[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: 8/10 first half, 3/10 second half

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: 3.jpg (113KB, 1193x496px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
113KB, 1193x496px
ITT: 8/10 first half, 3/10 second half
>>
>>375845129
Pic not related? The game only got good when you unlocked Overdrive and then it was good until the end.
>>
Could be worse
>>
>>375845206
No, in the second half you're just revisiting the same areas you've already been to several times, and the sidequests kind of just become a checklist. Then you've got the godawful cliffhanger.
And by the time you have enough arts and skills to make interesting combinations the game is more or less over
>>
>>375845129
Agreed
>>
File: xenogears.jpg (86KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
xenogears.jpg
86KB, 256x240px
>>375845129
it's a series tradition
>>
>>375845129
Not really, unless you do a LOT of sidemissions instead of focusing on the story in that time, as the story itself (as poorly-written as it is) does take you through each region gradually.
>>
>>375846075
>unless you do a LOT of sidemissions instead of focusing on the story in that time
You're supposed to do that. Else you'll be overleveled when you come back to do the sidequests.
>>
>>375845224
This was 3/10 all the way through.
>>
>>375846159
I guess it depends then on what sidemissions you actually do.
>>
>>375846372
I mean, aren't you supposed to do all of them?
Its not like Skyrim where only mages can do the college of winterhold questline or something like that.
>>
>>375846541
>aren't you supposed to do all of them?
No, why would you think that?
>>
>>375846656
Why WOULDN'T you do all of them? You miss out on the lore if you don't.
I'm not talking about the ones from the terminal.
>>
>>375846737
I got that you were talking about normal/affinity missions, but I don't see any reason to do all of them. Do you do all the sidequests in other RPGs? If not, why do all of them in this one?
>>
>>375846864
>Do you do all the sidequests in other RPGs?
I don't do that in the "make your own quest" type of RPGs, because I usually just do ones that fit my character's role/personality, but I usually do them all in games like Xenoblade because they don't have enough variety for multiple playthroughs so I see no reason not to go for 100%.
>>
>>375846159
you can't even access certain main quests until you've levelled up a bit from doing sidequests
>>
File: na-cover-art(2).png (573KB, 481x504px) Image search: [Google]
na-cover-art(2).png
573KB, 481x504px
>>375845129
>>
>>375846997
Really? As the sidequests in Xenoblade (Wii) were utter garbage, I can't even begin to imagine how tedious that would be to 100%; XCX's sidemissions are significantly better, but there's such a ridiculous amount of them that it's not worth the effort either.
>>375847025
>until you've levelled up a bit from doing sidequests
Not true, some story missions require specific sidemissions to be completed in order to start that story chapter, but at no point do you need to level up to do the story mission - it always has a level requirement of 1.
>>
>>375847394
didn't some of the required sidequests require levels though? I remember there was a reason why I did a whole bunch of side quests between story missions but I never ended up overlevelled.
>>
>>375847394
Well I didn't do it in Xenoblade Wii because they don't really offer any backstory or lore, except for the one with the nopon drug dealer, so I didn't see a reason to do all of them.
With Xenoblade X I didn't want to miss out on the lore or backstory and every quest has that stuff so I felt compelled to do them all. But on the actual gameplay side of things, the sidequests are kind of tedious and boring.
>>
>>375847572
Oh, yeah you might be right there, I didn't think of that.
>>375847584
Not my problem if you're such a lorefag, especially since mof of the sidemissions don't have any 'lore' so I'm not even that sure what you're talking about.
>>
>>375847728
>especially since mof of the sidemissions don't have any 'lore'
They literally all have some sort of outcome whether its more backstory for the party members, humans in NLA or the aliens, or Mira itself
>>
File: 1485086754846.webm (3MB, 580x400px) Image search: [Google]
1485086754846.webm
3MB, 580x400px
>>375845972
>>375845340
Strangely enough in both cases the plot only gets interesting in the second half.

Like all the interesting shit in Xenogears I remember are all the crazy events that happen during the VN half of the game. Meanwhile in Xenoblade X like the first 3/4ths of the game is just saturday morning cartoon tier until it's right about to end and then shit finally starts getting Xeno. Also I had more fun figuring out the post game tyrants and superbosses than I did with the rest of the game. Shame the game gets really grind heavy once you hit the post-game though, I feel it turned people off from the best content the game has to offer. X really let you dig into the combat system and had some really unique challenges set up for you.
>>
>>375847839
>They literally all have some sort of outcome
Not they don't, I'm not even sure half of them do. There certainly are some that have an impact, but it's not literally all of them.
>>
>>375847945
Yes it is all of them, the only ones that don't are the ones from the terminal.
What quest lines do you think don't have an impact?
>>
>>375848014
It's been months since I played the game, but I recall 2 or 3 normal missions about a safe. As entertaining as it was in its own right, it didn't add any lore/worldbuilding at all and was just its own event separate from anything else.
>>
What half? There's no distinct halves in XCX.
>>
>>375848014
>>375848238
also the Rise of the Blood Lobster mission doesn't even have a story, you just collect 99 lobsters.
>>
>>375848238
>>375848348
I guess those dont add anything to the overall narrative but you don't know that until you get to the end, and based on the rest of the quests most people are going to want try to do them to see what stories they have.
>>
>>375848238
>>375848348
>>375848462
Also that's only two quest lines out of like 40 in the game
>>
File: Xenogears Chronicles.png (398KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears Chronicles.png
398KB, 520x390px
>>375845972
>>
>>375848326
He probably means post-Skell
>>
File: CyPnYtv.jpg (308KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CyPnYtv.jpg
308KB, 2048x1536px
Mitsuda, ACE+ and Kiyota are going in hard with the Xenoblade 2 OST

It's basically Takahashi apologising for X's OST
>>
>>375848462
Nah, you just want to do every sidemission for no particular reason since you're an autist. I mean, look at this mission list http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Normal_Missions
See all those "Trailbrazling" missions? All fetchquests, no story whatsoever in any of those; same applies for the Proficicency Exam and Planetary Pioneer missions. It's also highly debatable whether most of the other missions even have lore just because the characters have a few lines at the end of the mission - like, would you really call all those silly Nopon missions "worldbuilding"?

