[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some other games like the Witcher? This comfy sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 17

File: witcher.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
what are some other games like the Witcher? This comfy sense of adventure is so good.
>>
TW2.
>>
>>375835791
end your life you miserable fuck
>>
>>375835791
See I want to play tw3, but since I finished the first one I feel like I need to keep my save across all 3 games. The only problem is the witcher 2 is such a slog ive never gotten more than halfway before I drop it. I think the only way Ill play 3 is if I skip 2.
Also wtf OP what did you do
>>
Witcher 1 is completely unique game, Witcher 3 tried to emulate what made Witcher 1 so good, but failed the magic is gone.

Too many people of the original team left, team size is now 300 instead of 70, and most are people from all over the world, not poles
>>
>>375835728
>sense of adventure
Literally something I didnt feel in TW3. The game is repetitive as fuck
>>
3 GOTY > 1 EE > 2 EE
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>375835728
STALKER trilogy.
No matter how vastly different the settings and gameplay are, they just got that "thing" going on. Maybe its the slav roots and PC exclusivity? Dunno.

Here's the Stalker's rookie guide pic to get ya started smoothly.

>>375836112
Yeah, TW2 was fucking awful. I have no idea why people praise it to heavens, I found it to be a huge downgrade in all possible ways. Is it all the Xbots whose first Witcher game it was?
I've only played little of TW3, but it felt like TW2.5.

>>375837261
TW1:EE > 3 > > > 2
>>
>>375837863
I'm not good enough at games to enjoy STALKER, I still appreciate tf out of them tho. Anything else.
>>
>>375836112
I dont see how anyone can think W2 is a slog but want to play W3
>>
Gothic you fucking piece of shit.
Fuck off with your meme tier game witcher 3
>>
File: Cordon - village camp fire.jpg (407KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cordon - village camp fire.jpg
407KB, 1920x1200px
>>375838448
>I'm not good enough at games to enjoy STALKER,
...what does that even mean?
That you suck at games? Well, do you think everyone else was born as a pseudo-jedi south Korean pro?

STALKER ain't even hard. It's comfy as fuck actually.
>>
>>375835728

Haven't played W1, but it reminds me of the early Gothic games.
>>
DD:DA
with mods
>>
>>375839213
I get too easily frustrated anon. I don't like challenge when I play my games.
>>
>>375838882
I can totally see it. W2 had an extreme inverse difficulty curve where enemies are always endgame tier even when your character is not.
Shit could be painful to push through before you beefed up enough.
>>
File: The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg (636KB, 986x897px) Image search: [Google]
The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg
636KB, 986x897px
>>375840475
you should reconsider your hobby media of choice then. There's tons of games whose main attraction are engaging gameplay and atmosphere. The satisfaction of surviving seemingly unfair challenges is sweetest crack there is.
>>
>>375840792
Games aren't my favorite hobby though anon, its just nice to experience them once in a while.
>>
File: 1282726777531.jpg (540KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1282726777531.jpg
540KB, 1920x1200px
>>375841714
So why not actually EXPERIENCE something for once? You'd be surprising how therapeutic, re-energizing and even enlightening it all can be.
>>
>>375841714
fucking casual
>>
>>375842020
Because I'd rather put the effort and frustration of doing the same shit over and over until I get it right into something more constructive than entertainment. The reward is much better too.
>>
>>375835728
>sense of adventure

>Outside city
>Inside city
>Swamp
>Small Village
>Back inside city

Amazing adventure. Witcher 1 is boring and repetitive.
>>
File: freedom bunch.jpg (92KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
freedom bunch.jpg
92KB, 600x400px
>>375842269
>Because I'd rather put the effort and frustration of doing the same shit over and over until I get it right into something more constructive than entertainment.
...so you're living by a shallow prejudiced idea that you do suck, you will suck, and anything even remotely different will be impossible task for you?

Wow, how are you even ALIVE anymore??
>>
>>375839148
He's talking about The Witcher 1

You contrarian Pepto Autismol.
>>
Gothic games are a pretty good place to start. Has a similarly immersive and detailed settings that feels comparably alive. It also has terrible combat, so you should feel right at home there too.
It does not have nearly as good story, writing, art direction and soundtrack, but it does make up for it by having more interesting core RPG mechanics and some of the most satisfying and impactful systems of character progression ever featured in an RPG. It's also just very immersive and very "european" and have its own unique charm.

