[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it killed the franchise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: jpg.jpg (145KB, 600x971px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
145KB, 600x971px
it killed the franchise
>>
>>375805059
>ffxv sells millions, blows expectations away
>/v/ says its shit and killed the franchise

>botw sells millions, blows expectations away
>/v/ says its shit and killed the franchise

Are we beginning to see a pattern here, anon?
>>
It's the first good 3D Zelda, though.
>>
no it was the best man
you don't understand the artistic talent that went behind this beauty of a game
you have really bad taste and suck
zelda botw was by far the best zelda game in ever
it is also the single best game of all time and you suck
>>
>>375805147
more money on marketing than on the actual game, lack of imagination and competence from the developers, aggressive dlc strategy?
maybe
>>
>>375805147
FFXV is shit, BotW is actually good.
>>
The same way Awakening killed Fire Emblem, right?
>>
>>375805059
I'd argue the opposite. Zelda felt pretty irrelevant as a franchise post Ocarina of Time. BotW changed that.
>>
>>375805059
It depends on what they do for the sequel. If it's just a copypaste and still has all the same problems, then we can start worrying about the franchise. But I'm hoping that Nintendo still has an experimental streak, and will try something different. What MM was to OoT.
>>
>>375805212
But the only thing that might apply to Zelda is the first complaint.

BotW has a good template that could be built into a hugely improved sequel and only the first half of the DLC is intrusive and should've been an update.
>>
>>375805059
I hope not, but it did make me feel more cynical about Nintendo's current level of design and creativity. Easily my least favorite of the 3D Zeldas.

I guess I'm glad people liked it more than I did because it will give them another shot, and they'll at least have to pick a theme that's not climbing and shrines. This is harsh to say, but I wish they'd replace Fujibayashi, and even possibly Aonuma. Maybe let Koizuma take a crack at Zelda again.
>>
>>375805602
I disagree
this game wants to be a throw back to the original but has less exploration than that one, story sucks, dlc are aggressive because there is no possible explanation of why those are out of the main game, combat style is atrocious, other games are way better
>>
>>375805838
>has less exploration than that one
fucking how? you're talking utter bollocks here m8
>>
>>375805979
the original had 9 dungeons, botw has only '''4'''
everything is basically in front of you, this is when I say there is no real exploration
>>
>>375806120
dungeons have nothing to do with the world exploration
>>
>>375806145
they do in a zelda game
>>
>>375806242
no they don't, dungeons are entirely separate from the game world
>>
File: 1493777241729.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493777241729.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>375806393
>dungeons are entirely separate from the game world
have you ever played a zelda game before, I mean the good ones?
>>
>>375805059
You're thinking of Wind Waker, the game where all of BotW's flaws, as well as the Toonshit cancer that consumed the handheld games, originates.

BotW is still much better than any Toon Link game, with the possible exception of FSA if you can get a bunch of friends who won't just throw each other into pits together.
>>
>>375806576
But they are, in fact usually they're actually positioned in a compeltely different location in the game, and the player is technically teleported into it. The only dungeon that comes to mind that partially integrates itself with the actual overworld is that one in LttP (I don't remember the name of the dungeon) where 1/3rd of the dungeon is set outside of it.
>>
>>375806727
>he never played zelda 1, zelda oot, zelda majora

post discarded
>>
>>375806867
none of those game's dungeons are part of the overworld, their interiors are placed elsewhere in the game instead and the player is teleported into them.
>>
I AM ANGRY
ANGRY ABOUT MUSIC
>>
>>375805172
This but unironically
>>
yeah and you're going to kill your family's franchise
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.