[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Accessibility in Fighting Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 528
Thread images: 64

File: Capturar.png (1MB, 896x669px) Image search: [Google]
Capturar.png
1MB, 896x669px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCruRER9NLA

What you anons think? Should fighting games have this auto combo stuff or casuals just need to git gud?
>>
Accessibility means lowering standards.
>>
It wont bring people in and it'll turn off old players.
>>
I'm bad at fighting games, but I still put in the effort to learn and try to get better.
If the game would hand me stuff on a silver platter like this I'd have less impulse to actually try and learn to actually learn the game and its mechanics.
Making tutorials and training modes better like Guilty Gear recently did, is a better way of handling things in my opinion.
Fighting games shouldn't sacrifice their complexity as that is what makes them special and appealing in the first place.
>>
NIGGER DAGGER
>>
>>375763530
Fuck accessibility and fuck casuals.
If fucking SFV still isn't enough, then nothing is going to get casuals to play fighting games.
Fighting games are inherently a non-causal genre.
>>
>>375763530
Combos aren't really the essence of a fighting game. It's position and timing.
Combos only serve as a barrier to entry not a sign of skill
>>
>>375763530
The biggest reason why a fighting game would have any longevity is if it has depth and a lot of stuff to dig through and learn. Without that, it would be sort of shitty.
>>
max is the biggest chucklefuck on the planet. insufferable piece of shit
>>
It already exists. Games like JBA ASB have auto combos if you spam weak attacks, and almost all the BB games have had a style mode for shitters.
>>
>>375763530
Just shortened inputs.
>>
>>375763530
>Max
He has this video every time a new fighting comes out.
>>
>>375763530
Accessibility IS bad, see Rising Thunder.
>>
QoL improvements - good
Dumbing shit down - bad

Here's the deal for these games: The best fighting game tutorials have been in the latest GG and arguable Skullgirls. Both are way more robust than anything else, but are still scant resources for newcomers to the genre/series.

How about seeing how you can improve players rather than reduce the game?
>>
>>375763530
Fighting games are made for those who wish to put in the ffort to give it their all in every fight
if you don't want to put in any effort and want auto shit, don't play fighting games, it defeats the whole purpose of fighting games
practice makes perfect and anyone can do it, it depends on the player's determination and their passion for the game
those are the ones of players who enjoy fighting games the most, don't take that away from them
>>
>>375763758
No, it doesn't. There is such a thing as a happy medium.

There is a prevailing logic on /v/- and in the fighting game community too- that accessibility is mutually exclusive with complexity. A well designed game keeps a wide entry and a high skill ceiling.
>>
>>375763758
this

>we want a broader audience

Never a good thing.
>>
>>375763530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTdQ7Xx4Q34&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>375764953
Except that kind of game has yet to be made.
>>
>>375765091
what about smash bros.?
>>
>>375764953
>A well designed game keeps a wide entry and a high skill ceiling.
What is Street Fighter 4.
>>
Fighting games already have autocombos and that doesn't stop them from being good games or having competition. Look at P4AU, UNiEL. This is not new to anime fighters and relying on autocombo isn't going to win you any competitions.
>>
File: bullshit.png (4KB, 151x25px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.png
4KB, 151x25px
>Developers expect you to rotate the stick a full 360 degrees of rotation to pull off a move
>In a game where the up direction is also jump

This the only legitimate bullshit that exists in fighting games. Everything else is easy to learn in a couple of minutes especially now that every modern fighting game has an annoyingly generous input buffer.
>>
>>375765091
Melee comes pretty damn close.
>>
Okay so I preordered SFV when it came out and I was very excited for it. It would be my first real foray into fighting games. I watched some videos online and started playing. But... I wasn't able to stick with it. It took me about a day to figure out how to hadouken and it wasn't even consistent. Despite days of trying, I was unable to do moves that required two circles, the Z movement and so on. I gave up on it.

I did play the Rising Thunder alpha and I thought it was extremely fun. I am disappointed that it doesn't exist anymore.
>>
File: 1440800895890.png (67KB, 331x304px) Image search: [Google]
1440800895890.png
67KB, 331x304px
>>375765161
I know what you're doing there, but Smash Bros is a party game. It was not made for competitive 1v1s.

>>375765248
Melee is the worst fighting game there ever was. Hitstuns and slippery physics breaking doesn't make a party game anymore competitive.
>>
>>375763530
Accessibility is one of the worst things to happen in video games.
>>
Marvel doesn't need accessibility options, Marvel 3 already had that covered.

H S Air M Air M Air H Air S Super was the easiest combo known to man; my fucking 2 year old baby cousin can do that.

Literally ALL they have to do is take Ultimate Marvel 3's gameplay and fucking BALANCE IT so the same five characters aren't used all the fucking time. They're halfway there taking out the Morridoom SOUL FIST HIDDEN MISSILES spam from 3, just make it two characters with one assist at a time and the game would be amazing.
>>
>>375765002
>single player
>>
>>375765091
Super Mario. Anybody can pick it up and play and play it well. But dedicated players can reach a higher skill setting to reduce their timing.

Or, if you want specifically a fighting game example, Street Fighter II. I'd also argue Smash Bros., but that triggers fighting game purists.
>>
>>375764819
Rising Thunder was fun desu
I miss it.
>>
>>375765443
>but that triggers fighting game purists
No it triggers fighting game try hards.
>>
>>375765530
Problem with that shill game is both the f2p model and that they forgot to put skin over their robots.
>>
>>375765208
>what is buffering
>>
>>375765332
Good thing you were voted the supreme arbiter of competitions or else I would have totally been misled by the evidence pointing to the contrary.

If anything, Melee still suffers from inaccessibility when it comes to new players trying to go from casual to competitive.
>>
>>375765332
And yet they do.
How about that
>>
>>375763530
Let auto combos be a thing but make them single player only
>>
>>375765624
>casual to competitive

Found your problem. Trying to play a smash game competitively.
>>
>>375765530
I miss the people's champion Talos, but that's about it.
>>
File: (((you))).png (31KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
(((you))).png
31KB, 300x162px
>>375765602
>Having to throw out an empty move just so you can pull off some fucked up input

Bad design flim flam.
>>
>>375765634
Retards will play with a basketball and think it's a globe of the world. They can do it, but we'll still laugh at them.
>>
File: Logo-MHFU.png (45KB, 200x114px) Image search: [Google]
Logo-MHFU.png
45KB, 200x114px
>>375764650
Oldschool Monster Hunter did the positioning and timing better than most fighters out there with just simple combos
>>
>>375763530
This is a good thing, believe it or not. Someone will always find better combos than the auto-combos, and thus good players will get rewarded for diligence.
Noobs can play the game at a reasonably novice level while focusing more on growing their neutral, matchups, etc.

It reverses the natural order of BnB > Neutral/Oki > Matchups and goes Neutral/Oki > Matchups > BnBs. It's not that bad.

I say this as a guy that loves super technical combos. Old Johnny MF recoin loops, Hazama Hiren loops, 4xEWGF, Fafnir Loops, Venom setups, etc. I love technical shit and I see it as a good thing.
>>
>>375763530
The biggest problem with new fighting game players is that they want to do everything in their power to not think. Stuff like mashable autocombos means they can do a baby combo without having to think, but the fact of the matter is that against a halfway decent player who IS thinking, its gonna take more than mashing light punch to actually open them up, especially in a highly mobile game like Marvel, which means that effectively nothing has changed.
Unless they somehow implement a mashable auto-play-neutral-for-me button or an auto-teach-me-what-the-fuck-I-should-actually-be-doing button, this shit just strikes me as pointless.

>>375765208
That's why you buffer 720s with something that will prevent/delay the jump, or just let the jump rock and do the 720 on the way down.
Also, technically, you don't even really need two full circles, since a 360 will generally count with just 6248, without the need to go back to 6.
>>
>>375764645
SFV has easier combos across the board for all characters, granted, but at least there's no mash button to get combo like MvC:I and KoFIV or simplified inputs.
>>
>>375765720
yet only incompetent jerkoffs complain about it

still it's totlaly possibly to do it standing and with no buffers.
>>
>>375765720
it only an empty move if you're dumb enough to put one out.
>>
>>375765720
Well, most people that aren't shit buffer it into approach.
>>
>>375765720
you can also buffer during blockstun, the enemy's super flash, etc
I assume you've never explored the tactical depth of a grappler before
>>
>>375763530
Fuck maximillian dood. Racist cuck.
>>
>>375765704
Crow was cool
>>
>>375763530
Under Night in Birth did accessibility the best but no one plays it.
>>
>>375763530
It doesn't matter in the long run cause casuals will always complain. They lack fundamentals, which good players have.
>>
Real talk, if you were playing a fighting game on PC and someone flawlessly combo you with great timing and knew how you counter you every single time would you say that person had great "skill"? Now what if they used a program like autohotkey to do the combos they already knew but with a single button press (and maybe a cancel key with autohotkey to abort just in case) instead of manually inputting the combos themselves every single time? Would you say that would somehow lessen their knowledge and timing/counter just because they were smart enough to turn a 10 button combo into 1 or would you say the idea of learning complex combos is just stupid game design that somehow got stuck from when games used to be trial and error to prolong the playtime of otherwise stupidly short video games?

You can call it skill all you want but at the end of the day if a game have to do something stupid to prolong itself then that is a red flag right there.
>>
>>375765757
You are a dumb insular cunt
>>
>>375765942
This. I don't even play grapplers and I found every orifice of gameplay I could jam a 720 into when I flashed up Zangief or Tager. There's a lot of places to mash this shit in.
>>
File: Fantasy Strike Controls.jpg (72KB, 750x407px) Image search: [Google]
Fantasy Strike Controls.jpg
72KB, 750x407px
>>375763530
>Sirlin is here to save fighting games
>>
>>375763530
Making fighting games easier to pick up and play is fine, just that developers usually go full retard when they try to make a game more beginner friendly and ruin the game for everyone.

Don't try to remove skill inputs all together, just stick to easier ones like quarter circles and DP motions.

Don't try to remove combos or have a "Retard" mode where you can mash one button to do a full combo, just give characters a Dial A combo or have an easy to understand cancel system (Ex. Light-> Heavy -> Fierce -> Skill). These easy combos should do good damage but not be optimal.

There's also a lot that could be said about implementing how movement works in general, but it's too difficult to describe in a single post. But generally devs need to make movement feel natural. Adding in attacks that move forward is also very helpful for beginners like dash attacks.
>>
File: low quality meme.jpg (28KB, 696x693px) Image search: [Google]
low quality meme.jpg
28KB, 696x693px
>>375766247
>Automatically reverse throws
>Do nothing

Wait what?
>>
>>375766183
You could argue that it takes away another thing to think about during a game, freeing up mental resources for other tasks. This in turn makes the other aspects of the game easier as well.
>>
>>375763530
Accessibility isn't bad, dumbing down is bad. The issue is as Max said in the beginning, these two are unfortunately confused as being the same with most developers. Max is right, this autocombo bullshit is Capcom being lazy yet again.
>>375764493
>>375764645
100% agree with these anons. Casuals will never be satisfied until we boil down the genre into purely mash X Arkham combat with no special inputs or frame links.

Fighting games are inherently hard, they follow a lot of oldschool conventions. Part of the fun of getting gud at fightans is that they're hard in the first place, making it more rewarding. Magic series in the vs games was already a simplified version of SF combos, same with qcf+PP instead of qcf, qcf+P. Dumbing down magic series into autocombo is a fucking joke, this is a very slippery slope we're on.

BOTTOM LINE: Providing good tutorials is the right way to go, Guilty Gear and Skullgirls got this right.
>>
>>375765872
I feel like SFV is all you could ask for as a casual player in terms of gameplay.
Its flawed due to capcom's incompetence but tis still a fun game.
>>
>>375766307
There is no suck thing as a skill input. Its rote memory that requires skill
>>
File: get gud.jpg (27KB, 316x277px) Image search: [Google]
get gud.jpg
27KB, 316x277px
>>375763530
I mean Fighting games are more accessible than they have ever been. There's no more extremely weird inputs and more or less every fighting game uses the same motions.
>>
>>375765659
This is a great idea, the people that use auto combos have no interest in learning the game and will likely give up playing online after getting their shit kicked in by players that actually care to learn fighting games.
>>
>>375766307
>have a "Retard" mode
they should or remove combos to make it easier
>>
>>375763530
Smash 4 Ryu is the perfect example of how to design a moveset catered to both casual and experienced players.
>>
>>375766184
>smashfag triggered that his game got compared to being a retard
>>
>>375765562
True. They are mad that Smash Bros. is probably the most popular fighting game these days.