>>375837863
While I fully understand why some people would prefer TW1 to TW2, people who claim that TW2 was irredimable and TW1 was better in ever respect are deluded, period. It has nothing to do with the quality of the games, there is nothing objective about it, it's people either demanding and expecting something completely irrational, or people being contrarian for the sake of contrarianism. TW2 had better writing and most of the actual gameplay. It had worse U.I., it was dramatically shorted and the settings weren't quite as interesting, sure. It was a middle child, full of missteps and issues, but then again, TW1 - which is still one of my all time favorite games - was even more flawed and often in even more serious ways.
>>
>>375835728
Neverwinter Nights: A dance with rogues[/spoiler[
>>
>>375842654
>being this zealously proud about playing videogames
>>
File: arx 2014-04-18 01-51-47-37.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
arx 2014-04-18 01-51-47-37.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>375835728
Arx Fatalis.
I don't think a single game mentioned ITT machtes better than it.
Needs arx libertatis patch for modern hardware though.
>>
>>375844060
I find it quite sad that you've never experienced something to feel passionate about.

>>375842847
There's nothing contrarian about NOT sucking the most over-hyped and marketed downgrade's cock. TW2 was fucking gigantic buyer's remorse, and totally made me lose all faith in both paid and user reviews.
>>
>>375845236
>There's nothing contrarian about NOT sucking the most over-hyped and marketed downgrade's cock.
Ignoring the absolutely fatal flaws of TW1 while pretending like the flaws of TW2 in comparably worse is just pure dishonesty. Especially when you accompany that shit about complete ungrounded and unrealted whales about evil corporations and consoles: it just illustrates how token and completely irrational these attitudes are.
TW2 is the weakest of the series, I think most people will agree on that. But the way you talk about it is a joke, and shows how little the actual games matter, and how much is it all about bizzare biases and obsessions and colateral factors in the end. Which is sad.
>>
File: arx 2014-04-20 02-21-14-96.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
arx 2014-04-20 02-21-14-96.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>375845021
>>
>>375845757
>TW2 is the weakest of the series, I think most people will agree on that
I won't agree! The writing of 1 is irredeemable, and that is ultimately what has to carry these systems-light games. TW1 is not terrible, but the writing and voice-acting are half-baked, poorly translated and awfully directed, and it's barely more of a "hardcore RPG" than Mass Effect (1). TW2 at least had an interesting plot and characters, and I loved the bifurcating middle act.
>>
File: arx 2014-04-18 02-34-32-95.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
arx 2014-04-18 02-34-32-95.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>375845886
>>
>>375845757
>Ignoring the absolutely fatal flaws of TW1 while pretending like the flaws of TW2 in comparably worse is just pure dishonesty
What "flaws"?
Excuse me that I'm no fan of generic and worse, clunkier gameplay, absolutely disastrous UI design, and yes - butchered plot and characters to boot. Hell, I even thought I was just "playing it wrong" the first time around, so I checked some tips online and tried it by doing just about everything the opposite I usually would ... nope, still awful.

Sorry, but if I can run TW1 through 4 times in a row within the the first couple months I ever played it back in 2013, yet could barely stomach to finish TW2 even once... I'd say there's been some major fuck-up with the whole design of the sequel.

>>375846314
you can bitch all you want about the English dub, but the plot and the actual ROLE playing aspects in general were miles above the sequels in original Witcher.
>>
>>375846314
Maybe I'm affected by the fact that I played a translation of TW1 which was - in tradition of all Witcher works - very careful and well done. While the voiceacting was terrible, the writing itself, the main story, themes and characters, as well as individual scenes were remarkably good for its time. If there was a major narrative issue, it was the fact that the pacing of the game was bad, forcing player to slog through long dull sections during which he gradually began losing sight of the important story elements, decreasing their weight and impact: but the characters were great and the dialogues were great (I suspect the english translation, much like with the books, could have harmed them a lot) and the main story was a really surprisingly clever take on the main themes of the books, unusually mature for the medium at the time.

