[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knights of the Old Republic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: KotOR_Cover.png (662KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662KB, 768x960px
Do I need to read some Star Wars novels or comics to get the most out of Knights of the Old Republic? I've only seen the movies and wonder if there are some extra things in the universe I might not understand in the games. I've always wanted to play this and now that it's on sale it seems like a good time.
Also is The Old Republic a proper sequel to the KotOR series or did they rewrite everything?
>>
Loading screens make references to comic books about Exar Kun and the Great Hyperspace War as well as some equipment from those stories. But on the whole, KOTOR is it's own thing.
P.s. TOR is not a good sequel.
>>
>>375828513
>is The Old Republic a proper sequel to the KotOR series
No
And you don't really need any background info, KOTOR was the first game set in the Star Wars universe during this era. It was meant to be your introductionary story to the Old Republic Lore
>>
just play it nerd, you'll be skipping the conversation autism out of sheer boredom midway through anyway
>>
>>375828513
Also careful about posting this game here on /v/. Dickheads always love spoiling the plot twist
>>
Is TOR no longer canon?
>>
I played it when I was about 11 years old expecting a cool Star Wars lightsaber game. Until then I had only seen the movies and I was blown away by the game and got totally sucked into the EU after finishing it. If you really don't know anything about the game I'd start playing it now because it has a major spoiler that most people have already had spoiled for them.
>>
>>375829871
From what I recall KOTOR 2 was retconned for the sake of TOR canon
So no
>>
>>375828513
DARTH MALAK IS YOUR FATHER
>>
File: zAxsNX6.jpg (78KB, 450x577px) Image search: [Google]
zAxsNX6.jpg
78KB, 450x577px
>>375829554
>>
>>375830025
BASTILA IS YOUR SISTER
>>
File: knightsofhteoldrepublic.jpg (279KB, 1280x934px) Image search: [Google]
knightsofhteoldrepublic.jpg
279KB, 1280x934px
Not mandatory but if you're interested in it, I recommend you to check the Knights of The Old Republic comics, it's one of the best work that came out of the extended universe.

But there's only a few references to the game here and there.
>>
>>375830038
He's not wrong. There's a lot of useless dialogue in RPGs that just feel like boring IRL chit chatting.
>>
>>375830115
My little jedi sister can't be this cute!
>>
>>375830159
If that's not what you want you should not be playing ROLE PLAYING GAMES.
>>
>>375828513
just play the game they tell you the story.
>>
>>375830261
Mundane 'choose your own adventure' text isn't role playing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQTWteCcRSw

Been a while since you nostalgia'd, anon
>>
All of you are meatbag. Amuse me to no end
>>
>>375830329
>'choose your own adventure'
>isn't roleplaying
Not sure if trolling or severely retarded....
>>
>>375828513
It stands fine on it's own. Though didn't everything get retconned recently?
>>
>>375830467
Either way he's not worth replying to, so why bother?
>>
>>375830467
>thinks telltale games are RPGs
>>
>>375829494
some storylines are decent
Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior mainly
>>
>>375830492
Yeah if I was posting on my home computer I would post pics of all the shit they did, but Revan, Kreia, all the cool kids got retconned to hell in TOR
>>
>>375830492
Revan part. But its so dreadful to make revan so tragic
>>
>>375830621
TOR will never not make me mad. All of those good characters ruined.
>>
>>375829871
it's set before the movie canon so i don't think it matters much either way. i would imagine anything that doesn't clash with any of the new stuff is canon, it's an EA game and Disney gave them the license so anything they do is unofficially given a blessing.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.