[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else ready for this big E3 announcement?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 19

File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Who else ready for this big E3 announcement?
>>
>>375854001
Its bad the psv1 cant even break 250k on most games if they ever release psv2 it will be the first console with negative sales
>>
Vita 2 will be PS4GO, a tablet with detachable controllers and runs digital PS4 games scaled at 720p which was in development for 10 years but only now was the tech good enough to get it released. it will come with Monster Hunter 5 as a pack in exclusive. screencap this post
>>
File: Trash_Can.jpg (203KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Trash_Can.jpg
203KB, 1200x1600px
>>375855234
>digital
literally setting it up for failure.
>>
>>375854001
All they need to do is make it backwards compatible with PSP and the vita, maybe add PS2 emulation and make it use standard SD cards and it's an instant buy.
>>
>>375855234
>scaled at 720p

Isn't that native resolution?
>>
I am.
They can have the proprietary card bullshit. It can have pure digital downloads for everything. The system can be composed of nothing but pure weeb bait for the entirety of its lifetime. However, if it has paid online I'll skip it the same way I'm skipping the Switch.

On a side note, if it does happen they shouldn't call it Vita 2
>>
What's with the sudden influx of Vita topics?
Not that I'm complaining, but seeing so many pop up out of nowhere seems odd.
>>
>>375856275
>maybe add PS2 emulation

this is never happening
>>
>>375854001
Sony is not that stupid, they won't do any more portables after the vita got irremediably fucked.
>>
Why the FUCK would they name it after the fucking abortion that was the Vita?

Can you retards stop fucking posting this shit.

It would make likely be named PSP 2 or LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE but the Vita 2.

Fuck. Off.
>>
>>375856721
Phones can run PCSX2, why couldn't a handheld with modern components?
>>
>>375856796

>Implying Sony will allow the niche crowd to move to Switch
It's going to happen but I doubt it'll be called Vita 2. Even in the job listings for the new handheld it was just titled "next-gen portable gaming device
>>
>>375856954
What does it matter? They'll just get a PS4 to play those games. In fact, that's exactly what's happening. Vita is selling like dogshit anyways even in Japan where the memers had you believe otherwise here.
>>
>>375854001
It would be baffling. Sony probably hated the PSP because it was pirated to hell and back, and they immediately abandoned the Vita.
>>
>>375857149

Labeling it the Vita 2 would be like labeling the Switch "Wii U 2". It's confusing and carries the history of the previous entry.
Also, the Vita is like, six years old by this point so of course sales are dying down. I'm not sure why you're so aggravated over a new handheld literally confirmed to be coming out by Sony though.
>>
>>375856828
Sony made the abortion that is the Vita to begin with. I can totally see them continuing that toxic brand.
>>
>>375854001
considering sony rarely ever acknowledged the vita even being present, i'd be shocked if they ever make another handheld again.
>>
>>375857619
Either they've given up on handhelds thanks to the Vita's failure similarly to how the Move failed, or they'll be trying again out of desperation to try to cash in on the crowd that the Switch is attracting.
>>
>>375854001
If Sony wants ANY success with a potential PSP3, they need to understand THREE THINGS:
>Do NOT overcharge for memory cards.
>Do not release weak hardware when games demand much more horsepower to run.
>SUPPORT the system. Finance quality ports.
>>
>>375857416
>vita is 6 years old

WHERE DOES THE FUCKING TIME GO?
>>
File: IMG_0227.jpg (73KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0227.jpg
73KB, 1024x768px
>>375854001
Please let this be a success
I want the old psp days again
>>
>>375857951

It's all the 300+ hour long RPGs the Vita has which fucking time-warp people.
>>
>>375857938
>Do not release weak hardware when
It's a handheld. There's only so much you can push a fucking handheld unless you want to drop the battery down to a half hour worth of use.
>>
>>375857938

The Vita was far from weak during its release though. It was actually pretty insane how strong it was compared to the 3DS.
The issue is they underclocked it really badly making most of that power useless.
>>
>>375857883
Honestly, I think if they played their cards right, they could completely eclipse the Switch. Because the switch has short legs. The games aren't really there and it's got paid online and too many peripherals that are completely overpriced.

If they just released a similar console to the vita with no proprietary card shit or gimmicks and a cable to connect it to the TV. Kept backwards compatibility and didn't make PS+ mandatory, they could have a real shot at the title.
Because even if they just have shitty weeb games on it, they have a fuckton of shitty weeb games on it and they add up.
>>
>>375858346
>Because even if they just have shitty weeb games on it, they have a fuckton of shitty weeb games on it and they add up.

This.
Not to mention should they somehow make mutliplats run comparably to the home-console counterpart, they will sell more on portable than on home-console.
Like with Odin Sphere -- that shit sold on Vita more than PS4 and both were solid sales.
>>
>>375858346
>The Switch has short legs
It certainly doesn't. The Switch has had the largest launch library out of the last two generations.
>>
File: 1493819807933.jpg (404KB, 1412x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1493819807933.jpg
404KB, 1412x1330px
>>375858346
Why does this keep happening?
>>
>>375858521
That is patently false.
>>
>>375858521
lmao the delusion
>>
>>375858179
>they underclocked it really badly making most of that power useless
Did not know that.