And you know why? Probably because of Nintendo characters, yeah. But also the accessibility.
>>
>>375766886
I think you mean one of the most popular party games. League and Overwatch still beats smash in that regard.
>>
Personally I think fighting games next to explain themselves better, its no secret that for the longest time they offered no tutorial or explanation for their systems. It's especially bad for anime fighting games where they go bonkers with different mechanics that are never explained and you need to go to fucking Mizuumi wiki to figure out how it works.

Plus, fighting games generally work under the assumption that you know how to play fighting games. You might of seen that webm of a guy trying to do a super by pressing punch 3 times instead of pushing 3 punch buttons at the same time. There's a lot that we take for granted but new players don't understand at all. Why is it that most other games have a tutorial that teaches you how to do extremely basic things like how to move and jump but fighting games don't offer anything?

>Just fucking teach people to play, holy shit
>>
the mistake people make is thinking that the inputs are the hard part of fighting games. doing auto combo bullshit doesn't really fix anything and adds an annoying thing for veteran players to to play around or fall into bad habits.

fighting games require dedication pure and simple, as its game knowledge that you need to amass, not just your ability to execute combos. its learning footsies, wake up game, macro play through predictions, and also learning the vast amount terminology that games with the genre in general that makes you good at fighters, not auto combo garbage for people that just want to mash.

you didn't need to be able to plink in SF4 for example to be any good at it, sure you may have had a ceiling if you didn't do 1f links but it didn't explicitly keep you out of playing at a high level, mostly just a pro level. like anything its game knowledge and experience that makes you good.
>>
>>375766247
>>375766342
Translation: Figuring out how to program special move inputs and input buffering is a lot harder than one would assume so I took the easy way out and made a babbys first fightan game with single button inputs and nobrain throw escapes.
>>
File: fantasy strike yomi counters.png (79KB, 949x479px) Image search: [Google]
fantasy strike yomi counters.png
79KB, 949x479px
>>375766342
JUST LET GO BRO
>>
>>375766881
I don't really play smash. They are huge autistic cunts.

I just know you are one of those as swipes that think Gm fighting game can only fit in a very narrow category
>>
>>375767092
Yes, I believe those who try to play smash competitively are because they are too much of a manchild to graduate from their baby mode party game.

It's like trying to enter Nascar and saying playing Mario Kart makes you just as good
>>
>>375765331
If it took you a day to figure out how to hadouken then you're not bad at fighting games you're just bad at games in general.
Your opinion is worthless for real.
It's the simplest most iconic motion for a reason
>>
>>375767260
Smash is a fighting game deal with it twat. Its at every major fighting game tournament.
>>
File: 1487288244331.jpg (154KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1487288244331.jpg
154KB, 1024x576px
>>375766247
this. I never managed to get into fighting games because of retarded "memorize this" inputs. Fantasy Strike on the other hand takes everything fun from fightan (combos, positioning, reaction) and makes it REALLY easy to do, but still keeping the game deep and "smart".
Everytime you get hit is because you fucked up or your opponent bested you in the mind game and I think its absolute glorious.
also its very fun in lan parties and couch play with friends
>>
>>375767582
The special olympics exist, too.
>>
>>375767065
>Full supermeter from an auto reverse throw

this game sounds tight
>>
>>375767603
Inputs are not to blame. You just blame your general lack of game knowledge on not being able to do them. Even if you knew the inputs you would have no idea of when to use that move or when to punish or when to link it and would lose just the same.
>>
File: 1487021086116.jpg (56KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1487021086116.jpg
56KB, 736x552px
>>375767065
>>375766342
its actually really hard to do, im trash at the game and only did it competitively like twice
throws are almost instant and you are 99% of the time pressing a button, be it movement or attacks
>>
>>375765624
the creators of melee literally said they didn't want it to be a hardcore fighting game, which is why they removed a bunch of melees shit in future games in the series.

get over it you fucking manchild, you can't even argue it. you can argue that people made it into a competitive game despite this fact, but you can't argue its actual intentions as it relates to fighting games.
>>
Fighting games takes a while to get good at.

But so do other games, so why the fuck are fighting games singled out? People send literally thousands of hours honing their skill at Dota but its impossible to get them to spend 5 minutes in the lab practising inputs. There are people who play FPS games so much they've memorised all the maps perfectly but they still can't remember how to do a hadoken
>>
>>375767709

>this game sounds retarded

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>375767704
Pathetic.
To jealously guard you stagnant general form things that could benefit it and make it fresh.
You are the worst kind of gamer
>>
>>375767830
I just said I can do it in fantasy strike. I am very good at fighting games without this shit like burning blood or other stupid anime fightan
I learned about reacting and using anti-airs, 50/50s and all this shit in one day because the input barrier was down
>>
File: dark souls.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>375763530
What fighting games need is a way to show people how they failed, and to teach them how they can overcome that particular type of challenge.
>>
>>375767901
Because autists like the designs/concept of fightan games, especially due to their popularity, but don't ever want to bother to learn something that they don't think makes sense.
>>
Yes, you alienate it's actual audience done of the time. Marvel 2 players dropped marvel 3
>>
Have two separate modes, one with accessibility and one without so everyone is happy
>>
>>375763530
Drop the complex inputs for special and hyper moves and replace them with ones that don't require training just to activate. There, I made fighting games more accessible without compromising the depth.
>>
>>375767990
>I just said I can do it in fantasy strike.
Against what? The training mode punching bag?
>>
>>375763530
No. The bar is low already, much lower compared to the older games. If you cannot get better at it, there's something lacking on your side. not on the game.

Short answer: Git gud and stop sucking
>>
>>375768037
What doesn't make sense about it?
>>
File: mattel.jpg (99KB, 736x800px) Image search: [Google]
mattel.jpg
99KB, 736x800px
>>375768058
>Drop the complex inputs for special and hyper moves and replace them with ones that don't require training just to activate.
That already exists.
>>
>>375768093
>what is playing with other people
>in real life
>>
>>375767901
Because if you lose in a fighting game, it's because you weren't better than your opponent. You don't get to blame your teammates when you lose, its all on you.
>>
>>375768218
What the fuck are you even trying to say? Is this a new anti-smash maymay?
>>
File: 1493364863110.jpg (161KB, 854x715px) Image search: [Google]
1493364863110.jpg
161KB, 854x715px
>>375768042
>auto-mode better be disabled in ranked

hopefully they're not this stupid
>>
YO DOODS HYPE
LESSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO
I'M SHIT AT FIGHTIN GAMES THANKS FOR THE DONATIONS DOODS YOU GOT THE TOUCH
>>
>>375768416
The cow goes moooo.
>>
File: 341060-h1.jpg (121KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
341060-h1.jpg
121KB, 1024x576px
A crippled can play Street Fighter at high level, using his tongue.

How about you?
>>
>>375764645
its why they complain about people not taking Melee seriously as a fighter

BECAUSE IT ISN'T DUE TO SMASHING BUTTONS LIKE A FAGGOT!
>>
File: maxfans.jpg (699KB, 2103x2239px) Image search: [Google]
maxfans.jpg
699KB, 2103x2239px
>these are max's fans
>>
>>375768575
People Melee seriously as a fighter because its not a fighting game.
>>
>>375764681
Can you really call the Jojo games that aren't httf fighting games?
>>
>>375768294
>dude BRO LETS PLAY FANTASY STRIKE

no one has ever said this
>>
Unless you make the game 100% pure RNG dedicated players will find ways to outperform casual ones.
>>
>>375768525
Ok, so how does having diagonal down-left to diagonal up-right activate a move improve the gameplay over having it be something like back + button X? I've tried getting friends into sf4 and while hadoukens and other quarter circles are easy for them, they usually give up on anything harder than shoryukens.
>>
>>375767065
So if you don't actually need to do the throw to stop them from blocking, then why would you ever throw?
>>
>>375768591
Jesus fuck I can already imagine which one of them is the braaaap shitposter.
>>
>>375765872
The thing is though, in kof14 and persona, auto combo has shit damage. So while casuals feel like they're doing something, they're just hurting themselves
>>
>>375767889
that and the series creator calls it an action platformer and NOT a fighting game

come back when smash has:

lifebars
a 99 second timer
shit that can't be abused that would have been patched out nowadays
>>
>>375768690
Based on what criteria?
>>
>>375768784
The chicken goes BAWK
>>
>>375768891
Based on what the creator of the game has said.
>>
>>375763530
>Just spam light punch to do all of the combos at full damage

Finally it's a fighting game /v/ can play.
>>
>>375768886
The funny part is, smash CAN have at least the first two.

But the autist tournament community never use stamina mode. And you'd think the create a level feature would be used more to fix most of their competitive problems.
>>
fighting games are tough and auto combos are still going to make you shit if you dont put in the time.

have fun though, it takes awhile to get good and most fgc are ruthless and love to talk shit
>>
Max is a faggot

Stop posting his cancer here.
>>
>>375768161
>Why can't I just PRESS THE BUTTON to do the move like in every other game hurr
>Why won't my move come out
>why are combos so hard
>How do I dp?
>>
>>375767901
fighting is 1v1, team based games offer more room for error
>>
>>375768964
how can you take it seriously as something it isn't?

so what? now if i really want to think basketball is just like horse racing because they are both sports?

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>375768341
What about other competitive games? Like, in a racing game its you vs 7 other people and if you lose then they just did better than you. Sure if its something like Mario Kart you could blame items, but there are plenty of racing games that don't use items.

You also have stuff like sports games, music/rhythm games, stuff with 1v1 duels like For Honor and SoulsBorne... but fighting games are somehow don't count?
>>
>>375768964
If Miyamoto says mario world is a first person shooter does that make it so?
>>
>>375769195
Too extreme of a case.
>>
>>375769009
>you'd think the create a level feature would be used more to fix most of their competitive problems.
This is something I've wondered about as well actually. Granted they'd have to make sure each console has the stages, but if I remember right they can just be uploaded or sent through online.
>>
File: non-argument levels.jpg (28KB, 567x565px) Image search: [Google]
non-argument levels.jpg
28KB, 567x565px
>>375768905
>>
File: 1492461914134.png (85KB, 280x312px) Image search: [Google]
1492461914134.png
85KB, 280x312px
>enter blackbelt tournament with no experience or prior training
>get your ass kicked
uhg can we please casualize, this is unfair and do they really expect me to actually try to learn to fight?
>>
>>375769156
autism

Smash 4 is a much better game than Melee anyway.
>>
>>375769009
i've tried it with stamina, it doesn't work well

but could you imagine all the changes that people would make if they were locked in a box level so no ringouts and forced to GULP actually FIGHT EACH OTHER?
>>
>>375769195
he'd be incorrect due to the actual meaning of fps
>>
>>375769258
All the solutions proposed to the community has always been shot down because you have the top autists of the scene who don't want to lose their prize status and learn the game in a different matter. The best way to uproot it all is if an equally autist community came about and played smash a completely different way.
>>
>>375769307
i don't care, they are all fun to me
i don't play they at autism levels like 99% of you fags do

its what happens when you do that shit in a game that was never meant to be a high tier thing; it turns to shit and isn't fun anymore
>>
Why does smash trigger /V/'s autism so much? Does it matter if it's considered a fighting game?
>>
>>375769320
Boxed in stage with maybe a platform or two with stamina mode on would be a fresh experience to the genre.
>>
File: CNckwpHUcAAdeUc.png (270KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
CNckwpHUcAAdeUc.png
270KB, 500x500px
>>375769039
cmon bro i got some epic videos and i stream on twitch, please feel free to donate and sub. i know i've never entered a tournament but i offer some EPIC shit.
SHINE ON DOOD
>>
>>375768058
Every character in Marvel has a hyper that is basically the hadoken motion but with any two buttons how easier can it get?
>>
File: 1443466599441.jpg (72KB, 330x200px) Image search: [Google]
1443466599441.jpg
72KB, 330x200px
There will be ALWAYS persons that are better then the others in EVERYTHING. Fucking millenials are too retarded too understand this simple thing because of the "hurr everyone is special and equal" crap that teachers tell then, and altought is beauty in the paper, it fucking denies reality.