TW2 I think suffered from really, really rushed pacing, where the plot was hurring forward too much (basically the opposite issue of TW1) and the environments and characters often lacked the space to properly play out. I think that, in combination with much less interesting environments - which this time around really felt like a passive backstage rather than an interesting, living environment - that damaged the impression the most.
That said, TW2 had no doubt the best characters in the franchise, and I'd argue the best main plot on a basic level. It was the only TW game that was purely character and politics driven, and that alone was quite damn remarkable.
>>
>>375846314
That's what you get for not knowing Polish (or Czech, as that version is also stellar).
>>
>>375846697
>What "flaws"?
Are you actually, seriously suggesting that TW1 was not a mechanical mess of a game? You sane? This is the problem here: you literally don't fucking see the game. Have you even played it?

The combat was ATTROCIOUS, the pacing was god-damn awful, character progression a joke. Everything that was not environment, music, character or dialogue in that game was terrible. I love it: I'll forgive a LOT to the game based just on good the atmosphere and story and tone were, but god-dammit it was a terrible game and a complete mess. And it's not just me saying that, the fucking developers themselves openly said this several times, saying how most of TW1 was just a chain of really bad decisions.

U.I. in TW2 was bad, and the combat was poorly ballanced and not nearly as responsive as it should be. But if you actually complain about the story, you are certifyably insane. Like: you are not a human, or you are not talking about the game.

>but the plot and the actual ROLE playing aspects
There were none roleplaying aspects. TW1 was in terms of its actual roleplaying systems even shallower than TW2 and is a fact.
>>
>>375835728
Fable, Overlord
>>
TW1 had shiiiiiiiit combat, game isn't even worth it
>>
>>375836228
>Witcher 1 is completely unique game,

Bullshit, it's a modern Gothic game.

>>375835728
Gothic series. Avoid the 4th one.
>>
>>375847318
You should try Fable 2 OP. oh boy did I enjoy that game, comfort for days.
>>
So while people smack each other over TW, again and usual, how does Stalker play out from a storyline perspective?
Do you get to play as a neutral role, or is it another McSnowFlake The Protagonist sorta deal like TW where your input means jack shit?
Additionally does it have any input to be had, or is it just shooting shit and walking around aimlessly?
>>
>>375848418
You have a very vague objective of finding people and you get used by everyone to get glimpse of information, very much like New vegas when you're looking for benny
>>
>>375847253
>seriously suggesting that TW1 was not a mechanical mess of a game? Y
I experienced no game-breaking bugs, the gameplay was fine (way better than in sequel in fact), and I absolutely adored the world and atmosphere.

You are not even trying to state what kind of goal-post moving parameters you're looking for. And you also clearly cannot read either, as I just said I've played TW1 four (4) times already.

Sorry, but the combat especially was way better in original. Flashy, simple, and effective - just like I'd assume a "sword dancer" mutant like Geralt to do it. Fuck that endless rollan' + trying to land a hit or two while waiting for your HP to recharge, that you gotta deal with in sequels.

I don't know what kind of edgy & horny 16yo you must be to find the literal teen-ifications of all the major characters + barbie-doll humping sex scenes superior than everything TW1 had to offer. That's just pathetic
>>
>>375848418
>So while people smack each other over TW, again and usual, how does Stalker play out from a storyline perspective?
Stalkers story is extremely minimalist and frankly not all that impressive. It's not an RPG, it's a sandbox shooter. You are given a set of vague goals the serve as an excuses for larger story missions, which involve you walking somewhere, shooting something and hopefully making it back alive. There is something about factions and shit but its really all rather under-developed. It really isn't a game about that kind of interactions.
>>
File: STALKER SoC HUD guide1.jpg (457KB, 1426x802px) Image search: [Google]
STALKER SoC HUD guide1.jpg
457KB, 1426x802px
>>375848418
>how does Stalker play out from a storyline perspective?
it's in the background for most of the time, but it's a thing you gotta follow up on occasionally to proceed anywhere. And especially the 1st game, SoC, has quite interesting world and lore, which's secrets you start to unravel bit by bit.

>Do you get to play as a neutral role
yes, and it's often the best role too. There's a number of factions fighting for / against you, but IMO, Loners = best Stalkers.