>>375858118
Surely they could have given it 20 more megabytes of RAM.
>>
>>375858665

The problem is NeoFAG is anti-handheld gaming and console / PC gamers believe handheld gamers are the same shit as home console gamers.

The crowd is significantly different and each have different expectations on what constitutes a good game. Despite the success, something like Bloodborne wouldn't sell half as much on handhelds even if handhelds had an equal amount of support and success unless it was specifically made with handhelds in mind.
>>
>>375858047
It's crazy that, despite only having one analog stick, and no L2/R2, I love my PSP and was breddy gud controlling any game on it.
>>
>>375858727
That is not false. I particularly remember the PS3 and 360 having less than 6 launch games. My Ps3, all I had was Resistance and some shitty Mobile Suit Gundam game. PS4 and Bone, I don't even remember what games they launched with they were so fucking lackluster.
>>375858885
Go back to plebbit and shitpost there, kid.
>>
>>375854001
Sony can't juggle two platforms. They tried two times and failed.
>>
>>375858521
The fucking PS3 had more games at launch than the Switch. The original no games machine had more games that the fucking switch.
Let that sink in, you loser.
>>
>>375857883
They've been 0-2 going up against Nintendo's handheld so for them to go in for another round is baffling.
>>
>>375859039
Reddit love your Switch.
Even the Vita had Uncharted and Wipeout at launch.

You're fucking pathetic but you're false flagging probably. I hope.
>>
>>375854001
>no monster hunter
It's going to be fucking nothing
>>
>>375858346
>"The games aren't really there"
>One month old system

Meanwhile PS4 is only worth owning now after 4 years.
>>
>>375859090
And yet the Vita was the console with the games.

What do you consider a win?
>>
>>375859185
There's a rumor going around that MH5 is going to playstation, though.
Two might be connected.
>>
>>375859090

This mentality is stupid.
I know that console wars are rampant on /v/ and all that, but just because one sells more than another doesn't make the one who sold less suddenly lose out on money.

Even the Vita broke even, with devs who worked on the system talking about how the support from the Vita is better than the 3DS even with lower sales due to royalties and fan support.
>>
>>375859232
the games? which games are you referring to? It was cluttered with JRPGs and weeb shit.

Nintendo smoked them both times when it came to games. Prove me wrong otherwise in all seriousness.
>>
I actually had a dream about a new sony portable. It was called the PSZ2 and I ended up inside the game somehow
>>
>>375859268
There's posts about that rumor from fucking 2014.
not even reddit fell for it
>>
>>375859216
I meant now and in the future. The thing will have two worthwhile games on it that aren't just shoddy ports for the whole of 2017. Odyssey and Splatoon 2. That's weak.
>>
File: 7TLTRy8.png (135KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
7TLTRy8.png
135KB, 480x640px
I fucking love my Vita.
>>
>>375857938
>Do not release weak hardware when games demand much more horsepower to run
Literally what killed both their previous handhelds.

Successful handhelds have always been successful because they were affordable and had fun games, not because they had good hardware.
>>
>>375859268
>I heard that SONY WILL DEMOLISH NINTENDO WITH THE VITA2
>I heard that SONY WILL DEMOLISH NINTENDO BY TAKING MONSTER HUNTER BACK

Yeah the connection is delusional sonybros.
>>
>>375854001
>Vita 2: Electric Boogaloo

WHO THE FUCK EVEN ASKED FOR THIS
>>
>>375859295
>devs who worked on the system talking about how the support from the Vita is better than the 3DS even with lower sales due to royalties and fan support.
>things that never happened

Devs never wanted to touch the vita because the fanbase didn't justify the costs in making a game for the console. Same shit happened recently with the Wii U.

You think companies stay in business because of support and fan support? They go towards the console that has the most customers or cuck out for a fat check to make it exclusive to one of the big three.
>>
>>375855234
if they actually put Monster Hunter back on playstation i will literally throw myself off a bridge, NOT BUYING ANOTHER DAMN HANDHELD
>>
File: genocidal maniac 4.jpg (9KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
genocidal maniac 4.jpg
9KB, 184x184px
Backwards compatibility, both digital and physical.
>>
>>375859589
>things that never happened
http://www.nariyukigame.com/archives/49199435.html
>>
>>375859589
>Devs never wanted to touch the vita because the fanbase didn't justify the costs in making a game for the console.

That explains why the vita is rotten with games.
>B-Buh weaboo games don't count
>>
>>375859453
>Zelda and Mario in the first year
>Splatoon 2 and ARMS in the first year
>Mario Kart port and a bunch of smaller games in the first year
>Potentially Xenoblade 2 in the first year

This is pretty good, PS4 and Xbone launched with the usual yearly AAA shit and Knack.
>>
>>375858047
It will suck without custom firmware.
>>
>>375858047
Those days are not coming back. They're gone.
>>
>>375854001
ok honestly? selling my switch if this happens
>>
>>375859749
But beyond those niche and usually Japan-only games, that statement is correct. Most developers and publishers released next to nothing for the platform, low-budget weebshit and ports are about all the support it got because developers didn't want to invest any more money than that.
>>
>>375859837

