[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /v/'s thought on the joycons? Good idea or bad idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170503_102700.jpg (99KB, 850x916px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170503_102700.jpg
99KB, 850x916px
What is /v/'s thought on the joycons?

Good idea or bad idea?
>>
>>375822361
Great idea. The best thing about the Wii was that you could play in a relaxed position with the nunchuck. This is a refinement of the Wii concept.
>>
>>375822361
Playing with your arms apart is surprisingly comfy - it was actually something I liked about the wiimote/nunchuck. That being said, I feel they're a tad small and I feel like I lose grip of them slowly.

I'm glad they also have a bit of weight to them
>>
I was playing MK8 Deluxe yesterday with my friend using the joycons with the sidegrips and surprisingly the controller while minimal as fuck is pretty fucking comfy for casual games.
While it would never fly for shit like Smash I could see this working even for couch coop games like your 2d mario's and various platformers
>>
I have said it once and I will say it one thousand times.

A full package joycon controller should be 60 dollars
That's a left and right joycon, a charging grip, and a charging cable.
60 dollars is ideal. 70 dollars is acceptable.
There is no reason this shit should be so much money, and especially no reason that you can only buy a full controller in pieces. There is no bundle with everything you would need for a standard controller
>>
>>375822361
I don't like them because I never liked the wii remote.
>>
>>375822567
I think consoles should be distancing themselves from PC as much as possible and offer something they can't do. That's why even though I mainly play on PC, Nintendo are the first consoles I look at when considering getting a console.
>>
Got a switch a few days ago and I think it's a nice evolution of the wiimote+nunchuck, but I wish the thing was packed with a regular controller as well because the left one fucks up sometimes at random for seemingly no reason.
>>
Good but still much room for improvement if Nintendo wants to build on the concept in future hardware. The + and - buttons up the top feel awkward after being on the middle-bottom of the past few gens. I think that's the problem, that every controller each gen has different button placements and that makes the experience really inconsistent
>>
>>375822361
They're disgustingly overpriced, but the idea is good. The sideways Joycons for multiplayer work really well for simple games like Bomberman and Mario Kart, but are pretty horrible for games that benefit from a full set of controls like Fast RMX or Shovel Knight.
>>
File: 1470074724733.jpg (116KB, 534x534px) Image search: [Google]
1470074724733.jpg
116KB, 534x534px
>>375822425
>>375822514
this
>tfw lying in bed with arms at either side of me playing videogames
>>
>>375822361
Why do you fucking ask this on here? They don't like anything. Fuck /v/ and their constant "I HATE LE EVERYTHING XDD!!" and fuck you for doing this thread almost on purpose.
>>
>>375822361

Bad. not because I don't like motion, but because look how fucking expensive Switch Controllers are. It's absurd.

Look at the 2DS XL, get rid of the useless 3D gimmick and its a lot cheaper. Switch could be a lot cheaper, as well as its controllers if Nintendo didn't need to worry about making return profit on their excessively expensive controllers
>>
>>375823125
Are you alright, mate? Quite a few people in this thread alone said that they like it a lot.
>>
>>375822603
I'll agree with you wholeheartedly on the price being disgusting, but there's a very good reason they don't include a charging grip/cable and that's because the Joycons basically never run out of power. I've had a Switch since launch and I've literally never seen the battery indicator on the Joycons dip even a little bit under full charge. Assuming you attach your Joycons when you're done playing and you leave your Switch on the dock or charger, you're guaranteed to never have to worry about the Joycons dying
>>
>>375822361
What was the point of having motion controls in them? Why drive up the price for no reason?
>>
>>375823290
Gyro controls are the only way to play Splatoon. If we're going to talk about shitty, expensive gimmicks, that sensor used for the eating game in 1 2 Switch is a fucking waste
>>
>>375822603
The charging grip is totally unnecessary. The joycons batteries never run out as long as you reattach them to the screen every few days.
>>
>>375822361
Jewish tier expensive
>>
File: drunk bakara.jpg (215KB, 1187x979px) Image search: [Google]
drunk bakara.jpg
215KB, 1187x979px
>>375822567

>Thinking Nintendo would have succeeded, at this point, by releasing a barebones and straightforward paint-by-numbers console like the Bone/PS4

Top fucking kek

Nintendo could have hopped on that boat like five years years ago, but that ship has sailed. The PS4 and Xbox One have been here for a while now, and have already established themselves in the market. All of the normies that want a console for playing their yearly multiplats and AAA games have already picked up their platform of choice. If Nintendo had went down that route in the year of our lord 2017, they would have a system that flops harder than the Wii U.

Nintendo put themselves in a position where they NEEDED a gimmick, some alternative way of enjoying games that their competitors don't provide, to excite consumers and convince them that picking up a second gaming device this late into the generation would be worth it.

And in that respect, I think the Switch's portable focus is the best and least intrusive direction they could have taken it and adds a lot of value to the system. Especially when you're looking to buy a multiplat, and are essentially getting a free portable version of the game along with your standard console experience. It adds a ton of extra value when considering which platform to pick up a game on, especially if the port is at least comparable if not identical.
>>
>>375823393
>Gyro controls are the only way to play Splatoon.
Really? That's pretty stupid for a third person type game. Unless I'm wrong and it actually works pretty well.
>>
>>375823393
>>375823290
If we're going to talk about shitty expensive gimmicks its the HD rumble
No other reason for the pro controller to cost more than a fucking game
>>
They're a shit idea that compromise the size, ergonomics, and price of a normal controller for a gimmick.
>>
>>375823680
The rumble on the pro controller is super weak, it feels like they put the rumble pack of just one joycon inside it when it needs two.
>>
good idea
bad execution
too bad nintendo cant handle interferences
>>
>>375823281
>>375823407
I can agree with this, and I don't think the console should have come with one, but if you are buying a second pair I think it's safe to assume they won't be connected to your switch most of the time. They should come with one
>>
>>375822874
It's the sensor being fucky. Try not to cover it up with anything
>>
>>375823629
Works incredibly well. You can basically move left and right with the stick for big movements, but move the controller to fine tune your aim and look up/down, I cant play Splatoon with any accuracy without it.
>>
>>375822514
I was excited to play BotW with joycons in a nice comfy, arms apart position... However the right joycon's stick is in such an awkward spot that it was pretty much unusable. I was pretty disappointed.
>>
>>375822361
Love it (them?). Too Expensive.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.