[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Bound_by_Flame_2014_Game_Cover.jpg (165KB, 628x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bound_by_Flame_2014_Game_Cover.jpg
165KB, 628x720px
Thoughts on this game?
>>
Everything Spiders puts out is shit, but they're fun to laugh at.
>>
>>375778310
probably shit.
>noname developer
>it's a western Action RPG for the PS3
it is most likely shit.
>>
>>375778310
It's an indie TPS/RPG that tries to be an AAA game but falls flat.
Don't waste your money on that, Darksiders / Lord of the Fallen are vaguely similar setting / gameplay but way better.
>>
Genuinely funny game for much the same reasons DmC was funny.
Fuck you.
>>
File: 1491654688613.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1491654688613.gif
1MB, 200x150px
Proper budget game. Plays like a cheap Witcher 2 with a more interesting premise (spooky ice skeletons are gonna end the world, are you a bad enough dude to channel a demon and burn fucking everything)

Didn't finish it, don't think I even got half way through but I didn't intentionally drop it either. If you can pick it up cheap and enjoy arpgs, you'll probably have fun with it
>>
>>375778310
Plays like Witcher 2 in the sense that there's a hub world and a circular map to fight monsters, but slightly better. Dodge has I-frames and you have better weapon/class variety with companions to spice things up.
Unremarkable game where the black tiddy mage is the only thing I remember about it, and the final boss can go fuck itself due to how tediously fuck huge its health is. Poison slightly helps
>>
it's like dragon age if dragon age wasn't shit
>>
>Lord Blackfrost
>Marshal Winters
>The Chiller

One of these doesn't belong.
>>
File: edwen_witch.jpg (746KB, 1920x973px) Image search: [Google]
edwen_witch.jpg
746KB, 1920x973px
go full demon so you can bang the ice witch in a sewer full of corpses.
>>
>>375778667
>Lord of the Fallen are vaguely similar setting / gameplay but way better.
why you lie
>>
>>375778310
Oh yeah, this was a thing.
>>
>>375778310
Complete shit. The combat is like someone tried to do Dark SOuls combat and gave up halfway through. The macrowriting is predictable and the microwriting is downright atrocious. And overall, it's just so goddamn boring.

BUt Master Miller voices the male protag, so there's that.
>>
still surprised by how terrible this was, i ought to give it another shot

music was absolutely fantastic though, olivier deriviere is one of my favourite vidya composers
>>
>>375779605
Still pisses me off you have to deform your face just to romance her
>>
>>375778310
Just mediocre but interesting enough to give it a try. Combat is decent if a bit broken, story is interesting but falls flat on it's face at times and the characters are one-trait archetypes but are good enough to carry you along. I played through it twice, my recommendation is to play on the second highest difficulty and go full demon powers, it's not the "bad" route despite how it sounds
>>
>>375778310
I think I'd rather play Kingdoms of Amalur if I wanted a generic ARPG. At least the combat in that is decent.
>>
>>375778474
it's actually multiplat, the ps3 version is an awful port.
>>
>>375783051
It seemed really clunky on xbawks but I just assumed that was the actual game
>>
>>375778310
I can barely rate this game higher than a 6/10, but I love it to death and played through it about three times now. It's one of those games where it's technically shit, but you can easily see and appreciate what the developers were trying to do. I'd love to see a sequel with a proper budget.

Some of the cool things about this game

>crafting system isn't bloated and confusing like most RPGs
>the soundtrack is amazing and memorable, there's none of the usual "epic chanting" shit you usually hear in these games
>your decisions actually influence the endings available for you to choose
>decent cast of party members, most of them are actually pretty useful for certain situations if you know how to use them

It's worth playing if you can appreciate shitty low budget games, but it takes a special kind of autist to really love this game the way I do.
>>
>>375778310
The game would have been very good, have it been finished. The plot and lore BTFO any Jap trash completely. Alas, there are literally chunks of the game missing from the final version and the narrative is all over the place because of this. This game would has been pushed out of the door WAY too early by the publisher and it shows.

Also, it has more meaningful C&C than the entirety of Witcher 3 combined.
>>
>>375778310
>>375778310
EVERY FUCKING TIME I SEE THIS GAME I LAUGH. I actually bought this game the same day I bought my PS4 because the gamestop employee told me it was like souls and I couldn't get to my phone to see if he was lying. It's hilariousy bad. Thanks for the quality laffs /v/
>>
>>375785867
>the soundtrack is amazing and memorable, there's none of the usual "epic chanting" shit you usually hear in these games
olivier deriviere is to thank for that
look into the other stuff he's done
>>
>>375789709
>>375785867
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb9Q98JU3ak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cj8PVohxpE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQMnvsDgULo
>>
The only thing this game has going for it is great music.
>>
>>375790653
>The only thing this game has going for it is great music.
Wrong, the lore and the setting are great. How many high fantasy post-apocalyptic settings do you know of where a bunch necromancers have destroyed the world?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.