[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Dishonored 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

Thoughts on Dishonored 2?
>>
It was alright. Stupidly derivative of the first game in terms of narrative, but it had some fun stuff. A Crack in the Slab was rad
>>
>>375775242
I bought this, so im going to pirate prey.
>>
>>375776079
duveno fag
>>
>>375775813
Loved the first. but it was largely cause the plague made for a creepy/cool environment. Is that still here, or no?
>>
>>375776176
I'll pirate it eventually then.
>>
>>375775242
runs like garbage from the trial they had. I'd pirate it if I could.
>>
>>375776310
there's bloodflies. But i never thought either Dishonored was creepy.
>>
Loved the first game but could not get into the second one, nothing about it felt as good as the first game.
>>
>>375776476
Well by creepy I mean the same kind of "creepy" games like stalker have. not scary/unsettling, just kind of lonely at times? like the factory district that had all the plague infested guys in it, that kind of thing.
>>
Besides the shitty optimization, it's great. Bigger and better levels than the first game with more options to go through them. Optimization really soured it a bit for me though.
>>375776310
Sort of. There are these mosquitoes that make nests in homes and are similar to the rats, but it's not a full social issue like it is in Dishonored 1.
>>
>>375775242
It's not less than $10 yet so I didn't play it
>>
File: cat.jpg (112KB, 1024x768px)
cat.jpg
112KB, 1024x768px
>>375775242
stiff controls. they should have used the engine from the first game. hardest difficulty is imbalanced. should have been more like master assassin from KoD.
first game was nearly perfect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n82hwk-NITw
>>
god damn, it runs like shit
thats awful when dishonored ran amazingly well

Bethesda should fuck off
>>
>>375775242

Denuvo/10
>>
I was hoping for Corvo to work together with Elizabeth instead of just splitting the two up into different playthroughs.
>>
>>375775242
absolutely loved it
better than the first
>>
>>375775242
try the demo. it's meaty
>>
>>375778078
This.
>>
>>375775242
imo it's exactly like Dark Souls 2.
Could've been better but it's still really good, and the best: It's a very easy game to replay multiple times after you beat it, which is something very rare these days.
Then again, like Dark Souls 2, people hating on it most likely had way too high expectations after the first one (or don't like stealth games at all).
>>
File: 1473616569607.png (217KB, 598x476px)
1473616569607.png
217KB, 598x476px
>>375777620
you know that bethesda only the publisher

its arkane studios you want to blame
>>
File: 1478429276490.jpg (31KB, 595x597px)
1478429276490.jpg
31KB, 595x597px
god damn i wish i could play this game

fucking denuvo makes me sad :(
>>
Dark Souls 2 is a shit game with an okay port (and no I didn't have really high expectations, the game just isn't remotely enjoyable).
Dishonored 2 is a great game with a godawful port.

They are nothing alike.
>>
>>375781450
Don't you have a chemo session to attend to TB?

Besides, it's been fixed except if you expect it ton run on your microwave.
>>
>>375775242
Just finished my
>Flesh and Steel 'Corvo Murders Everyone For His Daughter' collectathon run.

It was much much more enjoyable than my
>'Emily Saves Her Father by Being a Good Girl' pacifist run.

Now I'll take another month-2 month break and do my
>'Corvo Was Never Here' ghost-assassin run

as well as finish up whatever achievements I have left. If you're not trying to 100% these games, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>375781181
Betehsda owns Arkane, they were probably the ones who ran the QA and they were also probably the ones who mandated that Arkane use idtech5 instead of an engine that isn't shit (just like what happened with the Evil Within), since Bethesda can use idtech5 for free.
>>
>>375781270
https://pirate[.......]proxy.cc/torrent/17520449/Dishonored_2_-_uncracked_-_CorePack

Looks pretty sketchy tho.
>>
It gets more hate that it deserves because Mustards mass shitpost it for not being optimized for pirate play
>>
>>375781596
Does total biscuit even play dark souls?

Don't get me wrong, DH2 runs a lot better than it did at launch, but it still runs pretty poorly overall. Graphical glitches everywhere (shadows and lighting are beyond fucked), the AA solutions all look terrible but the game looks even worse without AA, and even with all the patching the performance is still wildly inconsistent with huge framerate dips seemingly at random.

I love DH2, I'd recommend it to people, but not for a few years. A few years from now, GTX 1070s and 1080s will be more common and people will actually be able to run the game competently. If you're running any card worse than that, the game will frustrate the hell out of you (and god help you if you have an AMD CPU).
>>
>>375781270
its uncracked boy
i would be the first to pirate it if cpy bypass this shit too
>>
>>375781728
yeah this look fucking fishy
>>
File: 1490647343126.png (75KB, 325x244px)
1490647343126.png
75KB, 325x244px
>>375777463

How the fuck have I never thought of this? How come I literally never fucking thought of just taking that and gtfo? Oh and you're pretty good senpai
>>
>>375777463
>they should have used the engine from the first game.
this
as is I can max out Dishonored but I can barely get a normal framerate at minimum settings in Dishonored 2. Thanks John.
>>
anyone spoiled me the plot of the entire game pls?
is it retard? does it explain rat plague and overseer?
>>
>>375775242
the main writer left and the outsider became CRAWLING IN MUH SKIN edgelord.
>>
>>375776570
M8, stalker is downright creepy.
>>
>>375785297
Much in the same way certain parts of dishonored are.

>isolated
>dirty, filthy, abandoned areas
>spooky looking creepy fucks wandering around
>>
>>375785410
I get spooked by bloodsuckers and the occasional bandit who was being quiet when I thought an area was clear. I have shrieked and spazzed the fuck out trying to spin around and kill an unexpected bandit.
>>
>>375785568
>when I thought an area was clear.
sounds like you just need to get good.
>>
>>375785716
Y-you too
>>
>>375785568
>I get spooked by bloodsuckers
>First time playing S.o.C.
>underground bloodsucker scares the shit out of me
>unload 70 bullets from shit ak at it before it finally drops dead, bleeding almost to death, waste so many health resources
>later on clear bloodsucker village with 0 problems using shotgun, heavy rifles and the snipers

such a disappointing difficulty drop. it gets worse the further you go.
>>
>>375777463
It's a shame that if you play efficiently like this and act like an actual assassin, you miss 90% of the content and the game becomes incredibly short. Instead of adding more content relevant to your actual job, they just padded the game with collectathon bullshit that makes no sense for you to participate in.
>>
It was literally the defintion of "Okay"
>>
This game was fucking great. The level design got much worse in the second half but it was still fun.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.