[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFVI Veterans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: ffvi.jpg (2MB, 2000x1404px) Image search: [Google]
ffvi.jpg
2MB, 2000x1404px
How long will this game take me to beat? Could I beat it in 3-4 days? Less? :D

And is FFV even worth playing after I've beaten VI?
>>
>>375805184
if you like fairly in-depth class systems than fuck yeah play 5 afterwards

you can beat 6 in 3-4 days possibly less if you don't play it like a jrpg and don't grind but then you essentially have to speedrun, 3-4 days though is appropriate
>>
>>375805184
You can definitely do it in 3-4 days.

What FFV lacks in story, it makes up in gameplay.
>>
>>375805295
I love in depth class systems, thanks anon. Can't wait to play these.
>>
>>375805184
Depending on how much you bother with all the side quests in the second half of the game beating the game in 3-4 days is certainly feasible
>>
>Acquire Economy Ring
>beat the game
It's that simple. Alternatively,
>acquire Osmosis spell
>beat the game
Magic is so OP in this game it's stupid.
>>
>>375806498
Anything else you'd recommend to a first time player? I'm trying to have as easy a playthrough as possible.
>>
>>375806939
Sabin's Blitz ability is based on his magic stat
The Vanish status make physical attacks always miss, but magic spells always hit
There's an instant death spell HINT^^^^^
If you're playing the SNES version, there's a coding error that makes your M.Block stat get used for physical based dodges (as well as the magic based ones it's suppose to be used for), and your evade stat gets used for nothing.
>>
>>375806939
There's a few people who die for plot reasons, you can save two of them if you're smart.
>>
>>375807248
>>375807424
Thanks anons. I'll make sure to make use of that vanish+death combo as soon as I can. And pray that I save those two party members because I can't into permadeath.
>>
>>375805184
FFVI is reasonably short if you aren't an idiot, maybe 30-40 hours to do everything that isn't hunting all the Rages down and uncursing the Cursed Shield, and FFV is a far better game than VI.
>>
>>375808493
Is it worth doing everything or most-everything in this game? I'm a completionist but I was hoping this game would be a good time without getting everything.
>>
>>375808997
Yeah, doing all the side stuff after you get the freedom to do it is worth your time.
Lets you resolve some character arcs and there's a bunch of optional dungeons.
>>
>>375808997
6 is by far the most side quest heavy game of the first 10 games (the second half of the game is almost entirely side quests) meaning if you enjoy that type of stuff ff 6 is great
>>
>>375809406
Hm. Maybe I'll wait to play this game until I actually have the time to really devote to it. I don't want to half ass it, FF is my favorite franchise, after all.
>>
>>375805184
First playthrough probably 30 hours, 40 if you do all the side content. Probably close to 45-50 if your playing the GBA version with the additional dungeon.

>And is FFV even worth playing after I've beaten VI?
Yes definitely, its my personal favorite the story is really simple and nothing special but the job system is one of the best in the series.
>>
>>375805184
4, 5 and 6 are all great.
7 And 9 are God tier.
>>
>>375809608
The only mainline games I haven't emjoyed are 1, 2, 8 and 13.

5 and 6 are the only two I never got the chance to play, so I'm playing them now.
>>
>>375809512
I'm pretty fucking excited to give them both an honest playthrough.
>>
>>375809709
You will definitely like both of them then. 5 expands upon 3's job system and 6 was the most story driven of the SNES era games.
>>
>>375809776
3 is easily one of my favorite in the whole series, so that makes me very excited for 5. And I love Final Fantasy stories, even if they're completely ridiculous. ur makan me excoited anon :o
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.