Look, it's fine if you want to do every mission for whatever reason you have yourself, but don't try to act like it's the fault of the game when doing every mission is so tedious: there's a reason people don't do 100% speedruns of all the missions here, there's no point. You're the first person I've ever seen that's claiming to be doing every single mission - if you were just doing them for the "lore", you could just read about it rather than play through each and every mission for hundreds of hours.

>>375848696
Skell is earlier than halfway really
>>
>>375848696
I did drop it just after getting a skell.
Gonna pick it back up soon.
>>
>>375849304
Sawano did nothing wrong.
>>
>>375849304
X's OST was amazing, nothing to apologize for.
>>
>>375849418
>>375849483

It garnered a mixed reception.

Thankfully, we've got good composers on board Xenoblade 2.
>>
>>375846238

Get some taste
>>
>>375849367
>See all those "Trailbrazling" missions? All fetchquests, no story whatsoever in any of those
Actually that's wrong you fucking retard. Kirsty explains the backstory of the development of FrontierNav once you finish all of them. So it IS required to see the whole story.
>: there's a reason people don't do 100% speedruns of all the missions here, there's no point.
Lots of people do that.
>you could just read about it rather than play through each and every mission for hundreds of hours.
There's nowhere to read about it.
>>
File: 115460.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
115460.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
MUM SAID IT'S MY TURN TO BE THE HERO
>>
>>375849673
>Kirsty explains the backstory of the development of FrontierNav once you finish all of them. So it IS required to see the whole story.
Who gives a shit? Do you seriously give a shit about that? It's just a short snippet of dialogue you get after doing a billion fucking quests for it, and even then it doesn't really explain anything about FrontierNav. I'm honestly baffled right now that you could say that.
>Lots of people do that.
No speedrun exists in XCX for all missions, they all just do the main story instead since the amount of time for all missions (not counting basic missions since I'm fairly sure those generate infinitely) would take far too long and is far too tedious - you'd have to be insane to attempt it.
>There's nowhere to read about it.
There's wikis, and people's own clips of specific missions that you can view. Or you could ask anons about it right here. As a side-note, there's at least 1 mission in the game that cannot be accessed depending on the outcome of a previous mission, so you'll always be missing the "lore" of that mission regardless of if you go for all missions anyway, making your attempt to do so even more questionable (I don't know the exact name of the mission but it's relatd to the Definian Downfall questline iirc).
>>
>>375850119
>Who gives a shit? Do you seriously give a shit about that?
Yes. I would've never suspected that asshole Tobias worked on FrontierNav.
>No speedrun exists in XCX for all missions
I don't care about speedrun autists. They're subhumans.
>There's wikis,
lol have you actually read that wiki, it barely has any information about the sidequests and it most certainly doesn't have transcripts of the dialogue
>and people's own clips of specific missions
No thanks
>Or you could ask anons about it right here.
lol you just said most people don't even do these missions so why would I ask you dummies? You don't know what happened in them.
>>
File: IMG_20170503_211148.jpg (10KB, 146x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170503_211148.jpg
10KB, 146x245px
Homura is cute. Cute!
>>
>>375847338
The second half may not be as good as the first, but it surely isn't bad. Catacombs and archives are beautifully made, as well as painted world and all dlc

This meme needs to die.
>>
>>375850426
you're in no position to call anyone an autist when you're autistic enough to do every single mission in the game.
>>
>>375851361
I fucking paid for the game. Im going to do all the god damn content. It's a waste not to.
>>
>>375852446
I bet you're one of those autists that collects all 900 koroks without a guide.
>>
The only time xcx dips to a 3/10 is the grinding for post game, otherwise it's a solid 9/10
>>
>>375852649
You only need half of those to max out your inventory
you need to do all missions in XCX to see the whole story
not really a valid comparison
>>
File: kuuga thumbs up.webm (2MB, 1138x640px) Image search: [Google]
kuuga thumbs up.webm
2MB, 1138x640px
>>375852819
This guy gets it. The game was a fucking blast up until the point where I only had the handful of (like, 3-4) superbosses left to kill that even the Ares 90 can't properly get to and you need to farm a bajillion augs to reliably defeat, at which point I felt content to just stop playing. I finished the game with like a 90-something% map completion rate and about 200 hours of gameplay, all of which had been enjoyable.
>>
>>375852819
Yeah. I don't get where in the later game it's supposedly dipping down in quality.

I mean, that's around when I was getting into some more affinity missions that were unlocking, along with all the stuff with the shapeshifting alien race, and there's always the chance you're doing more side missions that involve other aliens as well. It feels like there's a lot going on that'd have neat consequences.
>>
>>375853297
b-but muh deep Hestu lore!
>>
>>375853863
Hestu doesn't do anything and story isn't as important in Zelda as it is in Xeno
>>
>>375853810
It's because it's just repetitive, you're visiting the same areas and fighting the same enemies over and over. It's like a checklist more than anything.
>>
>>375854226
jesus you really are autstic, I was being facetious and you still responded seriously to it.
>>
You mean 8/10 first hour, 4/4 rest of the game, 9/9 last hour.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.