>Selling consoles ever
Unless you have more than one or in dire need of money for medical emergencies / starvation prevention, that shit is incredibly stupid.
I hate the Switch as nothing seems appealing on it for me but still
>>
>>375858521
The wii u actually had the largest launch library ever.
>>
>>375859954
Why would you hate though. Just because it's not for you does not mean you have to hate it
Thats not mentally healthy.
>>
>>375859942
It's not like there's a plethora of AA games coming out for the 3DS either.
Western devs rarely make handheld games and if we're being honest, the Vita got more AAA support in the short time of its release window than the 3DS ever got.
Most of the games on both of them are AA at best.
>>
>>375857149
>Vita is selling like dogshit anyways even in Japan
M8, Vita is the third most successful console in the JP market.
>>375858930
The Vita has been essentially neutered to enhance battery life, poor thing runs at half the clock speed it could have, at best.
Damn shame.
>>
>>375856796
They understand portable consoles are the future.They will never compete with PC's head to head,but portability will offer a clear advantage.Most likely a gimmick like Switch where you connect it to your TV and plays at a higher res.
>>
>>375860212
>AAA support
Which resulted in watered-down versions of console games that played like crap. That was the Vita's problem from the start, they tried to push the "console-lite" angle with it but the west just didn't care. That spectacle you get from movies like Uncharted is gone when you're playing on a small 540p screen.

And if we're getting that far into it, almost every Nintendo game for 3DS was AAA if some Vita games are AAA, since that usually refers to budget and no handheld game comes close to what is spent on console games.
>>
Shit that isn't happening.
>>
>>375860539

Fortunately or unfortunately it is
>>
>>375854001
PS VITA PROâ„¢ Powered by the power of the CELLâ„¢.Screencap this right now.
>>
File: 8bitdo-fc30-pro-03-500x500.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8bitdo-fc30-pro-03-500x500.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>375854001
If they're going to remake it then they HAVE to put shoulder buttons.

Hell, this Chinese controller figured out how to do it pretty well. It's not as comfy as a standard Playstation controller, but it still gets the job done.
>>
>>375860428
>PC kills the Sony home consoles
>Nintendo handhelds kills the Sony handhelds
What should Sony do?
>>
>>375860328
Because its hardware was a detriment, not a positive, it made games that would take advantage of it too expensive to develop and made the unit itself too expensive for consumers. Handhelds are succcessful when they're affordable, not when they have fancy hardware. The Gameboy absolutely fucked every competitor because it was cheap and had games people wanted, no one cared that the Gamegear and Lynx had full-color graphics and much better hardware.
>>
>>375860675
>It's not as comfy as a standard Playstation controller
So it bends your fingers backward or something? PS controllers are not comfortable.
>>
>>375854001
I'll buy it if they do make one. I like my Vita a lot more than my 3DS, and I'm not giving Nintendo money for the Shit.
>>
>>375861025
Yes, give it to Sony instead! They need your PS+ money or they'll go out of business :(
>>
>>375860796
Well, the vita at least is the most comfortable handheld that's ever been put together.
Though that's not hard when their only competition is Nintendo that loves sharp edges and making handhelds that cramp your hands after 5 minutes. Playing any game that used the D-Pad on the 3DS was murder on the hands.
>>
>>375861025

I'll wait and see. If it's BC with Vita physically and digitally it'll be a day 1 purchase. I still got an insane amount of Vita games to power through and I assume they would run better on the new handheld.
>>
>brought a vita because monhun will be on it
>lol, no fuck you
>brought a 3ds because monhun is on it
>we making a vita2 and monhun will be on it

I can't take this anymore.
>>
>>375861146
I've owned every console from both Sony and Nintendo, and the latter is the only company who only made me feel regret and disappointment for the past 10 years, so yeah, I don't mind giving Sony my money when they actually make hardware and software I like.
>>
>>375861159

That was a tactical decision by Nintendo to goad you into buying the attachments.

>>375861338

Monster Hunter is meh. I'll buy it if it comes out on the Vita 2 but if not I won't care.
I probably won't buy it on Switch though as paid online is stupid.
If the Vita 2 has paid online I probably won't buy it
>>
>>375860328
>M8, Vita is the third most successful console in the JP market.
That's not saying anything. The PS4 will overtake it in the near future if it hasn't already and the PS4 at it's peak with Persona and Final Fantasy can't even sell more than the fucking 3DS. Vita is literally competing with the 2DS sales over there nowadays, not 3DS, but 2DS.
>>
What I want to know if it's going to be more powerfull than the Switch, I mean you look at the Vita and 3DS and the 3DS was so weak in comparision it wasn't even funny.
>>
>>375860796
No, the controller has all 4 shoulder buttons located next to each other as show in pic related. It isn't as maneuverable as a normal controller with it's trigger and bumpers located parallel to one other, but considering the aesthetic design of the PSP and Vita, doing them right next to each other would probably be the best way to go.
>>
>>375859141
>Your Switch
I don't own one, shitposter underageb&. I own a fucking 3DS, a Vita, A ps3, PS2, gamecube, DS, n64, Ps1, and a PC.
>>
>>375861667

I don't care for power after what they did to the Vita.
The 3DS was exponentially weaker, but the Vita had almost all its power limited. It was shit.
>>
I think it would be a waste. There was a ton of potential in the vita and it was squandered, east and west. East still gets games at least, but like, I can count on one hand the games that had cross-play with PS3, which was a HUGE advertised feature.
>>
I think Sony should try going for a different market. Make something cheap, comfortable to use (even at the cost of analog sticks), capable of fitting in someone's pocket, and with a focus on battery over power.
>>
>>375861667
>DS was weaker than PSP
DS won
>3DS was weaker than PSVita
3DS won
>Switch was weaker than _______
Switch won
>>
>>375854001
I liked my vita, but proprietary memory cards fucking killed it. As well as useless touch screens.
>>
>>375857938

If they really want to be successful they need to just quit using proprietary memory cards all together and switch to simple SD storage.