So, we will have auto combo. Will this make casuals beat pro players? FUCKING NO. Pro players will train and use it to get fucking even better at fighting games, or those scrubs think this will be available only for casuals? That the game will give you a test, and you will have this function only if you score bad?

This will only set the skill to even higher, the only way to make a casual be on the same level of a PRO, is cripling everyone and making "be good" ilegal, like a Jakenpo game were victory is based on luck and not skill.

Holy shit, I hate when people denie reality. It makes me so mad it hurts.
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with auto-combo. Most of the people that use it don't know about, nor care about the more in depth mechanics of the game. It's not even hard to beat if you're even remotely good. Sure I could wail on my little cousin in Blazblue for an hour, but I doubt he'd even play that long without assists.
>>
File: 1368962729355.jpg (96KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
1368962729355.jpg
96KB, 724x720px
>>375769432
>it turns to shit and isn't fun anymore
t. guy who couldn't figure out how to wave-dash.
>>
>>375769590
you tellin me those t-ball and taekwondo trophies i got growing up didn't mean shit?

everyones a winner, r-right ha ha?
>>
>>375769186
It's not the same in a racing game, there's a lot of people.
In a fighting game, its 1v1 and that makes it a much more personal experience, consciously or not.

People do get salty in For Honor for similar reasons. PvP in Souls is autism and shouldn't be in the game at all but that's just imo
>>
>>375763530
why talk about this when you have tekken 7 soon which will be clearly better.
>>
>>375769195
>we now know better than the creator of the game
k, smash fags are literally beyond reason

besides what you put forth would never be said and is hyperbolic to try and prove a point
>>
>>375768591
>these are the people giving him thousands of dollars in his shitty streams
>>
>>375763530
Making games like this easier for casuals is death to the game and here's why.
Normies generally don't play fighting games. They're a very niche genre like MMO. When you dumb your game down to draw in casuals you alienate the fanbase you already have, making them not purchase the game, and at the same time you barely bring in any new players because its a niche genre to begin with. This is the exact reason modern WoW is dead
>>
>>375769432
I don't even like smash. I'm just pointing out that the competitive scene for Smash are autists.
>>
>>375769745
i consider the time trial racing leaderboards more of the competitive part, unless its shit like nascar but that shits gay.

pvp in souls is autism though ill give you that. and for honor is stupid
>>
>>375763530
WHATS UP DUDES
>>
>>375769807
>>375768825
>>375768591
its funny because his fans look up to him like hes some guru. but he gets shit wrong all the time. him making a video for discussion about fighting games is hilarious because i could imagine what the comments are like just from that image
>>
Fighting games should have a regular mode and a "noob mode" to make it like Smash Bros so normal people can enjoy it too.
>>
>>375769574
Yeah that's a step in the right direction but like I said earlier in the thread, anything past a hadouken or charge is going to be a huge barrier to entry, see: sf4 Guile's supers or KoF in general.
>>
>>375763530
Changing the input isn't going to change how accessible the game is, but it will definitely change the viability of the move during execution.
Think about how classic grappler characters require full circular motions in order to do command grabs, those attacks are really strong compared to standard grabs. If the input was made simpler or shorter, it makes it easier to churn out the special move faster as well.
>>
>>375769638
i never cared for it
it makes playing against friends not fun, asshole

plus, all the people at my locals are fucking 10 years younger than me, all loud ass black kids too. all the people who play any other fighters are at least 25+ and white, cept the one cool black kid who wanted to learn how to Last Blade 2. we played that shit for a good while.
>>
instead of casualizing the game, why not casualize a few characters and call them beginner characters?
>>
>Auto combo is just a basic Punch Punch Special

Yeah, have fun getting anywhere online with that. Why is this such a big deal? I'm starting to think that the people bitching about it actually got their ass beat at some point by someone who used auto combo.

How does this affect anything?
>>
>>375769951
Story mode.
>>
>>375765881
suck a dick faggot
>>
>>375770036
Ryu says hello. One of the most beginner friendly characters that actually pays off as you learn to use him better.
>>
>>375770036
that's just Roo
>>
People who are against auto-combos are actually scrubs who think they are good.

The truth is it's a non-factor. It's a shitty suboptimal combo for complete casuals to experience the game from day 1.

It's great. You can fuck around with the game and if you like what you see you actually learn it. Better than having people mash and not see the cool stuff they can do and drop it after a week.
>>
>>375769993
>that makes it not fun
maybe for you
>most of the smash players around me are urban youth while other fighter players are white
Weird, it's usually the opposite from what I've seen. Still though:
>not playing both
>>
>>375770036
Because they jump online without knowing a single command input and then complain about it. Exactly the same thing where people go into games like Call of Duty online then ask over the mic "How do I use grenades?"
>>
I have a lot of hatred for this man's content and his fanbase.
More than PewDiePie because I like fighting games.

This fucking dude, never likes to plug actual good players to his fans. If he really is "bringing people into fgc" then he would point his fans into the right direction IF they really wanted to get better at them.
This man just offers nothing but retarded clickbait for 12 year olds.
>>
CHINGER
>>
Why are short and meaningless auto-combos such a big complaint? If you're so good, this should be giving you easy wins. Get an easy win, and move on to someone else, not seeing a problem.
>>
>>375769490
Then there would just be more bounces than a sol mirror match since the game is inherently designed to be about sending the opponent flying and killing them with the environment instead of keeping them up close and killing them yourself.
Most people seem to think smash is some incredibly technically deep game when it's really just people intentionally making it hard on themselves by doing obfuscatingly difficult inputs so the opponent can't read them and then the opponent does the same. It's like both players doing nothing but airdashing back and forth in melty blood and throwing out a poke every 3 seconds instead of rushing each other down and spamming 2A or IAD jC because they each want to make sure the other one knows about the incredibly deep mindgames they're doing. Obviously the concepts of a fighting game are there but they're tacking an unnecessary layer onto it.
What I'm trying to say is smash is fun but everyone that plays the game makes it not fun.
>>
>>375770178
most of the younglings play smash mods
>>
Refuse to listen to a dude who says nigger on stream and gets paid for it
>>
>>375770136
I mean characters designed to have autocombos, basic inputs, and decent toolkits, basically a few more levels of casual
>>
Can someone PLEASE tell me the best way to pull off moves with a "Z" shape on an Xbox controller?
>>
>>375770558
-> V ->
>>
>>375770558
if its street fighter 4 or 5 just press down-right twice

if any other game i'm not helping you
>>
>>375770440
Like project M? That's interesting. Most of the pm player sand smash players in general I've seen tend to be white stem students or graduates with the occasional asian. Maybe it's different in different parts of the country?
>>
>>375770558
forward then hadouken motion ending in downright
>>
File: 1493619764105.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493619764105.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>375770558
Forward>down>down and forward
>>
>>375770558
Try pushing right twice first and then doing it. Alternatively just wiggle your stick back and forth between the down and right positions until the move comes out
>>
>>375770558
You see, this is my issue. Why have this input that terrifies no-fighters when quarter-circle back + punch is still open for ryu/ken? What does that add?
>>
File: ndye43OynJ1tazhx4o1_400.gif (2MB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
ndye43OynJ1tazhx4o1_400.gif
2MB, 300x216px
>>375768591
A lot of these read like they came from a /v/ fighting game thread.
>>
>>375770690
PM is filled with left cucks that think everything is racist.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with autocombos as long as they aren't competitive with mid to high level execution combos.
>>
>>375770872
Because its the fucking easiest motion to do because you dont even need to lift up from moving forward.
>>
>>375770912
That fucking sucks. I guess its a good thing it died then.
>>
>>375770558
If you can do a QCF you can do a Z. Press forward then do half a QCF or press punch in the middle.
>>
>>375770558
Foward Down Foward.
>>
Nah man fighting games are fine how they are, where 99% of the games in the genre have less than 30 people playing them, highly anticipated sequels are subject to the whims of movie companies looking to advertise their latest movies and 80% of the community plays one game that is universally considered inferior to predecessors but the publisher has their fingers in every tournament so everyone has to play it.

The irony is that there are fighting games that are both more accessible and infinitely more deep than SFV and MvC3, like Melty or T7.
Of course when you say this you just get an outpouring of slighted SF players who can't believe your audacity to not play the League of Legends of fighting games.
>>
>>375770872
It's supposed to leave you open to your opponent's attack.
>>
>>375770996
Yet it's superior to forward-downforward down because?
>>
>>375771158
>quickly says his anime game is deep

And there goes your entire post
>>
>>375771202
Shouldn't the start-up frames accomplish that?
>>
>>375771219
How is Melty not deep in comparison to any other game on that list?
>>
File: 357616-MELTYBLOOD.jpg (1MB, 1800x1010px)
357616-MELTYBLOOD.jpg
1MB, 1800x1010px
Is it worth playing the different versions, or just go with AA?
>>
dont NRS games practically have dial-a-combos with ez inputs like back forward or down right? just fucking play those.
>>
>>375771217
because then you're just going into a crouch. Half the reasons for inputs is that they require you to be moving a different way or leave you with your control stick pointing a certain way, possibly opening you up.
>>
>>375771063
Games good other smash games are worse than it but the communitys bad same for all smash titles.
>>
>>375771219
I must be Nostradamus because this is the exact braindead post I knew was going to be the first response
>>
>>375771158
>T7
That ain't even out yet. I also feel like MB is esoteric rather than deep, you just need to look at a wiki for all the mechanics
>>
>>375763530
every fighting game i ever played has a "easy" mode that you press a button to do a special atack

you just have to trigger it when selecting a character

WHY doesnt casual use it?

WHYYY?
>>
Is it possible to wave dash with an arcade stick?
>>
>>375768573
Brolylegs is pretty fun to watch in tournaments.
>>
>>375771326
If you think you will find anyone to play any old versions that not gonna happen next major go look near the trashcans for the few aa players.
>>
>>375771357
>the game's good but the community is bad, same for all smash titles.
Yeah I guess that's how it is, isn't it?
>>
I'm >>375770558 thank you dudes
>>
>>375769020
>what are 1p games
>>
>>375765404
Am I a brainlet if I can't tell when a move is good or bad unless someone tells me? My observational skills are pretty shit
>>
This is the same conversation people were having back when SFxT was ruffling feathers with its "gem" system being made to help new players hang and the "x-factor" system back in MvC3. The problem is that whatever little bit of level playing field a rookie has comes with an expiration date. After that date, the advanced players adapt, learn, and take advantage of all those "accessibility" systems made for beginners, and then the entire meta game reaches levels that make it "inaccessible"

accessibility doesn't beat time training and competition with other players. not for long, anyway.
>>
Rising Thunder already did one button specials. Shitters were sill shit. Bitchers still bitched. And the game failed.
>>
>dark souls was hard but critically acclaimed and gained mass appeal
>fighting games barely keeping itself afloat even though it's been around forever

Anyways, I don't think fightan games are in actually real trouble considering the size of evo, as well as all the content out for it.