>Additionally does it have any input to be had,
There's a simple hunger system, weight-limited inventory, various negative statuses you can get (Bleeding, radiation...), main and side-missions, trading... pretty much an RPG-lite.

Check the starting-guide pic at >>375837863
for some basics.
>>
>>375849305

Pity. That is mostly my main drive in these kind of games. Maybe when the backlog empties out.
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>375849131
I'm not that guy but that was painful to read. You took his criticisms and all you did was just say "no, they're fine, shut up" and started insulting the dude.
>>
>>375849450
Stalker is still well worth playing. You can't expect character-fueled drama, interesting dialogues and complex choices and consequences.
What the game is about is slowly creeping your away across open and even-today impressive, beautiful and melancholic environments, being covered by dense atmosphere, fearing every movement, and planning ahead how to take on that fucking patrol which will murder you if you just try to run-and-gun it.
It's a fairly unique type of experience, very "now and here", a mixture of anxiety and morbid curiosity about what lies around the next corner. Unlike games like Far Cry, it actually does not feel formulaic: every new enviroment feels like its worth exploring, and yet the same time like it's sickeningly dangerous and threatening. It's to use the old meme, about "the daily life in the Zone" and not about any kind of overaching hero/anti-hero style story. And it's... incredibly good at it.

Well, at least unless you play Lost Alpha. Don't play Lost Alpha. It's its a setup for what might be one of the biggest dissapointments I've ever seen in a vidoegame.
>>
>>375842464
Name a game you like and I can trivialize it like you just did.
>>
>>375849819
>I didn't like it, here's why.
>I did, here's why.

I don't see how those two posts are different.
>>
>>375835728
>what are some other games like the Witcher? This comfy sense of adventure is so good.

Kingdoms of Amalur
Gets a little tedious near the end but my God probably the comfiest fantasy adventure of all time
>>
>>375835728
Any JRPG.
>>
I'm not too sure since it's not really similar to The Witcher, but I feel that you could enjoy Dragon's Dogma. There's nothing like riding a cyclop's head and gouging his eyes while your bitch is trying to heal you.
>>
>>375835728
Gothic 1/2
>>
File: kek.jpg (41KB, 498x568px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
41KB, 498x568px
>>375836112
>wants to play W3
>implies W2 is a slog
>>
>>375835728
The Witcher people cited the Gothic games as influences. Divinity 2, maybe.
>>
>>375856690
epic XD
>>
>>375840694
Not really matter on Death March difficulty, most mobs kill you in one or two hits.
>>
>>375836228
Witcher 2 and 3 emphasis the elements of political intrigue heavily, the world is always on the brink of destruction or war, the urgency is much more heavy in 2 and 3. Unlike 1 it takes many time to build up to reveal what is really happening, and it takes you away to a village when shit hits the fan, that part somehow remind me Geralt is just a monster hunter, he is not there to save the world directly or indirectly.
>>
>>375840694

Having started Witcher 2 about a week ago, I wondered people hate it and claim that the "click to win" first game is superior.

So basically, people hate it because they're casuals?
>>
>>375859208
Actually I quite enjoy the design the sword style mechanic from the first game, too bad they didn't translate it to the second and the third game.

I imagine that would pretty much like Ni-Oh, so to put some depth in combat.
>>
>>375859873

It didn't stop me from going through the first game, but I can definitely see why people would get bored with it. Especially considering that their early experiences are combined with the swamp. I actually stopped playing for a while there myself.

I'm surprised to see /v/'s complaints about the Witcher 2, though. Aren't /v/irgins always complaining about casualization? You'd think that they'd appreciate needing to be mindful of things like buffs and not getting surrounded due to the protagonist not being a damage sponge. I figured that they just didn't like the fact that seemingly everything needs to go action RPG these days.
>>
>>375837261
this

once you finish W3 there is no coming back though. you acknowledge your life peaked and nothing will thrill you again
>>
Would someone mind giving me a full rant on why Witcher 2 is supposedly horrible?
>>
>>375861969
I think the main issue with it is that it was quite streamlined. But seriously I don't know. I thought it had the best combat, and although the story doesn't live up to the first one, it's certainly better than 3.
>>
>>375862638

>streamlined

How so? The areas aren't really noticeably smaller or more closed off, exploration is still rewarding, and the game implicitly demands that you make a specialized character (as opposed to an all-powerful god). How is it more railroaded than the first game?

