[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phantasy Star Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I tried playing Phantasy Star I, but it's boring as shit. Got as far as the part where you give the governor of the second planet his cake.
>Have to grind at the very beginning to not die
>Combine that with the encounter rate, and you can easy overlevel Alis to the point where every fight is baby easy, even more so after getting Myau and Odin
>All dungeons feel practically the same
Should I just skip ahead to II?
>>
>>375780314
bump
It looks like an interesting series that I want to get into but I never see a thread for it.
>>
>>375780972
You must not post on retro gaming on 4 chan.
>>
15 minutes of "grinding" is something to complain about these days?
>>
Sounds like every other RPG from before 1993.
>>
>>375781240
I go there every once in a blue moon for recommendations but the reply rate is very slow.
>>
just play 4
that was my introduction to the series over 20 years ago and it's still the best game
>>
>>375781654
Sound good, will do. Can I just jump in or does the story matter enough that I should read a quick rundown on 1-3 beforehand?
>>
>>375780314
The first game is garbage and turned me off the series. Skip it.
>>
File: ps4usa-170412-144526.png (137KB, 896x686px) Image search: [Google]
ps4usa-170412-144526.png
137KB, 896x686px
>>375782394
It doesn't really matter. You're not missing much. Meanwhile PSIV is one of the best games from its generation.
>>
i don't know how anyone has fondness for the first one aside from seeing it first hand when it was initially released.

The 3D effect on the maze dungeons was pretty convincing for the time.

2 and 4 are better and more like games, 4 especially. i forget which but 2 or 3 was pretty bad and had no neat backgrounds while fighting monsters, just this tron-grid thing. They're all worth trying aside from 1 though.

sad that the series is virtually dead. Phantasy Star Universe and PSO2 are basically saturday morning cartoon anime and pretty retarded.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.