Sure, it's not hitting bigger than league or some other shit, but it doesn't have to. I think the best thing that could attract newcomers is by having a strong community. Everything else just adds to that.
>>
>>375771540
I wouldn't personally call Melee good anymore simply cuz PM did it so much better and added the good elements of brawl but its alright.Sm4sh does some good things but it also takes steps backwards and ends up very different to the point where it isn't the same kind of game as PM or Melee so I just leave it as its own thing.
>>
>>375771219
>art style dictates gameplay depth
>>
>>375766247
>>375767603
>>375767990
Reminder the devs ask for PATREON money for game access
On top of that characters are locked behind donation tiers
5$ for 6 characters
10$ for 7 characters
25$ for all 9 characters
Thats right folks
Also enjoy your player base of ~250 people
>>
>>375771695
>bought by industry giant
>made its creators millions
I wish I could fail this hard
>>
>>375767990
What the fuck. Weebs truly are a miracle of the universe.
>>
File: Ms. Fortune Shrug.jpg (32KB, 263x343px) Image search: [Google]
Ms. Fortune Shrug.jpg
32KB, 263x343px
>>375763530
I don't mind auto combos and stuff since they give my brothers a chance. Making stuff too accessible can ruin a game though.
>>
File: sdadsa.jpg (4KB, 192x160px) Image search: [Google]
sdadsa.jpg
4KB, 192x160px
>>375771985
the game is not released you mongoloid
it will be a one time purchase when its done, its a fucking pre-alpha as of yet
also they already said that if you do not have the money to spend, just back it and remove the pleadge to play
thats what I did
>>
>>375772028
>and they were never seen again
>>
>>375771845
Yeah smash4 made some needed improvements but also had some very strange decisions. I think what really needs to happen is for it to be handled by someone that's not fighting against the competitive scene. Let's be honest normalfags won't not buy it because its as fast as melee or has more balanced characters and a few more non-gimmicky stages, just leave in the option to play with items and add in fan-favorite characters and they'll be happy.
>>
>>375771884
Anime style is a fair indicator of a bad to mediocre game as Japanese devs realize people buy those games for the character design alone and so they no longer have any incentive to make a good game to go along with it.
>>
File: 1491059100460.jpg (59KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
1491059100460.jpg
59KB, 500x539px
>>375771158
>T7
>accessible
>>
How do I play the fightin game?
>>
>>375772353
Ah yes, so street fighter: the movie: the game must be the deepest fighter right? It has the least anime artstyle you can have.
>>
>>375772626
Havent played it. I understand you are being overly hyperbolic for the sake of your argument, but we're talking about anime games, and just because anime games are bad, doesnt mean non-anime games are all good.
>>
I don't want to "study" frame data or "research" long, overly complex combo videos just to do slightly below average online.

Any game where you have to do homework in order to enjoy it is no longer a game.
>>
>>375763758
No it doesn't, this is retarded. You can have a simplified control scheme that isn't optimal. Auto combos in Persona were very low damage compared to harder, optimal, combos. You don't see auto combos at higher levels of play because the damage sucks.
>>
>>375772758
The problem with your statement is that anime games is already a poorly defined grouping of games that doesn't even qualify as a subgenre.
>>
>>375772353
Oh please. Just because you dont like doesnt mean its bad.

French bread makes great fighting games.
>>
>>375765091
What is Divekick?
>>
>>375772353
people will actually respond to this earnestly
>>
>>375773026
not a fighting game.
>>
This may ruffle feathers, but I think combos are stupid.

Combos in Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Mortal Kombat, and the like can't be escaped or reacted to after the first hit. Two players can be equally good at reading opponent actions and scoring hits but the one that has practiced combos will do more damage. This is why spamming special moves is popular at low level play, because they provide less damage than a full combo would but more than a single hit can.

I greatly prefer fighting games that don't have long combos, so the gameplay is more about scoring hits than making conversions. Alternatively, games where the defending player can react while being hit, like in Killer Instinct.
>>
>>375771397
It's been out in arcades for nearly 2 years.
>>375773082
Yes it is.
>>
>try to get into fighting games since I had a blast being a shitter as a kid in SF2 and MK
>/v/ says that SFV is the ultimate babby fighting
>laod it up
>tutorial with Ryu and Ken
>oh good, at least I can grasp the concepts here
>literally only teaches you to hadouken, shoryuken and V-skill

dude what
>>
>>375773109
I uniroincally recommend you play a Fight Night game then. Round 4 specifically.
>>
>>375773081
It's a good way to set your expectations appropriately. More often than not Japs will give you character design and nothing else.
>>
>>375772817
>Any game where you have to do homework in order to enjoy it is no longer a game.
this is probably the most idiotic thing I read on this board in months, congrats anon
>>
>>375773161
GG, KoF XIV, and BB all had better tutorials honestly.
>>
>>375773109
Good thing every fighting game has very simple basic combos made to do maximum damage for minimum effort
>>
File: 1492542216334.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492542216334.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>375773302
GG is the only good game
>>
>>375773225
Is that the boxing game? I could give it a try.
>>
File: 1481775065909.jpg (38KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481775065909.jpg
38KB, 571x540px
>>375773423
I mean if that' how you feel. Sin is my boy though.
>>
>>375773109
A lot of people feel that way. One of the things that turns people off from the genre is loosing half of your health from getting hit once, especially if the combo itself is so long you may as well put the controller down. Don't get me wrong practicing and pulling of combos can feel fulfilling but combo-heavy games can be a bit much.
>>
>>375773308
But that doesn't stop someone from bodying me with an inescapable 50% combo that I'm sitting through for several seconds.
>>
>>375768575
People don't consider Melee a fighter because of its cancerous community and their worship of "the pantheon" that try to skip tiers like they're anything special.
>>
File: 1489076177752.jpg (43KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1489076177752.jpg
43KB, 728x546px
>>375763530
>auto combo
No. Just remove 95% of combos.

In my mind, Fighting Games shouldn't be about pulling off long combos after memorizing a huge amount of inputs.

Fighting Games should be about Skill, Timing, Prediction.

I also think that special moves that require some bizarre and specific combination of inputs is a mechanic that's dated and archaic, from when arcades didn't have much inputs.
>>
>>375765720

The whole point is to make it difficult for grapplers to do it 100% of the time. I say this as a grappler. People would hate the grappler archetype even more.
>>
>>375763530

Not sure why you would want to attract people who clearly don't even like fighting games in the first place. I suck ass at fighting games. The ones I had the most fun with were Samurai Shodown and the early Soul Calibur games where they had that Chronicles of the Sword RPG-like mode. Oh, and I guess Toball No2 or whatever it was on the PS1.

Basically I like fighters when they have modes that don't play like a fighter. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure people who DO like fighters don't care for that kind of shit.
>>
>>375773787
How do you feel about Dicekick? That game was pretty much made in response to what you're suggesting.
>>
We just need better tutorials that's it. People can't wrap their hands around high level shit. Frame data, frame traps etc etc
>>
>>375773740
>Fuck up
>Get punished
What do you expect? If you don't know what you're doing in a fight, you get devastated. Different games even have plenty of systems in place to avoid that shit anyway, provided you know how to use the tools correctly.
>>
>>375773109
https://youtu.be/ZC03zZVO68E?t=481
>>
>>375773787
You're right. Fix theses two issues and you'd greatly improve the genre.
>>
>>375773740
There isn't many fighting games where you can't have a basic combo that deals 30%-50% of an opponent's life in a single simple combo

It's basically KI due to breakers and Blazblue wanting combos to last a really long time

High damage fighters are currently the in thing

>>375773787
Several fighting games tried to do what you wanted and they all died
>>
File: jojo.jpg (415KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
jojo.jpg
415KB, 768x432px
Fighting games need to be more like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZbgJy5mXfA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv0YTSXPYqo

not even memeing, 3s will always be my favorite

I really wish there was more character diversity in tournaments though
>>
>>375773970
This.

The problem isn't fighting games being inaccessible, the problem is fighting game TUTORIAL are fucking dogshit 99% of the time.
>>
>>375774052
I don't like the idea of the round ending because I fucked up 2-3 times. Skullgirls addresses this.
>>
>>375773957
>Dicekick
Yeah, Divekick was fucking great. Big parts of it was made as a joke, but you strip the genre down to it's spine and you find out that 90% of the time, extra game mechanics are just about adding complexity, not depth.
>>
File: IMG_1194.png (802KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1194.png
802KB, 1136x640px
Looks like it's ARMS time to shine
>>
>>375763530
I say making things easier to execute but not to the point of doing shit like one button dps and quarter circle command spds is fine.
But it should never lose depth in exchange of accessibility.
>>
>>375774215
3S is the best worst fighting game ever made.
>>
>>375774162
>Several fighting games tried to do what you wanted and they all died
Was that because of the concept though? Or was it the marketing, characters, artstyle, platform, etc.?
>>
>>375765208
You do that rotation motion while your character is performing another move. You don't just do it raw, you cancel into it. But you knew that already and you're just baiting, right?
>>
>>375773787
>Fighting
>isn't about route memorization and execution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZGLNpaaPzg
>>
File: 1493498281261.jpg (61KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1493498281261.jpg
61KB, 453x604px
I dont have problem about accesibility, it can be done in a good way but why fighting games?

Fighting games are like the most niche games ever as a genre and even among themself: if you are good in one game very little will work in another fighting game.

Plus the fanss themself barely want any change, its just like RTS games
>>
File: PUFFED.png (120KB, 368x298px) Image search: [Google]
PUFFED.png
120KB, 368x298px
>>375774469
Took you long enough.
>>
>>375774209
https://youtu.be/gTryNADmSQo?t=53
>>
File: 288423-kejriwalafp.jpg (207KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
288423-kejriwalafp.jpg
207KB, 500x500px
>>375774882
>Fighting games are like the most niche games ever as a genre
What the fuck am I reading
>>
>>375763530
solution

don't play capcom games anymore, literally all of their latest entries are pandering to a crowd that the series wasn't intended for.

SFV
RE7
DmC
and now MVCI

casuals/youtubers are a bad thing.
>>
>>375774209
HFFT is one of my all time faves. They gave it a HD re-release a few years back but it got taken down from the marketplace for stupid license reasons.

Really wish they would remake it from scratch with lovely hand-drawn sprites and FUCKING BALANCE IT too. That would be my dream. JoJo's has gotten pretty popular these past few years, so it might even take off. I haven't played those dissidia looking jojo games, do the suck?
>>
>>375775161
>RE7
Dumb over-the-shoulder babby detected. 7 is the most traditional RE since Zero.
>>
File: tomá no cu rapa.png (464KB, 683x785px) Image search: [Google]
tomá no cu rapa.png
464KB, 683x785px
>>375773970
>>375774252

Frame data, footsies, spacing, character moving and falling speed, and all that is science beyond the game. It's about research, and if you begin a tutorial by telling casuals about that kind of stuff, they will just give up. Does first person shooters begin the game by telling you about the physics, antecipation, and speed bullet to hit a moving target? No, that is something only a very invested person do.

What we need, is to get pro gamers apart from casuals, something about levels, just like CS:GO. In CS:GO, you will begin playing just with people that plays for fun, and have to go a long way to actually stomp into a pro.

By doing that casuals will be happy, and pro gamers will be happy.
>>
>>375765091
Soku

>>375766068
Nigga what, the only thing it has is an auto combo. Compared to xrd's dojo it's completely barebones.
>>
>>375775295
It takes a larger player pool for that to happen. There aren't enough players online in most fighters to give you the gradient needed. Ontop of that, latency fucks fighting games the worst.
>>
File: 1493498745483.jpg (80KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
1493498745483.jpg
80KB, 500x699px
you can't really pander to casuals in fightan games because casuals never last even when you give them auto combo stuff

the truth is, the only way to git gud at fightans is to get your ass kicked for hundreds if not thousands of matches and acquire knowledge and experience, and its easy enough in fightans since no one actually gives a fuck about ranked modes and everyone just hangs out in player lobbies fucking around, and casuals for some reason seem to hit ranked before anything else and just quit when they run into people just abusing online dudley tier lag combos to win constantly
>>
>>375774209
Wow, that was fun to watch. It almost seems choreographed.
>>
File: RisingThunder_604x423.jpg (61KB, 604x423px) Image search: [Google]
RisingThunder_604x423.jpg
61KB, 604x423px
Re-*cough* remember me guys?
>>
>>375775295
trying to set them apart can be difficult as well, one problem with that is that higher skill players might end up purposefully seek out bottom of the barrel players to fight against to boost their ego
happened a shitton in tekken tag 2, when i was learning and wanted to fight someone i'd set up a beginner lobby because i wasn't confident enough for ranked. 9 times out of 10 the people that joined were far better and i learnt nothing from the fights because i got floored so hard
>>
File: Ballz.jpg (35KB, 256x360px)
Ballz.jpg
35KB, 256x360px
So long as people are willing to acknowledge that fighting games having absolutely no mass market appeal is what is directly responsible for the deaths of all those franchises everyone is crying over, sure.

