[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it OK when Atlus does it? http://www.personaproblems.com/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 60

File: Atlus.jpg (414KB, 1079x837px) Image search: [Google]
Atlus.jpg
414KB, 1079x837px
Is it OK when Atlus does it?

http://www.personaproblems.com/
>>
If you care so much play it in Japanese then

You can't read Japanese
>>
>6 lines with problems
>I'M A WEEB EXPERT THEY TRANSLATED IT WRONG
>>
The author of this website defends NoA censorship and shit translations.
>>
"a scum"

omg they even suck at english
cant make this shit up
>>
PCkeks everybody
>>
>>375803592
I can't take the dudes who started this site seriously after they defended Fire Emblem Fates so vehemently.

They're probably just pissed their buddies didn't get to work on it.
>>
I feel like the problems only stick out if you're listening to the dub.
If you play with the jub and go by ear and just skim the text for reference it's pretty fantastic.

I didn't think the localization was bad at all until I started NG+ with the dub.

>>375803743
This is a perfect example. You gloss right over that if you listen to moon Morgana instead. It only sticks out when she says it out loud in English.
>>
>Being surprised that a localized script the size of fucking War and Peace has typos and errors
>>
>>375803592
Transcription errors are no reason to shill your shit site faggot.
>>
>>375803778
>>375803708

And there you have it.
>>
These fags are just mad their shitty friends didn't get to add a bunch of sjw garbage to the localization.
>>
whatever. there's like three actual errors in that picture, the rest is nitpicking bullshit. really makes ya wanna sage a thread
>>
File: 1433710558374.png (19KB, 291x317px) Image search: [Google]
1433710558374.png
19KB, 291x317px
Meh, through the whole 90 hours for my first run through the game, there were like a dozen lines that were worded a little awkwardly but still understandable. Then there were maybe two that were actually a little baffling.

Persona 3/4 had goofy shit as well. Hell P3P still had kanji as some text. Weird how people didn't throw an autism shitstorm over that.
>>
>>375804030
This. What that fag is doing on his twitter is just shit nitpicking that no one gives a fuck about.
>>
>>375803592
go back to shitaku.
>>
File: file.png (159KB, 498x278px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
159KB, 498x278px
>>375803592
>You should change the script to be more western
That's what they're advocating for, yeah sure Atlas fucked up some lines, but fuck those faggots.

Shill your localisation propaganda elsewhere.
>>
I'm surprised these guys are still trying after they got BTFO over the shogi question.
>>
>>375803676
>in a 140 hour game
>>
File: Lux_Pain.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Lux_Pain.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
You guys don't know what a poorly translated game is until you've played this fucking shitshow. There came a time where I lived in a 3rd world shithole with unreliable internet and power outages that would last anywhere between 12-48 hours, and the only thing keeping me from blowing my brains out was binging on anime and NDS ROMs that I'd downloaded in advance. This was one of them. Never have I played a game so fucking incoherently translated in my entire life. It had a really cool vibe and atmosphere, but I'm at least 99.99% sure this shit was handed to the FOB Jap dude with a basic knowledge of English and Google Translate and slapped together in a fortnight. It got to the point where characters would forget what the hell they were even talking about mid-sentence, and sometimes even the genders of either party engaging in conversation. Shittalk this game all you want, but as far as localizations go nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will top this fuckfest.
>>
>>375803786
> It only sticks out when she says it out loud in English.
That's only because we're used to god-awful fansubs and scanlations.
>>
>It's okay because the game is long

Are you people retarded? Have you ever heard of editors, proofreaders, quality checkers?
Trails in the Sky series has several times the script of this weebshit and you won't see many errors in it. The latest Yakuza game is also probably just as big.

A typo or two is unavoidable, but this goes beyond that. Get Atlus' cheap cock out of your gaping assholes and just admit you don't care about being delivered a quality product.
>>
>>375803708
>>375803778
>>375803930
What in the world of fuck does one have to do with another? It's not about the makers of the site and their inconsequential online presences, it's about a bad translation of Persona fucking 5.
>>
>>375804778
Do you understand how percentages work
>>
>>375804809
>their inconsequential online presences

Nice try.
>>
>>375804949
You're one of only a handful of autists interested in whatever imbecilic drama you're referring to.
>>
File: file.png (9KB, 585x65px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
9KB, 585x65px
Apparently at the dawn of language the world had global communication but there was a disagreement as to what language sounded better, so that's why there are multiple languages.
Languages weren't actually formed when groups of people agreed but lacked the ability to spread that agreement to all corners of the world.
This is what these fags actually believe. This is how they explain why they're better translators. The Tower of Babel is a more fucking convincing language origin mythos than this shit.

So no OP, I don't think I'll take these faggots seriously.
>>
>>375805081
>pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
>>
>>375804778
This, it's not that hard.
>>
>>375804749
I don't even watch/read anime.
>>
>>375803592
All that effort put into that website could've been put into doing their own translation.

What's their underlying agenda here?
>>
>>375805503
>being this stupid

Maybe 1% of their own translation.
>>
>>375803592
>http://www.personaproblems.com/
Oh look its the faggot that got autoremoved from multiple sites like reddit for spamming his site everywhere.
Not surprised you're ending up here.
>>
>>375803592
>>375804809
There are more lines on that website then there are bad lines in Persona 5. They wrote three times as much text then there is problematic text

All in all it just sounds like a guy pestering Atlus to hire him

Yeah everyone has acknowledged that there are a DOZEN bad lines in Persona 5, in game with half a million lines of text. Somehow they managed to make themselves look even more pathetic than the people sperging out about Fire Emblem because that shit actually had a ton of cut content and rewrites
>>
>>375805561
I'd say much less.
>>
I hope Persona 6 doesn't get localized at all. Fuck these entitled babies.
>>
>suh ka moto
>>
>>375805657
>a telly er
>>
>>375805503
its either to be as contrarian as possible
or
to defend his mates that didnt get accepted to get to work with the games

I still think that with the delay, Atlus had at some point a version that is more straightforward, but the jap didnt like it and had it to be extended and bit too truthful to the jap text. Didnt one of the guy that apologize for the delay is a japanese and said the translation was one of its many problems?
>>
>>375805640
You do realize these entitled babies don't actually need localizations
>>
>>375803592
>no ads
>no patreon
>no donation button

They are doing this for free. They are putting in effort to be upset about cherry picked errors...

FOR FREE
>>
The dude who made that site defends the FE Fates translation, anything they have to say is a moot point.
>>
>>375805205
What fucking curtain? Atlus USA made a pretty bad job, comparatively speaking, translating P5. Some douchenozzles online made infographics demonstrating that. Those people may be little girls or homosexual hobos, it doesn't matter. Case in point:

>>375805627
>All in all it just sounds like a guy pestering Atlus to hire him
...which is entirely irrelevant. Who the fuck cares about his/their/whatever's attempts at life? Let them die in a fucking ditch. All that matters is that P5 has more problems with its English script than it should.

For example, suppose I fuck giraffes. Does that change my fucking argument in any way whatsoever?
>>
I agree on the unsubtitled lines being a problem
>>
>>375805696
Oh. So their complaints are EVEN MORE STUPID.

lol
>>
File: 1433705667371.jpg (177KB, 1285x855px) Image search: [Google]
1433705667371.jpg
177KB, 1285x855px
>>375805716
Their opinions are to be disregarded, but demonstratable facts are demonstratable facts regardless of who's stating them.

Am I actually talking to children without realizing it or something?
>>
Stop trying to turn this into shitposting US AGAINST THEM thing.
>>375803708
No he doesn't.
>>
>>375805718
>Does that change my fucking argument in any way whatsoever?
I don't listen to degenerates. Meaning: yes it does. Because your """argument"""" is neither unique or special. Anything you say can and will be said by a person not fucking giraffes.
So fuck off giraffe fucking freak.
>>
>>375805718
>suppose I fuck giraffes. Does that change my fucking argument in any way whatsoever?
Sure it does. Nobody is going to take a bestiality fetishist seriously. Go get laid, hopefully not with an ungulate. You spent too many times indoors and arguin in the internet instead with real humans.
>>
I thought all the sperglords complaining about Fire Emblem were petty. But this is 100 times pettier.
>>
>>375805842
>cut out a chunk of gameplay
>the people who care are being petty
Okay.
>>
>>375805786
>Am I actually talking to children

Do you not know where you are?
>>
>>375805818
t. the author himself.
>>
File: 1403240402323.png (173KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1403240402323.png
173KB, 640x640px
Petty nitpicking like this helps much larger issues slide right by unnoticed. For example, the voice acting and lack of it in so many places. Most dungeon puzzle dialogue isn't voiced, almost none of the pre-palace meetups are voiced, your introduction to Shadow Sae is just through text.