>no rubedo/nigredo/albedo

That's the only thing that I can think of, and it wasn't exactly a big, complex feature.
>>
>>375862638
witcher 3 has the best story you contrarian fuck, and that is in a series that always had a great story
>>
>>375863184
Nice opinion you got there. I read the books before the games released. I thought 1 & 2 were doing alright both in terms of gameplay and story, but 3 is just a giant clusterfuck. It had so much content it ended up feeling shallow. It's fine if you like it but you don't have to be butthurt about it.
>>
>>375849131
You Do realize witcher 1 literally had you collecting sex cards? It was hardly "mature". I heavily preferred witcher 1 to witcher 2 but you're seriously just blinded to the faults witcher 1 had. It wasn't a perfect game by any means.
>>
play games with better combat like dark souls (deeper) or dragon's dogma (more shallow but feels infinitely better and is much more flashy)
>>
>>375863167
I think anti W2 shitposters usually bring up the Bam Ham combat, lack of C&C besides the big choice, and consolized interface
And yeah, alchemy was easier
>>
>>375863607
the sex cards were really fun and i miss them. i liked the drawing
>>
File: 20170503151921_1.jpg (148KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
20170503151921_1.jpg
148KB, 1440x900px
Why do people shit on the witcher 3 so much? It's a good game. Even the combat is good if you don't play it on casual mode.
>>
>>375863914
because it's popular
>>
>>375849131
TW1 had pretty much no variety in builds, which was an area 2 and 3 greatly improved upon . They were also considerably harder, as TW1 was very easy for RPG standards once you got a hand of the combat system (not to mention Alchemy which was extremely broken in 1). That said, TW1 did have a superior story, roleplaying element and atmosphere, but it's lack of Polish diminished it somewhat. I can understand liking TW1 more than the sequels, but I really don't see how you can just claim the sequels are complete trash and hold up Tw1 as some kind of holy grail of gaming
>>
>>375863914
Gonna talk for myself, but they valued quantity over quality. I found that most of the quests were boring, and the game was too damn big and long for its own good. In the end, it feels and reads like a single playing MMORPG.
>>
>>375863975
This. 3>1>2 Is the objective ranking and anyone who disagrees is a contrarian.
>>
>>375864017
>pretty much no variety in builds
What the fuck are you talking about? No one's forcing you to spec into the same skills every time you play it
>They were also considerably harder
Meh, dodging kinda trivializes the combat and they still have the RPG progression thing where at some point you become so OP you can almost ignore the combat system (which I like, don't get me wrong)
>>
>>375863823
I liked them too but they were hardly "mature"

Honestly the sex elements of the witcher series really brings it down as a whole and attracts totally the wrong kind of audience.
>>
>>375864037
I've played a lot of RPGs and I was glad at least to get away from fetching square pumpkins and killing 10 spiders over and over again. The Witcher 3 is like DAO but open world with lots of small quests. The way that they're all tied to some writing and story makes every contract and random side quest fun and interesting.

Like I'll admit that it could be better, sure, but comparing it to other games it definitely shits all over them. TW3 has more real content than anything I've played in a very long time.
>>
Is this the W3 thread? I only need a few more recipes and I will be able to run 3 decoctions + 1 potion
What's a great decoction combination? I'm exclusively using fast attacks
>>
>>375864301
you think like that because of a loud crowd of people who shitpost about the waifus too much but the sex in the witcher series is one of it's strongest points. it's a humiliation to the RPG genre no other game series manages to match up with the witcher series in such a simple thing. it adds to the story and feels so much
>>
>>375863914
because after a whole year of muh downgrade shitposting, it destroyed everything else.
>>
File: max comfort was had.jpg (443KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
max comfort was had.jpg
443KB, 1920x1080px
there sure are some retards in this bread
>>
>>375864210
In the witcher 1 you had a sign build and a Sword build and that was pretty much it. You were able to get enough talent points at the end to be able to do both rather effectively anyways.