If they do proprietary again you might as well expect them to charge an arm and leg again. It's the entire point of using it.

If they're making one I do not expect Sony to understand this lesson at all.
>>
File: Sonic_impatient.gif (2KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_impatient.gif
2KB, 100x100px
>>375861856
>No Genesis
>No SNES
>No Gameboy
>No NES
>>
>>375861159
Man all versions of the PSP were uncomfortable as fuck. I've never played a Vita, but I had a PSP-1000 and now I have a Go, and both of them cause my hand to go numb after like 30 minutes or even less of playing.

I actually went out and bought a dock so I could mount my PSP Go onto my PS3 controller and play it with the bluetooth, but then all that did was make my PS3 controller heavy as fuck and pretty much resulted in the same types of numbness or cramps.

I'd actually be impressed if the Vita actually managed to fix this.
>>
>IPS or OLED
>1080p
>Micro SD
>6" screen
>browser/music/video stock apps
>netflix
>PSN
>PS1/PS2 full backwards capability
>PS3 backwards capability ons ome games with more to ocme
>PS4 remote play
>$299 base model
>$399 with headphones 8gb sd and bundles digital game codes and 1 moth PSN and other nic-naks
>standard USB connection

Just remove the proprietary kike jew shit
>>
>>375862301
I didn't list my Gameboy, SP, and PSP either. Or my intellivison. No, I didn't ever own a genesis, snes or nes.
>>
>>375862360
>I'd actually be impressed if the Vita actually managed to fix this.

It does. It's wide enough so you don't scrunch up your hands and long enough to allow you to rest the console in your palms should you want to but also perfectly sized to allow for portable gaming.
They struck a perfect combo with the ergonomics
>>
Vita only died because of the fucking memory cards.

Would shit on 3ds had they not gone full retard with that shit
>>
>>375862436
>PS3 BC
>1080p display
>$299

Sure, if Sony sells it at a massive loss, again, and loses billions of dollars, again.

Also
>Wanting PS+
>>
Honestly I see Sony doing it BUT I also see it failing horribly.

If it was a digital PS4, it would probably fail horribly. If it was another dedicated portable with separate software, it'd also likely fail horribly just because of the state of the industry and because no Pokemon or such. Madden, COD, and other dudebro shit is just not desired as much on portables. There's a small group that would play them on portables, but most of those people want it on their 8k TV and such.

It's not like they're shy about releasing shit just to sweep it under the rug quickly tho.
>>
>>375862564

It died because of memory cards and it failed in the West even harder due to the lawsuit
>>
>>375862436
>1080p
>Micro SD
>PS1/PS2 full backwards capability
>PS3 backwards capability ons ome games with more to ocme

>$299 base model

here we got all the things that won't be on a hypothetical new portable
>>
>>375855234
You're obviously lying but I don't have a PS4 and I would buy this.
>>
>>375862640
>lawsuit

What?
>>
>>375862564
Guess which console have Monster hunter.
>>
>>375862564
>Cost more to buy the unit itself
>No backward compatibility
>Had few games that appealed to the general public
Yeah, it would have totally destroyed the 3DS.
>>
File: 1492894011381.gif (690KB, 510x510px) Image search: [Google]
1492894011381.gif
690KB, 510x510px
Btw

Is worth buying one?

Just for play weeb shet I mean
>>
>>375862574
They pretty much already do the PS3 thing to a certain extent though. I don't think they would be able to offer backwards compatibility, but the Vita already manages to run some PS3 games with some graphic downgrades, and even some less demanding PS4 ones, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a successor running PS3 games natively.
1080p is retarded though. 720p looks good on the Switch, so on something similar to a Vita it would look even better. 1080p is unnecessary, just like high resolutions on phones.
>>
>>375862752
Or Pokemon

Or anything Mario-related
>>
>>375862564
Vita had no games to interest the majority of people. Sony does not have a pokemon.
>>
>>375862732

They had a lawsuit filed against them for false advertisement and it succeeded. They outsourced their ads to a group that did no research and as such had to pay everybody who purchased a Vita up until that point compensation. The real damage came from the ads they used for the Vita becoming illegal to use again, so if they wanted to advertise they had to make brand new ones.
>>
>>375862524
Except when playing analog games
Minecraft is the crampiest fucking game
>>
>>375862916
Point being for Sony to deliver what you asked for they'd either have to charge out the ass, making it rather pointless as expensive portables never do well and it won't get much support, or they'd have to sell it at a loss and they lost literal billions doing that with the PS3.

