[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: dark_souls_3_art_3.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3_art_3.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
Let's talk about the PVP of this game.

What's wrong? What's good? What needs to improve?
>>
It's okay. Roll iframes are too much though, and I say this as a fan of demons souls pvp.

3v3 arena is the worst. Anyone actually using a hornet ring is gay.
>>
>>375766341
>roll iframes
Same fucking iframes as DaS1, go look it up.
>>
>>375766459
What, with or without dark wood grain?

And do weapons generally have the same hitboxes in both games?

Anyway whatever organized pvp is garbage invasions are the only interesting pvp in the series.
>>
>>375766668
Normal fastrolling is exactly the same in both games. People assume DaS3 has more iframes because they finally got gud.
>>
>>375766031
the faster combat wasnt that good for pvp, hack in the pc version, less variations of move set if compared with ds2 so you will see more and more people using the same shit, mad phantoms have no meaning(they could put they as normal white with the same objective and shit, but you kinda dont have any other benefit from summon some purple shit to help you, only for pvp and for that there is the red ones), had some good experiences with invasions btw, the community seems cool(some are asshole) but normally when i drink up all the flatus they also do.
>>
covenants were numerous but felt really bland.
finding timing between continuous roll spam to land a hit is almost impossible
invading was somewhat ruined by phantoms en masse and a lack of environmental interaction

the good? it's souls pvp, and the invasion mechanics are always fun. less phantom hits than 2, but ultimately least enjoyable pvp in the series
>>
>>375766031

The problem is that it has always been a tacked on gimmick. The problem is people treating the PvP in this game as if it was a separate fighting game or something. It isn't.

It got so bad and so fucking memed that From added a goddamn arena to contain all the 1v1 "tryhards" (tryhard barely means anything to these games other than "use the most OP/optimal weapons and armor always).

The problem is that the lag and the shitty phantom hitboxes never, EVER got fixed or even touched on by any programmer at FromSoft. My gripe is that they fucked over invaders in favor of these "tryhard" youtubers and twitch streamer cunts that just 1v1 all day spamming katana running attacks and running around in circles. THAT'S what they pandered to when they made the arena, instead of fixing the goddamn stacked deck against invaders or hell, even making other more significant improvements in the game.

I can't have more than 2 duels when I play, and can't be bothered to even invade once. Everything feels repetitive, even the builds you fight against are all just the same youtube video builds.

Everything with the player vs player interactions is just so automated, from the guaranteed two-hit stunlocks to the phantom range, to the ganking and shitty builds.

tl;dr fuck this shit game
>>
>>375768457
>The problem is that the lag and the shitty phantom hitboxes never, EVER got fixed or even touched on by any programmer at FromSoft. My gripe is that they fucked over invaders in favor of these "tryhard" youtubers and twitch streamer cunts that just 1v1 all day spamming katana running attacks and running around in circles. THAT'S what they pandered to when they made the arena, instead of fixing the goddamn stacked deck against invaders or hell, even making other more significant improvements in the game.

I might not disagree if you said fucked over PvE, but name specific things that they did which caters to arena pvp and that fucks over invaders.
>>
>>375766031
Way too many unbalanced bullshit since the game tried to integrate PVP and PVE, which wouldn't fucking work since the damage system is out of whack.
>>
>>375767072
>Normal fastrolling is exactly the same in both games. People assume DaS3 has more iframes because they finally got gud.
How wrong could a single person be?

Rolls in Dark Souls 3 are all just length of roll now, not actual speed of roll (unless fat rolling). And the I frames aren't nearly the same. Dark Souls 3 had I frames from start to right before the end.
>>
>roll spam still obnoxious to punish, especially with big weapons
>big weapons being almost completely non-viable against people who aren't clinically retarded without crit fishing
>build variety is awful, duel builds suck in invasions and invasions builds suck in duels
>handful of broken as shit weapons dominate the meta, almost all of the weapons in the game are just strictly worse versions of them
>casting fucking sucks because retards couldn't learn to just roll
>weapon arts are either busted or useless
>Offhand and two weapon mechanics were gutted from DS2 because ????
Can't think of anything else right now desu
>>
>>375766031
the simple fact that there's lag destroys any semblance of fairness.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.