[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC, GOG or emulation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1479395946451.jpg (54KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479395946451.jpg
54KB, 640x640px
PC, GOG or emulation?
>>
Dreamcast version is the best, but I couldn't tell you how well it emulates. PC version has audio issues that vary from user to user.
>>
>>375828267
I only played the PS1 and Dreamcast versions but they are night and day.

Does the PC version have the improved textures from the DC version?
>>
>>375828075
Emulation, imo. I have had no luck with the pc port control wise. It was just easier to not bother.
>>
>>375828490
>I only played the PS1 and Dreamcast versions but they are night and day.

Are they? In what way? Cause I played this game three times now on PS1 emulation and I can't fucking stand it. I wonder how much the Dreamcast version would rectify that.
>>
>>375828490

Not really. It's definitely better than the PS1 version, but a fare amount of the textures are super pixelated and have some weird seam issues at higher resolutions.
>>
>>375828896
The DC port ran much better than the PS1 version, it had higher res textures and it didn't have that flickery PS1 pseudo-3D.
It's really smooth, the definitive version in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyYmgDrYofA
>>
Emulate the DC version.
>>
Why is the DC version so much better?
>>
File: kain bo.png (317KB, 274x580px) Image search: [Google]
kain bo.png
317KB, 274x580px
>>375828075
Emulate dc version other wise buy from gog
>blood omen 1 will never go up on gog or steam
>>
>>375829482
new models that looks way better
>>
>>375829637

Blood Omen is a nightmare on modern systems.

There's a portable version akin to System Shock portable, but even that is prone to failure. I got about 3 hours in before the game just decided I wasn't allowed to look at the map or inventory screen anymore, even if I restarted the game.
>>
>>375830083
>Blood Omen is a nightmare on modern systems.
Try the fanpatch it works perfectly fine with it. Even then gog also makes sure all their games work on modern hardware
>>
Playstation version best represents their original intent, so that one.
>>
>>375829482
>5th gen vs 6th gen

gee, I wonder
>>
File: RetroArch-0626-155733.jpg (339KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0626-155733.jpg
339KB, 1440x1080px
>>375829637

Just emulate it.
>>
>>375830592
>any version representing their original intent

wew lad
>>
PC version effectively has no controller support. He'll just run around in circles if you have joysticks. There is absolutely no fix for this unless you set the game to keyboard and just bind your controller to keys. He's only gonna go in eight directions though instead of true analog control. I still haven't really played it, only got frustrated with that. Is there any way to play it on PC with analog control? Did the PS1 version have DualShock support, or can the Dreamcast one easily be emulated?
>>
>>375830749
This the game cut so much god damn content it's fucking stupid. You know it was intended too since parts of it are still on the game files
>>
>>375830740
>emulating doesn't fix the slow as shit load times
No, I would rather deal with the pc fanpatch to load fast
>>
>>375830824

DEmul's compatibility list is down, so there's no way to check if it has problems later in the game.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.