And better hardware is probably bad for a portable at this point, games are just too expensive to make. I think that's a big reason why the Vita didn't get much beyond low-budget stuff, publishers aren't going to want to bother with it for the same reasons they didn't bother with the Wii U and largely ignored the Vita, not worth their time because the returns will be too low.
>>
>>375863043
That was only in EU though and didn't have much of an impact on overall sales. That was a couple years in IIRC and the Vita had already failed to get a foothold. They advertised remote play with PS3 games and only a tiny handful ever supported it, but I highly doubt that was a big selling point for the thing.
>>
File: 62717122_p4_master1200.jpg (317KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
62717122_p4_master1200.jpg
317KB, 1200x900px
>>375854001
>>375855234
>>375857938
>>375858047
>>375859185
>>375859538
>>375859837
REALLY? ARE THEY REALLY MAKING A VITA2? I THOUGHT SONY WAS DONE WITH HANDHELDS SINCE EVERYONE PLAYS ON MOBILE NOW
>>
>>375863456
>Are they really
Who the fuck knows. We've had these threads every year around E3 time since the Vita died.
>>
>>375854001
As the 2nd comment implied, I'd rather just take a Portable Downgraded PS4, to be absolutely honest.
>>
>>375856873
No they can't. Android Devices have "Play!" which is an entirely different emulator that's not nearly as functional/accurate and fast as PCSX2 is.
>>
>>375856570
>However, if it has paid online
Of course that it will have paid online, P$N gives billions in revenue to $ony
>>
>>375863407

It affected all the English ads as all were done by the same company. Nobody even knows a Vita exists where I'm from solely because there hasn't been advertisement for it.
Granted, they don't know what a Switch is either so even as circumstantial evidence it isn't very convincing
>>
>>375863456

Most likely.
They hired some software devs to make portable gaming apps so we've yet to see if it's a new Vita or a new Xperia
>>
>>375862913
If you have to ask, no.
>>
>>375864136
Didn't Sony made some new studios for the sole purpuse of making mobile apps? Its probably that. A Psvita 2 is impossible
>>
>>375860796
>PS controllers are not comfortable.
literal retard with malformed hands and scoliosis detected.
>>
>>375854001
I'll bite. What on earth makes you think Sony will make another handheld after the Vita failed horrendously?
>>
>>375865030
Sonyfags
>>
>>375865030
>the Vita failed horrendously
Only in the west. It's pretty popular in Japan. Not really on the level of the 3DS, but it didn't fail there at all.
>>
>>375864919
>I like segmented D-pads, oddly-shaped, flat grips, mushy triggers and analog sticks an inch away from one another
Yes, you have shit taste.
>>
>>375865189
>It's pretty popular in Japan
Ws pretty popular. Now the console is dying there too thanks to the Switch
>>
>>375865030

Patents, rumors of a new sony console, and job listings for software devs for "next-gen portable gaming device".
>>
>>375865464
A lot of Sony devs still like it, and it didn't suddenly die because of the Switch. Regardless, that doesn't change the fact that it didn't fail in Japan, even if the Switch is essentially replacing it now.
>>
>>375865464
>Was pretty popular. Now the console is dying there too thanks to the Switch
Don't think is because of the Switch. it does not have the niche games that the vita as
>>
>>375865189
It didn't make Sony any money though, might have been nice for tiny Japanese developers who make VNs and shit but Sony isn't going to make another portable if that's what they can expect again. They'll just ride the Vita out until people largely lose interest.
>>
>>375865781
>It didn't make Sony any money though
Nice sources, as always.
>>
>>375865464

Devs on Vita are avoiding Switch. The only ones that aren't are those who multiplat PC/PS4/Vita anyway.

>>375865781
It outsold the Wii U and was cheap to make. Plus the proprietary cards alone caused them to break even so it isn't like they sold at a loss. It just didn't print money.

I don't understand people who think that just because it wasn't in the top spot in sales that it suddenly causes a group to go bankrupt
>>
>>375863035
This is the main issue. Sony was never able to capture lightning in a bottle like Nintendo managed to do 3 times. Also, none of the first party Vita games had the wide appeal needed to become huge.
>Freedom Wars: "Hey look at that MonHun clone that's really a 3rd person shooter bit we need to kill its reputation"
>SoulSac: "Hey look at that magic based arena brawler that we must call a MonHun clone to kill its reputation"
>Oreshika: Literally nobody cared about one of the best pick up and play RPGs on the system
>>
>>375858665
Vita tv is pretty great though. I'm kinda surprised it flopped as hard as it did.
>>
Vita TV was was GOAT when it had PSNow support. Being able to fit a streaming console that plays vita games in your pocket to play on hotel WiFi was amazing. Fuck you Sony you fucking kikes.
>>
>>375865868
Yeah, it sure made them a ton, they're supporting it with lots of games and the software sales for games that aren't extremely low-budget Japan-only games are great!

Oh, wait...

