[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nier Automata

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 4

File: 3203875-3166347301-Nier-.jpg (18KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
3203875-3166347301-Nier-.jpg
18KB, 480x270px
What is the best game this year and why is it Nier Automata.
>>
I dont know about goty but the soundtrack will win.

Its so good the singer starts crying during Weight of the World
>>
>>375815638
Nier Automata is the best game story of the year, otherwise it's just average
>>
>>375815871
>director watched friend die as a kid
>writes dark melancholy epic that questions what is humanity and what constitutes a soul
>same director also told people to send him a zip file off all fanart of 2B

I dont understand Taro.
>>
>Breath of the Wild, Resident Evil 7, Persona 5 and Nier Automata all excellent games
>Rest of the years lineup looking very mediocre

I really hope some games can surprise me, because if so this will be one of the best years in gaming under recent memory
>>
>>375816476
There's always the new Mario

Uhhh Shenmue 3, but thats stretching it (and it'll probably not come out)
>>
>>375816476
Yeah all that is left this year is yet another CoD. Even if they go back to 1944 theu are going to fuck it up with jetpack dlc and (((diverse))) units
>>
> Do several sidequests (including the race) and get some rare chips
> game crashes
> last saved 2 hours ago
> have to redo dumb fetch quests and the fucking final race against speedy machine
> crashes in the exact same spot the next time (luckily I saved at every oppurunity)
> crashes again in same place again
> and again

After completing another story mission and retrying the parade it worked fine, but still it's pretty shitty.

Otherwise game is great though
>>
>>375816317
He's a real human bean
>>
>>375815638
>Taro trash
>Goty
Not even in taros dreams
>>
P5 is better
>>
File: 1477473664722.png (237KB, 616x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477473664722.png
237KB, 616x480px
>>375815638
How does Nier:Autofellatio compare to other Plat titles?
>>
>>375816317
He is so fucked up.
>>
>>375818148
I dont get the hype regarding P5, 50 hrs in, I know I would have beaten P3 and P4 now at lvl 80, but i'm only lvl 40, I barely played the game, the story is forced down my throat, and momentos is worse than tarterus

It's just so slow
>>
>>375818223
If you're a platfag you'll hate it. It's more RPG than anything else
>>
Boys make best gfs.
>>
>>375818398
Apparently his friend's corpse had a boner so he laughed at that.
>>
>>375815638
no redeeming qualities besides the soundtrack
>>
>>375818505
This.

It's a shame because there's no good reason why Plat couldn't have made a fully functional action game combat system framework. It works just fine for ARPGs; Darksiders II was fantastic, and while I don't care for the Souls series it's tough to argue against it having a complex and skill-based combat system.

The problem is Takahisa Taura just isn't a very good combat designer. The two games that he was design lead on (MGR and Automata) were among Plat's shallowest, least-interesting combat systems.

That's not the only thing wrong with Automata (empty world full of fetch-quests, the stupid corpse-finding "mechanic", hacking minigame) but it's probably its biggest flaw. If the combat had been deep and varied, the emptiness of the world and the tedium of the mini-game content would have been easier to gloss over because they would have felt like such a small component of the gameplay.
>>
>>375818223
Few interesting combos. If you want a real platinum game with good combat, play bayonetta or metal gear rising. Though I'm not saying nier is bad
>>
File: 4618e351806eb49065905a551b9fb938.png (547KB, 1280x1443px) Image search: [Google]
4618e351806eb49065905a551b9fb938.png
547KB, 1280x1443px
>>375816476
Isn't Mario also coming out this year?
>>
Hollow Knight
>>
>>375817618
>Do several sidequests (including the race) and get some rare chips
>go exploring, wind up in an area where you are underleveled for the combat
>die
>have to go retrieve your body to get back your rare chips
>die again

And that's the story of why I stopped equipping chips. You're basically offering them as a sacrifice to the capricious whims of the game's spawn locations.
>>
>>375816317
>>375818717
this is the same post i saw on the Yoko Taro thread.
>>
>>375819283
Metal Gear Rising is as bad as Nier is.

It's funny that you would say "few interesting combos" when the core of Raiden's combat is a random cycling of same-speed attack animations that lasts forever as you mash X. It has like, 4 interesting attacks. As shallow as Automata is, it's still got better melee combat than MGR in the combo department.

