[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Masterpiece

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: fez.jpg (27KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
fez.jpg
27KB, 460x215px
Masterpiece
>>
>tfw custom Steam tags have been removed
>no "choking hazard" tag on Fez anymore
>>
>>375800790
No
>>
>>375800790
I agree actually. Only contrarians and shitposters will deny this.

>B-b-but Phil is mean!!!

Nobody fucking cares, the game is excellent, pirate it if you don't want to give him the money
>>
>>375803296
Convince me it's good.

>>375800790
I thought it was really boring and the map just warranted needless backtracking. There also was no progression curve and all areas were basically the same copy paste job over.
>>
>>375801257
it was good for a laugh while it lasted, Anon
>>
>>375800790
a mediocre showing for a game decade in development
>>
The game was ok, Fish is a thief a liar and a retard but his spreadsheet joke finally convinced me to get into aurora so at least I have that to be thankful for.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot. Don't give a fuck about the guy who made it, but the game itself is pretty fun. It's unfortunate that /v/ is too autistic to separate these two things.
>>
>>375804610
>Convince me it's good.
Play it?
>>
>>375806814
I have. Convince me it's good
>>
File: yMNxjDum4c9Ik.gif (2MB, 480x246px) Image search: [Google]
yMNxjDum4c9Ik.gif
2MB, 480x246px
>>375800790
Get lost on your way to reddit Phil?
>>
CHOKE
>>
File: PF.jpg (32KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
PF.jpg
32KB, 500x309px
ON
>>
File: pf.png (282KB, 405x424px) Image search: [Google]
pf.png
282KB, 405x424px
IT
>>
>>375806851
>Excellent artstyle
>Cool 3d gimmick
>Good puzzles (the normal ones)
>Great implementation of the other puzzles (red ones? Where you need to discover the other numeric system and to decode stuff, makes you feel smart)
>Good length for a puzzle game
>Flawless from the game-design point of view, i wouldn't change anything.

My only real complaint is that the last black monolith puzzle isn't finished, I'd like more closure.

Also:
>I thought it was really boring
Subjective and maybe it's not your genre

>and the map just warranted needless backtracking.
Backtracking is fast, and you only need to do it if you are shit at puzzles

>There also was no progression curve
I may agree here because more or less all the yellow puzzles were the same difficulty, but the real progression here are the 3 types of puzzles
>He didn't get 202.2% or whatever it was

>and all areas were basically the same copy paste job over.
Objectively false
>>
Most of the puzzles have nothing to do with the core gameplay. It's weird cryptographic shit that you solve in a spreadsheet. I guess if you were playing it at launch and watching the community figure out these impossible puzzles together, the sense of discovery would've been cool, but it doesn't age well. I played it on PC years later and is just not practical to solve everything on your own, is meant to be a community effort. So you plow through the mediocre platforming, look up the puzzle solutions and go "oh, that's cool but I never would've figured it out".

Compared to, for example, Braid, which is also a mediocre platformer, but you can solve every puzzle yourself because they're all relevant to the core gameplay and never ever depend on external knowledge. The game implicitly teaches you how to solve all of its puzzles, without words. That's how a puzzle game should work.
>>
>>375807354
>good puzzles
stopped reading there.

>subjective and maybe not your genre
Fuck off. Literally I hate you so much for insinuating this. Go choke on my dick.
>>
>>375807440
Nice reply, like a real /v/ shitposter. Welcome to the club senpai
>>
>>375807529
not an argument
>>
>>375807569
Neither was yours
>>
>>375807619
>no you
You can do better than that man. Refute me I dare you.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.