Street Fighter V managed to sell, what, one-fifth as many copies as Tekken 3? One-third as many as Mortal Kombat X? Barely outsold Dead or Alive 3?

Meanwhile every other fighting game is lucky to have 200 people playing it total.

I can't fucking imagine why the genre is so dead
>>
>>375763530
> Should fighting games have this auto combo stuff or casuals just need to git gud?

Both.
Even in mvc1 people were given the option for Easy or Normal controls. While Easy allowed beginners access to inefficient combos and easier move commands, they generally didn't allow for more complex optimal stuff.
It'd be fine to add that in mvc:I and no one would be the wiser.

Surprisingly clever for how old an option that was.
>>
File: 1478738663316.jpg (53KB, 736x546px) Image search: [Google]
1478738663316.jpg
53KB, 736x546px
>>375766183
Combos are fun and most are easy, yiu're just bad at games and want to employ mental gymnastics to prove a point. If a player is better than you, he can easily win by poking in neutral and never doing a combo. Combos are just capitalising on opening up your opponent, and only really matter at even skill levels.

And now we have games like SFV where any beginner can combo and this is still something people bitch about.
>>
>>375775943
>very latency sensitive
>only allows 1 on 1 duels
>more demanding than the popular genres

Compare it to shooters or assfaggots.
>>
The more accessible vidya becomes, the more 'accessible' normalfags think I am, so the more inaccessible, rude, misanthropic, and unpleasant I behave to balance things out. It used to be easy being the weird guy no-one wanted to talk to, now it's almost as much effort as pretending to be normal.
>>
>>375775919
Pretty much the poster-boy for why simplicity isn't good for fighting games. This game was a fantastic time for a few days, then mind-numbingly boring therafter.
>>
>>375775919
Wasn't it doing fine and was just gutted for no reason?
>>
>>375776550
Riot canned it after acquiring the dev.
>>
>>375776550
riot bought them out, I'm assuming so they could use the engine to make a league of legends fighting game or some shit, but nothing has been heard since the deed was done
>>
>>375776550
Playerbase started to die off, then Riot came in and bought them out to stop them from competing.
>>
Persona 4 Ultimax has 3 button reversals, autocombos and universal armored overheads but it doesnt stop it from being hard as fuck and absolutely bullshit down the line.
>>
>>375775943
the genre was never really alive because its intensive and mental midgets don't do well in this atmosphere where shit talk is very liberal and the grass roots of the community was born in arcades where shit could actually happen if you shit talked too much, on top of the games being very skill oriented

everyone just wants to play casual stuff where they can either relax or blame their team mates when they lose nowadays, its what happens when everyone becomes a beta male
>>
>>375776859
2*
>>
>>375776745
What the fuck? For real?
>>
>>375763530
I don't see a problem with auto-comboing. 100% of the time the auto combos are never optimized so at any level play above entry they are meaningless. I see it more for people to enjoy story modes/introduction into the game, which is fine. T. guy that got 3rd place at evo many a year ago.
>>
>>375773787

Reminder that all combos are just arbitrary numbers and have no situational usefulness and take absolutely no awareness to use.
</sarcasm>

Combos go beyond just "55 hit combo for massive damage" and also go into "Hey, I knocked this guy down and I need to setup for when he wakes up, what combos will be advantageous". They can go into "would I rather do more damage or push him to a certain place on the stage"... "should I use meter" and so on. People that hate long combos have a right to hate them. they can be a pain in the dick but "remove 95% of them" is fucking ignorant to what a lot of combos ARE. Do something outside of being a stream monster and playing against CPU and actually LEARN SOMETHING from a wiki, talking to people, maybe play a good tutorial (people have mentioned Guilty Gear and Skullgirls). Use a few brain cells and put some effort in
>>
tl:dr on the shitty video max made? i dont want to give him views.

is it about auto combos because thats nothing.
>>
>>375763530
>What you anons think? Should fighting games have this auto combo stuff or casuals just need to git gud?
No, combos just need to be shortened so the game is faster paced and more accessible for casuals.
>>
>>375777005
>>375776745
No, the playerbase had nothing to do with it. It was just an alpha build that Riot then decided to buy up because of the concept, likely intending to use it for a reskinned version of it or such.
>>
>>375776916
>genre was never alive
>Tekken 3 was the 3rd best selling game on the playstation
>MK2 was the best selling game of all time at its release
>MKX sold 5 million copies

>alpha male virtue signalling and assorted inner city niggerdom
>>
>>375766981
LoL and Overwatch aren't party games and neither is Smash
>>
File: 1487370224582.jpg (33KB, 293x341px) Image search: [Google]
1487370224582.jpg
33KB, 293x341px
Why would they if the only people willing to actually go to support the games are already turbo nerds? I can guarantee you that even if a fighting game becomes more accessible the FGC scene won't change a bit.
>>
>>375777559
Because most developers don't care that much about the FGC if they could casualize the game to make NRS-amounts of money
>>
>>375777650
this nrs btfo capcom everytiem
>>
casual here the only fighting games I got are blazeblus,dont touch fighting games desu
>>
>>375772823
thank you for not getting me into a shit game with auto combos

A game that plays for you IS A BAD GAME

FUCK CASUALIZATION IN A GAME
FIGHTING GAMES IS SUPPOSED TO BE YOUR REFLEXES
VERSUS ANOTHER PERSONS REFLEXES

IF IT ISNT THAT IT IS A BAD GAME
>>
File: 1475475080634.jpg (73KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
1475475080634.jpg
73KB, 650x433px
>>375777532
>>
>>375776859

That's because inputs are really the least of your concerns in fighting games. If anything, Persona and Rising Thunder already proves that. The former is focused on being absolutely scummy in terms of setups and move properties than actual inputs, while the latter proves that even if you dumb down inputs, fundamentals are still the groundwork at being relatively skilled at the genre. Bottom line is, fighting games require hard work, but most people who play games these days don't, so even if you make fighting games really casualized, they still wouldn't be satisfied because in the end, your loss is yours.
>>
>>375777559
Because games designed for the FGC, such as Skullgirls, sell less than 100,000 copies and games designed for normal people, like Mortal Kombat X, sell 5,000,000

The FGC is literally a loud minority (made up of loud minorities)
>>
>>375778087
Skullgirls sold close to 1,000,000 copies desu
>>
>>375777453
mortal kombat is literally a normie fighter, and while its taken more seriously than something like smash, its still rightfully looked down upon by the majority of the FGC

also you gonna have to deal with the fact that the inner city niggerdom kind of is the scene at this point, be an ignorant autist elsewhere
>>
https://pastebin.com/pJt3J0Wu
>>
File: 1481246139568.jpg (43KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1481246139568.jpg
43KB, 384x288px
>>375775293
RE7 is a fucking Outlast, P.T. wannabe and you know it anon. Shit game with absolutely nothing to do with the Resident evil series except having the umbrella symbol pop up now and again and then DUURRR CHRIS REDFIELD
Play good games faggot
>>
>>375773109
>>375773582

What are some fighting games I can play whee high level players can't stun lock me for 90% of my health when I fuck up? Looking at some MvC3 matches and I really can't see how it's fun to have someone turn red and juggle you for 30 seconds, then give you half a second to react to your next character coming in and if you fuck up you get juggled for another 30 seconds.
>>
>>375777434
Playerbase was all but dead by the time Riot swooped in friend. Took 10 minutes to find a match in those last few days.
>>
>>375763530
>maxiSHILLian
not even once.
Also whats wrong with just having easy and normal mode again like always
>>
>>375778337
Yeah the playerbase was small, but that had little to do with it since it was mostly just them showing the concept itself off. It was never intended as a full release or to gain a dedicated playerbase since they had already planned for it to not stay out forever.
>>
>>375778325
street fighter, it focuses less on long dial a combo bullshit and more on short combos that do more damage instead of 67 hit combos that do less damage

you are likely to get your ass kicked even harder though, because in SF if you don't know footsies you basically just fucking lose 90% of the time, fundies are super important
>>
>matchup knowledge
>using the right move at the right time
>using optimal combos
>spacing
>inputs
These I can deal with.
>frame links
This is some bullshit. I don't think I'm ever doing any of these with any consistency.
>>
>>375771326
Just play CC, that's the version everyone plays.
Play Kouma or you're bad
>>
>>375778087
MKX had brand recognition and nostalgia behind it. Skullgirls did really well for a brand new IP, and wouldn't have done nearly as well if it didn't have meticulously crafted FGC-tier gameplay in it.
>>
>>375778806
>I don't think I'm ever doing any of these with any consistency
I used to think this when I started playing SF and would just try doing them in matches from time to time, sticking to simpler combos most of the time.
Little by little you start noticing you can actually do them a lot more easily, just by trying a little and playing normally.
>>
>>375763530
>Accessibility
>SF4 was dumb down
>SFV was dumb down even more than SF4

>MvC3 was dumb down
>UMvC3 was slightly dumb down even more
>MvCI is even more dumb down than both

So.... how many times can you dumb down a game until it's no longer a fighting game and is now Naruto? Like, there has to be a limit right? How can they keep dumb down these games even more as the years go by?
>>
Should just be down then a and b.

No need for nerd faggotry.
>>
Lower skill ceilling =/= lower skill floor
>>
Darkstalkers 2 had beginner mode with autocombos back in 1995. Didn't hurt the game any.
>>
>>375779335
>buying Crapcom

There's your problem. The genre's doing just fine outside of their festering little corner of it. Even NRS is looking better than anything Capcom shits out these days.
>>
>>375781272
>no other fighing game series is dumbing down mechanics to make their games more accessible
I know it's fun to shit on Capcom, but come on now.
>>
File: 1433598158234.png (16KB, 479x624px) Image search: [Google]
1433598158234.png
16KB, 479x624px
>>375781103
the franchise is dead, nigga
>>
>>375781571
You better delete this post.
>>
bring back MvC2 option for Normal, and Easy during character select. problem solved!
>>
>>375781571
What does that have to do with the point I was making? Or does the word "Darkstalkers" just trigger you like it does so many 09ers?
>>
why are people equating amount of buttons == "casualness"

do people forget Virtua Fighter?
>>
>>375781871
>Or does the word "Darkstalkers" just trigger you like it does so many 09ers?
I'm an 09er and I love Darkstalkers. Never heard of this.
>>
File: 1432503428756.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1432503428756.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>375781871
The only one triggered is you, you butt pirate
>>
>>375764645
>Dumb down game to pander to casuals
>Release game unfinished, game gets panned and casuals don't buy it

This might be the fuck up that kills the genre again for another 10 years.
>>
>>375769541
*Soul Calibur 1 theme starts blaring*
>>
>>375782004
You're one of the good ones, then. But lots of people who got into fighting games with SF4 have this dogmatic belief that SF and Marvel are the only good Capcom fighters.
>>
>>375781272
NRS is a company that hands out polished-looking shit and that's all.
>>
>>375775534
MAH NIGGA
>>
>>375782174
I don't need your validation, faggot
>>
File: 1482692812174.gif (90KB, 900x400px) Image search: [Google]
1482692812174.gif
90KB, 900x400px
>>
>>375782119
I'm so mad that they couldn't wait a while longer to release a proper game with actual content.
It sucks because I actually like the game.

>>375782174
>But lots of people who got into fighting games with SF4 have this dogmatic belief that SF and Marvel are the only good Capcom fighters
Again, never heard this from anyone who actually plays fighting games and knows a little about them.
>>
File: 1464887787429.gif (2MB, 293x199px) Image search: [Google]
1464887787429.gif
2MB, 293x199px
Not really the thread for it but I'd rather ask here than make a whole thread.