>>375865909
>bankrupt
Never said that, it just didn't make enough money for Sony to want to make another portable. It completely failed to meet their expectations and do what they wanted it to do outside Japan, and inside Japan in some ways. It's not a matter of just being profitable or not, it's a matter of whether or not the time and money spent on creating that profitability is worth it as opposed to using it elsewhere to potentially make even more money.
>>
>>375866674
>Streaming games
If you're in a hotel why not just bring the console?
>>
>>375866687
Wouldn't be surprised if they made money off it now. They haven't spent a dime on it for years and their memory cards are like 800% profit for them I imagine.
>>
>>375859954
i really just got the switch for Monster Hunter, i go where it goes
>>
>>375866784
PS3 streaming I mean. I don't want to pack a PS3 in my luggage everytime I go on a business trip. Vita tv is smaller than a deck of cards.
>>
File: 2017-04-15-145021.jpg (84KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-15-145021.jpg
84KB, 960x544px
>>375866687
>extremely low-budget Japan-only games
As always, nice sources.
Have a (You) my man, seems like you need it.
>>
>>375854001
>Was a handheld fag growing up with the GBC and all the stuff after that (GBA/DS/PSP)
>Get into Runescape and LoL
>Get brainwashed into consumerism and build a gaymin PC
>Don't even play Runescape and LoL anymore
>Tfw I missed the whole 3DS and Vita libary

PS Vita 2 would be my dream, I will buy the Nintendo 2DS XL and look out for a Vita.

There is a high chance for Sony going for another handheld, in Japan handhelds are the most popular plattform by far and get huge support.
>>
File: 1492784570482.jpg (47KB, 376x376px) Image search: [Google]
1492784570482.jpg
47KB, 376x376px
>>375859754
>3 ports and a game that might not even come out this year
>>
>People don't want Vita 2
>Competition is bad thing
>t. Switchfag
>>
>>375855234
>scaled at 720p
Wow so a bigger resolution than normal? Like a reverse PS TV?

Weird.
>>
>>375863456

The 3DS was a success in the heart of the mobile uptick.

If they launch something new in all this, do it right, at the right price, no proprietary shit, it could possibly be successful coming off the success of the PS4.

They probably see the need to compete with the Switch as well. I'd say there's a pretty big chance of them having something in the works. As successful as the PS4 has been consoles aren't the future. Handheld is.
>>
>>375867501
>People don't want Vita 2
Only weebs and japanese pervs
>>Competition is bad thing
No but, the Vita as irrelevant, 3DS main competitor was mobile(The 3DS lost)
>>
>>375867776
>As successful as the PS4 has been consoles aren't the future
PS4 is the most successful console ever, it will likely surpass PS2 sales
>Handheld is the future
3DS sold less than half of the DS
>>
>>375867831
There will always be a core market for handheld gaming. Just because people use phones to play microtransaction garbage doesn't mean that people who once played DS/3DS are going to mobile.
>>
>>375868103
>it will likely surpass PS2 sales
Lol
>>
>>375868103

Still doesn't invalidate what I said. Just because the PS4 was quite successful doesn't mean they should abandon all ventures into mobile.

That's how you die in the tech world.
>>
>>375855234
Sounds like the dumbest fucking idea ever. When is Sony announcing this?
>>
>>375854001
The only thing that can save a PSV2 it's a PSP2, with full CFW hack in the very first day.

Also:

>PS1 compatible
>PS2 compatible
>PS2 compatible
>PS3 compatible
>PSV compatible
>PS4 remote play

>NO MORE FUCKING PROPRIETARY MEMORY CARD

I will buy 2
>>
>>375856275
>Sony using standard formats
Ayyy
>>
>>375866997
>http://gematsu.com/exclusives/ps-vita
Here's the Vita's exclusive games, and look at that, most are low-budget and never leave Japan.
>>
>>375868689
It doesn't help that any worthwhile Vita exclusive gets ported to PS4/PC. Fucking Sony.
>>
>>375868518

This. It's their problem. They're too greedy on their mobile shit.

Look at the PS4 in comparison to their teams. Wildly successful, any HDD brand you want, great support, decent price, sells really well.

Vita division? Proprietary out the ass, very high priced early on for a handheld, little support aside from them turning to niche Japanese support later on, and was pretty much a failure only propped up on their shitty proprietary shit.

Make it cheaper, make it use regular SD cards for storage, and use their leverage now of the PS4 being the defacto winner of this gen so far and you'd have have a powerhouse able to compete with Switch.
>>
>>375868968
>and use their leverage now of the PS4 being the defacto winner of this gen so far
I don't think they can, at all. They can't magically transfer their market share to mobile. I'm guessing their handheld strategy will involve cellphones and games for them. If they had played stuff like pic related right, they could have made a killing there.
>>
File: 1428687780050.jpg (69KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1428687780050.jpg
69KB, 600x600px
So despite Sony treating it like a red headed step child, Im guessing the Vita eventually turned a profit right? If so I dont see why they wouldn't squeeze out another until one truly does tank, especially if they can shill out their shitty memory cards at a stupidly inflated price again..
>>
>>375869772

It made a profit a while ago. People just think that because it wasn't #1 it pushed them into the red.

The problem was that, while it covered costs, it wasn't a viable platform for AAA games which is what Sony wanted to focus on.
>>
>with the 4g data card
>all my pc games, emulators, android shit games
>good phone quality
>good controls for most games
>decent screen size

don't make me post the picture you all love so much :^)
>>
>>375869628
Xperia play was great but even with PS4's success, going against Samsung and Apple is suicide. Is Sony's phone division even still a thing?
>>
>>375869628

I don't know.

If Nintendo can go from the Wii U to the Switch being a commercial success so far then Sony with the right marketing can make a handheld that's profitable. I can't see it being that hard.

