[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fallout 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

Fallout 2 has been a huge disappointment so far. The combat is a fucking mess, there aren't nearly enough quests around and the writing (that is supposed to be "brilliant") is just bad.

Why all the hype? Nostalgia?
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with Fallout 2's combat.

>there aren't nearly enough quests around and the writing (that is supposed to be "brilliant") is just bad.
Have we even played the same Fallout 2? What are you on about?
>>
>>375827423
He probably needs a big yellow exclamation point to find them
>>
>>375826741
I despise San Fran and New Reno in that game, both are fucking bland stages.
>>
>>375827423
>There is literally nothing wrong with Fallout 2's combat.
Everything is wrong with Fallout 2's combat. The random encounters are pretty much unbeatable, and although my character is an unarmed/melee weapons master, he basically gets outdone by my companions anyway.

>Have we even played the same Fallout 2? What are you on about?
Everyone treats me like a retard because my 3 intelligence apparently means I can't form a coherent sentence. It's so hilarious when people are condescending to you and won't even talk to you because your intelligence slightly lower than average! Haha! Great writing!

Here's my build for reference.
>>
>>375827924
>2 Perception
>1 Agility
Are you the same guy, who was complaining about tutorial temple not so long ago?
>>
File: 1458202299125.png (113KB, 247x274px) Image search: [Google]
1458202299125.png
113KB, 247x274px
>>375827924
>1 agi
>>
>>375827924
do you have power fist or you go full unarmed?
Do you have car?
>>
>>375826741
you're the retard who posted on /g/ lmao
>>
>>375827924
ok then, low agility is what made you bad
here, catch:

In Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, Agility can be raised by using psycho which gives a temporary +3, and by using Buffout which gives a temporary +2.
Agility can be raised in Fallout 2 by using Monument chunk which gives a temporary +3.
In Fallout 2, taking the Gain Agility perk also raises Agility by 1.
In Fallout 2, The Chosen One can get a permanent +1 Agility by first sleeping with Miss Kitty and immediately afterwards sleeping with one of her prostitutes. (Restoration Project only)
>>
>yet another fallout 2 bait thread hosted by OP's idiot distribution
>vain hope that it still becomes a good thread like the last
>>
>>375828103
I have a MEGA power fist. It does good damage but I can only attack once a turn so it doesn't matter, I think my deathclaw companion does pretty much the same amount of damage and attacks FOUR times a turn. Great balancing.

No I don't have a car, I think there was one in the Den but it's owner basically called me a retard and didn't bother talking to me.

>>375828216
Yes, please don't bully
>>
>>375826741
>>375827924
Now I don't know if you're trolling or legitimately serious, but I've been following your threads since you first started the game and I'm genuinely impressed that you've actually come this far into the game with those stats. The fact that you're keeping it up just to stir /v/ is fucking hilarious, kudos.
>>
>>375827924
Troll or idiot, move on
>>
>>375828270
You can stack multiple jet as well.
>>
>>375826741
ye it's a 7/10 at best just like the first deus ex, pretty good but don't expect some kind of masterpiece.
>>
>>375828314
dont rely on deathclaw buddy for to long
>>
>>375828314
>but I can only attack once a turn
because of low agility
eat ome drugs before fights
you also have bad perks, for melee/unarmed agility 6 is good

so, in conclusion you made bad character
>>
>>375828314
You are playing with 3 INT, most NPCs will tell you to fuck off, of course you think writing is shit, you can't get any of the good writing. Hell, the fact that game has separate dialog depending on your intelligence IS the good writing everyone talk about.
>>
>>375827423
It's the exact same game. Only arguments i see are trivial.
>>
>>375827924
>AG 01

Oh hey, it's the troll again. Sage.
>>
>>375828465
>so, in conclusion you made bad character
This is a cop-out. In RPGs every possible character should be good.
>>
>>375828594
If you made it to vault 13 you can't really say your character is bad
Why do you bother roleplaying an idiot? I don't mean the character, I mean your obvious trolling
>>
Everything about this game is fantastic except the final boss and the scientist you can speechcheck in the final area.
>>
>>375828061
Yeah, same name. He's posted a few times and it's obvious he's been using a character editor to make baitworthy pics.
>>
>>375828594
>In RPGs every possible character should be good.
this is where you are wrong
>>
Diplomacy is overpowered in Fallout 2, not only can you complete roughly 75 % of the "big" quests in the game without ever entering combat, it's actually the "right", preferred method. Also non-combat skills seem to peak at around 110 points, there really aren't any situations in the game where you would want 111+ science for example. The only skill you would ever want to level above 110 would be your main combat skill or possibly your secondary combat skill (even though it never makes sense with big guns as burst is only useful at point blank anyway). Random encounters are ridiculous, you can get lucky and find a caravan fending off raiders which could mean you can loot 3 hunting rifles for absolutely free. Or if you get unlucky, you'll be placed in the middle of centaurs/aliens/fire geckos with no chance to run away, get surrounded and die. With advanced power armor on. It's so dependent on luck it doesn't make any sense.