Aside from that, this faggot is just nitpicking the most popular series to attention whore, much like how he's the contrarian who defended FE Fates being neutered. I'm curious if he made a peep during #FE's "localizing," or even Xenoblade X.
>>
I'm surprised to see this many people defending that shitty site and the idiot behind it. Unless he's here(again) and posts himself.

No, I don't give a shit about P5's problems when you link to a butthurt autist like that. Make a thread with a decent non-shilling OP and we can talk about it.
>>
>>375805881
The whole thread smells like someone that has been kicked off from many places and ends up in 4chan and had to beg for (you)s and approvals that he didnt get anywhere else.
>>
>>375805718
Sadly, you are being too reasonable, some people here are just searching for an excuse to shitpost.
Look at these disgusting underage kids >>375805821 >>375805834.
>>
>>375805627
>There are more lines on that website then there are bad lines in Persona 5.
The examples are from near beginning of the game, do you seriously expect them to scour entire game and compare all of the translation to whole Japanese script?
Point is that right from the start of the game you have miss-translations and badly edited lines, and these persist throughout.
>>
>>375805821
>>375805834
Ok kids, I'll oblige. I'm a giraffe fucker and I say 2+2=4. Are you going to disregard the fact simply because I left your mothers for my sweet, sweet giraffe?

>>375805881
4chan wasn't actually for children when I first came on here back in 2005. And euro/v/ always had the language filter than further helped get rid of the kids, most of whom were murkans.
>>
>>375805718
>...which is entirely irrelevant. Who the fuck cares about his/their/whatever's attempts at life?

Yes, it means they're being dishonest about their agenda. The localization is no worse than it was in P4 and most other JRPGs

Even with the grammar issues the lines are perfectly readable. Get over yourself you weirdo
>>
>>375806042
>Yes, it means they're being dishonest about their agenda.
What fucking agenda? The statement that P5's translation is not that good is demonstratable and has been demonstrated right there in the OP.
>>
>>375803592
Didn't this guy apply for a job at Atlus USA and got rejected?
>>
File: cut.jpg (186KB, 599x709px) Image search: [Google]
cut.jpg
186KB, 599x709px
>>375805974
If you are talking about the creator of the site, this looks like enough approval to me.
>>
What is this person's end goal of this site?

The site really well made and is presented very well. If he's looking to be hired for game translations, he's not showing the correct expertise. He's website design skills are much better than whatever he's talking about.
>>
>Its an giraffe fucker throws a tantrum in /v/ episode
At least tile fucker didnt take himself too seriously.
>>
>>375806116
>gory details included for free
>free
>>
>>375805895
>For example, the voice acting and lack of it in so many places.
It's generally agreed that Atlus USA only did the things that were expected of them when localizing the game. They didn't do any extra work, like adding in additional voiced lines, or subtitles to bits that there previously weren't any.
This is most likely due to them not having time, since the translation was very much of a rush-job due to JP side not giving them materials before they were out in Japan.
>>
>>375806020
No because you fucking giraffes has nothing to do with your math skills. However this dude is on the record as defending and praising translations with way more problems than P5 potentially does, those two are related to each other.
>>
>>375806116
t. author himself
>>
>>375806160
>>375805715

What are you doing?
>>
>>375806154
I understand that you're upset, but if your sister had a longer neck, maybe I wouldn't have left her the way I did.
>>
>>375805984
I only noticed some bad lines at the beginning. After the first dungeon I didn't see any wonky lines since

Like seriously, are you the author of the site? Because 4chan is usually pretty anal about the quality of translations, and most of us here can tell the problems are pretty drat infrequent
>>
>>375806020
>Ok kids, I'll oblige. I'm a giraffe fucker and I say 2+2=4. Are you going to disregard the fact simply because I left your mothers for my sweet, sweet giraffe?
>being that bad at reading comprehension
>calling others kids while being that stupid
Nigga, what did the posts say? Nobody disregards the fact, they disregard you. You're not the only one saying 2+2=4, so there's more than enough people to choose from that aren't an obnoxious faggot that lacks basic reading comprehension.
Also
>when I first came on here back in 2005.
Sure buddy. I have a hard time believing that someone this stupid would survive here for this long without killing himself out of shame from being called out every single time he types something stupid.
>>
>>375806020
>resort to motherposting
wew lad
>>
>>375803743
I've heard people say this before. Morgana isn't even a people, a cat rather instead however
>>
>>375806189
Were you an adult, you would've known that, when dealing with facts, you must argue against the argument, not the person.
>>
>>375806020
No, but I wont give you the time of day or take you seriously. Fuck dogs like normal people or get out.
>>
Enough talk about the quality of the translated lines. What about the UNtranslated ones? There were way too many instances of untranslated ambient lines
>>
>>375806275
>You're not the only one saying 2+2=4, so there's more than enough people to choose from
Sure, but what you kids are saying ITT is that, "what, P5 has a bad translation? no idea, because people presenting proof are baaaaaaaad". That's faulty logic that can only come out of someone without even a semblance of education. Like a schoolkid.
>>
>>375806314
>He still thinks the world is that black and white
Literally career suicide
>>
>>375806116
>april 20
Lmao! The site has existed for some time at that point, and he(you) is still playing it off like its new content. Probably still shilling it at this point.
>>
>>375806105
Yes, they wrote paragraphs of text about a dozen overly-literal sentences. The amount of effort is in vast excess of the actual problems in localization

>>375806116
Yes, and there were just as many likes on tweets mocking the aspie
>>
>>375806314
And I am saying the dudes arguments don't hold water and his reason for making them are suspect at best, you dipshit.
>>
>>375806116
Did you just take a pic of your own tweet?
>>
>>375803592
I don't see the problems with most of those though. Not a fat American faggot btw, care to explain the issues with these?
>>
>>375806418
When you have something to gain, sure, you may argue to win and not arrive at truth. But in this thread nobody has anything to gain but truth if that, you goddamn child.

>>375806453
You never said anything about his argument, only his person. Which person is not only irrelevant to the argument, but also to the world at fucking large.
>>
>>375806116
>this looks like enough approval to me.
Oh wow, so you're telling me that literally SOME people agree with a moron? DSP gets more positive attention than that, you faggot.
>>
Atlus have been delivering cheap, incompetent, fansub-tier localizations for two decades. EOPs are used to being treated like the second-rate garbage they are.

Especially if we're talking about Persona fans, who are used to reading shoddy, broken translations in stuff like manga and hentai.

All in all, I don't know who this "cause" is aimed at. EOPs don't care about shitty translations, and JOPs don't need them to begin with.
>>
>>375805818
Yes he does. Check the site's owner's twitter. He even said games like Senran Kagura should be banned.
>>
>>375806108
Anyone wanna look this up?
>>
>>375806403
>"what, P5 has a bad translation? no idea, because people presenting proof are baaaaaaaad"
Reading comprehension. Go get it. Nobody is saying that. There are literal posts like >>375805928 stating that OP is a faggot and that the P5 problems are a different matter. Or is differentiation also something you lack? Because either way, you clearly are a huge idiot.
>That's faulty logic that can only come out of someone without even a semblance of education. Like a schoolkid.
The irony here is that every schoolkid probably has better reading comprehension than you.
>>
>>375806527
They are literal translations from Japanese, which is profoundly unprofessional. It's something fansubbers do in their free time, not paid professionals for a major release.
>>
If you had to pick between a Persona 5 tier literal almost machine translation or a 4kids tier riceball to donut translation which would you prefer?
I know you want neither, but for the sake of argument pick one.