It just needs a hard rebranding and with a lot of support they could do it. Just throw Dark Souls and some other shit on it and make it cheapish and brand it like a handheld PS4.

They kind of tried with Vita being a handheld PS3 but the price was too high and proprietary killed it. It could feasibly work by this point with the right price, right library of PS2 games on a virtual console style thing, and some good third party support.
>>
>>375870059
Honestly, I think alot of the Switches hype from normies is the fact that the Wii U was such a flop. Many people I know excited about the Switch didn't even know much about the Wii U. To them this is the first Nintendo console in ages.
>>
>>375869628
what a great fucking phone
i miss playing pokemon pinball during boring lectures
>>
>>375870247

Some of it is. Some of it is also it's "I'm a handheld but also a home console" sort of gimmick.

Sony can pull the same shit. Literally call it "PS4 Lite" or something. Make a tablet thing. Bam. Would be better than "Vita." Seriously. What a stupid fucking decision.
>>
>>375870247
Same thing with the Vita. I have told people that the Vita can stream their PS4 games and they were wanting to buy one until they found out about the price and lack of games they were interested in. Marketing goes a long way. It's why I think the Scorpio will fail. There hasn't been much marketing about it and there is virtually zero consumer awareness outside those who follow Xbox.
>>
>>375870426
>Wii U
>Vita
>Xbox One

Who was naming this shit?
>>
File: 1478210508242.png (206KB, 431x539px) Image search: [Google]
1478210508242.png
206KB, 431x539px
>>375854001
The new PS Vita WILL happen.

Why? Because of the switch. I know what you're thinking:
>It will flop hard and the switch will succeed

I know. But that doesn't really matter. Just by creating a Vita, they will create competition for the switch. Part of the reason it's selling so god damn much right now is because there's not any other next-gen alternative. Even if the Vita ends up with only 25% of the market vs the 3DS and Switch, that's still sales that they're taking away from Nintendo. The switch is currently humiliating the PS4 in sales, and obviously that's to be expected since Switch is new and PS4 is not, but if Nintendo creates enough momentum they could end up with a Wii 2. So Sony has to stop it somehow and their only hope of doing so is with a new Portable device. The only reason the 3DS is stopping at around 70 mil is because the Vita exists and japanese devs are moving to that since it has more power. If the Vita didn't exist in the first place, the 3DS would probably be close to 80 mil right now. Maybe more.
Plus, while the Vita did not meet Sony's expectations, it's still making a profit even today, so it wasn't a complete waste. The only real loss Sony had was their team's time making Vita games, like Naughty Dog making that Uncharted game that sold like shit. But that's it. There's no reason not to do it.
>>
>>375856954
>Even in the job listings for the new handheld it was just titled "next-gen portable gaming device

what job listing are you on about
>>
>>375870637
The Vita was profitable for nothing else than helping to prop up the PS4 with Vita ports.
>>
>>375870564

Wii U was Nintendo not understanding that they had already named too much shit with Wii. Like their games and that Wii Fit thing.

Xbox One was just plain stupid. They wanted it to be the "all in one" entertainment center but numbers matter so it's fucking retarded and I'm sure someone brought it up but they were fired afterward.

Vita is the biggest mystery. They didn't have issues. Sony always names their systems by number. I just can't see a reason.
>>
>>375870836
>I just can't see a reason.
They did what Nintendo did: Our last system failed, so let's switch the name. Except they kinda fucked up. PSP2 would've just been far better. When you say "PSP2" to someone, even if they didn't know it existed, they would immediately know what it is and be like "Wow I didn't know that existed!"

You tell them about the Vita... They're like wtf. You tell them about the Playstation Vita, they just wonder what that is.
>>
File: ps_vita_memory_card.jpg (46KB, 602x750px) Image search: [Google]
ps_vita_memory_card.jpg
46KB, 602x750px
>>375870836
>I just can't see a reason
Sure is a mystery.
>>
>>375870758

He's probably talking about this https://www.technopro-careers.com/archives/921
>>
>>375871039
Anyone saying propietary cards are the reason the Vita failed is plain retarded. Most game sales have always been physical and this is doubly true for Handhelds. This changes nothing.
>>
>>375871031
It didn't help too that everyone that owned a PSP felt fucked over by Sony since only digital games were backwards compatible. Granted PS4 did the same shit sortof but the handheld market is much more niche.
>>
>>375870059
>I can't see it being that hard.
They lack nintendo's software division. I know they own their share of studios, but none of them are very good at making handheld games.
>>
>>375871039
>Sure is a mystery.
Are you fucking retarded? He's talking about how he can't see a reason it's called Vita, as opposed to a standard PS numbering sequence.
Are you saying it's called Vita BECAUSE of the card? Or are you just fucking stupid, and all these letters jumble into nonsense for you?
>>
There are no factory leak so there wouldn't any announcement for the next successor to the Vita.
>>
File: 224886.jpg (39KB, 404x491px) Image search: [Google]
224886.jpg
39KB, 404x491px
>>375854001
Only if they have the triggers!! I need my L2 and R2 triggers.

