[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just put this game away forever because of the horrible auto-save/checkpoint

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: MGSV-GZ-Update-save-data-upload.jpg (163KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
MGSV-GZ-Update-save-data-upload.jpg
163KB, 1000x563px
I just put this game away forever because of the horrible auto-save/checkpoint mechanic.

What were they thinking?
>>
>>375760602
Stop being a little bitch
>>
If you didn't hate the game in the beginning you're going to hate it during the second half.
>>
what
>>
>>375760602
save scummer detected.
>>
>>375761515
I don't know, I really gave it a chance. The first time I started the game back up only to realize that it had not saved when I quit before, I figured it was my own fault.

The next time I waited for the auto-save icon to show up, then powered off when it was done. Loaded up and it apparently didn't save. Oh well, it happens.

The third time it dropped me in on my progress from two entire completed missions ago. Fuck that. I am not slogging through an hour of gameplay I've already completed just because they couldn't figure out how to implement effective auto-saves or manual saves in 2015. Fuck Kojima right in his goose face.
>>
>>375762179
I wish that were the problem.
The problem arises when I have to put the game down to go do something else and I have to then make a choice; will I wander around until the game saves, even though it might not actually save? Or will I leave my console on standby until I'm ready to play again? Or will I just shut the game off and see what happens?

I'm so angry, /v/. I'm really mad.
>>
>>375761605
I really wanted to love it. There's so much good stuff here. But the weird resource management stuff with the base and the repetitive missions were just the beginnings of why I hate this game.
>>
>>375762240
Ignore him, the game is casualized trash for the COD audience do yourself a favor and don't even bother.
>>
>>375762357
Checkpoints are fixed, either in certain areas or after doing something important.

If you want to save the game 'manually' just walk to a checkpoint. Ground Zeroes is not even that big of a map.

Also Phantom Pain is better
>>
File: [002272].jpg (83KB, 681x475px) Image search: [Google]
[002272].jpg
83KB, 681x475px
I quit when I got to chapter 2 and they made me replay chapter 1 missions.
>>
>>375760602
Then restart the mission GZ is 30min long.
>>
>>375760602
It's literally 20 minutes to 2 hours long depending on how you play and your skill level, why don't you just play it when you've got an evening free to play? Like put aside 2 hours after dinner and before bed to play it. Playing games in short bursts is a pain, it retracts from the experience a lot too for me, so I never do it. I don't think people here do either, so I guess that's why this is the first time most of us are hearing this complaint.
>>
>>375762758
He's talking about Grounds Zeroes.
>>
>>375760602
>Or will I leave my console on standby until I'm ready to play again?
>console
Well PS4 has a sleep function which keeps the game in a suspended state while it's off, like hibernating your PC. Just do that and you'll be where you left off when you start it back up.
>>
>>375762357
>Complaining about checkpoints in fucking Ground Zeroes

Nigga how much fucking time does it take you to get through a mission? It's a small island with like one objective per run through, like 15-20 minutes of progress AT FUCKING BEST that you stand to lose if you turn it off.
>>
OP here, sorry for the confusion.
I'm not talking about GZ, I'm talking about Phantom Pain.
>>
>>375764114
OH

well, I guess you should drop it for good.
>>
>>375764114
That game saves your progress every thirty fucking seconds. The most amount of time you will ever lose is when you stop to survey a camp to take it out, or in the middle of a mission. Either way you lose less than five minutes of time.
>>
>>375764552
Meh, that just hasn't been my experience.
I completed mission 11 and was halfway through 12 the last time I shut the game off.
Came home from a trip and it loaded up in the middle of 11, before the cutscene.
>>
>>375764758
>Came home from a trip

look at this normie, complaining about games. I'd laugh at you if I wasn't so jealous.
>>
I want to replay this on PC, is it possible to cheat past all the online stuff? I want to mess with all the stuff that you can only get by having a super high level mother base.
>>
File: 1460906875495.jpg (151KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1460906875495.jpg
151KB, 800x800px
Who here /PCWithMods/?
Helicopter skip mod with Infinite Heaven is fantastic.
>>
>>375765432
I'm currently using

>Female Sneaking Suit fix
>Big Boss Mullet
>Infinite Heaven

I only use IH for Walker Gears/Patrols/Skulls on free roam.

What are other mods worth a damn?
>>
>>375765586
I use instant platform construction and instant weapon development because this is my second playthrough.
>>
>>375760602

Even if your reason for dropping it makes you look like a turbo casual, it's a shit game anyway so you're right in dropping it.
>>
>>375765586

>Female Sneaking Suit fix

THAT'S A THING?

FUUUUUCK

....reinstalling
>>
File: d53.png (20KB, 305x275px) Image search: [Google]
d53.png
20KB, 305x275px
>>375765432
>tfw MGSV doesn't load with Infinite Heaven turned on
>>
>>375767228
It's because your game is saved either in free roam mode or on Mother Base. Remove the mod, then save and exit your game while in the ACC.
You can reinstall after that and it should work.
>>
>>375767678
Are you sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the game is pirated
>>
>yfw this trailer hit
>yfw chapter 2 was essentially chapter one with new difficulties and a cutscene in between
What a fucking waste of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOnOPthoMfY
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.