Literal translation or rewritten translation?
>>
>abominous
>making up words is bad writing

Shakespeare made up loads of words as well. I guess all his works are trash.
>>
>>375806527
This. As a non traditional english speaker, it didnt matter much. Americans overblowing their ego again I see.
>>
>>375806314
Arguments exist with purpose.
>>
>look up Abominous
>its an actual word
>implying you cant make up words anyway, its all about consensus

T. Writer
>>
>>375806189
Listen kid, he was just saying that you can't ignore arguments and facts just because you don't like you who is saying that. He can be a mass muder and still be right, it's just fucking common sense that you dishonest shitposters completely lack.
You will probably never get it, but it's this mindset that makes this place a stinking shithole.

>>375806453
No, you can say that the motivation for doing that is suspect at best, but nobody should fucking care about his motivation, it's a board about videogame, not about people you don't like.
>>
File: Persona 5 localization team.jpg (85KB, 347x411px) Image search: [Google]
Persona 5 localization team.jpg
85KB, 347x411px
>>
>>375806527
There's small errors where either a useless word is added or the correct word is not used.

The kind of mistakes that I make all the time when I don't read over what I type.
>>
>>375806538
>le only my (((biased))) truth matters
Nigger what games do you think we're playing here?
>>
File: 1492620727285.gif (745KB, 382x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492620727285.gif
745KB, 382x450px
>>375806651
>Look up "Wassup Persona?!"
>It's not a word
>A character still said it somehow
>>
>>375806615
Literal, because I can actually convey meaning out of words even if they're not perfect. The problem is when things are rewritten to be "correct" and change the concept entirely because they hire morons or people with an agenda.
>>
>>375806252
>Like seriously, are you the author of the site?
No, I'm on Discord channel with him so I got to ask him about problems he and other people had with the script.
>Because 4chan is usually pretty anal about the quality of translations.
The fuck you are. I've worked on games and visual novels with some really shitty translators who we had to use due to lack of staff, and their shit was made readable afterwards by editing. Nobody batted an at totally incorrect translations, it's only when something is edited badly or obviously incorrect that people make noise about it.

For the record, I disagree with his view that Fates had a good localization. The style that team went with just doesn't fit the tone of the series, sometimes it's fine for script to be a bit dry and dull, instead of wacky at every point.
But it's also true that compared to Persona 5, the translation had much less errors, but some really shit changes in localization.
>>
>obviously important news reports in cutscenes aren't subtitled

Defend this
>>
>>375806651
There's plenty of words you can make up that you and reader will fully understand.

Probably why I never picked up on anything in the game's translation.
>>
>>375806713
This. Doubly so when they translate a bikini into a burka.
>>
>>375806612
I don't see the problem then?
>>
>>375806740
Now this is something that is a sure miss.
>>
>>375806740
I had my speakers up, so I had no issue hearing them. I always prefer to have subtitles everywhere just in case though.
>>
>>375806615
remove kek and is good2go
>>
>>375806615
Literal translation. Every time.
I don't want to be spending all my time second guessing if the translation is actually true or if it's some fanfiction the localisation team is making up.
>>
>>375805983
>>375806020
>>375806403
>>375805786
>>375806538
>>375806658
>gets btfo in every reply
>resorts to calling everyone a kid
>no argument
>fucks giraffes
I don't even play P5 but seeing this faggot crumble makes the thread worth it. I can almost hear his heart rate at this point.
>>
>>375806808
If you're fine with that level of translation, none of this has any importance to you. Vote with your wallet and recommend the game to friends. As simple as that. Meanwhile, people who made personaproblems.com can go die in a ditch regardless, which is my point.
>>
>>375806612
DUAL LANGUAGE
U
A
L

L
A
N
G
U
A
G
E
>>
File: file.png (246KB, 573x228px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
246KB, 573x228px
>>375803592
>There's rarely a place (home/school) that'll accept someone like you (a convicted criminal), you know.

There are actual English speaking retards who think this is gibberish. Just kill me now.
>>
>>375806872
>OMG WE WIN GUYS WOW WE SURE SHOWED HIM!
Just go internalize the concept of arguing against the point, not the person. Explicit argeement can not be asked from teenagers like you.
>>
>>375806726
>and visual novels
There's everything you need to know. Visual novels are niche titles, and the playerbase is used to making compromises. Not to mention that its full of fan translations and fan translations are usually full of themselves.
Meanwhile P5 is a AAA PS4 exclusive.

If you really can't wrap your head around the difference here, and why /v/ is flinging shit at some games while being relatively calm with others, then you're beyond saving.
>>
File: f34.png (90KB, 203x249px) Image search: [Google]
f34.png
90KB, 203x249px
>>375803592

>Made by the same retards that praise Fire Emblem
>Made by the same people whose only translation job was for shitty hentai games
>Made by dumbshits like pic related
>Made by clique dumbshits that act like they know shit about Japanese culture, when they fucking don't
>Made by dumbshits that don't under stand that the use of "Kek" is entirely accurate from the original Japanese and isn't just a meme like "LE PICKLES"

I want these pretender faggots to fuck off.
>>
>>375806615
Creative interpretations are a necessary part of translation though.
People laugh at the donut thing but it made sense, they had to make a show American children could easily understand.
Americans aren't familiar with balls of rice so if they saw one in a show it would alienate and confuse them.
You only want literal translations because you spend too much time engaging with foreign culture and entertaining unusual ideas.
>>
>>375806825
I could hear them just fine, but i can't understand japanese. If you delay the game several months thanks to the dub you should at least take the effort to make both playable
>>
File: to.png (266KB, 540x547px) Image search: [Google]
to.png
266KB, 540x547px
>>375806984
>teenagers
>>
>>375806740
This was a genuine problem with Persona 5. It annoys me that so many people are focusing on relatively unimportant lines of dialogue compared to this glaring fault.
>>
>>375806956
I honestly can't see anything grammatically incorrect with Sojiro's sentence there.

Do commas confuse people or something?
>>
Allow me to lol at EOPs.

lol EOPs

Why are you still one?
>>
>>375807006
Here comes another child. Here we go.

Their faggotry, whichever it may be, is irrelevant to the facts. Argue with the facts, junior.
>>
>>375804809

If you had followed this entire debacle whatsoever, you'd know exactly why Fire Emblem is connected.

Persona 5 isn't even badly translated you fucking transparent assfuck.

Go suck off your Twitter hipster buddies.
>>
>>375806991
Actually, the visual novel fan translation scene is pretty much agonizing.

>playerbase is used to making compromises

What did you mean by this?
>>
>>375807075
The line was actually about a call from the director.
>>
>>375806991
/v/ isnt one person, asshat
>>
>>375807084

Fuck off Batteryman.
>>
The problem we have right now is that you pretty much have two polar opposites in localization scene.
On one hand you have companies like Atlus and NISA who pick their translators straight from high-school or college and don't give a shit about them not producing script that's entirely error free, but they also don't think it's worth it to alter content, unless it's obviously out there, such as with Criminal Girls. And with those cases removed content is much easier thing for audience to notice than shitty script.
On the other hand you have companies like Nintendo that have traditionally taken pride in very error-free localizations, but with also tendency to change content either to suit audiences, to make script more colorful or just to suit translators tastes. And again, obvious changes can be noticed easier than good work put into script localization.
So obviously you'll have people picking sides. It's a fucking shit situation.
>>
>>375806956
I have been trying to figure out whats wrong with this one too. Its perfectly understandable.
>>
>>375807119
>If you had followed this entire debacle whatsoever
Why in the world of fuck would I? I'm not a tumblerina drama queen like you. All I'm interested is whether my overpriced weebshit has a professional translation.
>>
>>375806956
>>375803592
Yeah I'm readiing those things and they are okay. Some of them like the "in hiding in your hometown" stumble a bit in my head, but nothing serious really. And not too different from authors using certain syntax in their books, to create that effect deliberately(not that this happened here, but it reminds me of it.) Especially the sentences on the left are all fine.
>>
>>375807184
No, you don't get it. Someone supported Nintendo and said something bad about Atlus. Burn them at the stake. Your logic should go fuck itself when major emotions are at work.
>>
>>375807081
>EOP
Allow me to lol at americans and brits having such a shit education that this is even a thing.
Also, if you seriously learn a language just to play anime games and watch anime, then you're a beta faggot.
>>
File: 1493317396094.png (1MB, 622x1311px) Image search: [Google]
1493317396094.png
1MB, 622x1311px
>>375807084

The facts are that there are few awkwardly translated titles in a game with miles and miles of text, and there are mongoloid with vested interest in making a bigger stink out of this than is warranted.

