[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FFT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1369968397263.jpg (117KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
1369968397263.jpg
117KB, 480x359px
Bold design choice to make an impossible encounter
>>
>>375802735
git gud
>>
>>375802735
The good old days where, if you fucked up, the game sometimes just stopped you. Start over, scrub. This time learn to use multiple save slots when going through sequential battles.
>>
>>375802735
It's scripted, you're supposed to lose.
>>
>>375803215
No, you're supposed to buy a chameleon robe a few cities earlier and just become immune to holy sword attacks.
>>
>>375803215
nope, I get a game over screen
>>
>>375802735
You can have the exact equipement to nullify his abilities or abuse Ramza's unique moveset.
>>
He actually meant to say "Draw your gun."
>>
>>375803305
Wasn't that due to a bug? Anyway, auto-potion trivializes that fight. But honestly it was really bad design, because you're supposed to use tactics to defeat enemies. And then you're thrown into a 1v1 fight.
>>
File: lithuania and gay.jpg (147KB, 633x839px) Image search: [Google]
lithuania and gay.jpg
147KB, 633x839px
>>375803305

I prefer the rubber thong, so I can slip it off and seduce Wiegraf with my man-sword
>>
>>375802735
Abuse the fuck out of Ramza's squire buffs. Eventually you should be so fast and powerful that you get to move multiple times and can kill him in one hit. There's also auto-potion and chakra.
>>
>>375803206
>learn to use multiple save slots when going through sequential battles.
I remember having to restart the game on this guy and the fat demon because I was I was a single save kid.
The PSP version of Tactics Ogre warns you about saving in sequential battles, not sure about War of the Lions.
>>
File: OgreBattleInterview1.jpg (824KB, 1570x2456px) Image search: [Google]
OgreBattleInterview1.jpg
824KB, 1570x2456px
>>375803624
>But honestly it was really bad design, because you're supposed to use tactics to defeat enemies.

On one hand, the game primes you for the concept of 1v1 much earlier by pitting you against Gafgarion solo.

On the other hand, that's one tiny insignificant instance compared to all of the other systems that teach the player the exact opposite. For example, having a robust class change system -- oh boy, I think I'll make Ramza a time mage or summoner! Guess what, you can't do that if you want to get past Wiegraf. Despite having a super robust class system, Ramza is essentially supposed to be a class that can duel. That sucks.
>>
>>375803747
>Gafgarion
I guess. But he wasn't nearly as strong, and I think you could just get healed by your party members through the gates.
>>
>FFT
>Gafgarion is the only DK
>He's in your party as a guest before he turns traitor
>Ramza doesn't end up as a DK with all the political shit he goes through

>WotL
>same as in the original game, except you have to jump through hurdles just to unlock the class
Still kinda bugs me but I'll get over it.
>>
>>375804059

...why would it matter that Ramza is or isn't a dark knight?

It's a piece of shit class for grindy retards, anyway. The type of players who are so bad they need to corral enemies in a corner and throw stones at them for 4 hours instead of, you know, just playing the damn game.
>>
>>375803206
This isn't good game design.

t. Guy who didn't get stuck but still thinks it was dumb
>>
>>375804282
Sure, you have a point. However, the original game did basically throw just about every time of special knight class toward you, save for the enemy classes like Arch and Hell Knights for example. All those knights and no Dark Knight, excluding Orlandu.

In terms of the story, I felt that Ramza should have became a dark knight. Storywise, it made sense to me and that probably would have intensified feelings the church had for him for the sake of drama..
>>
>>375804715
>In terms of the story, I felt that Ramza should have became a dark knight. Storywise, it made sense to me and that probably would have intensified feelings the church had for him for the sake of drama..

Despite him getting extra abilities on Squire, including Ultima, which (to my knowledge) can't be learned by any other character? I mean, Ultima is shit, but I feel like Square was always canonically pushing Squire on Ramza.
>>
>>375805415
Ramza has some great Squire abilities (You want some Brave? Take it! Keep some! Brave for everyone!) but most of them just aren't that good for combat.

I either use him as a squire with whatever off-class or use him as a mage because his faith can go higher than anyone else. It generally works.
>>
File: CHAPTER_1 THE MEAGER.jpg (278KB, 762x939px) Image search: [Google]
CHAPTER_1 THE MEAGER.jpg
278KB, 762x939px
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.