The switch made me realize how much triggers matter, I just to play Persona on my vita!!
>>
File: 1417837659282.gif (119KB, 432x412px) Image search: [Google]
1417837659282.gif
119KB, 432x412px
>>375854001
My prediction:

>Sony announces a new handheld
>it won't be called the Vita, but it will be just a slightly bigger version of the Vita with different (not better) hardware
>the UI is worse than the Vita's
>it has a completely arbitrary list of PS1, PSP, and Vita 1 games that it won't be able to download or install (and some hackers will confirm that they're perfectly playable. they're just not install-able)
>even more conveniently, Sony will release ""updated"" ""remasters"". But they won't be cheap. Not even if you owned the original.
>it can run PS3 games translation: they'll port over GoW, Uncharted, and maybe Killzone. And yes. They're going to run like shit. And yes. They're going to have PSP-tier graphics
>Sony forgot to give it PS Now and PS4 streaming support. but they'll... PATCH IT
>online passes are back. and yes, you'll still need a PSN+ subscription
>they won't even bother putting social media apps in this thing; the icons will just open the page up in the browser

And of course, PS2 emulation never.
>>
>>375870000
>don't make me post the picture you all love so much :^)
Post it faggot
>>
>>375872895
That's because they didn't want to tie it to the PSP, because it didn't do as well as expected. They tried to separate the brand, which is a valid marketing strategy.
Of course it blew up in their faces, but calling it PSP2 wouldn't have changed things much, and would have generated expectations of backwards compatibility.
>>
>>375867776
>Handheld is.
What, the future? don't make me laugh
>The 3DS was a success in the heart of the mobile uptick.
We are NOW living in an era where everyone has mobiles. Making a new handheld right now would be literal suicide
>>
>>375870637
>The new PS Vita WILL happen.
Keep telling youself that. Handhelds are dead next year
>>
>>375854001
A gaf mod with insider knowledge alluded to this and it was also found on a Japanese website that Sony was was planning something with mobile. Sony announcing a portable at E3 is their rumored hardware announcement. I would guarantee it. I would also guarantee it won't have Vita in its name.

I would bet on a Switch-type hybrid product also with detatchable controllers. For hardware it won't be PS4-compatible. That's impossible and AMD has no mobile products like Nvidia. Nvidia is probably out too because I don't think they have a good relationship with them (then again Nintendo dithered them with 3DS only to partner with them again for Switch).

I say this thing will have smartphone hardware like Vita. Quad core ARM CPU better than the Switch but a PowerVR GPU that's slightly worse. Probably 6GB of slightly faster RAM. And a 1080p screen even though games will render at 720p. This way they have dick-waving on-paper specs for fanboys to argue about. Actual performance will be comparable to Switch though. Maybe Vita and PSP BC
>>
>>375874378
>We are NOW living in an era where everyone has mobiles. Making a new handheld right now would be literal suicide
Not really. Mobile gaming has settled on f2p micro transaction garbage. Games you buy now will probably break with the next OS update. Mobile is not a serious gaming platform. Hence there is a market for a serious gaming platform which the Switch has all to itself. Sony had one failure following one success. Sure mobile devices have changed the landscape and compete for free time more than anything. But if Nintendo can do it Sony isn't going to just sit there. It's probably a dumb move yes but they will most likely try
>>
>>375859536
>I heard that SONY WILL DEMOLISH NINTENDO WITH THE VITA2
God. What year is it? It feels like I'm on an early 2000s forum reading a rumor about how Sony will demolish nintendo with the PSP.
>>
>>375875178
Or a early 2010 reading a rumor about how Sony will demolish Nintendo with the Vita
>>
>>375875067
>But if Nintendo can do it
Only reason the 3DS sold well is because the 3DS came out in a time where not everyone could own a Smartphone device. Also because Pokemon, Mario games and because the console was way cheaper than the PSVITA. Now its different. Only reason 3DS is still alive is because it has tons of games and people already bought the console back in 2011. If Nintendo or Sony decide to make a completely new handheld device its going to die without a doubt
>>
>>375862913
>Is worth buying one?
It WAS worth buying one back when it was cheap. Now they're gonna run you up like $200+ and have a chance of not being at a hackable firmware.

Weebshit sucks.
>>
>>375854001
vita 2 is happening when they fixed henkaku they created a completely new security system. not something you would do for a dead system. they plan on using the vita os again.
>>
>>375875574
Sony marketed the Vita to "adult" gamers with shit like Uncharted not realizing that the people who they targeted don't care for handheld consoles. By trying to distinguish themselves from the 3DS market audience they got nothing.
>>
>>375871039
>Want to buy some games during the golden week
>I need to either constantly delete things on my 8GB card or drop fucking $50 on a 16 GB card
>FUCK buying anything bigger than that
Worst part is they're probably only gonna get more expensive from here on out
>>
>>375870637
The Uncharted game was made by the guys that worked on the PSP Syphon Filter games (not Naughty Dog), it launched at $50 and sold over 1 million copies, and was successful enough that they went and made a brand new engine for Vita 1st party exclusives at Sony's bequest and after they finished that and went to get the okay for making an Uncharted Vita 2, Naughty Dog vetoed it since they were working on Uncharted 4 and didn't want a Vita game cheapening their brand before release, and Sony refused to greenlight any new Vita games from them, and so they had to work on something for PS4 instead.

So while it was successful, you're right that Sony still sees time spent making Vita games as a missed opportunity to do a PS4 game instead.
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.