Fuck you.
>>
>>375807084
>child
>junior
>>375807139
Exactly the point of the post you retard
>>
>>375807189
yeah, but its very apparent that twitter is the one that sucks your cocks here, and you cant survive without it
>>
>>375806740

this, havent seen anyone moan about this

everyones triggered over some useless bits
>>
File: puresex.jpg (186KB, 1315x883px) Image search: [Google]
puresex.jpg
186KB, 1315x883px
>>375807315
Well, why do you focus on said mongoloids and their inconsequential history commenting on Nintendo or soemthing much more than arguing with their supposedly wrong actual points?

Answer: because you're stupid and ignorant.
>>
>>375807189
So you don't actually know shit about why this is a non-problem?

>All I'm interested is whether my overpriced weebshit has a professional translation

God damn, I know I already called you transparent, but at this point you are fucking glass.
>>
>>375806872
>gets btfo in every reply
You mean like literally saying that you don't care about arguments and facts as long as you don't like the person? Truly BTFO OMFG BRO SMFF

>resorts to calling everyone a kid
You clearly are.
>fucks giraffes
see?

>I don't even play P5
Really surprising, it wasn't clear that you don't care about the game, not at all.

> this faggot
>he didn't get that 2 different posters replied to his embarrassing idiocy.
Seriously kid? You try to save face that hard but you didn't even understand that?
>>
>>375807283
Allow me to lol at you for not realizing that in the currect context (English discussion about a Japanese game) EOP means anyone who doesn't know Japanese.

Yeah, I know this might make you unhappy, but that's just how the term is used. You knowing some shitty language like Spanish etc. changes nothing about you being an EOP.

Also allow me to lol at you, cause it's pretty clear you tried to learn Japanese and failed.
>>
>translated 100+ hour game with so much fucking that reading makes up half the playtime
>throwing a shitfit over a few awkward lines
The guys making a big deal about this are independent translators who work on hour-long hentai VNs right?
I'd love to see them do a better job of translating the entire game with a deadline.
>>
>>375807084
No one's arguing with your facts! That's the hilarious thing, it's universally agreed that there are 10 lines in the game that sound weird.

We're just laughing at you for devoting a whole website to it and trying to astroturf some weird backlash campaign while taking potshots at people complaining about much bigger localization shitshows
>>
>>
>>375806991
Due to how niche they are, visual novels are often picked apart by fans for all the errors they might have. This is also helped by scripts being easily extractable, since localized versions use same engines as originals, and audience has had hacking tools for those for years.
But like you said, official VN translators are often former fan-TLs, and they still hang out on 4chan sometimes. That might have something to do with this, since people picking apart VN translations actually have official outlet to direct their frustrations towards, since these are niche as fuck.
Meanwhile localization teams of console releases often won't react to people complaining about localization, so people might think it's not worth effort to bother, since they will not be noticed anyway.
>Meanwhile P5 is a AAA PS4 exclusive.
It really isn't.
>>
>it's okay that some of the sentences are pure gibberish because the sentence structure is all over the place, the script is long!
>>
>The arguments matter, not the person saying it!
>proceed to dismiss every single naysayers that didnt agree with his biased "facts" as children
shiggy diggy
>>
>>375807449
No one's arguing with you because no one disagrees with your points. You're just being annoying by spamming your site over and over again when it's pretty clear that the issues aren't big enough to really bother anyone.
>>
>>375805718
Dude, chill the fuck out. It doesn't even matter.
Like what do you even want out of this?
Don't like it? Don't buy Atlus anymore and please for the love of god, stop whining about it.
>>
File: yrty.png (42KB, 627x393px) Image search: [Google]
yrty.png
42KB, 627x393px
>BOY I LOVE PICKLES, PICKLES PICKLES PICKLES.

Yes, I also love the localization™ of such classics as LoZ:Triforce Heroes and Fire Emblem Awakening.

"..." is so fucking faithful, god damn.

EAT YOUR HAMBURGERS APOLLO XXDDDD
>>
>>375807765
>Fire Emblem Awakening

I meant Fates :^(
>>
>>375807603
I didn't have any problems understanding anything in the game, and most people shouldn't because your brain automatically fills in the awkward gaps while skimming over the text.
It's probably the single most unimportant issue in the entire game.
>>
>>375807603
The added words or missing commas didn't cause me to have any issue with reading the translation.

I guess I'm a skim reader and can understand a full sentence by reading key words and conjunction.
>>
>Please take care of me

Have you ever actually uttered these words at someone?
>>
>>375807898
I said it to your mom last night.
>>
>>375807898
I might have
>>
>>375807898
I do actually. Try going out for once, will you.
>>
>>375807603
But none of the sentences are "pure gibberish". We can tell what the intended meaning is. There are teenagers on youtube that are blazing through this game without any hangups.

What does that say about you?
>>
>>375807741
>you can only discuss POSITIVE THINGS ON THIS BOARD :(

sasuga anon
>>
>my 12 year old german niece can understand the game perfectly
>native english speakers have a problem
???
>>
You people keep bringing up this guy defending FE: Fates. When did that happen?
>>
>>375806740
This is the worst thing in the tranlsation if you are playing the JP dub. During a certain super important cutscene there is just a news story playing and you can't understand the context for why the characters are reacting the way they are. I mean it can be easy to figure it out with what's happening around it but I shouldn't have to be guessing plot points in a cutscene because I chose one language over the other.
>>
>>375807898
>"It seems that we've unlocked another layer of Mementos"

Have you ever actually uttered these words at someone?
>>
>>375807953
Some people can only read by comprehending every word and where they're placed in a sentence.

More experienced readers can skim and not miss a thing.
>>
we might as well let commie translate the script at this point.
>>
>>375808056
Good job missing the point.

>>375807991
It's not a matter of not understanding the sentences.
>>
>>375808073
who?
>>
File: mmmm.jpg (280KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mmmm.jpg
280KB, 1920x1080px
>>375807702
>No one's arguing with you because no one disagrees with your points.
Good.
>>
>>375808056
I have, without "nto" part.
>>
>>375807630
>The arguments doesn't matter, only the person saying it!
>that doesn't make sense, stop acting like a kid.
>DON'T CALL ME KID YOU SAID THAT THE PERSON DOESN'T MATTER.
You are right, truly a masterful checkmate, you whiny kid. And the other anon tried to properly talk with you before you went in full shitposter mode, while I already knew that people like you are hopeless.
>>
>>375808114
so i guess when you can understand whats going on everything is okay and the original authors work is not fucked with because some faggot american thinks its offensive
>>
>>375807991
English is not hard to understand, it's just awkward and badly edited, all of which clearly stems from a basic translation deficiency: literal translation, i.e. the lowest for of textual interpretation.
>>
>>375808114
It is tho. Thats what words are for.
>>
>>375807975
The power word you used was "discuss"
OP is being a little bitch about it and spams this shit all over the place.
>>
They machine translated because you twits wouldn't shut up about "muh purity".

Japanese is an abomination of a language if written literally.
>>
>>375807630
You are kid so what you say is wrong =/= what you are saying is so fucking stupid that you must be a kid. Now, answer me, is such a concept really that hard?
>>
>REEEEEEEEEEEE AMERICAMS DONT TALK THAT WAY WHY WOULD THEY TRANSLATE IT LIKE HOW IT WAS WRITTEN IN JAPANESE WHERE ARE MY MEMES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The translation is fine. They speak like Japanese is structured because it takes place in fucking Japan. It's very literal and there's nothing wrong with that. It may not be what you prefer translations to be, but all of this fucking outrageous fake controversy is so incredible.
>>
>>375808150
>the other anon
You mean like yourself pretending to talk as different people? Sure then.'