For all the Ryu players in SFV, if his parry were to be buffed, how would you want it to be buffed? Would you want faster start-up, faster recovery, or the ability to cancel it into normals if it's successful? Or something else entirely?
>>
As much as I like AC+R, I'm kind of glad that XRD made Guilty Gear more simple, now I can actually get my friends to join in, and have fun.
The tutorial is A+ too.
>>
>>375763530
as someone who sucks at fighting games I say that casuals just need to git gud and fuck accessibility, it's the same issue with the retarded idea of an easy mode in certain games that weren't really designed with one in mind like dark souls for instance

the argument for accessibility falls flat on it's face if you just take a second to consider other mediums as well, not all fucking books are "accessible" to everyone, same thing for movies, tv shows, anime and all that, different audiences have different tastes and that's part of what enriches those experiences, you can't just dilute something so it panders to everyone, that would just result in a piss poor jack of all trades master of none ordeal
>>
>>375783064
I'd rather just have classic style Ryu back who was based on footsies and fireballs
>>
>>375769009
The game has been out for 15 years

They've tried items
Stamina
Time
Random stages
Even coins for a hot second

Do you really think the Melee meta isn't how it is today for a reason?
>>
>>375783325
Me too, but I'm just asking about parry with this. Realizing Kolin's counter is better than Ryu's parry made me think about ways it could be improved and wondered what other anons thought.
>>
>>375783064
I'm not used to his parry at all since I haven't played the previous games where he had it, so I don't even know what it's supposed to be there for. Am I supposed to use it to bait hits and then combo out of it? Is it to beat fireballs and get in? Am I supposed to use it in my own combos somehow? Like that other guy said I'd probably just want a better fireball.
>>
>>375783389
Honestly, they need to balance all V-Skills and V-Triggers. Some are slightly useful while others are huge comback mechanics/tools.
As for Ryu, they could make it recover faster both when he parries and when he misses to incentivize using it a bit more.
>>
>>375783064
Just make it so he can cancel into anything. Make it busted.
>>
>>375783685
I mainly use it to nullify projectiles, get punishes I wouldn't otherwise be able to get on telegraphed moves, and anti-air.
For example, you can force another Ryu to come in by parrying all his fireballs or parry Nash's moonsaults to get an actual punish instead of it being safe. If you make reads with it you can get some sick damage on people but it unfortunately has hefty recovery and can be crush countered during that recovery so it can be risky.
>>
I don't think accessibility should be a thing except in single player modes so disabled gamers can enjoy the game too.
>>
>>375770036
Noel Vermillion says hello.
>>
>>375783685
The parry is for everything you just said, dude...
>>
>>375769449
Yes, simply because they cant handle a party game with Nintendo characters fighting becoming bigger than the traditional arcade style fighting games. Both parties seem to think they have superiority over one another because of shit like
>We bring EVO the most stream views
>We're more traditional and host tournaments for you

But they're both faggots
>>
>>375770036
It's fine that some characters are easy to pick up and use, like the ones people have been replying with.
The problem is when that character has little depth or is not good at higher levels because of a low skill ceiling. Then people who like the character learn to git gud and the character they love is useless.
>>
>>375778002
this virtue-signaling shit for fighting games on /v/ is particularly annoying because i know from experience that 1 in maybe 100 of you actually knows what each different button does, let alone have anything approaching a rudimentary understanding of any fighting game.
>>
>>375784551
>tfw i love melee and fighting games and just want people to get along and stop shitposting
>>
>>375763758
No it doesn't, Skullgirls proves this. Easily one of the most accessible foghters there is while also being one of the most complex.
>>
>>375769449
Autism on both sides trying to prove their game is superior and try to convert them.
Compound that with how /v/ is anti-fun and can't accept the idea thay someone else is playing a game they're not.

Also >>375784551
>>
>>375784551
SFV kicked the shit out of Melee in viewer numbers last evo.
>>
>autocombos, damage

Top-level pro players were calling MvC3 shallow and trash compared to MvC2, because you could just ABCD sj ABCD super with every character. Do you think this is where MvC3 is today? No, it's not. That's not even where the game stayed week 1 with some characters. That's what you should remember whenever discussing autocombos.

If KoF14 autocombos did natural damage, do you think everyone's going to suddenly start sticking to only autocombos? Do you think people stuck to autocombos in Melty? P4U?

No, they did not. There 100% will be better combos to do, and if you think MvCI won't have that potential depth, then you're retarded. Autocombos are merely there for people to enjoy playing the game at a beginner level.

>22

1. 22 isn't exclusively easier than 623. It's just a different motion that's easier for Smash players and women to grasp.

If I'm already holding forward, as in walking/running forward, which do you think is easier?

>Releasing to 5, then sliding from 2 to 3.
>Releasing to 5, moving to 2, releasing to 5 again, moving to 2 again.

You're effectively doing four different commands for the 22 DP, but only doing two-ish commands for the traditional DP.

2. 22 motions don't suddenly kill crossups. There are games with one-button DPs, like Dauntless (rip) and P4U. Are those DPs impervious to crossups? Are flash kicks? No, they're not.
>>
>>375766828
>Smash 4 Ryu is the perfect example of how to design a moveset catered to both casual and experienced players.

Smash 4 Ryu is just fucking Ryu.
>>
>>375764867
>The best fighting game tutorials have been in the latest GG and arguable Skullgirls
I gave up on 13th or smth "lesson" in Skullgirls.

I couldn't do what game asked of me.

Never touched the game since.
>>
>>375769449
The important thing to remember is that the majority of posters in fighting game threads on /v/ and /r/Kappa are actually Smash players.

When you keep this in mind, the narrative that "Smash players are autistic man children that want acceptance from the cool, big bro FGC" is actually true. They're self-hating because they want possible acceptance from other anons that might truly be from the actual FGC (that fucking hates Smash autists). That's why the majority of posters can't actually discuss fighting game mechanics at a level even close to competency.
>>
>>375781272
>Even NRS is looking better than anything Capcom shits out these days.

What do you gain from lying?
>>
what the fighting game genre needs is to be more than just a multiplayer game.
how about a beat em up mode for SFV or an adventure mode like smash?
as long as the dont force shit like customizable content locked behind modes it should be fine and interesting, and may make more people interested in fighters again.
>>
>>375770558
I've always done QCD then QCF but stopping at down-forward.
>>
>>375784969
And no one plays it anymore.
>>
>>375763530
you dd not need to post a retard to have this discussion op
>>
>>375786342
I agree with this. More fun singleplayer modes to play when you're bored on while waiting for a match would be cool.
I would like something more related to the actual game than a beat em up. Arcade mode is kind of expected 2bh.
>>
>>375786342
>how about a beat em up mode for SFV or an adventure mode like smash?
Tekken did that like 4 times already
>>
>>375786128
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNUo-dEJyKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hklKfEEsxc
>>
>>375785543
Air fadc is pretty sick though.
>>
>>375786763
Nice comparison.
It's not like one game is really close to coming out and the other is like 5 months away.
>>
>>375786763
Fighting game in general look shitty nowadays get over it.
>>
File: C8WZ1DpUMAA97Zo.png (344KB, 754x800px) Image search: [Google]
C8WZ1DpUMAA97Zo.png
344KB, 754x800px
A lot of things would help with making the game more accessible, like tutorials, story modes, RPG modes, masturbation modes, whatever.

The real problem with the genre is that they're 1v1, skill-based games. Losers can't fall back on excuses like garbage mulligans or shit teammates. There's only the salt that comes with losing.

The responsibility that comes with losing is why fighting games cannot get more popular than they currently are.
>>
>>375770872
Because dp motion takes longer and you can't block while inputting it. This is to balance the fact that it's invincible
>>
>>375763530
every game is accessible now.

stop dumbing down good games for no trucking reason.
>>
>>375771317
The start up frames of a dp? You mean the frames that are invulnerable and act as a reversal?
>>
>>375786748
Did it work?

>>375786342
I'd like more challenge incentives for in game money like what SFV does, only don't give us a pittance of 100 FM when it takes 100,000 to buy a character. More specific stuff would be cool too, not just "Do a jumping attack 10 times!" because not only is that easy it doesn't teach you anything. "Cancel a normal into a super" would be a better challenge.

Also have a lot of them per day, with some even changing per hour, not just one each day and a big one each week like SFV. Otherwise people just log in for 5 minutes each week, complete the big challenges and then don't play again. Normies like to see visual rewards for their grinding, so seeing popups like "Challenge completed! +300 fm" every time they boot up and play would keep them coming back.
>>
File: Aliens_Took_My_Wife.png (11KB, 539x465px) Image search: [Google]
Aliens_Took_My_Wife.png
11KB, 539x465px
>>375786763

>Pre-rendered cinematics that will have nothing to do with the gameplay

Oh

You're one of those. The fuckers that buy fighting games "for the single player experience" and then put it back on the shelf or store it after they clear story mode one time.
>>
File: eliza-1920x1080-tekken-7-hd-5949.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eliza-1920x1080-tekken-7-hd-5949.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
>>375786949
Xrd and T7 say otherwise. Capcom just outsources to garbage modelers, and NRS has god awful modelers and animators.

>>375787038
Lowering the skill floor, which is what MvCI does, is 100% okay. Lowering the skill cieling, which is NOT what MvCI does, is not okay.

SFV lowered its skill cieling, and that's why people are bored of the game.
>>
>>375786950
fighting games aren't popular because most people don't want to spend ages learning combos and the competitive crowd tends to move on to the newest fighter.
>>
>>375787117
>Lowering the skill floor, which is what MvCI does, is 100% okay. Lowering the skill cieling, which is NOT what MvCI does, is not okay.
you cant have one without the other if you're lowering the skill floor.

its physically impossible to do.
>>
>>375786426
Yes they do. It's just a small community. Besides people don't avoid playing SG because it's not accessible enough
>>
>>375787117
>Xrd and T7 say
my man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW8B97oSsbA
>>
>>375786426
>anymore

that implies someone played it at a point
>>
>>375787128
>spend ages learning combos

Spoken like someone who's never learned one
>>
>>375787117
>SFV lowered its skill cieling, and that's why people are bored of the game
I'd argue they only lowered the skill ceiling for combos. The skill ceiling for every other skill that fighting games require is pretty much the same.
>>
>>375787203
>you cant have one without the other if you're lowering the skill floor
Yes you can. And they're doing it. You mash lp and you get an unoptimized auto-combo, yet you still are able to get more out of them if you perform combos manually.
>>
>>375787305
Had 150 entrants at combo breaker. That's your average anime game at a tourney
>>
>>375787368
>Yes you can. And they're doing it. You mash lp and you get an unoptimized auto-combo,
thats fucking useless you realize and older games have done that.

thats actually still keeping the skill floor very high even if you add shit auto combos.

you still havent proven me wrong.
>>
>>375787101
People liked it, so they decided to add it to 4, 5, and 6
>>
>>375787485
>thats actually still keeping the skill floor very high
How so?
>>
>>375776745
>playerbase started to die off
It never even came out you mong it was in beta when it was bought out its player base was starting to grow if anything
>>
>>375783327
It's like that for a reason because the melee scene doesnt want to grow up and realize theyve wasted a lot of years getting competitive at a party game, so they keep playing because it's all they have left to be relevant.
>>
>>375787568
because the auto combos suck and noobs dont see them as a feature when you have to do the optimized hard combos to compete so they might as well not be there at all.
>>
>>375787207
My point is making something accessible doesn't automatically make more people suddenly interested in the scene. I guarantee you most of the dedicated players of the game is the same people who would still be playing regardless whether it was accessible or not.
>>
just google and youtube guides nerds
>>
>>375765602
What IS buffering?
>>
My favorite fighters are Garou, Sm4sh, MVC2, and GGXrd.
>>
>>375787615
But his point was that you can make a game accessible without making it less complex. You just don't do it through auto combos and removing dp inputs. It had nothing to do with playerbase or retention.
>>
>>375787613
>because the auto combos suck
The ones in MvCI actually do damage. It allows those that aren't good enough to churn out a better combo to actually get some damage from a punish. It's a safety net while they get better and practice. When faced against a player that uses harder optimized combos, they will learn then firsthand how important combos aside from the auto-combo is. Looks like you've been proven wrong.
>>
>>375787776
Good for you. I hope you have fun playing.
>>
>>375787815
>The ones in MvCI actually do damage.
you mean no damage, good try retard.
>>
>>375787717
It's when you try to pretend that the game you're playing isn't total garbage.
>>
>>375787879
What are your favorite fighters?
>>
>>375787815
forgot to mention.

if you make auto combos good to the point where pros use them since the difference in damage is minimal, the pros will just use the easier combos for consistency.

there is no possible way to lower the skill floor without lowering the skill ceiling you retard.
>>
>>375787907
They have been confirmed to do just as much damage as if someone manually input the same combo.
>calls anyone else a retard
L O L
O L O
L O L
>>
>>375765720
No it's not. It's genius design. Most of these 720's start up in 3 or less frames and if done in front of someone they're inescapable with huge damage. The balance comes from its input making it not possible to perform except in certain situations, limiting its versatility without sacrificing its massive reward.

