[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you playing Squad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: artillery.webm (3MB, 1066x600px) Image search: [Google]
artillery.webm
3MB, 1066x600px
Why aren't you playing Squad?
>>
File: magic.jpg (136KB, 703x479px) Image search: [Google]
magic.jpg
136KB, 703x479px
i thought they weren't doing suicide bombers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkMqwjcBsbg
>>
>>375849478
Because it isn't done yet
>>
I played the free weekend and it's ok, but I enjoy arma more, I'm not sure why I dont enjoy squad, maybe its the unfamiliar controls that I dont feel like learning or the mechanics, who knows, maybe i'm just retarded.
>>
>>375849478
because everything abouzt the game is tedious
id rather play arma
>>
File: 1492588132569.jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492588132569.jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>375851165
>random arab music
>not jihad nasheeds

fucking casuals I swear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UISNUrqJXaw
>>
File: 1489856633225.png (162KB, 276x290px) Image search: [Google]
1489856633225.png
162KB, 276x290px
>>375851508
This is now Nasheed general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xfWnlRDHYw
>>
Open world realistic team shooters are boring as fuck. It looks great and the realism strikes my autism in the right ways but I have not got enough time to spend on getting good at it.

I'm playing escape from tarkov alpha instead. Good realistic shooter that doesn't require a competent team or 3 hours of lying around spawn points
>>
>>375852084
rounds usually aren't longer than an hour though.
>>
>>375849478
What's new in the update?
>>
>>375852574
mortars, mines, ied, mrap
>>
>>375849478
Because Project Reality is free and is more feature complete anyway. Enough people play to keep it alive for full games.
>>
>>375851165
>leaked ETA footage
>>
File: 1477075709186.jpg (334KB, 1520x1604px) Image search: [Google]
1477075709186.jpg
334KB, 1520x1604px
>>375851703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcRE9rrp58I
>>
>>375852756
>Enough people play to keep it alive for full games.
>barely 100 people on the weekends
Sorry to say this but the game is dead senpai
>>
>>375849478
why?
>>375852336
this is why

Rounds are too fast for my taste. Game doesn't have a commander system nor does it punish you for going lonewolf.

Why bother moving in a squad when you can spawn from the nearest fob, sprint into combat and go 30-1 by camping a chokepoint?

Game feels like Insurgency with vehicles. Combat is way too quick and CQC focused.
Game has no GPGM's, Special roles / kit variety.
No proper combined arms. Grenadier kit is shit compared to PR.

Old PR maps they added are poorly made and worse then their PR counterparts. Couple of Squads original maps are okay.

Plus the devs have stated that they want to appeal to casual dads that only have 30mins to play so they try and keep the game pacing fast and "exciting".

This kills the game. No more talking shit with your squadmates while waiting for transport or holding a quiet flag. They threw all that fun downtime into trash because they favor FUN EXPLOSIONS AND COMBAT 24/7. Fuck Squad.
>>
>>375849478
So how many threads did they hire you to post? How long will we have to deal with the constant shilling? You could try you know, like, not posting the exact same thing every time.
>>
>>375853385
I'll be waiting for the inevitable PR mod for Squad once the game is done.
>>
>>375853385
>Being this asshurt

I constantly have fun talking with squadmates while we hold a position keeping an eye open, hiking to our next spot, during a car/truck/APC ride.

The only map where you spend a lot of time in combat is basra.

I've had rounds that last over an hour and rounds that last four five minutes. That's more than long enough, especially for people who aren't shut in NEETs
>>
>>375853381
It's a low number of active players to be sure, but "barely 100" is just blatantly false.

There are 328 online right now according to PRSPY, mostly Europeans, but on the weekend that jumps to more active levels.
>>
>>375853385
What I mean is I liked these games for the same reason many people liked WoW and other MMO's back before raid finders and all those things.

Community, talking to people, calm times between combat. Combat in PR felt more tense since it wasn't constant. You had calmer moments in a round where you just sat around chilling and holding a point.

War is really boring 95% of the time. You sit around talking shit with your mates. I want to experience even some of that comradery in these games.

It's why I played PR.. and still do.
>>
>>375853797
You are ruining my favourite niche genre by being a casual faggot with no time to spend on vidya.

I also don't like Squads visuals. Forests look off and the particle effects need work. RPG impacts look like fuel explosions half of the time and the recent mortar visuals don't look good either. I don't know if its the shitty engine they went with or lack of talent in the devteam.
>>
>>375853279
This is not a nasheed, scrub
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.