But still, the name calling and giraffe fucking all comes from you, so dont call me out on that,buddy-o
>>
these issues are so fucking mundane, especially on social media

retards making this a anti-sjw/sjw issue, how retarded can you be

Im seeing people with no interest in these games jumping in on the shitfest cause they feel it's their duty to fight this little culture war
>>
Y'know what's funny?
Watching all the game journalists shit on Persona 5's localization choices, even though the very same journalists fell over themselves to defend fucking trash localizations like Fire Emblem Fates.
>>
File: C98J-6AUwAAHKPU.jpg large.jpg (140KB, 615x1339px) Image search: [Google]
C98J-6AUwAAHKPU.jpg large.jpg
140KB, 615x1339px
>>375808019
>>
>>375808438
It's even funnier when they didn't mention anything about it on their 9-10s reviews
>>
>tfw no femc
>>
>>375808396
>The translation is fine. They speak like Japanese is structured because it takes place in fucking Japan.
You're not going to translate Spanish or Russian literature using their sentence structure, get fucking real.
Only time people bring this argument is with Japanese, because they have gotten used to literal anime-Japanese that shit fansubbers use.
>>
>>375808473
He definitely has some kind of agenda. What's he salty about?
>>
File: 1459450856831.jpg (14KB, 225x234px) Image search: [Google]
1459450856831.jpg
14KB, 225x234px
>>375808473
>this equates to "defending FE's localization" according to /v/

Astonishing deductive skills around these parts
>>
>>375804645
my
nigger
By the way, it was translated by the jap developers themselves. It's a shame the ending feels so fucking rushed, too.
>>
>>375808473
He's not defending the translation choices though. Later on he has gone to say that changes in the localization were made in poor taste.
>>
>>375803592
That spoiler shield isn't protecting anything worth protecting.
>>
>>375808417
The thing is, theres basically not enough fuels from the gaming industry to keep gaming media occupied. So, they ends up making and blowing things out of their respective proportion just to keep things going. I guess its a problem with all modern media.
>>
>>375808619
Oh come on, just use "I" instead of "he" already. We may all be anonymous, but we aint braindead.
>>
They even have Sojiro say the word prolly at one point
>>
>>375808784
Given how paranoid some of you are I have to honestly believe you are braindead.
>>
>>375808682

yep, fake outrage is pathetic and all it's rampant now days

all you need is one screencap on twitter to virtue signal off and youre golden
>>
>>375808865
Again with the namecalling? Whats with that "arguments-matter-not-the-person" schtick you've been shoving up in our asses? Now that you can actively benefit from insulting someone, you change your mind? What a fucking hypocrite
>>
>>375808784
If you can't fucking believe that I'm just somebody who knows him and agrees with some of his points, I don't know what to tell to you.
>>
>>375808538
Of course you wouldn't because if you used their sentence structure, which is not what I said by the way, everyone would talk like fucking Yoda and sentences would literally not make any sense at all. You can do very literal translations of those languages however and that is still fine. Persona 5 doesn't even use "anime" translations, it's just literal as fuck, and fact of the matter is the more flavor text you add and the more you try to retrofit language from a region the game was not written in, the less faithful you are being to the original work with varying degrees of fucking with original intent. Overly literal translations have the goal of keeping the intent as in tact as possible and that's fine. You'd have to be a massive faggot to act like the translation is unreadable because they don't speak in the most casual simplest English you'd hear in day to day conversation.
>>
OP just reminded me of how many times "to think" is used to start a sentence, and I've only see the opening few hours of the English release. That's like the most boiler-plate translation bad fansubbers use for a specific Japanese ending particle or phrase or whatever (とは).
>>
>>375808582
It was in response to people complaining about the FE localization. He literally told them to learn japanese if they wanted something better

Then writes pages sperging about a couple of bad lines in Persona 5 because they didn't fulfill his college dream of letting him work for Atlus
>>
>>375809013
Nobody is going to take a giraffe fucker seriously, buddy-o, I thought you might know that, buddy-o
>>
>>375803592
Is all of this really just a effort to portfolio bait and to protect western egos?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPwmGR5Zl7M
>>
>>375809013
We all agree with his points. You're the only one that doesn't think he's being an autist about it though.

>"HEY There's a couple of wonky lines in Persona 5!"
>"Hey yeah I noticed that too. Good thing it was only a couple, stellar game overall!"
>"BUT THERE STILL THERE!"
>"Yeah we saw them. It'd be nice if they were better but it doesn't ruin anything. Aren't there bigger translation fuckups to worry about?"
>"HOW CAN YOU SAY IT'S OKAY!? REEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>375808682
and that has becomes a tool to compete with rival media. so some news sites most willingly incite inflammatory/controversial topics to make an original article.
>>
>>375803592
They got lazy and used standard machine translations for a few lines. They're a little jarring when they pop up, and a very small number of them result in completely meaningless sentences, but it's hardly enough to ruin the game. I just beat the fourth palace, and nothing is going to stop me from playing this game, especially a few weird translations.
>>
>>375803708
So because one guy pointing out the problems also defends Nintendo, that means Persona doesn't have problems? You do realize it's ok to criticize a thing you like, right? Saying a game has a weird translation doesn't have to also mean you hate the game.
>>
Am I supposed to take a site run by Anthony Burch seriously?
>>
>>375803592
Why is the clique scum so butthurt about p5 translation? I mean Burch et al.
>>
File: 1490999387499.jpg (164KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490999387499.jpg
164KB, 600x600px
>>375808550
The kid is mostly likely self taught himself japanese and has a fansubber tier experience in the matter at best, but no one like Treehouse, or Xseed is will hire him because why would they? Instead, Polygon and Kotaku so desperate for a hit piece and lack a authority in nihongo speak, turned to guys like connor, who in turn probably hope to stay as gamejourno retainers for future hit pieces for other japanese games.
>>
>>375809585
No one's disagreeing about Persona's problems dude. We just think you're being weird and persistent by constantly posting about something really minor, and the fact that he defended shit translations in the past puts into question whether or not that's the thing he really cares about
>>
Right now there's lots of assumptions and accusations going on. Would you guys be interested in actual Q&A with the guy who made the site, or would you rather not waste time with shit like that?
>>
File: Untitled1.png (35KB, 627x486px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled1.png
35KB, 627x486px
>>375807765
>>
>>375803806
If an actual copy of War and Peace doesn't have typos and errors, then why is it ok for a translation to have typos and errors?
>>
File: bbryeb.png (4KB, 471x29px) Image search: [Google]
bbryeb.png
4KB, 471x29px
>[Hearty laugh]
>>
>>375809840
We already know how butthurt you are over west losing it's gatekeeping grip on japanese games, you don't need to tell us that
>>
File: 227711-HAWPSlutz-Header.jpg (39KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
227711-HAWPSlutz-Header.jpg
39KB, 620x349px
Fuck off cuckboy. You don't understand the Japanese language or it's culture one bit.
>>
>>375809990
imagine all the memes if P5 was translated by him
>>
>>375807119
>Persona 5 isn't even badly translated
Dude, your fanboyism has blinded you, it seems. Persona 5's translation is fine for the most part, but how can you look at some of the examples given and just go "nope, nothing wrong here, this is all perfect English". Did you fail your English classes multiple times?
>>
File: 1493182755551.png (182KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
1493182755551.png
182KB, 356x356px
>>375809840

Please, by all means, do hold a Q&A.
>>
>>375808231
There's a difference between "I can understand this sentence" and "this is how humans actually talk". One is far more natural than the other.
>>
File: jiOdGA3.png (878KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
jiOdGA3.png
878KB, 1280x800px
>>375804009
I like this post.
>>
>>375810032
This has nothing to do with fanboyism.

"Badly translated" doesn't mean flawless, you obtuse asswipe.