Both games pale in comparison to the sheer breadth of moves available in Bayo 1/2 and TFD. Not that having a lot of moves necessarily means shit in terms of how good the combat is; no Plat game has ever had fewer moves than TW101 but that's one of the company's best.
>>
>want to replay the game
>remember the open world design that just blatantly pad outs the runtime while the world itself is bland as fuck
>remember the combat that doesn't even nearly hold the game up for 30+ hours
>remember the characters that are barely built up at all and the I'm actually expected to care about their "romance"
>remember the story thats blatantly meaningless, has no momentum and is just basically a collection of "and heres THIS!" moments
>remember the quest design thats glorified fetch quests in a nutshell

Welp
But I guess because the game tackles some incredibly basic philosophical themes its deep, complex and de baest gaem evur
>>
>>375819269
At least it doesn't have cutscenes every 3 minutes like Bayo + QTEs. The corpse mechanic is optional and the hacking minigame is up to your opinion i guess.
It was a nice try for their first "open" world game, more like open hubs though. I still had a lot of fun with the sidequests just like the first Nier. Most of the stuff was just on my way anyway or i already had the items and not all of them are fetch quests. There's also just not too much you can except for trying to cover up fetch quests or some shit in other ways, like any open world game does it.

Niers and MGRs combat would've been improved a lot buy not being able to dodge/parry infinitely. Nier has way more potential than MGR though even than some other Plat games, but enemies die too quickly, but they're just EXP like in most RPGs anyway. Adam and Eve would've been great without an infinite dodge.
>>
>>375819960
>Replayability a problem
This is an issue for every game that came out this year except for Puyo Puyo Tetris
>>
>>375820191
>The corpse mechanic is optional
You die, and you lose all your chips unless you run straight to your corpse and stand there like a sitting duck mid-fight trying to reclaim them.

In what way is that optional?

Yes, the infinite dodge was a major issue. Another was that enemies are all basically knockback-proof, especially when in attack animations, so combos/juggles are extremely difficult to set up. There are a lot of "long hitboxes" too; in most action games, the damage dealt by an enemy occurs in an instant after the telegraph. There's a split second when you have to be not-vulnerable. Automata has enemies that love to do long, drawn-out cyclical attacks that basically force you to stay at range and pewpew them with your Pod because you can't melee attack until their animation is completely over.

Nier has SOME potential, mostly because the thrown-swords mechanic lets you cancel out of attacks while still doing damage, but the fact that 70% of your interesting attacks are (a) on a cooldown timer, and (b) have to be equipped one at a time, and (c) have to be aimed manually (on hard mode) makes improvisation unnecessarily difficult.
>>
Automata is garbage. Shocking I know, being made by the man with a track record of only making terrible games.
>>
>>375820576
>This is an issue for every game that came out this year
Which makes it okay?

Besides, the replayability not existing is the least of my gripes with the game if you actually read the post
>>
>>375821084
No, I'm shitting on every game that came out this year on this

Make your shit replayable game devs
>>
>>375815638
>write game completely full of holes
>slap in some mediocre platinum combat and fetch quests for 30 hours
>slap in a completely bland open world
>tackle some basic philosophical themes of existence and purpose
>OMG GOTY ALL YEAR EVERY YEAR YOKO TARO THE MASTER

????
>>
>>375819389
Just reload the game if you value your chips so much.
>>
>>375822002
What is the point of having the game not just reload a save on death, then? I still have to kill all the enemies again, I still have to watch all the cutscenes again. I don't gain anything from having to find my corpse. All the game is doing is telling me to navigate a bunch of menus and sit through additional loading screens every time I die.
>>
My only real issue with it is that a lot of people stop at ending A thinking they've completed the game
>Mfw Christ centered Gamer stopped at ending A and didn't factor the mass child suicide in to their morality score
>>
>>375822298
>Gave the game 6/10 on morality regarding sexual content
lol best reviewer.
>>
>>375819269
>there's no good reason why Plat couldn't have made a fully functional action game combat system framework
a combo meter being completely out of place, for one. Remove it from Bayonetta, and what's the incentive to spam anything but PKP?
>>
>>375816317
You forgot the part where everyone at the scene laughed at the dead friends boner.
>>
>>375819389
Don't worry you won't have to deal with that in the game's second half.
>>
>>375823050
yeah instead you got a forced game over, hope you remembered to save.

I lost 6 hours of gameplay because of this because the game thought it would be funny to obfuscate the fact that all through route C you cant get new bodies anymore.
>>
>>375819573
I haven't played metal gear rising in a long time, but I remember liking it as a platinum game. I remember there being at least a couple interesting combos/moves you could buy
>>
>>375823272
I love that though, it actually made sense.
>>
People who praise this turd are either newfags trying too hard to fit in, or literal 10 year olds amazed by babbies first pseudo philosofical trite being spewed in their general direction.

The gameplay is dogshit, easily platinums worst.
The story is a poorly mashed together shitfest, and 80% of it is the original Nier's story regurgitated. Fuck my ass, A2's ending is literally Kaine's ending with the gender roles reversed.

