[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pre computed "fake" physics > real physics for videogames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Halo dumbed down shoo-.webm (1024KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Halo dumbed down shoo-.webm
1024KB, 720x404px
Pre computed "fake" physics > real physics for videogames

Prove me wrong
>>
>>375793236
If you actually believe this then you are a dumbass and there is no need to prove you wrong.

All pre-computed physics are based on emulation code that can be 100% accurately applied to real video games.
>>
what the fuck is "pre computed fake physics"
>>
>that obvious aimbot
>>
File: 9067499.jpg (38KB, 710x290px) Image search: [Google]
9067499.jpg
38KB, 710x290px
>posting an actual aimbot webm

OP fucked up
>>
>>375793236
>throw grenade
>causing gun to fly in a predictable angle

Yeah computer fake physics are dumb
>>
Pre-computed anything is against the entire point of video games. "Cinematic physics" like HL2:E2 and other games use can be useful in some instances but if you can have actual real time physics it will be better every time.
>>
>>375793785
>>375793731
Methinks it is auto-aim, not aim-bot.
>>
>>375793856
>>375793698

Halo 1's physics were extremely basic and super clunky. It wasn't real physics, it was just like a weird animation aproximation thing. Throwing grenades and how vehicles flipped etc was very predictable.

Halo 2 and onwards they switched to "real" physics with Havok and grenades just bounced around all realistically like they would in real life, but completely threw the actual fun factor out the window where cool shit like OP was no longer possible unless by random universal bullshit chance of maths.
>>
all simulated physics are fake you dumb fuck
>>
>>375793785
>>375793731
>halo
>>>/v/eddit
>>
>>375793236
shhiieet, even if this isn't legit in some way, I'm still impressed
>>
>>375793996
>Unrealistic physics == pre-computed physics

Retard identified.
>>
Why even post a thread like this on /v/? You know this place is infested with a bunch of story/atmosphere/graphics fags that would sooner play bioshock infinite than "arcade" games like halo ce.
>>
>>375794450
you have serious autism
his point was that there used to be a physics system that allowed for predictable manipulation of in game objects. idk what you're sperging about, he's right.
>>
>>375794621
>not a place for patricians who only play video games for the soundtracks

Back to ifunny with you
>>
>Halo
>Physics
lmao
Halo is lidderally 2d - it only looks 3d. It can't have physics, real of fake, because of this.
>>
>>375795053
Wait don't nerds don't understand that an interactable 2D image isn't three dimensional they're just gonna shitpost you oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
How's Ryzen treating you, OP?
>>
>>375793236
>that aimbot
Ruined
>>
>i can't do it so it's aimbot!!

watch some high level ce nerds. this isn't that crazy of a clip
>>
>>375794051
>being contrarian
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>375795696
All that looks suspicious here is how long he stays perfectly locked onto the head, and that could easily just be auto aim doing the work for him. Even without auto aim it's not that suspicious if he just has low sensitivity, considering how slowly people move in halo.
>>
File: 1396110329897.jpg (67KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
1396110329897.jpg
67KB, 282x341px
>>375793236
>Camera moves a perfect 45 degree angle, then a perfect 90 when guy appears on screen
>Shills think this isn't an aimbot

Really gets the noggin a joggin.
>>
>>375795980
>perfectly locked onto the head

he isn't moving the right stick at all. if there's something suspicious, it's how fast he got to the head, not how long he stayed on the head. any competent player knows that you mostly aim with the left stick, not the right stick, which is exactly what he's doing. he's moving with his opponent and not adjusting the right stick at all after he locks onto the head. people accusing this of aimbot are bad players who have no idea how good people can get at halo.
>>
did Halo 1 have the best physics in a shooter ever?
>>
>>375795971
>contrarian
>using redditor buzzwords
you're not fooling anyone, nigger. it's about having good taste. if you like halo you're a faggot kid
>>
>>375793698
Physics that aren't real and are precomputed before the game runs. What is even confused about that?
>>
>>375798043
OP's image isn't an example of this. It's just really simplified physics. Precomputed physics are the various large scale physics happenings in the Half Life games where things fall and explode the same way every time. Or set pieces in games like Uncharted.
>>
>>375796238
I wasn't aware they developed an aimbot for the MCC
>>
>>375794621
>We're at a time where halo kiddies think Halo CE is an arcade shooter
I want off this ride.
>>
>>375798148
I never said OP's image was an example of pre computed physics, because it isn't. I just said it's very obvious what they are.
>>
>>375798043
How does that apply to OP or flipping a buggy?
>>375798148
Thank fuck, someone gets it.
>>
>>375798349
>>375798273
>>
>>375797672
idiot
>>
ITT: OP doesn't know what he's talking about
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.