If you think it's badly translated, instead of certain lines being badly translated, you are out of your mind.
>>
>>375810160

>"Badly translated" doesn't mean flawless
Meant to say
>"Not badly translated" doesn't mean flawless
>>
>>375803676
Reminder that there were people who said FF7 was unplayable because of the 'This guy are sick' line
>>
Where was this kind of campaign for FE: Fates?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2yae3KFWr4
>>
File: 1493238085921.png (195KB, 500x546px) Image search: [Google]
1493238085921.png
195KB, 500x546px
Is this one of those Persona 5 threads that I've heard so much about?
Can I post Haru?
>>
>>375810236
only we get to decide which type of translation is right you shitlord
>>
>>375806919
Lol personaproblems sounds like shit a fuckin millenial would say in public and smack a goddamned hastag on their shitty twitter feed.
>>
Weebs are so weird. You know just because a game came from GLORIOUS NIPPON it doesn't mean then English translation should be a jumbled mess of actual human translations and clunky shit pulled from Google translate, right? Why not hold Atlus to a higher standard? They're a great developer, and you know they can do better than this, so why just ignore the issues?
>>
>>375804009
The guy who helped with the translations on the site literally works for a company that translate chinese cartoon porn games, though
>>
>>375809025
But it's not wrong, is it?
>>
>>375809840
How about you fuck off and die knowing in the end you'll never get hired no matter how hard you try to push this? Sound okay. connor?
>>
File: hu.png (5KB, 577x47px) Image search: [Google]
hu.png
5KB, 577x47px
>>375809841
>>375807765

Who made this fucker a translation guru?

Accurate translations are better than the shitty LOCALisation these cumsharks propose.

Are a few lines in P5 weird? YES, WE ALL FUCKING AGREE ON THIS.
Is it consistently INACCURATE however? No, fuck off.
>>
>>375810371
It's not wrong, but it's also not how people actually speak.

This seems to be what a large portion of /v/ doesn't realize about localization. Localization does not mean "insert memes everywhere", despite what NoA does, it means "take a translation and make it sound like something people would actually say". That's all.
>>
>>375808841
that bothered me so bad. they want to overuse prolly, fine, they're teenagers. but then they make sojiro and iwai say it, and I fucking cringe every time.
>>
>>375810421
Good translators can read BEYOND the words and comprehend the souls of the original authors, you just don't get it.
It's about feeling what they meant to say and translating that.
Not translating what they actually said.
>>
>>375809983
Do you seriously wonder why people are doing this shit on Reddit rather than here? Sure, echochamber and asspats from the upvote system are shit, but anybody would rather deal with that than not getting any worthwhile questions due to people not being ready to set aside their pre-conceptions for sake of some productivity and answers.
>>375810082
If you only want it so you can call him cuck or whatever instead of having actual discussion, it's not going to be worth the effort.

...I get that it's hard to believe that I'm not the dude who made that site, but seriously. I've been coming here for like ten years, and after getting job in localization I've been trying to push for interaction between translators and audiences more.
But since this is the kind of unanimous response that any kind of dissenting opinions get, it's kinda hard to interest anybody into coming here.
>>
>>375803708
>only bad when Nintendo does it
Typical /v/.
>>
>>375810601
you're kinda new aren't you?
>>
File: file.png (23KB, 650x351px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
23KB, 650x351px
>>375810421
Are you retarded or is it that hard to realize that there's a middle point between machine translation and rewrites? Also, can you hypocrites stop ignoring this part?
>>
>>375810656
Nope, been here since 2008, sadly. /v/ has always had a bias against Nintendo, and this thread is just one of millions that prove it.
>>
>Kamoshida was a scum

That has nothing to do with literal translation it's just wrong.
Literal translation is fine, being wrong is bad. Especially at full retail price after delays specifically to improve the quality of the translation.
>>
>>375810569
oh nice, we could ask Connor how much Ubisoft or Polygon paid him, and his favorite meme in FE: Fates! Totally worth it!
>>
>>375803658
Fpbp, fucking weeaboos.
>>
>>375810521
The problem is tha "translators" who say that usually use that excuse to completely rape the "soul" and replace it with whatever they prefer.
>>
File: 1493323210570.jpg (12KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
1493323210570.jpg
12KB, 250x237px
>>375810569

How about you stop assuming shit, and help arrange the Q&A instead?

You want a discussion? A dialog? Fucking start.
Hold it on reddit for all I care -- you think Anons on /v/ only browse /v/?

Anthony Burch is a cuck no matter if he wants a discussion or not. This shit is known, and needs not be spoken.

>But since this is the kind of unanimous response that any kind of dissenting opinions get

It's getting responses. It's """"unanimous""""" because the majority of people in this thread agree it's blown way out of proportion as a problem.
>>
Does translation really matter?
>>
File: images-16.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images-16.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
>>375810029
>badass
>>
File: 2017-04-23_16-35-44.png (88KB, 627x782px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-23_16-35-44.png
88KB, 627x782px
>>375803708
Sure
>>
>>375810687

>Accurate translations are better than localisations

>HURR DURR MACHINE TRANSLATIONS, MIDDLE POINT REWRITES

No one in this thread wants rewrites. Translation with minimal syntax change is all that's necessary.

What is it you don't fucking understand?

Please fuck off Connor.
>>
>>375803592
meh, faggotry...
>>
>>375811090
Okay, guess you're retarded. after all.
>>
>>375810948
Op likes to shill his stupid twitter-website-bullshit.
>>
>>375811132

Nice response cumjuggler, please say hi to your sex-daddy for me.
>>
>>375810687
The problem with machine translations are different. A machine won't take a problematic story and translate it as something softer and more palatable for a wider audience.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW7orxv7_No
>>
>>375803658
fpbp
>>
>>375810569

So, when's the Q&A?
Which subreddit?

Come on smartass, indulge us.
Promise we'll behave.
>>
>>375811306
Why is everybody calling Persona 5 triple-A? Are they idiots?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (359KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
359KB, 1920x1080px
>>375810029
Futaba would literally be Tiny Tina
>>
>>375810916
>>375811353
Alright, I'm asking if he wants to do one. Will let you know if it'll happen, this isn't the kind thing you set up in a minute.
>>
>>375811417
Persona isn't exactly a niche indie title and too much was invested to be considered a AA title, but certainly less money was put into it than most AAA western titles.
>>
>>375811574

Is it fair to say Persona 5 is a middle-market game?
>>
>>375811574
I dunno, it still feels like fairly medium-scale production. Everything aside from primary content is obviously made from assets that were completed for main segments.
The animations are way less detailed in social links, and the scenes are not voiced, save for the intro and conclusion. This is very similar to what is done with Yakuza's side quests.
>>
>>375811524
No one cares, why are you so hellbent on defending some VN translator from being mocked on 4chan?
>>
>>375810029
>Ryuji speaks in near niggerspeak
>Anne becomes a feminist and dominatrix is an empowering aspect of her
>Yusuke is implied to be gay, as the translator suddenly picks up "homosexual undetones" in his japanese texts and wants to embrace it.
>Futaba is autistic and now stutters in some dialogues
>Makoto werent fucked in the ass
>Goro sneakily quotes Trump on their interpretation of his intentions.

Connor probably would do one or two pointers here. Im not surprised.
>>
>>375803592
BAWWW WHY IS JAPANESE GAME SET IN JAPAN IS FILLED WITH JAPANESE REFERENCE

GIVE ME JELLY DONUT AND BLACKFACE REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>375811859
Persona 5 was made on a fraction of the budget that Mass Effect Andromeda was made on, and it still took 7 years or however long
>>
File: 1492989273516.png (332KB, 832x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492989273516.png
332KB, 832x1200px
>>375811960
I can imagine them having Shido go "MAKE JAPAN GREAT AGAIN!"
>>
>>375811946
Because I feel that getting to actually voice your problems to person in question and getting answers to them would benefit both sides, rather than this whole fucking thing turning into echochamber.
And having something like this go well is good case to use as example when asking if other translators would like to encage with 4chan, like Rance or Grisaia teams.
>>
File: 71750_front.jpg (54KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
71750_front.jpg
54KB, 500x448px
>>375804645
That's nothing, play this. Whoever translated this didn't even have a basic knowledge of english
>>
File: 1488046110733.png (186KB, 626x689px) Image search: [Google]
1488046110733.png
186KB, 626x689px
>>375803592
You know what, Connor Krammer? It is okay when ATLUS does it? Now what are you going to do, bitch? Make another website? Bark for Ubisoft and all the other western egos like the useless dog you are? Neck yourself.
>>
>>375812029
Big part of that was Index being bankrupt and Atlus being bought by Sega. You really can't publish a big console game when it's not sure if your studio is even going to be alive next month.
>>
>>375811960
>Goro: LET ME GRAB THAT PUSSY!
>>
>>375812163
/v/ is already an insufferable echochamber, you will not achieve anything
>>
>>375804809
>What in the world of fuck does one have to do with another?

