[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Mad Max? Seems like one of those fun bargain bin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Thoughts on Mad Max? Seems like one of those fun bargain bin under the radar types. I heard some good about it, what does /v/ think?
>>
>>375781632
It was great for about 8 hours and then it got really repetitive. I can tell you that the open world is hand crafted; Even random, pointless scrap locations are 100% unique from each other.
>>
>>375781632
>>375781978
its one of those games that last fucking forever and are steady burns of decent game throughout. if youve got a whole month to play, this game will do nicely.
>>
I rather enjoyed it, playing it in relatively short bursts. I think what got me through it was just a love for the mad max atmosphere and universe, but also just building up the magnum opus had an addictive quality to it.

For cheap it's a perfectly competent open world game that is semi-unique due to the car stuff. PC version is good, too. Really well optimized.
>>
>>375781978

This, at some point it goes from fun to realizing it's the same damn shit you've done for a dozen hours.
>>
>>375781632
I clocked in 40+ hours maxing everything (unlocked skills/upgrades) before leaving the sea area and discovering every locations and loots. I'm not planning to 100% but due to vast unique locations it kept me going.

By the time i'm at north the magnum is like a tank and the game kinda got easier.

I don't think i'll replay it in a year or two.
>>
>>375781632
Terrible.

Ignore at all costs unless you have bad taste and enjoy games that waste your time and aren't designed well
>>
>>375784346
What games *don't* waste your time, anon? What a shit response.

Mad Max is a good $20-tier game with its moments. It's got that autism OCD appeal if you're into that too.
>>
>>375781632
It's repetetive crap. That wouldn't be a problem if the store you have to do was actually fun but it's not. It's extremely shallow, and for a game called Mad Max you'd think you'd spend most of your time driving but instead the majority of content is running around rundown encampments that all look the same to dig through literal garbage for scraps with occasional bouts of mediocre, less fluid, Batman-style combat
>>
That area where the city used to be is what I always pictured what a 3D Fallout game would like.
>>
File: ImmortanJoe.jpg (174KB, 1917x793px) Image search: [Google]
ImmortanJoe.jpg
174KB, 1917x793px
>>375781632
Mediocre!
>>
One of the best free roams.

Up there with Black Flag.
>>
Ignore the faggots ITT. If you can get it cheap, and like the concept of arkham games, but don't like the fantasy setting of shit like shadow of mordor and prefer that of fallout or whatever, mad max fits that good niche.
>>
>>375781632
Repetitive and not very deep, but holy fuck it has some great level design
>>
>>375781632
If you like Shadow of Mordor but prefer a more fallout type setting, and also have a dab of autism, then this game is good.
>>
Didn't feel like Mad Max
>>
>>375785958
>and also have a dab of autism

I know this is bait but I would like to see where that came from.
>>
>>375786090
Because it's one of those autism incarnate games. You can enjoy it even if you're not autistic, but a huge appeal to it is that you do the same shit over and over for dozens upon hundreds of hours until you get that 100% complete ding.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.