And yeah, you obviously get to a point where you steamroll everything but that's literally every rpg. That's kinda the point. And I'm not saying the witcher games are hard , but the 1st one is a joke compared to the sequels. As long as you can click the mouse in a certain rhythm you'll kill everything . Or you could just spam Alchemy or signs and then you don't even have to do that
>>
>>375863803

I don't know what bam ham means, the choices matter about as much as they did in the first game, and I don't know what you're talking about with the consolized interference.

I was approaching Witcher 2 "I guess I'll get through this on my way to Witcher 3, fuck", but it's actually a really good game. I'd put it above the first. I'm more than happy to hear legitimate arguments about why Witcher 2 deserves its reputation as the bastard child of the franchise, but so far, it just sounds like contrarian shit, and I feel bad for anyone who might have skipped it on account of all of the shit talking that it receives.
>>
File: real story.png (154KB, 495x497px) Image search: [Google]
real story.png
154KB, 495x497px
>>375863914
>>375864548
muh downgrade was the ebin meme shitposter used in may of 2015 after the game came out

now they just say the combat is shit.
It's meh, but it's enjoyable. imo I wish they had the clicking combat from witcher 1.
>>
>Civil thread turns to shit as soon as the W3 defense force comes in

Welp, was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>375864525
I'm not talking about the romantic relationships . I'm taking about the terrible pixelated sex scenes. They add nothing that a fade to black couldn't accomplish and trivialize the whole thing
>>
>>375864312
This. I can understand being overwhelmed by all the content, and the main story certainly kinda lost steam after Kaer Morhen, but people fail to appreciate just how much fucking writing CDProjekt did for all the quests. There are no fetch quests and I'd even say that in my subjective opinion, there is no uninteresting sidequest
It's sad that they had to go for the giant open world meme to draw in casuals but that's just AAA games these days
>>
>>375864712
>>And yeah, you obviously get to a point where you steamroll everything but that's literally every rpg
I'm not arguing against it, I'm just saying that in W2 and W3 you become invincible once you learn the action component (dodging everyone until openings present themselves) even at level 1, and then you get the OP RPG progression on top of that
>>
>>375864849
they made the terrible mistake of rehashing the same 2-3 scenes with 8-9 characters (mostly the prostitues). but the unique sex scenes of yen/triss/keira/syanna are really good
>>
>>375864727
there was tons of downgrade threads far before release. several daily.

i like the combat but there could be more to it. theres probably mods for it by now.
>>
File: Tw2_inventory.jpg (159KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Tw2_inventory.jpg
159KB, 2000x1125px
>>375864718
>bam ham
Combat like the Batman Arkham games
>don't know what you're talking about with the consolized interference
>>
>>375865067
>there was tons of downgrade threads far before release. several daily.
thus where my pic came from m8. I was there. i member it. See the date on my screenshot? I played witcher 1 just months before witcher 3 came out. gud feels
>>
>>375865135

But the combat isn't a glorified QTE?

I'll give you the menu being horrible, but it's not really a game breaker.
>>
>>375864849
I understand anon, sex scenes in every form of media just feel superfluous and pointless. I don't understand who they even pander to, even in movies. Who's gonna be so aroused by a two second look at an actress's tits that they like the movie more?
>>
>>375865314

I also want to add that being a fan of the first Witcher and complaining about the combat in Witcher 2 being a glorified QTE would be really ironic and completely backwards.
>>
>>375865205
i played all 3 witcher games in the last two months and it's been a glorious wonderful ride. just finished B&W main story today and now my life peaked and nothing will make me happy again. i've been burned out by too much fun the real world can't compete with

hell i upgraded my GPU just to play witcher 3 on ultra and it's still the best purchase decision i've made in my life
>>
Remember when there was constant DA2 vs. W2 shitposting prior to their releases? Then the DA2 demo came out and biodrones switched to "w-well they'll fix all the problems and DA2 will still be better!"
Then it came out and they all fell silent. Those were some damn good days
>>
>>375840694
Literally get good. Only ONE fight in W2 was total fucking bullshit and forced me to lower the difficulty from insane. Moves are telegraphed, you have to prepare, but all fights are winable.
>>
File: geraltu.jpg (61KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
geraltu.jpg
61KB, 600x338px
>>375865442
we can only wait for cyberpunk now
>>
>>375866060
Which fight?
>>
>>375865408
Me.
>>
>>375866178
probably the first letho one although the kayran was peak bullshit too

the dragon is also hard but by that point you should already understand how the combat in W2 works. shame the relied on invisible walls though that's bad design