a guy defending the mess of FE Fates (where a conversation was literally turned into back and forth "...") is calling P5's translation bad
>>
>>375812489
See >>375811043
>>
>>375812163
Just go suck your gay friends tiny dick and keep shilling his shit translations. No one wants a more western translation since it turns into cucks like you and the guy you shill for making terrible changes and "rawr in dragon means I love you" and other terrible dialogue and censorship that you and your bull so strongly defended.
>>
File: 1333320486484.png (367KB, 757x564px) Image search: [Google]
1333320486484.png
367KB, 757x564px
>>375812163
The faggot you're defending to your death cares about nothing but making himself into this authority of japanese translations so other people will hire him to do more hit jobs so he can get work without the experience or effort. He's not going to change his mind anymore than changing ours.

He hasn't put effort into this website to say "maybe I'm wrong"
>>
>>375812609
see my dick in your ass.
>>
>>375812609
I see no difference. He refuses to put P5 into the same thought principle he put FE because it would disrupt his bias.
>>
>>375811960
Is that what >>375810521 meant as the REAL SOUL that can be heard only by the most sensitive "translators"?
>>
>>375812758
No I see what he means.

When a player reads "Kamoshida is a scum." it sounds a bit off and becomes impossible to understand.

When a player reads
"........"
"........"
"........"
They can still pick up on the original authors intent because the meaning was effectively translated.
>>
>>375812898
i know you think you're being hilarious, but you're not
>>
>>375812163
We have nothing to gain from having Connor pester us about the same dozen wonky lines. Everything to be said has been said on his website and we're just mocking him and you for spamming it again you fucking weirdo

Likewise you have nothing to gain from bugging us besides trying to build your precious astroturf campaign because you're still boiling rage that you didn't get to work on Persona 5.

please fuck off and die
>>
>>375812898
You're literally retarded if you read those tweets as pro FE.
>>
>>375808438
This, all the way.
>>
>>375812898
It's easy to understand "Kamoshida is a scum" It's just that the writer couldn't decide between "is scum" or "is a scumbag". Both mean the same thing though.

It's shit tier English regardless.
>>
>>375812765
It might be. Just replace all of those japanese terms and understanding and thought process with the statesides ones and walla, you get yourself the TRUE SOUL of Persona 5.

Might as well change the location to California and Anne into half french for that matter. As long as the "theme" of the game stays the same, its all good. I mean, the theme which we also rewrite to fill our agenda.
>>
>>375812949
How do you know what I think?
Are you a translator?
>>
>Being such of an ESL that he can't understand barely passable english
whodathunk
>>
File: 2011.png (170KB, 345x334px) Image search: [Google]
2011.png
170KB, 345x334px
>>375813017
>>
>>375813017
kek
Might as well give it up mate, Mr. Translator here already read your life ahead of you gtom your 11 words posts with his super meaning deduction skill.
>>
>>375812986
He's bending over backwards to avoid calling FE a hatchet job. "that's more of a philisophy thing". It's utterly bizzare that he has that much vitriol over P5 when FE obfuscates and gets much more of it wrong

Maybe if he made a website about FE he would rally more support because clearly more people noticed the problems in that title
>>
File: 129411944025.jpg (158KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
129411944025.jpg
158KB, 600x600px
>>375803592
>Atlus make shitty translations
Hold the fucking phone, next you're gonna tell me that NISA censor their games and XSEED are actually really liberal!
>>
>>375813259
It is a "philosophy thing" Nintendo clearly chose to butcher the original intent but still delivered a professional product as far as any ignorant casual is concerned. Don't read that as a defence of Fates either, all it's saying is while it's not a good translation it was clearly intentional.

They're not equivalent unless you're somehow arguing that ATLUS intentionally decided to put in stupid grammatical goofs as a design choice.
>>
File: sanic.jpg (148KB, 900x654px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
148KB, 900x654px
>>375812986
>>375813259
It's hilarious to me how Connor just won't hold FE: Fates to the same myopic standards that he has for Persona 5. Most likely to not burn bridges with Nintendo Treehouse in a attempt to get a job. He serves his Ubisoft masters, well.
>>
>>375807130
No it isn't, idiot. The line about the director isn't even in the image, because the guy who made the image is retarded or something.
>>
>>375813676
>muh intentionally bad rewrites
Truly we have been blessed by an appearance of a translator in this thread. Give it up all for Connor Krammer, translator extraordinaire that can pierce the boundary of word and deliver the meaning of the soul!
>>
File: Sfvb6tv.jpg (7KB, 255x174px) Image search: [Google]
Sfvb6tv.jpg
7KB, 255x174px
>>375813676
>Nintendo clearly chose to butcher the original intent
We have purposely translated it wrong, as a joke.
>>
>>375814046
Are you so mindbroken by fansub tier translations and rice balls to donuts that you can't see in anything but black and white? I even called Fates shit in the fucking post and you manage to misconstrue it as a defense.
>>
>>375814046
Hey man, you better watch what you say. Our boy Connor here can take your statements and translate them into something that truly encompasses the ideas that you want to put forth, namely how utterly abominous the translation of P5 is and how tolerable FE:Fates' is.
>>
>game set in Japan
>In Japanese high school
>In fucking actual Tokyo
>The questions they ask you in school are usually relevant to current events in game
>Rught around the time the Shoginplayer confidant opens up you get asked a question about Shogi

DUDE WHAT THE FUCK HOW THE FUCK IS ANYONE SUPPOSED TO ONOW THAT SHIT FUCKING ATLUS PANDERING TO WEABOOS WHY DIDNT THEY MAKE THIS QUESTION ABOUT INTERNET MEMES LIKE NOA WOULD HAVE?
>>
File: persona5_2049943.jpg (89KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
persona5_2049943.jpg
89KB, 1024x576px
Oh shit, /v/, Atlus finally realizes the errors in their code deciphering ways and would rather leave the business to some freelancers!
Help Connor over here translates MC's dialgoue in a way that it would be universally understanded and would bring peace to all mankind! Remember, only the theme, the soul of the conversations, matters!
>>
File: 1487406487804.jpg (3MB, 3139x3600px) Image search: [Google]
1487406487804.jpg
3MB, 3139x3600px
>>375814182
Nobody is saying it is black or white. They are saying Fates got fucked by the translation.
It isn't an example of your desirable grey.
>>
>>375814380
>They are saying Fates got fucked by the translation.
I know, if you bothered to read my post instead of sperging out you'd know I agreed with that.
>>
>>375803592
Better than treehouse wholesale slaughter.

Do people not miss the days of this guy are sick?
>>
File: soul.jpg (99KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
soul.jpg
99KB, 1024x576px
>>375814367
Did I do it right?
>>
File: 1492571710456.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492571710456.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
>>375814182
I will upload a webm of myself eating my own shit and publicly masturbating on a subway climaxing on strangers in a Jack Frost cosplay the day when Connor puts the same effort into FE: Fates as he seems hellbent on Persona 5.

I made this promise because that's how sure I am he won't. For whatever reason he just can't say Nintendo Treehouse fucked up, most likely he hopes to work there and will never speak ill of FE: Fates which tells me everything Connor Krammer is all about.
>>
>>375814657
And just because it doesn't have many grammatical errors does not make up for that fact.
>>
>>375803592
At least I know that when I can emulate it on RPCS3 there will be a proper fan patch that fixes the game.