You don't know shit about what you're trying to discuss
>>
>>375775721
>this image
what happened here?
>>
>>375788007
>the pros will just use the easier combos for consistency
No, pros will continue to practice and use the most optimized combos they can, just as they have for decades.
>>
>>375788002
Samurai Shodown II and V, Darkstalkers 3 and Street Fighter games in general.
>>
>>375787574
Or maybe because the current ruleset has been proven over the course of many years of revision to be the most enjoyable both to play and to spectate?
>>
>>375763530

combos are fun

autocombo just makes things more boring

if you need a game to play itself for you to have fun then you shouldn't be playing it
because its not like anything will change regardless
if the standards are lowered they're lowered for everyone
people who have skill will still be able to wipe the floor with people who don't
accessibility is not magically going to save you from being shit at video games
>>
>>375788027
Citation needed
>>
>>375788172
>enjoyable

Jerking my dick is enjoyable, but it feels better slamming it into a woman's pussy now and again.
>>
>>375788027
which means nothing since its unoptimized so good try retard

>>375788116
which makes auto combos useless, neat.

we've been down this road a billion times retard, fuck off underage.
>>
>>375788181
Combos aren't the only part of fighting games.
As long as the easy combos are not optimal and serve as a way to introduce newer players to the game/genre, it's probably fine.
>>
>>375770895
that's cuase they did
>>
>>375787340
Hit confirming whiff punishes is somewhat related to combo difficulty, but it's notable enough to be its own thing, because

Crush Counter animations make it much easier to notice "oh, I need to dash up and do my full combo now".

Also, buffering a VTrigger with a poke is much easier than buffering a super behind a poke.

You have to actually gitgud enough to hide supers behind a Sakura 2MK, or Chun 2MK, but if all you need to do is 5MK HP+HK, it's much easier.

SFV trivializes a skillset that only a certain level of player has.
>>
>>375788287
They may be useless to pros but it's a great addition for newbies that aren't able to do those harder optimized combos, underaged retard.
>>
>>375788116
Not necessarily. There are combos in various games that only some players did because of the minimal damage increased compared to the likelyhood of dropping. ChrisG is special for many reasons but a big one is that he will always do max damage combos no matter how much harder they are
>>
>>375788449
Pro players will always go for better combos because they get more out of them. ChrisG is special because he spent hours and hours optimizing his faggotry into a science.
>>
>>375788403
>but it's a great addition for newbies that aren't able to do those harder optimized combos,
this was done in fucking marvel 1 you retard.

and it doesnt change shit, the skill floor is still high because those combos are literally useless.

underage fuck off.
>>
>>375788270
Are you saying stamina mode is equivalent to pussy
>>
>>375788536
That's just not true
>>
>>375763530
The only game that really did any kind of auto-comboing right is the remake of Killer Instinct, and that's because it actually boils it down to fundamentals. If you want to play well, you still have to chain decently between your links and auto attacks, while still watching that you're not exceeding the combo meter and that you're taking advantage of your shadow moves whenever possible. If you get hit, then you have to watch for how the enemy is fighting, what the situation is, and keep an eye out for the subtle differences in animations in order to do a combo breaker.

Really, if casuals wanted to get into fighting games, then Killer Instinct is probably the best way to do it, but they don't want to get into fighting games. They just want to think they're playing on a high level when in reality they're still trying to get a grasp of which inputs do what. It's why more casual fighting games like Smash and Mortal Kombat are more popular than more technical ones. They're showy at a base level while their control system is ass backwards enough that even though there may be mechanical depth to explore, you're not really going to meet anybody that scrapes down there while you're playing on the couch.

That's the irony behind more accessible games. In reality, they actually want them to be more stunted for the high level players in order to make the "pro tier" available to any mong that picks up the controller. Whether it's a limited control scheme, contrived "Kombos" that cordon off attacks, or just ass backwards mechanics in general, anything that puts those buffer bumpers on better players is what casuals really want. We see this in other genres as well, as it's part of the reason why games like Counter-Strike have become popular amongst so many shitty kids.

So it's not really a case as making it easier for casuals to get in as much as they want better players to stay away. Killer Instinct and Rising Thunder flopped because of this.
>>
>>375787717
I'll help you out, smashbro. Say you want to attack the moment you get out of blockstun.

You need to wait for the exact moment your character returns to neutral, then you press your attack button.

If your game has an input buffer that lasts x frames, then the game will remember your button presses for up to x frames. So this means you can press your attack button slightly before you return to neutral, and the game will give you your perfectly timed attack.

It's related to input leniency and makes a game feel much better.

If you're familiar with some Dragon Ball Z fighting games, they have HUGE input buffers, where you could, for example, rapidly press attack five times, and the game will remember all of those inputs, and give you the five-hit attack sequence.
>>
>>375788356
Crush Counters are too strong, I agree with that.
They should maybe increase the scaling when you hit one, like it was with focus attacks in SFIV, so that the reward for landing a CC isn't as big as it is now.
As for V-Trigger, they are just too strong in general as a comeback mechanic, for some characters. Still, it's not like this is the first game with a mechanic where you spend a resource to confirm into damage easily. Maybe you get too much V bar (or what ever it's called) for getting hit, but that's a different story.
>>
>>375788545
How so? They actually let new players participate past just hitting buttons and getting the occasional super move. It's a great first stepping stone for players to advance past it.
You fuck off, underage retard.
>>375788627
How is it not true? If a player is using a certain combo for damage and another combo is found that does more damage but is harder, they'll practice that combo until they can reliably perform that combo, making them more efficient in tournaments.
>>
>>375787809
I'm not really much into fighting games but from what I understand is that alot of the people enjoy the daily grind of spending hours just trying to get down single frame inputs. I don't really understand what this is trying to accomplish if it doesn't really broaden peoples interest in the game which is what ultimately the purpose of making it accessible. You just kinda up pissing people off who like these hard to do tech.
>>
>>375788752
It's a well known phenomenon where you're told to not go for the fancy, optimal combo, if you know a simpler combo will suffice.

The intelligent player will then opt for the much more consistent combo.

It's something you'll hear from players across several games.

So the statement that
>pro players will ALWAYS use the optimal combo
is untrue.
>>
>>375788752
Because the likelyhood of dropping them under pressure and losing knockdown compared to a minimal increase in damage. There's a reason you'll find commentators note when a player is hitting fancy combos instead of safer more reliable strings and you see it fairly often.

Some pro players don't have the same execution as others. I remember a time when diago wouldn't go for solar plexus punch into DP in sf4 everytime because the danger of missing the link was a full punish.

It just simply isn't true that pro players will always go for optimal damage. These games aren't played in a vacuum
>>
>>375788942
I mean, the optimal combo for a situation where you can kill with an easy combo IS the easy combo.
>>
File: nonsense.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
nonsense.gif
2MB, 480x272px
>>375764105
THIS

>>375763530
THE FUCK YOU THINK MOTHER FUCKER?!

>/v/ to socially inept to go to tournaments to get good
>Im going to texas showdown this week to level up my game and enjoy the fun action

GET BENT FUCKERS!
You dont deserve to know the joy of fighting games.
Just kep crying like the SJW bitches that you are!

'Mic drop'
>>
>>375788862
His point is you can make a game more accessible without necessarily sacrificing depth although lazy devs like capcom often can't distinguish the two. I don't know what else to tell you or what the rest of your post has to do with anything
>>
>>375789050
That's not the only situation where an optimal combo will be passed over though
>>
>>375788942

well thats the thing
"optimal" doesn't just mean highest damage
it means the highest damage you can get reliably
because the true highest damage combos in fighting games often rely on corners anyway so its not like you could just do them all the time even if you wanted to
>>
>>375773787
>Fighting games shouldn't be about pulling off long combos after memorizing a huge amount of inputs
>Should be about skill, timing, and prediction

:/
>>
>>375788942
>you're told to not go for the fancy, optimal combo, if you know a simpler combo will suffice
>will suffice
And when playing against top players they don't suffice. The higher in skill you go, the more optimized combos are.
>>375788991
That's due to diminishing returns within the game itself. There are tons of style combos in SF4 that are needlessly hard and the extra reward is minimal. Optimized doesn't mean just best damage or best setup potential. It's the best you can get consistently. For example, in SF4 an Akuma can do sthp xx fireball FADC sthp xx tatsu -> DP but a more optimized combo would be crmp -> sthp xx fireball FADC crmp -> sthp xx tatsu -> DP
The way MvCI is handling it, the first combo would be the auto-combo while the more optimized combo is the second. The execution is clearly harder but the reward is well worth it.
>>
>>375789201
This is what I meant >>375789228
It's a matter of risk vs reward, depending on the situation.
The situation I meantioned was an example of the risk being higher with a harder combo, while the reward remained the same.
>>
>>375789246
>combos
>skill
>prediction
??
and timing is arguable, a lot of fighters let you buffer inputs.
>>
honestly i hate braindead inputs, it just means a lack of overall options

in sfv everyone and their mother can do optimized offense so every match boils down to neutral and defense, and neither of those are possible outside of smart guesswork online (and some matchups offline)

without difficult combos i don't feel the need to practice, which means i don't feel the need to play the game.

sure it might bring in a bunch of casuals, but how long does a casual last in any niche genre? not nearly as long as a no-life faggot that drops 40 hours per week in fighting game training modes, that's for sure
>>
I don't think that all fighting games should be the same thing. There can be hardcore fighting games like streetfighter and casual fun fighting games like Smash bros or ARMS. I do think the market for the latter is bigger than the market for the former though. There just aren't that many people with the dedication to learn a game like street fighter.
>>
>>375789363
>There are tons of style combos in SF4 that are needlessly hard and the extra reward is minimal

Right. So players always going for optimal combos because you get more out of them (you objectively do) is not true.
>>
>>375789363
You have a very odd definition of optimal combo. I've never heard someone say optimal combo as meaning anything but highest damage in any of my time at locals or online
>>
File: deejay confirmed.png (92KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
deejay confirmed.png
92KB, 300x300px
>>375763758
lmao like your ass is playing some proper games that have stupid execution requirements like HNK or HFTF.

Like any of you shits do that here.
>>
>>375789125
This is what some people think as "complex". To you, they don't seem like sacrifices but to others they are. If the purpose of these changes are to entice new people but doesn't, than making the game accessible is bad and purposeless
>>
>>375789363
it's also why a game like SF3 is just footsies and whiffing. To get that super bar up so you can use EX and super to get the most damage for the least work .
>>
I feel like half the people that respond to me

1. don't know what their own positions are
2. don't know what my position is

Either they're retarded, and don't realize they're writing some inane shit,

or they're subconsciously doing so because they want to post for the sake of posting, with this being their only outlet of human interaction.

>>375789437
There is zero reason to believe MvCI won't have difficult combos to do. You will NOT see a competent player still doing autocombos as their go-to combos. Please stop giving your opinions on technical subjects.

>>375789050
Please remember your own exact words, and then stop posting.