>>375866146
couldn't give any less of a shit about it i want my fantasy back. cyberpunk settings are gay
>>
>>375866336
The internet is literally 90% porn and 5% celebrity paparazzi pictures and videos of sex scenes man, come on
>>
>>375836112
Witcher 2 is hardly a slog compared to Witcher. The Witcher 1 is synonymous with the word "Slog"
>>
>>375866460

I like my porn to have plot.
>>
>>375866558
so do i. movies sex scenes are so much more arousing than generic porn. quality amateur porn is where shit's at
>>
>>375866379
>first letho one
I genuinely don't understand why people think this is hard. All you need to do is roll in circles until his Quen wears off, Aard him, and then attack two times IIRC (might have been three times)
>kayran was peak bullshit too
Meh, dodging the slams is easy enough, I did fail it once because the ending cutscene refused to activate though
>dragon
Fair enough, only fucking fight I ever had to use Quen on, that goddamn claw range
Though like you said by that point you should still be good enough to not lower the difficulty, at least
>>
>>375866558
So what, you watch 90 minutes of a movie and then go OH FUCK THESE ARE THE 10 SECONDS OF EROTIC SCENE, GOTTA FAP FAST
In all seriousness, you should read sex stories then instead of watching porn m8
>>
>>375835728
if you are going to play the the other witchers don't play 3 right after the others, 3 is very pretty and everything but going from the toight story of the 2nd one to meandering around doing whatever in 3 can make 3 feel like a drag.
>>
>>375866685
the first letho fight is hard because you have no idea how boss fights work in this game at that point and he's so much more powerful than you

also his bombs are the biggest threat and you don't have much free space to dodge
>>
>>375867053
I mean, by that point you would in all likelihood already have cleared out that Nekker cave, and also fought the I think exiled knights which are the strongest enemies in that area. So if you expect the boss fight to be MGR level of JUST GO RIGHT UP TO HIM AND FUCK HIM UP LOL you're kind of an idiot
>his bombs are the biggest threat
That's what the dodging in circles is for, sillyhead
>you don't have much free space to dodge
That's just not true, the bath is fucking giant and I think people just get caught up against a wall and think the area is tiny
Random shitty quality video for reference, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbRItULC1Pw
Look at all that delicious free space
>>
>>375835728
Why does that background look like the town from Zelda 64?
>>
>>375867372
if you want me to say your great at boss fights at W2 just ask for it instead of pushing around a message it was easy. for most players the letho fight proved to be one of the hardests in the game. and the nekker cave works way differently. also i don't recall dealing with an enemy that throws bombs before him
>>
>>375867675
I'm not bragging, I just don't understand to this day how people have that many problems with him. Even in the video that I linked there's people complaining how the fight is so hard that it isn't fun because they HAVE to look up how to beat it. That's ridiculous when "just fucking dodge until he stops being invincible" is all you need.
>also i don't recall dealing with an enemy that throws bombs before him
So you get hit once maybe and then never again because you just dodge it. Rolling is a fucking free action, just keep evading him
It's only one guy as well, and he comes at the end of the chapter when you have a few skills under your belt. There's harder fights in the damn tutorial
>>
>>375868065
you get hit by one bomb that almost one shots you only to have him close up on you with quen shield aarding your ass and then going sword combo on you when your back is to the wall

going to W2 right after W1 is a big shift. especially for those with no prior ARPG experience
>>
>>375868375
>only to have him close up on you with quen shield aarding your ass
How the fuck do you get hit by his Aard? ROLL MORE
>when your back is to the wall
Roll to the side, stupid. Even the default roll is so fucking long
>>
>>375868509
you can't roll when you burn
>>
>>375868610
I'll try to get hit like a fucking idiot the next time I replay to ascertain that.
In the meantime I guess you get stunlocked and die once, then. Luckily you'll never die in the fight again because it's impossible to actually run into a bomb unless you're trying to
>>
>>375868509

The default roll is actually pretty close and short, and his spells are fairly wide. It's easy to not be able to get out of the way in time.

