[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Koopalings overused?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Are the Koopalings overused?
>>
>>375853189
In the sense that people are sick to death of each one being their own individual boss battle? Fuck yes, they're overused. But if they just do what they did in Paper Jam and pair them up or even how they did it in SSS and just have them be a miniboss konga they're fine.
>>
They could step back from them and start using them in more creative ways than the same seven boss fights in each world. Their character designs are great but their gameplay design is wanting. Maybe have them as a boss rush in the last world or have them work together for a new combination boss.
>>
>>375853347
This. The problem is that the Koopalings have battle that feel too similar, but they're used as World/Chapter bosses. In the Mario & Luigi, they work because they aren't the only big bosses outside of Bowser/Bowser Jr./Kamek that you're facing.
>>
I refuse to belive anybody ever seriously asked himself that
>>
>>375853635
I could get behind koopa mecha gattai
>>
>>375853347
>>375853645
Each one has terrifically creative fights in Color Splash
>>
>>375853347
The problem isn't that they are their own bosses, it's that they're the only bosses in the games they show up in now.
>>
>>375854246
Doesn't matter if you know exactly what you're gonna be getting for the rest of the game once you face your first koopaling boss.And even then, nothing about their battles in Color Splash couldn't have been done with new characters or fighters-- they all had pretty much the same set up and fight pattern even if each one had their own details.
>>
>>375853347
>In the sense that people are sick to death of each one being their own individual boss battle? Fuck yes, they're overused.
Underage please leave.
>>
>>375854972
But that's gonna almost always be the case if each one is their own boss. 7 chapter/stage bosses will almost never be less than at least half the bosses in the game, if not a lot more than half.
>>
>people BEGGED for the koopalings to come back after complaining about Bowser Jr being everywhere in the gamecube era
>same people now sick of them
>Bowser Jr is actually one of the deeper-written characters in Mario now
>>
>>375855682
Well, I remember when NSMB on the DS came out and people were like "this is fantastic! They should make more games like this!" I think there was even a screwattack top ten that said Nintendo should pimp it out with multiple itterations like Street Fighter did.

And look what that got us. The moral is that consumers don't always think their wants through.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.