[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some video games in which the AI literally cheats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: FUCK THIS GAY EARTH.gif (271KB, 210x131px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK THIS GAY EARTH.gif
271KB, 210x131px
What are some video games in which the AI literally cheats?
>>
Any kart game
>>
All force using NPCs in Jedi Outcast have unlimited force usage. You pretty much have no reason not to use the unlimited force cheat outside of multiplayer
>>
Persona sometimes
>>
mortal kombat on the gba
shao kahn was pure bullshit fuckery
>>
Practically any RTS AI on settings above normal.
>>
>>375768613
Any smash amiibo.
>>
>>375768613
YuGiOh Forbidden Memories

Good fucking luck
>>
>>375768613
Literally any grand strat game passed medium difficulty..
>>
>>375768662

They all rubberband too
>>
Outlast 2.
>>
>>375769224
this. M&B AI cheats
>>
The ai in Dokapon Kingdom is horseshit
>>
>>375768613
RTS games on higher difficulty levels have resource boosts and they can see the whole map, even if they haven't explored yet.

Most racing games, though most notoriously mascot kart racers, will give ridiculous boosts to people who are losing so they catch up. In Mario Kart, you are extremely likely to get a Blue Shell or other very good items from every box, but as 1st place you will always just get a single boost mushroom or a banana.

Often times monsters don't rely on the same sorts of restrictions that players do. For instance, they might not require any SP to use skills, but instead have some sort of logical sequence for when and how to use skills.
>>
>>375768662
>>
>>375768613
Battle tower/frontier/maison/tree trainers at higher streams are said to skew rng odds in pokemon.
>>
>>375771321
wtf is this real? Wow
>>
>>375771406
Yeah, the AI will ignore items if they're far away from the player
>>
>>375771321
I wouldn't say this is the AI cheating as much as it is bad programming.
>>
>>375768613
SFV Survival Mode AI literally input reads starting from Normal difficulty upwards, and you gotta do 30-100 matches of that horseshit with no breaks and no safety nets in case things go bad. Good luck trying to get further character colors and platinum trophy status.
F-Zero GX rubberbands hard, but it's not too tough since you can nail specific AI cars in like say Chapter 7 Story Mode and the game doesn't try to challenge you when they're gone.
>>
Grand Theft Auto V has rubber-band AI.
>>
>>375768613
Warhammer total war
>>
>>375768613
Advance wars AI ignores fog of war except in days of ruin
>>
>>375768613
civilization
for the king
>>
Every AI cheats in fps, they all use aimbot
>>
>>375768613
Team Fortress 2 bots are really fucking dumb when it comes to disguises and will rarely effectively spycheck, but make so much as a single sound when undisguised behind them and every single bot within a 10 mile radius will telepathically sense it, and whip around and shoot you
>>375770608
That's what he means anon
>>
>>375771329
This, and Pokémon Stadium
>>
>>375771303
>RTS games on higher difficulty levels have resource boosts

I hate this shit. Just give them more aggressive AI or something.
>>
>>375771598

Technically it's called optimization.
>>
>>375771840
Pokemon stadium 2 final four is literally impossible without metagaming and luck.
>>
>>375768990
I bet they get complete map vision at all levels.
>>
>>375771876
Improving the AI would make the game nearly impossible for everyone but the highest tier of player. How easily do you think the AI could wreck your shit know that they can individually manipulate every single unit in the game to charge straight to the units in your camp that it's supposed to counter against? On top of ignoring fog of war, no less?
>>
flatout 2 and ultimate carnage
pretty much all of the test drive games
a good amount of the nfs games
>>
>>375771840
I have PTSD from the round 2 in Pokemon Stadium. It gets so bullshitty that it's not even fun anymore.
>>
>>375771303
>In Mario Kart, you are extremely likely to get a Blue Shell or other very good items from every box, but as 1st place you will always just get a single boost mushroom or a banana
That has nothing to do with AI, it's just how the game is designed and applies to human players. Real bullshit in Mario is rubberbanding speed, amazing aim, and suspiciously short recovery time, and shit like this >>375771321 when you're not close enough to see it.
>>
>>375771876
The best way to handle AI would be to cap how many units they can control at once, then increase that cap with the difficulty setting, with no other variable changing
>>
any racing game with handicap (nfs)
>>
>>375771701
Test but only cops when they are chasing you. But that makes police chaces more fun tho.
The Police knowing where you are after you have sucessfully escaped them and trying to stay hidden for a while is the worst
>>
EA Sports games still cheat?

I haven't played one in about 10 years but they were notorious for being more an exercise in learning to abuse AI quirks than playing fair because the AI will simply cheat to win a lot of the time.
>>
>>375772826
Yes* chases*
God my english is terrible
>>
>>375771906
>>375771840

i used kingler and spammed guillotine to beat karen and lance. between the two he outskilled 5 of their 6 pokemon.
>>
>>375772159
There are superhuman micro bots that can control specific units on test maps built for that purpose but as far as actual computer opponents go, I have hard time thinking of RTS/RTT games in which AI did anything more sophisticated than what essentially amounts to attack move.

And even when they feature superhuman micro, they tend to be strategically garbage. For example, in one of the Brood War AI competitions I watched the most typical strategy seemed to be turtle to 100+ supply on one base before moving out: they're incapable of reactive play so optimized middle-of-the-road build is the most effective way to play on average against other AIs playing blindly. However, that leaves it extremely vulnerable to committed counters, like triple expanding and having three times larger army or building only siege tanks against tank/goliath/vulture army the AI was programmed to always make so as not to get fully hard countered (goliaths are effectively dead weight against siege tanks but the AI makes them so as not to lose to one mutalisk, being unable to scout and react to such a threat in advance). Any even moderately experienced human player would have won the tournament easily.
>>
I had to play Rocket League offline for a while because it was the only game I had on my new console and my internet was down, and the AI works against you. The main goal of your team's AI is to make contact with the ball no matter where it is. I was blocking my own team more than I was blocking the other team.
>>
>>375772415
That would be a really interesting setting to have in an rts.
>>
>>375772415
Can you name some games in which you find superhuman speed/multitasking by the AI to be a problem?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.