If I had advice for new players in Witcher 2, I'd advise them to rush for the dodging improvements and sword crowd control, regardless of where they want to go from there. That makes fights significantly less dangerous.
>>
>>375869067
My first playthrough was completely sign-focused (terrible idea incidentally, signs got nerfed so hard they just aren't any fun compared to a sword build) so I only had the default roll. It's long enough to dodge fucking anything, just roll away when he gets close to you and you aren't ready to Aard him into the stagger animation yet. How is this in any way a difficult concept? I'll reiterate again:
Rolling
is
a
free
fucking
action
>>
>>375861509
I wish I never finished Witcher 3
>>
>Witcher 2

>follow basic gaming rule of "save after doing anything"
>quickly accumulate hundreds of saves
>time to fetch saves are becoming noticeable
>clear out all but a few saves
>instant
>the game must have been loading up every last one of those 2.5 MB save files + 900 KB bmps every time

I love this game, but they definitely did a few things wrong in regards to the menu.
>>
>>375836112
You can probably finish TW2 in 10 hours if you just do the main quest though.
Even doing all the content it's about 30 hours max.

TW1 is my favourite of the trilogy but it's also the biggest slog by far. Game has the best plot by far, but there's so much running from A to B in the first three chapters.
>>
>>375870468
i just finished b&w today. after finished everything else already

life's over, i'm feeling the downward curve already
>>
>>375870476
>Witcher 1 pre-EE
>every quicksave (I also have that old reflex of saving every 5 seconds) and every autosave is kept around
>end up with 5GB of saves in 2007
>>
>>375869258

I'm betting that you're trying to make yourself sound better at the game than you actually are. You take damage while rolling, and I don't buy that you were able to play a safe game using the default roll. It's more likely that you just kept reloading until you won. You even admitted that you had to drop the difficulty for Letho.
>>
>>375870752
The loading screens took like 2-3 minutes back then every time
>>
>>375870752
my saves in witcher 1 got fucked up close to the end of the story and i had to revert like 3-4 hours back
>>
Has anyone done a Signs run in the last year or so? How do you make it useful?
I tried getting into a Signs build but it's just so unfun compared to just after release
>100% burn chance Igni
>can even stunlock bosses with it
>flamethrower to kill them dead
>>
>>375870870
But you can just roll away and keep casting Quen every time you take a hit
>>
>>375870642
Stay strong
>>
>>375870870
>and I don't buy that you were able to play a safe game using the default roll
So what you're telling me is that you think it's impossible to roll away from Letho during the entire fight? Like Letho somehow moves so fast you can't roll away?
>You even admitted that you had to drop the difficulty for Letho
Not a chance in hell I said that. I played on whatever the second highest difficulty after the permadeath one was (and on Dark when I played the EE) the entire game
>>375871028
Don't use Quen. Faggots using Quen is exactly the reason discussions like this even exist, they rely on crutches like idiots and are then confused that you can actually dodge everything
>>
>>375871071
it's 3:15 AM and i'm supposed to go to sleep but i can't and don't want to

there is nothing interesting waiting outside in the real world. no adventure
>>
>>375871263

It's more like Letho's spells are too wide to safely move out of the way while getting offense in.
>>
>>375835952
>>375836112
TW2 is legit good and not a slog. It's responsible for two of the comfiest locations in The Witcher universe (Flotsam and Vergen).

The only problem with it is not being able to drink potions in combat.
>>
>>375871754
>while getting offense in
I'm too lazy to go through the quotechain again but I'm pretty sure I said right at the start what you need to do is
>roll in circles until his Quen wears off
>Aard him
>hit him two or three times
Why the fuck are you close enough for him to hit you with his supposed giant spells at any point? It couldn't be any easier
>>
>>375871767
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a-DmxpXhQE
one of the comfiest vidya locations desu
>>
>>375872409
>>375871767
>Vergen
>comfiest
I think you guys are misspelling "confusing"
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.