as hell in 4. I'm glad they didn't introduce a ham fisted story into Gen.
>>
>>375863246
>I'm glad they didn't introduce a ham fisted story into Gen.
Except they fucking did.
>>
>>375863436
It's the same story telling they did in all the other MH. Just instead of one flagship big baddie it's 4
>>
>>375855563
Increasing hunter power while monsters stayed the same

I.e. arts and styles. Honestly ithink it was the worst addition to a mh game in a while.
>>
>>375858945
El oh fucking el

The sales say otherwise
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.