Thanks for beta testing bros.
>>
File: 1493568983963.png (234KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
1493568983963.png
234KB, 872x632px
>>375814657
okay but in the mean time you're asking us to listen to a guy autistically screeching about P5's bicycle accident, but ignores the Nintendo Treehouse's train wreck of fire and tangled metal.
>>
File: 1490471077075.gif (2MB, 355x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490471077075.gif
2MB, 355x360px
>>375815221
>PeeCucks want Anthony Burch fan translation patch
two cucks of a feather cuck together I guess.
>>
File: englishburch_burchenglish.png (149KB, 1228x563px) Image search: [Google]
englishburch_burchenglish.png
149KB, 1228x563px
Hey there 'channers! I can call you that, right? 'Channers? Sounds a little silly when you say it like that. Sounded better in my head.

Anywhoo, guess what, we're gonna decipher all this nonsense from that hot new game Purseowner 5! You know, the one everyone has been playing, your momma, your cousin, even your ex-wife and ex-husband. Maybe we can make it a bit more, you know, progressive while we're at it. So whaddya say? Good? Yeah, I'd say that too. Well said!
>>
>>375816164
My ex-husband might be playing it, but my ex-wife sure as hell isn't, what with her being dead and buried under the library
>>
File: gondola.jpg (18KB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
gondola.jpg
18KB, 268x268px
If there is anything I hate more than autistic Finns, it's autists who pretend to be Finns.
>>
>>375815452
That forehead is too cute, someone should arrest that scoundrel.
>>
>>375816164
why is it western devs feel so threatened by jap devs? They have everyone in their pocket and sell more copies, yet they just can't stand there are other devs besides ones in texas or silicon valley.
>>
>>375817561
Because Japanese developers are just making better games on lesser budgets
>>
File: 62344193_p0.jpg (816KB, 1024x1280px) Image search: [Google]
62344193_p0.jpg
816KB, 1024x1280px
>>375817075
Don't arrest the fluff. It's not her fault she's beautiful.
>>
>>375817676
but in the end they get lesser money for it, but they still feel threatened in spite of it all.
>>
>>375803592
Real talk: I'd rather it released in April with the current translation than for them to delay it another 3 months to fix a bunch of small errors.
>>
>>375817752
posted too soon, I guess I know the answer: Western dev cucks have fragile egos, but who would've thought they would go to these lengths to protect them?
>>
>>375803753
Persona is a ps4 game
>>
>>375807523
need to add bamco SEA with some engrish flavor
>>
>>375817976
Some translations are bad but the English as a whole is stilted. It would require an entire re-write to fix so they basically got it out because this was the best they could do without it being massively over budget
>>
>>375803592
they know weebs don't have any taste at all and will eat it like candy anyway, kek
>>
>>375818291
They honestly shouldn't've bothered if this was the best they could do with 11 fucking people working on the text
>>
>>375819616
In the interest of fairness, 11 people might not be telling the whole story of it. It could be possible that 10 of those 11 people did next to nothing, but because they did something, they need to be credited and that the rest of the translation was by the remaining 1 person.

That said though, it's just bad as a whole and it really needed more time in the oven. Maybe Atlus have learned from their mistake and will start the English localisa-

I'm not going to bother finishing that sentence actually.
>>
>>375819616
With translation, more people on the job generally doesn't mean better product. Ideally you'll have one or two translators and one editor to unify the styles.
With P5 they were obviously rushed, and had to do all they could to get the game out in time. I don't blame Atlus USA for this, but rather the JP side for giving them the materials so late.
>>
>>375806297
underrated post
>>
>>375820050
I'm pretty sure Atlus USA could've just, you know, release the game at a later point?
>>
>>375820050
>I don't blame Atlus USA for this, but rather the JP side for giving them the materials so late.

The blame will lie with both, in all likelihood. Atlus JP definitely interfered with the localisation because we know that the English VA were told to mispronounce Sakamoto and Takamaki, for example. Atlus US people still had the means and ability to produce a better product though, and they failed to do that. There are a lot of failings on many fronts with the localisation.

I'm honestly surprised that the UI and visual presentation that needed to be converted to English was such a good effort in the end, considering the rest of the English involved.
>>
>>375820128
Or patch it, something few localizers bother to
>>
>>375817723
She's tainted. Her husband touched the fluff.
>>
>>375819414
oh hi, connor.
>>
>>375820128
The game is already coming out half an year after JP release, do you really think fans would have been fine with even more of a delay? They should have been allowed to start the localization job much earlier, since the script of the game is huge.
>>375820387
They should have produced a better translation, but I'm willing to believe they just didn't have time for it. Remember all those times from conventions when they were showing months old trailers to western audience, and even fans knew more about the game than localization team did. Or back when Hardin said that game would definitely launch in 2015, only for Atlus to announce the delay few weeks later?
They had no fucking idea what was going on in the developement.
>UI and visual presentation that needed to be converted to English was such a good effort in the end
I disagree. All the good looking UI elements were already in English to begin with, the elements that USA side handled look noticably worse and less stylish than they did in Japan, such as the counter for deadline.
It's nice that they did the sound effects, but nothing else is really worth praising.
>>
>>375820707
That's not, how you use commas, Atlus loc dev
>>
File: tumblr_okk3t3j2dv1usa5bpo1_500.jpg (22KB, 409x413px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okk3t3j2dv1usa5bpo1_500.jpg
22KB, 409x413px
>>375820623
Sugimura was not her husband and there is nothing to indicate that he had already forced himself on her, only threats that he eventually would. Even if he had, I wouldn't love Haru any less for it.
>>
>>375803592
So the faggot mods are allowing SJW shit on /v/ now?
Rather have 20 waifu threads clogging up the catalog than "Atlus rejected me, muh triggers"
>>
>>375820886
>do you really think fans would have been fine with even more of a delay?
have fans not been waiting years for the game to begin with
>>
>>375820902
He touched her hair in the cutscene when they announce joker died.
>>
File: 1492725449076.jpg (183KB, 1007x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1492725449076.jpg
183KB, 1007x1007px
Remember newfags, sage goes into the options field
>>375820902
>/t/umblr
Get out
>>
File: 1492870504789.png (188KB, 756x783px) Image search: [Google]
1492870504789.png
188KB, 756x783px
>>375821007
Oh, I thought by touch the fluff you meant something a bit lewder than any kind of physical contact. How is she tainted?
>>375821082
(You)
>>
>>375820891
So are you going to make a FE: Fates site?
>>
>>375820954
Yeah, but during those years Japanese fans were also waiting. It's different waiting for something with everybody, and knowing that some people already have the game with you having to wait because translators are slow.
>>
Is persona 4 DAN any good? I don't feel like making a new thread for one question.
>>
>>375821129
Are you retarded or just a cuck?
>>
Is Atlus US using localization improvements as an excuse for the delay why this site exists?.
>>
>>375821261
No just watch some youtube videos of nanako dancing.
>>
File: 1455478804003.jpg (44KB, 482x596px) Image search: [Google]
1455478804003.jpg
44KB, 482x596px
>>375803592
>P5 is the biggest fail in localization!
>But FE Fates was great. Please hire me Nintendo!
>>
>>375821293
They didn't even do anything with the script during the delay. It was simply done so that they could release the game after the end of 2016 financial year, and to avoid competing with other big name Japanese releases at the first quarter of 2017.
>>
>>375820128
it should have stayed in japan for the sake of nogginjoggin ay
>>
>>375821293
>>375821794
it was also the jap audio in fear of backward importing.
>>
>>375821946
Come the fuck on. The US release of Persona 5 costs less than 20 dollars more than mint Japanese copy, and shipping fees would add to that. If somebody wanted to save on price of the game, which do you think they'd do? Go to a game store and buy used copy, or import copy of the game, make American PSN account to get audio in language that they actually understand and then play game that's for the most part unvoiced and written in language they can't read?
This argument worked for Arena because the game literally had Japanese UI and script available on American version, and release was close to Japanese one.
>>
File: 1492287966016.png (112KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492287966016.png
112KB, 512x512px
>>375821290
No, I'm just trying to understand. What does cuckoldry have to do with any of this?
>>
>>375821794
So they basically lied about making improvements?
Atlus should've done what they've always done before and not commit to a date until they were certain. I was always skeptical of the valentines date because all of their other games got dates about 8 to 12 weeks before launch
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.