>>375789575
Same. I'd say it's just backpedaling, honestly.
>>
>>375789669
You don't even know what it means to make a fighting game accessible
>>
>>375764645
SFV is a nice game but you cannot ignore the terrible launch which scared so many potential buyers away.
>>
>>375789740
>Please remember your own exact words, and then stop posting
That was my first post to you, autismo.
>>
>>375764867
Adding a tutorial is absolutely not enough.
BNBs in GG are fucking stupid and its no surprise that nobody wants to bother with this shit.
>>
>>375789464
I'm glad my bait worked. Most style combos in SF4 actually don't do more damage. In fact, a lot of them cause insane scaling and are simply to show off execution skill. Optimized SF4 combos aren't actually as hard as the style combos. Please go google what diminishing returns is. Optimization usually ends where the tangent line connects with the square root graph of damage/execution begins to plateau.
>>375789575
It's not very optimal to risk dropping a harder combo for a negligible increase in damage.
>>
>>375789740
read the op, he stated "games", and i hope you're right about marvel, but it'll probably be closer to TvC than UMVC3
>>
>>375789839
This is quite true. They fucked that up horribly and costed them a lot. Which is awful for the rest of us who play the game.
>>
>>375789839
And those are the people that don't play the game past release. Its the same people on here that rag on SFV or SFIV and really don't play fighting games and mention something like SF EX to get some cred.
>>
>>375764105
This 100%. I don't play fighters. I suck ass at them, they are the ONE genre that I am completely fucking shit at. Mostly because I am totally incapable of reading another persons mind

Even if they did make them more 'accessible', I STILL wouldn't play fighters.
>>
>>375767060
nah, he'd be capable of doing that.
but he went insane and wants to force a revolution in fighting games design, so he does dumb shit like this.
>>
>>375763530
I don't think they should do anything to streamline or automate any part of the game, but they could real use better tutorials. Most fighting game just have super bare bones explanations. The few that do go on depth are very time consuming and do little to make learning fun, or hands on.
>>
>>375789939
ibuki main here, they're definitely just as hard
>>
>>375789740
>or they're subconsciously doing so because they want to post for the sake of posting, with this being their only outlet of human interaction.

Literally me
>>
>>375789784
Neither does Capcom/SNK/Arc System or the whole FGC.
>>
>>375790036
You would have to teach people how to play vs the normal shenanigans and lame tech people use. I never seen a single game teach someone how to play vs a lame player.
>>
>>375789939
>I'm glad my bait worked. Most style combos in SF4 actually don't do more damage.

So then they wouldn't be optimal? There's plenty of "style" combos (what does that even mean to you) that do more damage and aren't recommended for consistency sake. As for you're definition of what optimal means, idk. After over 2 decades you're the first person I've met who uses it that way.
>>
>>375790090
That's because Ibuki is a high-execution character.
>>
>>375790016
Look. You can guarantee that the majority of potential buyers wouldnt stick.
Thats fine though and thats not the point.
There is always some retention rate going on.
If for every thousand players one guy sticks around than sellng a million less is already kinda shitty.

SFV was not a good product on launch at all. Not even online worked.
They fucked up really hard.
>>
>>375789939
Optimization is where max damage is achieved. What the fuck are you on about? Execution difficulty is subjective you can't put it on a graph
>>
>>375790256
It was mostly it not having single player. You didn't have normies and chad buy the game because every outlet said it didn't have arcade mode.
>>
>>375790335
people rag'd on 4 because it didn't have bonus games.
>>
File: 1482454628787.jpg (27KB, 320x276px) Image search: [Google]
1482454628787.jpg
27KB, 320x276px
If you can't into fitan games just don't play them
I don't see the big deal, and if you still wana play them, just fucking play them? It's not like you'll ever be a tourny fag anyways.

In the US & Japan there is still a decent chunk of Street Fighter sales that go to casuals that just play it for shits or against their mates.

Thank god /v/ isn't responsible for marketing decisions.
>>
>>375790273
>subjective
what are frame/windows and odd rhythms
>>
>>375790194
>aren't recommended for consistency sake
Yet they'll have to learn and practice those combos if they want to optimize their play.
>>
File: g.jpg (82KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
82KB, 408x408px
>>375790393
>super comes out with bonus games
>nobody gives a shit
>>
>>375790116
Same.
>>
>>375766828
>Can do Ryu's inputs no problem in SF
>In Smash I almost always do it the wrong way and end up tatsuing off a cliff.
>>
>>375790432
?
Odd rhythms? What are you on about. Execution difficulty is subjective. It cannot be out on a graph to meet a point with damage. ChrisG would say the difficulty is worth it, another pro may say it's not.

>>375790435
Yes. So max damage combos are optimal
>>
>>375790432
are you fucking retarded
>>
>>375790459
One time for shits and giggles I did the math. When Ultra came out, it sold about 500k. 250k on console 250k on steam. Roughly. Now if you look at the cheevos on steam. Only 1% and sometimes less than 1% of total steam users that have USF4 bother to beat Arcade mode on normal.
>>
>>375790515
that's because you don't play SF on a fucking gamecube controller specifically designed for optimal mario platforming
>>
>>375790764
Granted, you could say that only the most dedicated bought the fourth version of the game, but even in super 4 i'm convinced that not many bothered with the really barebones and shitty arcade mode.

Only in vanilla 4 it made sense because thats how you unlocked Gouken.
That was fucking gay though.
>>
also when they did lower the ceiling by taking inputs out of a fighting game people still got beat by shenanigans. Tick throws, Zoning, crossups, throwloops, meaties. The issue isn't the technical. the issue is the shit you face playing vs another human player.
>>
File: smashbrosmeme.jpg (330KB, 1378x1650px) Image search: [Google]
smashbrosmeme.jpg
330KB, 1378x1650px
Oh, what's that? Traditional 2D fighters are finally learning that their games are just memorized button string simulators? Well, that's splendid! Why don't you start playing a real fighting game like Smash bros?
>>
>>375790914
I want to know how many people even bother to unlock that?
>>
>>375791052
Lmao someone actually made this image.
Good post.
>>
>>375791052
c'mon man this thread is already full of retards like
>>375790432
>>375789939
do we really need you to bring the rest of short bus in here?
>>
>>375791052
wow that is sure some top tier ignorance.
>>
>>375791182
>projecting
Found the real retard.
>>
>>375789939
>It's not very optimal to risk dropping a harder combo for a negligible increase in damage.
go for the reset since you can't pull off the infinite
>>
>>375763530
Yeah casualize it. Worked for Street Fighter 5 right?
>>
>>375791052
SUCK MY MOTHERFUCKING COCK!
>>
>>375791102
Dunno, many most likely werent even aware.
Its mostly a kick in the nuts for competitive players who cant be dicked to run single player.

I'm glad that this is mostly gone these days.
Single player should unlock cosmetics only.
>>
>>375791052
>Poe's Law: the post
>>
>>375791310
See >>375789839
>>
>>375791291
That's purposefully dropping a combo, which is a completely different animal.
>>
File: 1493710942175.jpg (41KB, 447x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493710942175.jpg
41KB, 447x400px
Auto combos will actually help thin the herd of mashers and maybe, just maybe, teach them to stop pressing buttons.

>>375771158
>T7
>accessible
You're in for a rude awakening in a month.
>>
>>375791612
I haven't played 3d much at all. What's so hard about Tekken for a beginner?
I might get into it.
>>
>>375766183
>Now what if they used a program like autohotkey to do the combos they already knew but with a single button press (and maybe a cancel key with autohotkey to abort just in case)
can you point to me any instance of this shit ever happening, because you sound like a bad shitter, I would know because there were times when I would think exactly this when I first broke into skullgirls as my first fightan. I play with a keyboard and use autohotkey because there's no actual remapping options in game
>>
you guys are all forgetting the fact that combos in UMVC3 weren't even that hard except for very specific characters most of which aren't in the upper tier

I mean just look at Wolverine Vergil and Doom
they're level of execution isn't anything especially daunting
Morrigan yes kinda but only because of her bs mechanics that allow her to zone like a madman

MvC of all series really doesn't need to be made easier honestly
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-12-01-40-57.png (336KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-12-01-40-57.png
336KB, 960x540px
>>375789246
Play Tekken Tag 2 or Tekken 7 when it comes out.

Juggle combos have been doing less and less damage each game, to the point where a standing three hit knockdown combo does nearly the same damage.

At that point it becomes all about knowing what moves to use and when, and not about how well you've memorized this one singular 15 hit tag combo juggle.

This is coming from a player of TTT2 who's lost half of the 1000-something matches he's played but that's mostly just me not being as good as the higher ranks.
>>
>>375791919
>weren't even that hard
>5% of top players are consistent
>umvc3 casualized marvel
>>
>>375791781
>what's so hard about tekken for a beginner

Mostly you'll get smoked online by anyone who knows anything, but besides that, not much. the games are pretty mash-friendly and juggle combos are getting less and less optimal.
>>
>>375764645
>If fucking SFV still isn't enough, then nothing is going to get casuals to play fighting games.
>no singleplayer content at launch
>terrible launch in general

How would SF5 appeal to casuals?
>>
>>375772579
You don't need juggle combos, you know.
>>
>>375773161
the most comprehensive tutorial ever made could never teach you how to actually fight another human being that is thinking against you, the best way to learn is to actually play the game
>>
>>375763530
Auto combo's sounds like a really really bad and disastrous idea for a fighting game.
>>
>>375792431
>Mostly you'll get smoked online by anyone who knows anything
Oh, so like pretty much any other fighting game.
Yeah, I'm prepared for that.
>>
>>375792507
Story mode and bikinis
>>
>>375792608
>Oh, so like pretty much any other game.
>>
>>375792583
A good tutorial at least teaches you how to play the character.
>>
>>375792597
KoF 14 has auto combos and guess what? Nobody uses them. it'll be the same for marvel.
>>
>>375791052
This just shows that Nintendo fanboys are retards that know nothing about games outside of their bubble.
>>
>>375791819
I've heard of people doing it but to my understanding even on a flawless connection it isn't perfect.
>>
>>375783064
>or the ability to cancel it into normals if it's successful
uh, isn't that exactly what its for already?
>>
>>375791052
Smash babies have a hard time with basic fighting game logic, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>375792507
The launch was bad, but saying that casuals only care about single player is blatantly wrong too.
everybody used to play SF2 with friends exclusively back then.

People play overwatch and shit like dota in multiplayer only right now too.
But somehow that doesnt apply to fighting games anymore because somebody said that this is a genre where single player MUST be a thing.

Its backwards as shit.
>>
>>375792870
No. It still has recovery even if it's successful. The only thing it can cancel into is itself on success.
>>
>>375792947
Until like 2014 I only bought fighting games for the single player content. None of my friends were good at fightan and I didn't have internet at home until I moved out.

I'm sure that most casuals in fightan stay away from online because anyone that can't beat Hard Arcade will get bodied online. Usually for a lot of people, unlocking all the endings and extra content is enough.
>>
>>375792947
Overwatch and dota are team based so casuals can get carried.

fighting games are usually one on one. if a casual gets bodied it's his own fault. This is the main difference.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>375793178
Its a social genre you play when people come over.
thats literally what it was for twenty years.

SF2 and Tekken3 were top 5 in sales on their respective systems. They were gigantic mainstream successes.

They played it in fucking Biggie Smalls music videos.
>>
>>375792754

I mean Marvel also has auto combos and always has since literally MVC1
the thing is they really won't help anyone do better at the game

so yeah
>>
File: Dude weed lmao.png (117KB, 304x397px) Image search: [Google]
Dude weed lmao.png
117KB, 304x397px
Excuse my fighting game ignorance, but why is it always combos that's on the chopping/discussion block? Sure they are important and the degree of that changes based on the fighting game, but even if you make your combos very accessible and not taxing to input, don't you really only know like 1/4 of the character? Combos are cool but do they really mean as much if you can't get in to do them, land the initial or proceeding hits to continue them, or even grasp the situational awareness needed to know which combo will work or would be the least likely to blow up in your face?

At that point isn't it more of problem of teaching folks how to fighting game than how to combo?
>>
>>375792681
again, the best way to learn is to actually play the game. I play Birdie, I never though to use hk.chain after c.hp until someone did it to me, so I realized that his c.hp is a launcher and I went to the lab to see what else I could use it for. From that I learned that from c.hp you can go into hp. bull head, which does less damage but more stun than hk. chain, however you can also further the combo off a s.hk crush counter if you're really close to someone, improperly spaced and the c.hp won't connect after the crush counter s.hk and the best you can do is just hp. bull head, which still does good damage. I also learned that you can't use a non ex chain after cc s.hk-c.hp, because they'll be pushed too far away for the chain to connect after the launch, so you have to use ex chain, so you can combo into regular hk. chain after a jump in, but not a crush counter. I learned all of that because someone hit me with a move I didn't think to try. Play the game, dive in, you might just learn something
Thread posts: 528
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.