I am still kinda mad at that agi 1 guy though, he is obviously doing a challenge run while false flag shitposting
>>
go get Sulik
>>
>>375828949
>I am still kinda mad at that agi 1 guy though, he is obviously doing a challenge run while false flag shitposting

You clearly haven't heard of the legend of the mighty Useless.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/63576-fallout-2/46690779

some dude 'cheated' his way down to 1 point in every stat, it's a good read.
>>
>>375827423
>There is literally nothing wrong with Fallout 2's combat.
ok here's how it breaks down without party members
>get ambushed by 10 rad scorpions
>move three spaces and punch one
>wait 2 to 3 minutes for them to finish their fucking turns
>move another two spaces and punch one
>repeat
you literally spend more fucking time staring at the screen in combat instead of actually playing the game.

combat with party members consists of the same thing. only your team mates do weird shit like walk off screen (like Marcus) and you have to wait even longer to perform action in an already fucking barebones combat system with barely any tactical or strategic aspects.

why you fucktards here on /v/ and RPGcodex keep praising these WRPG turds is beyond me. 90% of them have completely shit aspects that get praised
>>
>>375829642
>wait 2 to 3 minutes for them to finish their fucking turns

ho ho ho.

go to preferences and set combat speed up to the max. that is not a good way to play.
>>
>>375829469
shit i remember reading this when he was only just starting his journey
>>
File: bait 2.jpg (40KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait 2.jpg
40KB, 625x626px
>>375826741
>>
>>375828270
>In Fallout 2, The Chosen One can get a permanent +1 Agility by first sleeping with Miss Kitty and immediately afterwards sleeping with one of her prostitutes.

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>375826741
this is a b8, but I unironically prefer 1 over 2.

F2 is such a memefest. Also story is somewhat unfocused.
>>
>>375830498
only after finishing the game, when you also have access to that book that gives you 300 in all skills and something stupid like that.
>>
Yep, fallout 1&2 are shit and only brilliant art from Leonard Boyarsky and redeems them.
The main design team were dumb star trek nerds who literally sent threats to Bethesda after it acquired the IP, like of they don't give it back, they will make them return it, lmao
>>
Tactics was a good game
>>
>>375830862
it was alright, i fucking hate how sluggish it felt
>>
>>375830862
On mechanical level. Story-wise and lore-wise it was a mess
>>
>>375830862
so was jagged alliance 2
>>
>>375826741
You chose really low agility for combat, man. Any stat below 3 is CRIPPLING. Fallout 2 allows roleplay but you are handicapping your character when you are supposed to balance out your stats while being inclined to the role you wanna play.

You say you wanted to play a slow bruiser, that's fine, an Agility stat of 5-6 might have been a better choice, while also lowering your charisma and maybe your luck a little bit.
>>
>>375826741
>Why all the hype? Nostalgia?

Bingo.

I'd also estimate 75% of people that say F1&2 are good games haven't actually played them and have just watched lets plays or read the wiki.
>>
File: Unpopular Opinion.jpg (104KB, 449x642px) Image search: [Google]
Unpopular Opinion.jpg
104KB, 449x642px
I tried to play 1 but I really couldn't get into it. I'm not a fan of turn based combat but I could usually get over it if I'm really invested to the story, atmosphere and the rest of the game but it just didn't grab me like New Vegas did.

The biggest drawback for me was how limiting Fallout is. I loved New Vegas because there was so many different options to deal with problems and figure out the world if you were smart about it. In Fallout though, anything not invested in Agility and Small Guns feels like a complete waste. For a role-playing game it constantly punishes you for not playing by the meta, and that greatly takes away from the fun.
>>
This is literally why modern games hold your hand and outright prevent you from making bad decisions by lowering the impact of stats.
>>
>>375831279
Small guns are great for eye shots
Big guns are for characters who have to compensate for low perception
Energy guns are for nerds

Fallout 1's engine is very outdated, even when compared to 2 or Tactics', maybe that's why you couldn't get into it.
>>
>>375826741
>>375827924
this is the same bait thread every few days.
I'd suggest to not roll in with such an obvious bait build, but it seems to work, so have fun collecting meaningless (You)s.
>>
File: 1493204362098.jpg (71KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493204362098.jpg
71KB, 600x600px
>>375831975
But 1 and 2 had the same engine?
>>
>>375832206
Like how Morrowind Oblivion, Fallout 3, NV and Skyrim did
>>
>>375832348
Fallout 1's engine is pretty much identical to 2's, you just can tell people to move in 2.
>>
>>375827924
>Agility 1
>Tags meele and unarmed
Goddamm man, and you wonder why you suck so much.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.