Endless backtracking

Game is insultingly easy, except on the 1 shot mode.

All these weapons, and they dont change gameplay whatsoever.
>>
>>375823514
You know a games good when it gets this many bait threads and posts on /v/
>>
File: a.png (4MB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
4MB, 1280x1811px
>>375823354
It actually factually doesnt.
>>
>>375823575
Not an argument
>>
>>375823575
Guess no mans sky is game of the decade then.
>>
Will Persona 5 even qualify for any goty awards since it technically came out last year?
>>
>>375823341
>buying moves

such fun.

Automata should only have unlocked its fast run in route B, as was done in Bayonetta.
>>
>>375823272
The game tells you multiple times that it doesn't auto save and if talk to the android in the camp she'll tell you ike 6 times that the game doesn't autosave. The savestations are fucking everywhere and you can save from the menu when you're even remotely close to them. Don't blame the game kid
>>
>>375824029
Bayo is also nohting but hallways that don't even need a fast run
>>
>>375824060
But he couldn't possibly blame himself, that means he's an idiot who doesn't read the information laid out before him and is literally one of the first things the game tells you
>>
>>375822949
First of all, a ranking system is not a combo meter. DMC's style system is not the same as Bayonetta's combo meter; in Bayo, your score is based on time used, damage taken, and total damage output for a fight (with a multiplier for consistent damage output).Variety is not really a factor as long as you keep the DPS up and consistent, and there really ISN'T much reason not to just spam PKP, apart from it not having much use for sustaining juggles.

Second of all, a ranking system is not at all out of place in an ARPG. Even FFXV has one (the "report card"), you reward players who perform well/stylishly/whatever with extra experience points or skill points or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>375824060
>Dont blame the game because you didnt save despite there being no need to because you can collect your corpse OOPS now you cant anymore but we wont tell you that you'll just have to find out :^)

Yeah no kiddo, I can and will blame the game for this. Prior to route C, there is zero reason to constantly save. There is nothing that can permanently fuck you over and you can collect your chips.
>>
>>375823272
the machine head guy at the resistance camp tells you this
>>
>>375824223
And? Does that change the fact that there is zero reason to save constantly?

Yeah, didnt think so, bumbang boi. Stop trying to oh so desperately defend a terrible game.

Taro should stop pretending he can make games, because he cant, and just write books or movies.
>>
>>375824217
You have no excuse for even dying unless you played on very hard
>>
>>375824445
btfo
>>
>>375824445
Man i hope you never played games from before the PS3 era
>>
>>375824445
Taro made this game all by himself? Damn that's impressive.
>>
>>375824451
I do play on very hard. Theres also a specific machine that can completely oneshot you even on lower difficultties

its the one that has this unavoidable grab move. Unless you knew about it beforehand, you're gonna end up getting grabbed and killed
>>
>>375825632
Should've saved
>>
>>375824630
pretty much. he even admits the game was shit and platinum did their best to salvage the wreckage.
>>
>>375825710
Shoudve warned players that from this point on, death means reloading the previous save :^), maybe i'd have bothered saving then.
>>
>>375825929
Should've just watched a walkthrough. Please never play games from before PS3/360 era
>>
>>375825929
it does, talk to the strange resistance man/woman after the bunker explodes
>>
>>375826215
Why would you ever fucking do that. I talked ot her at the start of the game.

Why would you EVER assume she'd have something new to say, considering all she does is explain the game's options menu.

And sell trophies. Thank god for that, Cba replaying this trash 26 times and farming 500 crushed nuts to upgrade shit
>>375826030
>just youtube it
Thats just admitting the game is garbage and woudve been better off as a movie.
>>
>>375826469
you can straight up buy 90% of the materials for upgrades.

and >not talking to taros ingame personas

fag
>>
>>375826693
I didnt know taro was a woman. and the guy has nothing useful to say.

>b-b-bbut you can buy most of the mats
Except the rare ones. Which defeats the point doesnt it? I dont need to fucking buy copper ore or small gears. I need pure water n shit, black pearls.
>>
>>375816317
>>375816801
>>375823031
>>375824910
Mind explaining yourself?
>>
>>375815638
I had more fun with:

Yakuza 0
RE7
For Honor
Sniper Elite 4
Nioh
Ghost Recon
Breath of the Wild

So one of those games before Automata.
>>
>>375826469
No i'm just admitting that you're retarded and should stop playing videogames
>>
>>375826951
water is easy to farm
black pearls can be bought in the amusement park
stop emil outside the resistance camp and he sells rare stuff
>>
>>375826960
>multiple threads up about one game

Wow so all those BOTW threads were made by one anon too?
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.