[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these games worth playing? How are the remastered editions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: darksiders.png (336KB, 993x457px) Image search: [Google]
darksiders.png
336KB, 993x457px
Are these games worth playing? How are the remastered editions?
>>
Pretty good

Yeah
>>
Play the first. Second was butchered by MMO mechanics.
>>
>>375791721
This is a rare instance of 1 beating the sequel
>>
>>375791721
First one was alright at the time, not sure if I'd still play it today. The second game is shit.
>>
>>375792089
>rare
sequels almost always suck. The creators let the success of the first game go to their heads and they listen when the marketing twats tell them that they need to appeal to a broader audience (oftentimes by killing the very appeal the first game had) to really make it big.
>>
>>375791721
second game is also good but its not as good as the first
it also has a GOAT soundtrack
and the remasters are pretty good quality
>>
>>375792089
(You)
>>
They are not that great gameplay wise and get repetitive after a while but if you enjoy the postapocalyptic and angels vs demons settings then go for it, the atmosphere is nice, story is also alright though it really is just an alternative story of the 4 horsemen
1 is a full on adventure/action game whereas 2 tries to build on gameplay and itemization but fails more or less
>>
>>375791721
Ignore these people OP just trust my gaming cred and play something else. The first one was free on xbox one last month and I played through and got all the dumb achievements.

Didn't have 360 in those days so it was a first experience.

The graphics are "Brutal Legend" with edgey.
The movement is a chore, the only move above a crawl is a dash that is just straight clunky but a must learn.
The combat is slow and unchallenging, the only nice touch is a wonky z-target holding L trigger which creates a forced perspective and LETTERBOX.

Skipped this sequel on the WiiU because I hadn't played this one, now I have zero interest.

The one nice surprise was Mark Hamill playing evil Navi.

The story is forced, you will not care about anything story related.

For the end of THQ it was a great effort, I'm sure it pushed some units, I can definitely see how this game pushed the genre, it just hasn't aged well.

In the face of today's vidya, (which is way different from it's release in 2010) I'm sure they'll modernize this game and it will probably be great.

My impression is that the first one was a real clunker, but I did beat it all the way through.

Try gamefly or ebay, it's not worth any amount they might be currently charging for it.

Thanks for reading Senpai
>>
>>375792969
>it's not worth any amount they might be currently charging for it.
literally 10 euros on steam for both games
>>
>>375792075

What are some of those mmo mechanics?
>>
>>375793067
I stand by what I said, even with monopoly money.
>>
>>375794207
Why?
They're pretty hack n slashes, my dude.
>>
>>375793792
Loot system and talent trees.
>>
>>375795404
>Those are mmo mechanics

lol
>>
>>375795404
But those were mechanics in games long before MMOs, they are RPG mechanics if anything.
>>
>>375795314
probably the weakest of the era
>>
>>375791721
Best Zelda games in a while desu
>>
>>375791721

The first game is best summed up as "Zelda! Ubisoft edition"
>>
>>375791721
They're ok games. I'd say they get more praise now than they did during release just because the state of modern games is so sorry.
>>
>>375797898
Breath of the Wild?
>>
Fuck the haters, DarkSiders 2 is one of my fav games in years.
>>
>>375795404
are they actual new abilities and stuff or is it just +10% more sword damage bullshit?
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1600x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1600x450px
is anyone have save file after this fucker or just before i dont want to replay thru it all
>>
File: 1459487679410.jpg (122KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459487679410.jpg
122KB, 640x480px
>>375792969

All of this is literally wrong.

Also
>>>>>>>>>>>>>playing on a wii u

OP, the games are good. In my opinion, very good, but objectively they are at least good. Think Zelda-ish with a ten times more interesting story (though simple) and hack-n-slash combat. The game feels very "traditional" if that makes any sense. You never forget its a game, but thats why its good. Its actually fun, and sometimes campy. The second one is also good, but bigger. The first game is fairly small, only takes like 20 hours to beat. The second one they added a lot of space, and more shit. Got a bad rap for its horrible performance problems on launch. At the very least for what they are going for right now they are well worth it.
>>
>>375799402

That's Morrowind, Nintendo edition.
>>
>>375797898

Are you retarded? In what way is there any hint of ubisoft?
>>
>>375799907

A year or two ago these would have been consistently praised as being a great mix of Zelda and hack n slash. But now there is a new one and it has some high profile and /v/ cant handle not being contrarian. Only reason I fucking got these games was because I saw lots of threads praising them. And I loved them, still do.
>>
>>375792969
>The story is forced

what do you actually mean by this? do you even know? in what way is the story "forced"

do you actually know what that phrase means? because i think youre confused and stupid as fuck
>>
>>375800818

But morrowind had content and story...
>>
I have original Darksiders 2, should I bother with the remaster?
>>
>>375793792
A whole bunch of gear that really only served to pad out content. The only real benefit to it was the cosmetic differences
>>
>>375793792
it's a boring, empty open world game
if you like kingdoms of amalur, you'll like darksiders 2
>>
>>375791721
Not really.

The Darksiders franchise is a clone of the God of War franchise. Mash X to behead the not-gorgon, complete minigames to unlock collectables, stuff like that. The only way that it tries to differentiate itself from GoW is by adopting hackneyed mechanics from other games. The story is shit too.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.