[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>No longer called Mother 4 RIP any interest I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: mother 4.jpg (41KB, 556x350px) Image search: [Google]
mother 4.jpg
41KB, 556x350px
>No longer called Mother 4

RIP any interest I had
>>
>>375772492
>caring about a shitty fangame
>>
>>375772492
Good,

Otherwise, we may have another AM2R on our hands.
>>
>>375772659
This. They were just asking to having all of their efforts turn into dust.
>>
>>375772713
>>375772659
For the uninformed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtCwZFTNnz8
>>
>>375772492
Whatever happened to this? I heard it was supposed to come out last June. What is it called now?
>>
>>375772492
it was never called like that

the name is Earthbound
>>
File: lucas.png (1MB, 1280x1373px) Image search: [Google]
lucas.png
1MB, 1280x1373px
mother 3 was a great ending to the series, especially the ending itself as long as you don't take the "epilogue" into account

i'd love to see itoi make another game, but if he doesn't that's completely reasonable. mother 4 would never have the same charm his games do.
>>
File: soda.png (291KB, 426x404px) Image search: [Google]
soda.png
291KB, 426x404px
How/why did A2MR get taken down specifically? There's a lot of other fangames that also have a lot of effort put into them that are still up, like Psycho Waluigi. Is it because it's a remake?
>>
It turns out they're taking the "Freedom Planet" route with this one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/mother4/comments/5wzfjk/todays_announcement/

>Q: What's going to change?
>A: Most things will stay the same! This is still the story of Travis and his friends fighting the mysterious Modern Men. Leo still lights his smokes with paranormal fire. However, if something is associated with the official Mother games, it won't be in this one. Mr. Saturn? Bon voyage, amigo. The title will also be changing.
>>
>>375772492
Why do people make fangames? With the insane amount of effort required to make a good game, why would you waste it on somebody else's IP that you have zero chance of ever being able to profit from, and that you're almost certainly likely to receive a C&D letter for?
>>
>Not called 4

Might play it now then
>>
>>375773858
Because they're creatively bankrupt
>>
>>375773586
It got a lot of media attention. It happens to every fangame that gets mentioned in mainstream "gamer" websites like kotaku, or polygon

>mario 64 unity
>Breath of the NES
>pokemon uranium
>>
>>375773586
as explained in >>375772882
AM2R broke the unwritten Fan game agreement that one should NEVER remake ANY games without the Copyright/Trademark holder's permission and/or involvement.

I figure that NoE/NoA have a trouble contacting the guy.
>>
>>375773586

AM2R came out the same time as Federation Force.
>>
>>375773858
retards
>>
>>375773858
Some game makers get started in fangames.
>>
>>375774014
that zelda oot unity 4 is 100 going to be taken down too
>>
File: Larry Morton.png (318KB, 540x480px) Image search: [Google]
Larry Morton.png
318KB, 540x480px
>>375773858
Some people love a franchise enough that they want to try their hand at making their own game based off it. It's kind of like a fanfiction writer for someone's favorite movie or book or a fanartist drawing whatever they like in that sense.
A lot of fangame creators seem to forget what makes the game they loved so good, though, so you get shit like all those Pokemon fangames that try to be like the main series but fail.
>>
File: confused-cartoon-face-28ewpuo.jpg (16KB, 341x318px) Image search: [Google]
confused-cartoon-face-28ewpuo.jpg
16KB, 341x318px
>>375774435
>>375774014
>>375773586
Why is Nintendo so bad at PR? Do they want people to hate them?

It's like they're stuck in the past... How does a dumb little fan game hurt their IPs in any way? Every other game company just ignores them, and didn't Sega end up hiring a dude who made sonic fan games?
>>
>>375772492
>non-canon fangame becomes new IP instead
ERMIGERD DO NOT WANT
>>
>>375773858
Once again, refer to this: >>375772882

But in general, either to fill the niche that the franchise left behind either due to a drought (Megaman, Metroid, Mid-90's Sonic), as a passion project, or just plain boredom.
>>
>>375772882
>AM2R was in development for 8 years
How autistic do you have to be to waste 8 whole years of your life on a fucking fangame? It's as if this guy has zero self worth.
>>
>>375775196
I don't know annon. I think you may need to find the definition of a hobby to answer that mindboggler you got then.
>>
>>375775196
You have to be truly autistic to believe it literally took eight years of actual development.
>>
>>375773252
Mother 3 felt half baked. Still really fun though, would cry again.
>>
>>375775196
i imagine those figures are the same as when i would say i studied for 6 hours, when it was maybe 20 minutes of actually reading any class material and the rest of the time was just shitposting
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.